Found Deceased IN - Jacqueline Watts, 33, Columbus, 3 March 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sadly, this was likely either some sort of accident, medical/drug issue, or suicide. At least we know that no one harmed her. Sigh.

Rest gently, lovely girl.

I think we should let it go. They said they have reason to suspect no foul play and will be sharing at the press conference tomorrow, possibly pending confirmation from the autopsy. I don't know how it is helpful to anyone to continue speculating foul play when LE has now apparently corroborated other "rumor" that foul play is not involved. JMO.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

It's websleuths, hon. It's what we do.

I'm thinking medical emergency

A man in my city went outside to bring in firewood and was bitten by a rattlesnake. He died before his son got off the phone calling 911.

I'm very interested in learning what happened. I'm relieved she wasn't a homicide victim. May she rest in peace.

Which news article has LE saying they "have more questions than answers?"

Thanks. Going to bed now. I'll be traveling tomorrow, so I'll catch up when I can. Night, y'all.

The water around the sandbar area is very shallow. That doesn't mean it's shallow and calm 100 yards+ upstream. Riverbanks with exposed roots can trap you if you slip down; submerged trees can entangle you; water you can stand in can take you off your feet with a current; cold water will knock the breath out of you; and there's likely eddies and deeper spots before the weir.

Since she grew up there, I'm puzzled about how she would have ended up in the river, but we'll undoubtedly hear more about le's findings tomorrow.

For those who are wondering, the river is actually much deeper upstream before the dam (as in you can't touch and I'm 6') where she most likely entered (directly across from where her car was parked/through the woods).

The pictures we've seen today are downstream after the dam and it's much shallower there.

Ahh. Okay. Thanks you two. I assumed it was shallow everywhere. That makes more sense.

O.K. So, the obit. said that your mother had passed away. Gave the address of the house. Also stated that your mother's husband (your father) had predeceased her. Since you had spent the last few years living there with your mother before she died, I assume that it was someone who knew that you would be left all alone in that house since your mom had passed away. Is this what you were thinking? What motive would that man have had to kill you?

Hell, there's pervert predators all over the country who troll for women alone in their homes, or whatever, to rape and kill. Because they enjoy that kind of horror. That's the motive. They like to rape and kill women or children.

For those who are wondering, the river is actually much deeper upstream before the dam (as in you can't touch and I'm 6') where she most likely entered (directly across from where her car was parked/through the woods).

The pictures we've seen today are downstream after the dam and it's much shallower there.

That's what I figured. I asked if the river was the same shallow depth everywhere and never got an answer

I would just really like to know what kind of possible medical emergency would make someone park their car, turn their flashers on, exit out the passenger side door, and run to the nearest river... ?

I would just really like to know what kind of possible medical emergency would make someone park their car, turn their flashers on, exit out the passenger side door, and run to the nearest river... ?

She had a medical emergency?

Something endocrine could do that. Like extreme low blood sugar where you just act bizarrely. A stroke maybe? Brain tumor?

[h=1]Personality Change and the Brain Tumor Patient[/h]Another day, same store, I was trying to park and he suddenly jumped out of the car. I pulled into the space designated for pregnant women and received a lot of nasty looks when I jumped out (obviously not pregnant) and chasing Michael around the parking lot where he was walking in front of cars.

https://ropeburns.wordpress.com/2011/03/02/personality-change-and-the-brain-tumor-patient/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2688330/

I understand they will have a press conference tomorrow at noon (3/6/17) and I would like to see it but I am not local. Anyone know if it will be streamed online and if so, where? Thanks!

A small possibility
Ate something bad/ stomach flu and had the "runs"
Vomiting, pregnancy related?
Just speculation, imo.

I would think she would turn around and go back to her parents house in that scenario. SUCH a short distance...

I'm shocked that no foul play is suspected. I will await the press conference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When police say no foul play is suspected that's usually code word for suicide most often. Or I suppose it could be an accident but I think that is less probable. No foul play means the cause of death was fairly obvious as suicide or maybe there is no injuries or wounds visible.

While I think it is suicide, is it possible she was kidnapped and was in the passenger seat and fled leaving the door open? The driver could have been the kidnapper. It doesn't make sense that he would turn on hazard lights though. Then there's the police saying no foul play is suspected.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

If LE says there was no foul play and the case is closed... I'll be fine with that. *cough*
Ok, not really. Questions keep churning in my mind about the car door being left open, was she on meds, was she recently diagnosed with a terminal illness , did she have a CC permit and was a gun found beside her... etc.

And did anyone benefit in any way from her passing ?
Just wondering ; and yes-- I know it's NOMB

Jmo

I used to work as a Park Ranger - every single suicide we handled had the same thing: The subject who committed suicide in the woods would leave some kind of trail/evidence so we could find the body. Most likely she left her vehicle's emergency flashers on specifically for this reason. Now I'm sure many Park Rangers have had cases where no trail was left behind, but in general, it seems these folks usually want to be found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaMaude
Back