IN IN - Herbert Richard Baumeister AKA Brian Smart Preyed on Gay Men - Remains Found at Fox Hollow Farm - Possibly I-70 IN/OH Serial Killer

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
First, I am so sorry for your loss. From what I could find, George was described as a very kind man who, as quoted, wouldn't hurt a fly.

I've been able to find quite a few articles about the murder, the most important of which I'll link. His body was found on the morning of December 20, 1993, in the front room of his apartment, feet from the front door, which had been partly locked.

He had been beaten and stabbed, though I couldn't find any note of a part of his skull being missing. He was last seen at 2:30 a.m. on December 19, leaving the Unicorn Lounge, which from research, I believe is a gay bar. He is theorized to have picked up someone there. His car would be found days after his murder at a small shopping center.

Oddly, from what I could find, I found no evidence that George had been strangled in any way, but it's very possibly police didn't disclose this, nor the missing skull piece.

I haven't researched this case extensively, but George's movements shortly before his murder seem very close to Baumeister's known victims. I do recommend contacting to person also mentioned, to see if the missing skull piece may be among the bones found at Fox Hollow Farm.
Does George have a thread here on Websleuths?? That would be a great first step if not. I have no idea how to start one.

Does George have a thread here on Websleuths?? That would be a great first step if not. I have no idea how to start one.
Hastily assembled, hope this is fine, thanks to links provided by Palisades.

Bbm
The Hamilton County Sheriff's Office and Coroner's Office have successfully named the nine known victims and are in the process of identifying four others. There were a total of 10,000 pieces of human remains located on the 18-acre estate where serial killer Herb Baumeister, owner of the Sav-A-Lot shopping chain, once lived.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lexus24
Back