IN - James Chadwell II, 42, arrested after girl 9, found in his home, Lafayette, 19 Apr 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know how to get the probable cause affidavit? Sounds like the media has them.
CAUTION: Contents of the probable cause affidavit are very disturbing, and contain graphic depictions of abuse.

Edit: On second thought, I’m going to take it down. It’s a public document and does not contain the name of the victim, but probably better that it’s not circulating without more redaction.

Last edited:
I think there should be a warning attached to the affidavit link here, because although the victim's name is withheld, it does include rather specific details about what was done to her. This could be something some readers may not want to pursue. JMO
Thanks for pointing that out.
I added a note of caution. I found it extremely disturbing myself.

Edit: I went ahead and deleted it.

Last edited:
this case is sort of making me sick. I feel sorry for the police too and drs and social workers too; I know they see a lot but... I wanted to know if this case would solve some others as well, but I need to focus on something more positive in life for awhile.

Yes, that is the fountain. It is on the West Lafayette (Purdue University) side of the pedestrian bridge crossing the Wabash River to Lafayette. It’s a nice bridge and pretty popular.

Just finally got caught up now.
My heart is so heavy for that sweet little girl.
I can't help but wonder what his end game was if LE wouldn't have knocked on the door when they did.
He's exactly the kind of monster every parent fears.
Glad he's locked in a cage, where he belongs.

Am I remembering correctly that in the Delphi case we don’t know whether or not they have DNA? But it’s assumed they do because of how they’ve ruled people out? I REALLY hope they do have DNA so this guy can be checked. What a monster.

In February Sheriff TL of Carroll County stated in an HLN interview that they do have unmatched DNA, they don't know if it's the killer's DNA.

On Chadwells FB under photos there are 2 pictures of his tattoo on right arm- underside. These are probably selfies. One is dated May 16,2020 the May 16 is the clearest. It is him standing on a bridge over water- just a few pictures following the Welcome to Florida pic if you take this May 16 pic and turn it counterclockwise then zoom in. Tattoo of young girl appears to be crying and has no eyes <modsnip: Removed link with direct reference to another case>

2nd photo is dated May 20,2020 and is just a few pics after the hand comparison quiz. This one is not as clear

Last edited by a moderator:
Mod Note

While media stated today that LE is looking for any ties to other crimes, to this point James Chadwell has not been named a Person of Interest in any other cases. Should LE officially name him as a Person of Interest, we can then re-visit the rules. Until then, posts that have been and will continue to be removed from the thread include:

-Social Media Screenshots
-Sleuthing Friends and Family
-Direct accusation and connection to other cases

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics