IN - James Chadwell II, 42, arrested after missing girl 9, found in his home, Lafayette, 19 Apr 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that he does art (his facebook has a picture with a skull and roses that he shows his followers), but some one else has to do his tattoos right? so some tattoo artist is familiar with what he has had done and when? i did see a tattoo shop near his home but since he just moved in (January?), not sure it would be one he might have patronized.

Now that is on the list of essential police interviews. The tattoo artist. What did this guy ask for? How did he describe what he wanted? Even if he provided his own artwork, what conversation took place during the lengthy tattoo sessions?

Now that is on the list of essential police interviews. The tattoo artist. What did this guy ask for? How did he describe what he wanted? Even if he provided his own artwork, what conversation took place during the lengthy tattoo sessions?

Thanks for your great insight, @Mimi in London !

This could turn out to be crucial information for the investigation. It very likely will!

Lots of prison time. A violent one. I'd suspect D&A use/dealing, white supremacy, gang affiliation, possible illicit canine abuse of varying degrees, likely all sort and manner of illegal activity.

If animal abuse precedes, what then might be inferred?

Follow the trails.

I'm gonna leave this right here....

Facebook..

That FB post is a HUGE red flag for me. I have seen very similar phrasing regarding abuse, though I can't remember the exact context (probably just as well). Please pass the brain bleach along.

The one good thing about his erratic and impulsive behaviour is that he doesn’t strike me as the sort to be organised or strategic enough to work hard on wiping devices or similar. I pity the poor LE examining his digital footprint, I reckon it’ll be an absolute horror show.

Fully agree with those who mentioned him probably having numerous different accounts under different names. There’s a good chance he won’t have worked particularly hard to obscure connections either - he doesn’t come across as a particularly careful sort, or a thinker.

What scares me the most about this pathetic creatures is to me he is literally the guy next door Most of you see red flags all over the place I don't To me he is literally the most stereotypical white guy living in lower income America Grew up on Metal and love for dark stuff did some time is in his 40s now but still acts full of teenage angst loves pitbulls to seem tough tries to be sober I don't see gang affiliation or a hardened criminal at all I never understand what type of person could harm a child and he gives us so much insight but the only thing im left with thinking is it could be anyone I know so many just like him who are actually just nice guys dealing with stuff

(I HATE this thread. Just sayin. HATE IT.)

(Eta: No offense to you fine folks, of course. Just talking about kids and dogs...)
I can't seem to find kkds's original post right now but I believe I saw the video it referred to earlier. If I recall correctly, that was just the dog responding to a prompt of something like, "look, a squirrel" or "look, a kitty" - something the dog really wanted to chase. It wasn't like he dropped some kind of "attack" command. The response may seem the same ... but it's not. What I saw in that video was the equivalent of a dog hearing a candy wrapper from across the house and coming running to see who was going to share treats. ...don't get me wrong. I'm sure this guy is a freakin' psychopath. But what I've viewed in my reviews of his FB & TT profiles and what I know of animal behavior ...and just what my gut is telling me ... lead me to think the dog bite she received happened while she was trying to fight this creep off. I think (MOO) his dogs are very protective and jumped into the middle of a fight to "help" him and ended up biting her. I'd love to be able to add on some kind of charge like "ordering an attack on a minor with a deadly attack animal" to his list of charges if we could - but I just don't see it as having gone down that way. It will be interesting (and extremely sad) to hear how that whole abduction took place - if we do eventually hear it.
I *so so* wish we could rewind the hands of time and take this entire event away from this poor girl so she didn't have to experience it!

I can't seem to find kkds's original post right now but I believe I saw the video it referred to earlier. If I recall correctly, that was just the dog responding to a prompt of something like, "look, a squirrel" or "look, a kitty" - something the dog really wanted to chase. It wasn't like he dropped some kind of "attack" command. The response may seem the same ... but it's not. What I saw in that video was the equivalent of a dog hearing a candy wrapper from across the house and coming running to see who was going to share treats. ...don't get me wrong. I'm sure this guy is a freakin' psychopath. But what I've viewed in my reviews of his FB & TT profiles and what I know of animal behavior ...and just what my gut is telling me ... lead me to think the dog bite she received happened while she was trying to fight this creep off. I think (MOO) his dogs are very protective and jumped into the middle of a fight to "help" him and ended up biting her. I'd love to be able to add on some kind of charge like "ordering an attack on a minor with a deadly attack animal" to his list of charges if we could - but I just don't see it as having gone down that way. It will be interesting (and extremely sad) to hear how that whole abduction took place - if we do eventually hear it.
I *so so* wish we could rewind the hands of time and take this entire event away from this poor girl so she didn't have to experience it!
BBM. I think that too.

Anyone else wonder how he came to be a felon with funds to rent or buy a 3 bedroom house in a neighborhood where residents thought they were reasonably safe? He was able to afford Pit-bulls too and they’re not cheap and require responsible owners at best. IMO I think this guy has been bad for a long time and under the radar for the most part. Not anymore! IMO

After reading through his facebook posts I feel like this: First, I was reading a journal of someone who was an alcoholic. The depression, daily struggle to stay sober, deal with life sober. Then a man who became increasingly masogonistic (can't spell it but know the meaning) and then quite literally a look into someone whose mind has evolved into a black psychotic split. I'm not mental health professional by any means, but I could almost read the descent into madness. The constant battle between wanting to be good but the demons inside wouldn't let him be. In March of this year he seemed to be trying so hard to be "good" like his "momma" taught him, with religious references throughout, but the struggle was so obvious to me. Add alcohol to that madness. Thank God that little girl is alive, and I hope they keep him locked up for now and a very long time. moo

Anyone know whether this guy is on suicide watch?
If indeed he has been in a battle with himself, between goodness and the demons, that is if his "good" persona is not simply a mask, he would be a prime candidate for offing himself.

I hope you’re right and he didn’t abuse his dogs. The dog bite could have very well come during the struggle, as you described. As I said, I just find it hard to believe someone who beats a little girl up and rapes her would treat a dog well in general, and I hope you’re right.

I think it’s possible the dog bit her without a possible direct command from him, but I also think it’s possible he used his dog to intimidate and scare her, or attack her, we will see.

I used to have a dog and I would say to her, “Where’s the cat?” And she’d jump up and look and bark, etc.

I hope you’re right and he didn’t abuse his dogs. The dog bite could have very well come during the struggle. As I said, I just find it hard to believe someone who beats a little girl up and rapes her would treat a dog well, but hope you’re right.

I think it’s possible the dog bit her without a possible direct command from him, but I also think it’s possible he used his dog to intimidate and scare her, or attack her, we will see.

I used to have a dog and I would say to her, “Where’s the cat?” And she’d jump up and look and bark, etc.
Oh I by no means meant to imply that I was thinking he couldn't have ever abused his dogs. There are many ways to do that. There are also many ways to train a dog to attack/defend/guard/kill/(pick ur favorite command) and for the animal to be very good at that task. Regardless of his treatment of the animal though, that dog will likely be the type that is very protective of his owner - especially if the dog is quite bonded to the owner (which I believe his were). The dog could possibly be trained to attack or defend on command. But what I saw in the video shared earlier wasn't any representation of a dog receiving any kind of "attack" command. That's really all I was trying to say ...but also (again, MOO) the whole scenario I'm picturing in my head just doesn't feel like one where this creep needed to rely on his dog attacking a girl for him this to play out.

Oh I by no means meant to imply that I was thinking he couldn't have ever abused his dogs. There are many ways to do that. There are also many ways to train a dog to attack/defend/guard/kill/(pick ur favorite command) and for the animal to be very good at that task. Regardless of his treatment of the animal though, that dog will likely be the type that is very protective of his owner - especially if the dog is quite bonded to the owner (which I believe his were). The dog could possibly be trained to attack or defend on command. But what I saw in the video shared earlier wasn't any representation of a dog receiving any kind of "attack" command. That's really all I was trying to say ...but also (again, MOO) the whole scenario I'm picturing in my head just doesn't feel like one where this creep needed to rely on his dog attacking a girl for him this to play out.

I hear ya. :)

His strong record of violence, and severity of the violence of this attack are just so troublesome, I feel like there is nothing we can put past him, especially when innocent creatures are involved, that lived with him and were in his care. He has poor impulse control, it seems, which could lend itself to hard swats, abuse, etc. My gut just tells me he’s not always good to them- as for the attack at hand, the dogbite may have certainly been a byproduct, or was the dog a direct vestibule in this specific attack and abuse...If he is a sadist, etc., he may take pleasure from such things, seeing fear, violence, blood.

The Nazis used their dogs to attack, bite, abuse. It’s been done before.

Last edited:
He says he started working at Moon Fabrications in Kokomo, IN in mid-December 2016.

Going back through his posts now to see when he starts talking about the Subaru job.
If you go to the website of the most recent employer listed under Work on his FB page, Steinberger Construction, under the Projects heading and then under the Manufacturing/Warehouse heading, there are projects at Subaru facilities. And also at Haynes International, another project the suspect mentioned (where he did work to repair tornado damage).

After reading through his facebook posts I feel like this: First, I was reading a journal of someone who was an alcoholic. The depression, daily struggle to stay sober, deal with life sober. Then a man who became increasingly masogonistic (can't spell it but know the meaning) and then quite literally a look into someone whose mind has evolved into a black psychotic split. I'm not mental health professional by any means, but I could almost read the descent into madness. The constant battle between wanting to be good but the demons inside wouldn't let him be. In March of this year he seemed to be trying so hard to be "good" like his "momma" taught him, with religious references throughout, but the struggle was so obvious to me. Add alcohol to that madness. Thank God that little girl is alive, and I hope they keep him locked up for now and a very long time. moo
Sounds like a psychopath to me. kwim?

MOO he woke the dog to get into hunt mode about a cat.

Sounds like a psychopath to me. kwim?
Yep..I wasn't defending him any means, I just thought, if I could read his facebook posts and think he was completely falling into madness, why couldn't his loved ones see it?.. "you're doing great..hang in there, women are *advertiser censored*; my point being, maybe when a loved one who has a history of violence, addiction, etc. don't encourage it..NOT attacking you by any means, and I'm sorry if I come across that way..just thinkin..we all see that now, why didn't they who knew him best..could maybe have been prevented. moo and respectably responding to you..just a tragedy I'm trying to understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avah