IN IN - Janna Rivera, 3 mos, Indianapolis, 29 May 2015 *J. Fairbanks guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I honestly don't believe this is a case of SIDS or smothering. Co-sleeping is relatively safe. It's something many parents practice. Babies can and do die in their cribs.

No-one who wakes to find their baby dead would dump the body. You only don't phone 999 if you have something to hide. I hope this baby is found soon so that the mother and other siblings can have closure.

Co-sleeping isn't safe. Just like playing Russian Roulette, sooner or later you'll lose.

Co-sleeping isn't safe. Just like playing Russian Roulette, sooner or later you'll lose.

I've co-slept with all my kids, and know plenty of parents who have too. If you haven't been smoking or drinking and don't use a quilt then it's safe. My mother is a midwife and she's never had a fatality whilst looking after infants, while she had a baby stop breathing in its Moses basket in front of her that she has to resuscitate waiting for an ambulance.

I've co-slept with all my kids, and know plenty of parents who have too. If you haven't been smoking or drinking and don't use a quilt then it's safe. My mother is a midwife and she's never had a fatality whilst looking after infants, while she had a baby stop breathing in its Moses basket in front of her that she has to resuscitate waiting for an ambulance.

You can, and will do whatever you want. I wouldn't risk it. If you're overtired it's as bad as drinking or smoking stuff. I'll be safe, not sorry.

You can, and will do whatever you want. I wouldn't risk it. If you're overtired it's as bad as drinking or smoking stuff. I'll be safe, not sorry.

I agree!
All it takes is one time and the result is death it cant be undone sooooo. don't so it.

I agree!
All it takes is one time and the result is death it cant be undone sooooo. don't so it.

It's a risk that I also would never take, but I can remember times when I was so tired that I didn't hear baby cry, nor remember my husband bringing the infant to me for nursing.

I might have thought about using an infant sidecar bed that attaches to the side of the parent's bed. It gives the infant some protected sleeping room.

However, that's just an aside to this sad situation with Janna. She certainly didn't die while sleeping with her mother.

Co-sleeping or not, I find it hard to believe this was SIDS nor an accident. Why was 911 not called and why was Janna's little body disposed of? I agree if there was nothing to hide, an emergency call to 911 would have been made.

Call to police was made the next morning.

BBM

"The search began when IMPD received a call from Janna Rivera’s mother early Friday morning. She told them that her daughter was missing and could be dead."

IIRC there were two early morning calls, one saying the baby was dead and then one saying she was missing? There were some problems understanding because of the language barrier.

http://wishtv.com/2015/05/29/police-search-for-missing-baby-girl-on-ne-side-of-indy/

"The baby’s father continues to be the only person of interest in the case. *FOX59 spoke with him Monday afternoon as he exited his house. He said baby Janna died Thursday from SIDS. Police said they cannot determine an official cause of death without the baby’s body."

Father says baby died Thursday, yet emergency call was made Friday morning by mother.

http://fox59.com/2015/06/01/police-search-undisclosed-location-in-missing-baby-case/

Sigh. No real updates though I came across an article saying that today a crew of firefighters chose to search the pond behind Janna's house as a training exercise.

Police officials said the search was part of a three-day training program for firefighters, but the pond was chosen to rule out any possibilities of baby Janna in the pond.

http://wishtv.com/2015/06/23/crews-training-in-pond-near-baby-jannas-house/

Still waiting for the forensics result on the blanket...

If it's sids or smothering then there won't be blood on a blanket. He knows where he put the baby was disposed of. He's waiting til the body is decomposed enough to get rid of evidence.

I hate typing this but if she went thru the garbage truck there probably is blood on the blanket regardless of how she died.

I take it nothing was found so far, in the three day search of the pond in the firemen's training exercise. Wonder how much longer it'll take on the forensics on the blankets and if that'll even be released? I still wonder too, what was in the paper bag the neighbor saw carried out that night.

Little Janna was on the third page, so...bump.

I looked online to see if I could find any updates. Nothing new.

bump for this tiny baby, why hasnt her "dad" been charged w unlawful disposal of a corpse at least?

i hope they get DNA back from that blanket soon.

Thanks cvaldez for the bump. I actually had searched online this morning for an update on little Janna. It seems like they should have the tests back on the blanket. I thought we would have read of more charges by now.

Bumping. Hate to see this baby drop down to the second page. Where are you Janna?

http://fox59.com/2015/07/22/father-...oesnt-think-his-daughters-body-will-be-found/
Father of missing baby Janna Rivera talks to FOX59, doesn’t think his daughter’s body will be found

--snips--

--“Putting Janna in a trash receptacle, you hear it on the news all the time. I remember thinking to myself, ‘what kind of a person does that?’ But, those are different situations. Those are people trying to get rid of their babies. I wasn`t trying to get rid of my baby. My baby was already gone,” said Fairbanks.
Investigators with the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department (IMPD) have told FOX59 Fairbanks is the only person of interest in this case.

--Fairbanks tells FOX59 he woke up around 1:30 p.m. on May 28 and noticed Janna not breathing next to him in bed. Fairbanks is adamant that he did not roll over on her.

--Fairbanks told FOX59 he drove around Indianapolis for eight hours with Janna’s body in the car. He also says he started drinking and became increasingly suspicious of everyone.

--Fairbanks is now asking for the public’s help to find his daughter because he doesn’t believe her body ended up in the landfill connected to the dumpster he says he put her in.

--more@link.

http://fox59.com/2015/07/22/father-...oesnt-think-his-daughters-body-will-be-found/
Father of missing baby Janna Rivera talks to FOX59, doesn’t think his daughter’s body will be found

--snips--

--“Putting Janna in a trash receptacle, you hear it on the news all the time. I remember thinking to myself, ‘what kind of a person does that?’ But, those are different situations. Those are people trying to get rid of their babies. I wasn`t trying to get rid of my baby. My baby was already gone,” said Fairbanks.
Investigators with the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department (IMPD) have told FOX59 Fairbanks is the only person of interest in this case.

--Fairbanks tells FOX59 he woke up around 1:30 p.m. on May 28 and noticed Janna not breathing next to him in bed. Fairbanks is adamant that he did not roll over on her.

--Fairbanks told FOX59 he drove around Indianapolis for eight hours with Janna’s body in the car. He also says he started drinking and became increasingly suspicious of everyone.

--Fairbanks is now asking for the public’s help to find his daughter because he doesn’t believe her body ended up in the landfill connected to the dumpster he says he put her in.

--more@link.

:furious: Of all the nerve!

From your link:

Fairbanks believes IMPD has done their due diligence in trying to find Janna.

“I think they have done an overwhelmingly good job. I think in some strange way they have honored Janna because they have tried so hard,” said Fairbanks.

Fairbanks is now asking for the public’s help to find his daughter because he doesn’t believe her body ended up in the landfill connected to the dumpster he says he put her in.

So... he's commending LE for not finding his daughter and also inserting himself into the investigation. Yep, uh huh, right. Got it. Lock him up and throw away the key. Accident my *advertiser censored**.

to me it sounds like he lied aobut where he put her. he doesnt want her found. did they ever get any testing on the blanket? this case pisses me off. the very least he illegally disposed of a corpse. who does that to their own tiny baby? and this has been all but forgotten. well i didnt forget it :banghead:

to me it sounds like he lied aobut where he put her. he doesnt want her found. did they ever get any testing on the blanket? this case pisses me off. the very least he illegally disposed of a corpse. who does that to their own tiny baby? and this has been all but forgotten. well i didnt forget it :banghead:

Mom was at work!
He was home with the baby and two daughters.
He left anf drove around for 8 hrs?
Where did he leave the other 2 girls?

He didnt leave her in that dumpster...

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members