Found Deceased IN - Jessica Flores, 36, car found on fire, Gary, 24 Feb 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lake County Sheriff’s Police responded to a call April 9 from a City of Gary employee who found a human skull. They followed up with search and rescue K-9s April 10 and found more of the remains, which completed the search, a spokesperson with the Sheriff’s Department said at the time.

Flores’s mother, Adela Perez, of Joliet, Illinois, said Monday evening that she and her family “are in mourning” and that she would talk about Flores at a later date.

Remains of South Chicago Heights woman shot to death in February 2019 found in Gary

Crime (drugs/gangs) is rampant in Gary and other areas of NW Indiana. When I used to commute from Indianapolis to Chicago prior to my wedding and moving I would cut West when south of the area, travel west a number of miles, then cut North to bypass any of the roads traveling through there if I was out after dark. This article talks about it and I believe the 7 murders referenced at the bottom may be the same ones referenced above. A deadly year in Gary: City homicide rate spikes

Missing Ill. Mom's Body Found in Woods More than a Year After She Went Missing, Boyfriend Charged

“We want to thank everyone who came out to help search for my sister Jessica and have kept her in prayers,” Perez said. “We will not stop until we get justice for my sister. Her children and my mother deserve this. My sister is now free.”

Last year, Flores’ boyfriend’s car was found abandoned in Chicago Heights, outside of Chicago, after being set on fire. After the fire was extinguished, police found evidence of a “large amount” of blood in the backseat, along with some of Flores’ personal effects.

PEOPLE confirms the boyfriend, Drew “Tiny” Carter III, has been charged with murder in Flores’ death.

The 42-year-old Gary man is being held without bond. It was unclear if he has appeared before a judge to plead to the charge against him, and information on whether he has an attorney was unavailable Friday.

Carter was initially arrested more than a year ago in connection with Flores’ disappearance, after a witness came forward, alleging Carter shot Flores with a revolver after she told him he could not have sex with the unnamed witness.

Citing police sources, the Times reports investigators believe Flores’ killing is one of six homicides that are all connected in some way.

JUSTICE4JESSICA
More @link
10cc TOS/WS

A must read
Did Jessica Flores’s boyfriend kill her and 6 other people? Indiana cops are investigating
The boyfriend of an Illinois mother of six whose skeletal remains were found last week has been charged with her murder, PEOPLE magazine reported.
As CrimeOnline previously reported, a Gary city worker found a skull in a wooded area on April 9, and dental records were used to identify the remains this week as Jessica Flores, 36, who was last seen in late February 2019. A search of the area turned up other remains, police said.

Carter, 42, reported Flores missing in late February last year. On the same day, authorities found his vehicle on fire in Chicago. The Times of Northwest Indiana reported that police discovered a copious amount of blood in the back seat along with Flores’s belongings.

Citing court records, the Times reported that a potential key witness in this case, George Heath, was found shot to death in his home in Gary in March 2019.

Gary police Cmdr Jack Hamady told The Times that the skull appeared to have been damaged by a single gunshot.

JUSTICE4JESSICA
10cc WS/TOS

Suspect is now out on bail because the case is taking longer than 180 days to go to trial, as prescribed by law in Indiana. Charges had been dropped, then refiled. Star witness found murdered.
I don't know if we're allowed to post links to another site but this TikTok video has way more info than I could find anywhere else on line.

Today (behind paywall)
ETA: Trib

Last edited:
Drew Carter III is accused of fatally shooting 36-year-old Jessica Flores, a mother of six who went missing in February 2019. Her remains were later found in a wooded area in Gary.

Carter's conviction comes after a judge granted a motion to dismiss the murder case against him in September 2019. He remained in custody on a separate firearms charge stemming from his arrest, and prosecutors refiled murder charges in October 2022.

But Carter was released on bond in 2023 because, under Indiana law, if a case isn't brought to trial within 180 days, the defendant has a right to be released while they wait.

Now, he faces up to life in prison after being found guilty of murder, kidnapping while armed with a deadly weapon, criminal confinement while armed with a deadly weapon and criminal confinement with bodily injury.

Carter's sentencing is set for July 17 in Lake County, Indiana.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back