IN - James Chadwell II, 42, arrested after girl 9, found in his home, Lafayette, 19 Apr 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the inside edition video they do say found her chained in the basement. But just like I personally think they got the scanner transmission wrong, I also think that was wrong. But you probably heard that there, and didn't assume it. I know I can never keep straight if I heard it or just thought it hahaha. Too many things running through my brain to keep straight.

Thank you, :)

What part have you not seen? I think.... Tiffani? Maybe?... linked his criminal record. Its all in there. He has at least 2 orders of protection against him. While in prison, he assaulted an officer. And we know about this most recent 9 year old. If you dont see it, I will get links at the computer tomorrow. I'm sure it's in the media thread, as it has been discussed multiple times. But I can help find it again, if needed.
You forgot the DUI’s ;)

In the inside edition video they do say found her chained in the basement. But just like I personally think they got the scanner transmission wrong, I also think that was wrong. But you probably heard that there, and didn't assume it. I know I can never keep straight if I heard it or just thought it hahaha. Too many things running through my brain to keep straight.
CrimeOnline also says after they got the chain off the door, they found her “locked up at the bottom of the stairs” but who knows if it’s just shoddy reporting.
He may have intimidated her badly enough that he didn’t feel the need to restrain her (or tape her mouth) to stop her from running, screaming, up the stairs if she heard police.
Or maybe some reporters heard other details from LE, the probable cause affidavit isn’t the most descriptive of others I’ve read.
Whatever the truth is, every horrid detail will probably eventually come out in court.
Chadwell gave the officers permission to search his home. According to the Journal & Courier, authorities searched throughout the home, including the basement, which had a chain lock on the door. Officers got the door open and heard a child crying from the bottom of the basement stairs
A little girl, locked up at the bottom of the stairs, told the officers that Chadwell tried to kill her. She reportedly had bruises all over her body, strangulation marks on her neck, and dog bites on her leg.
Next door neighbor locks 9-year-old girl in basement, cops interrupt rape & MURDER in progress: Police

In the 22 April presser Doug Carter said, “The sketch isn’t a photograph. A sketch is a sketch and that’s really important for everybody to understand. I believe that the individual, when we catch him, it will be a combination of those two.”

https://i.imgur.com/ULWVNq0_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand

DC will certainly remember the above statement.

While some think the first sketch is closest, I can understand why others prefer the second sketch.

He also said, “… We believe this person is currently between the age range of 18 and 40 but might appear younger than his true age. … We know that this is about power to you, and you want to know what we know, and one day you will. The question to you: What will those closest to you think of when they find out that you brutally murdered two little girls, two children.”

JBC is certainly about power and he exercised that power in an unbelievable way over this extremely unfortunate little girl. It will take a long time for her to heal emotionally and her family will be suffering right along with her. May she recover from her injuries and get all the psychological help she will definitely need.

His FB comment on how he likes his women was absolutely disgusting. No words.
so True but Thank God She still has the chance to overcome this and recover

CrimeOnline also says after they got the chain off the door, they found her “locked up at the bottom of the stairs” but who knows if it’s just shoddy reporting.
He may have intimidated her badly enough that he didn’t feel the need to restrain her (or tape her mouth) to stop her from running, screaming, up the stairs if she heard police.
Or maybe some reporters heard other details from LE, the probable cause affidavit isn’t the most descriptive of others I’ve read.
Whatever the truth is, every horrid detail will probably eventually come out in court.

Next door neighbor locks 9-year-old girl in basement, cops interrupt rape & MURDER in progress: Police
YES!!! I knew I had actually read it somewhere else, too!!! That was it! Thank you.

But... do LE, who have full access to the entire recording of BG, who said "guys, down the hill" have far more of an audio sample to compare it to Chadwell's stupid videos?

I'm guessing that YES, they do. And in short order, we'll find out if it's a match, or not connected.

jmo

I'll bet they do to
They usually hold a lot of evidence and facts from the public so when they question a suspect and they inadvertently give up details no one else could know,they know they are on the right track

Sorry, I can't post the screenshots here due to TOS, but if you go to BC's FB page and filter search for his Feb 15 2017 post (hint: muddy dog), you will see some interesting comments if you scroll down. There is a woman posting who provides some info and what I believe is pretty convincing screenshot proof that BC's grinning Demon/Harley Quinn girl tattoo was inked on his arm sometime in early 2016, and is therefore most likely not a connection to the Delphi case at all. YMMV.

so True but Thank God She still has the chance to overcome this and recover

PTSD is difficult to overcome. The victim's trauma is highly significant, what with drinking nutrition through a straw due to a damaged trachea plus the flashbacks to the ghastly thirty minutes of intense fear and anguish all the while thinking she'd die!

This so very young child will need immense amounts of kind things spoken to her and done for her for a very long time in order to ease the dastardly ordeal she's endured. An expert in PTSD once told me that for one harmful thing said or done; requires one hundred good things to replace it.

Even the small things will be big deals that likely could trigger her original trauma and flashbacks will hauntingly reappear. It wouldn't surprise me if she develops an intense fear of dogs, for instance.

I recall Kelsie saying after the murders that she took a mattress into her grandparents' room so she could sleep at night for, what was it, a year?

There are pages and pages here describing gruesome and violent crimes about this evil monster. Let us always remember this happened to a precious, innocent nine year old child who only wanted to pet a puppy.

My original post was deleted (my fault because I didn't read before posting) . First and foremost my heart breaks for this little girl. Thank God the police got there when they did. I am semi local to this and as soon as I heard about Jbc arrest I wondered if there was a connection to out beloved Delphi girls. As much as I hope that bg has been caught I can't help to wonder how has a guy alluded capture all this time and then be so sloppy to kidnapping a neighbor child. Keep the victim at his house etc. I still hope and pray JBC is the one but it is not adding up to me.

In the 22 April presser Doug Carter said, “The sketch isn’t a photograph. A sketch is a sketch and that’s really important for everybody to understand. I believe that the individual, when we catch him, it will be a combination of those two.”

https://i.imgur.com/ULWVNq0_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=grand

DC will certainly remember the above statement.

While some think the first sketch is closest, I can understand why others prefer the second sketch.

He also said, “… We believe this person is currently between the age range of 18 and 40 but might appear younger than his true age. … We know that this is about power to you, and you want to know what we know, and one day you will. The question to you: What will those closest to you think of when they find out that you brutally murdered two little girls, two children.”

JBC is certainly about power and he exercised that power in an unbelievable way over this extremely unfortunate little girl. It will take a long time for her to heal emotionally and her family will be suffering right along with her. May she recover from her injuries and get all the psychological help she will definitely need.

His FB comment on how he likes his women was absolutely disgusting. No words.
Has anyone combined the 2 sketches to make 1? Can this be done?

I don’t know where Chadwell was around October 21/22 of 2020. It’s hard to tell looking through his cases but I’m liking him for this case. He’s had several hit and runs in the past. I don’t know what kind of vehicle he had but it sure sounds like his style...

As News 18 previously reported, officers found the body of 34-year-old Justin Wilson of Lafayette in the early morning of Oct 22. It happened in the 3100 blk of Sagamore Pkwy S. around 8:00 am that morning.
Lafayette police are looking for vehicle in hit-and-run case

"Multiple semis, there's some buses on there, there's some garbage trucks on there and lots of cars and pickups and that sort of thing," he says.

As News 18 previously reported, Indiana State Police recently analyzed paint chips collected from Wilson's clothes. A lab report suggests the vehicle had a custom paint job.

The report also says the paint chips were gold and black but LPD has not released a possible color of the suspect vehicle.

"You know who you are and please, just come forward ... you can't carry this around for the rest of your life, man," Robbins says. "Step up. Step up."
Lafayette family seeking justice in deadly hit-and-run
*which just so happens to be dated April 16, 2021 (three days before...) trigger???

Last edited:
The Affidavit of Probable Cause indicated this little girl had bite marks on her body. I wonder if Abby & Libby had the same. That seems specific.

I regret reading the affidavit (thank you to the poster who put the disclaimer when posting it).

My stomach feels sick thinking about this little girl and the trauma she has to be experiencing.

The officers that recovered her have to be feeling a blow with what they saw. Talk about restraint arresting that vile .

Thankfully she was reported missing fast & the response was quick. IMO

Thank you! Seems you are correct and I made a human err with the assumption.
News article says she was contained in the basement but we we do not know how. I used to have a chain on my basement door so that did not stand out to me but when I heard she was somehow held in the basement I thought of a dog crate. Sounds horrible and I have not wanted to post it for that reason. Since I don't know tho Jmo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member