IN IN - Kevin Nguyen, 25, Fort Wayne, 8 Dec 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why does there always have to be a da*n river nearby?

Ikr! That’s exactly what I thought, too!
Before I was literally blind, I struggled to make out a lot of things without my glasses. It would be super easy to fall on just about anything. It even makes depth perception off a bit. Any of y’all glasses wearers know what I’m talking about. Should he have wondered near the water without his glasses, that would be a possible place to find him. I hope this family finds him and answers soon. moo

Just to add to my doorman theory, i just had a look on the fathers facebook and he seems to believe his son was in the back of the pub being "roughed up". He also claims the pub took a week to supply videos to police and that it was only partial videos. Kevins phone last ping was at the pub. I think with the glasses being found twelve days later in the parking lot, Kevin has met some sort of foul play at the bar. Also a "mutual friend" claims Kevin was in a fight with a bouncer.

@Chirry1987, that is how I found myself on Websleuths.

I came to view a case and I've stayed for 5 years because of the people here - greatly compassionate with a common view towards the search for justice for the victims. It's a comfortable and respectful site where everyone is welcome.

This is so sad about this young man. Seemed like Kevin found himself in a "perfect storm" that evening and something awful happened.

My heart goes out to his family.

Is there anyone on this thread a local of Fort Wayne?

Seen a family member speaking of the man Michael Wilcher who died last year from a beating the night he was last seen at this same bar, she claims it is common knowledge in the area that his killer was his own cousin, do we have a name??

Back to Kevin case, I have dug around and found that one of the owners Corey lives across the park from the pub and Arbys, they all basically face each other, his house looks on to the parking lot where Kevin glasses were found. Has this place been searched?

Also, does anyone know where the burger van usually parked? was it out front or in the parking lot behind?

Thanks

Last word on Kevin was the 6th. I am very sad at the lack of coverage and hope race isn't the problem (Ft. Wayne isn't the most liberal of places). I still think his family need a local victim advocate to help get a social media campaign in place. If he went into the river I feel like he would have been recovered by now, but then again, is anyone looking? Man still missing a month later, family searching every day

Why does there always have to be a da*n river nearby?

IMO, bars and other drinking venues near rivers or other bodies of water are targeted for victims by whatever sinister thing that's been occurring all over North America, UK and other places since the '90's. Water is a good way to degrade DNA evidence on a body. MOO.

How can anyone come forward with info if the video isn't in the news and they aren't asking those who were there that night? It takes 2 seconds to pull up even a partial list on the internet.

It has often been the case that these type of disappearances of young men leaving bars are very poorly handled by LE. It's almost always shrugged off as "no evidence of foul play." I wonder if LE really believe the men are going to just return home on their own in a week or two. How common can that be??? MOO.

Last edited:
Here's a guy who was beaten to death inside the antique shop that is directly next to the bar that Kevin was last seen at. His name was Robert Shimer. He worked at the antique shop and was beaten in broad daylight. In the FB group we discussed that there are also two or 3 other people that were found beaten to death after disappearing from the brass rail.Autopsy: Fort Wayne store worker fatally beaten... - WOWO 1190 AM | 107.5 FM

The last guy who was last seen at the Brass Rail was found beaten to death last November. He also had an "altercation" at the bar. No charges were ever filed that I heard of. And his body wasn't found at the bar.

That incident involved a guy from New Haven who was in his early 50's. Left the Rail, ended up in a vehicle at some point, later found bleeding and dying on a city street on the east side of Fort Wayne. Died at the hospital. No info since shortly after the incident.

I first hung out at the Rail when I was out here on business late 2010 and into 2011. It's in an old industrial part of downtown, and since then a section of the area has been cleaned up where the baseball stadium is located. It's kinda "gritty" around there, best way I know how to describe it, but you get to W. Jefferson and it's like a different world in a way, such a contrast.

The Rail was owned by a nice old woman back then, really cool happy hour crowd of older regulars, folks who grew up in the neighborhood but who had left some years ago, that type of vibe. The place would change over around 7 or so, younger hip crowd, and just like now they would have live music on some nights. I never had a problem there, back then while on contract here, then ended up moving here 4 years later in late 2015.

The elderly owner of the bar died, and a few young guys bought it, so the story goes. I went in there on an afternoon shortly after moving back to Fort Wayne, and it was totally different, inside, at least the general vibe of the place. It's not my style, really, more of a hipster joint, with a roughness to it some nights, from what I've heard. The restroom area in the back corner is very dark, even during the daytime as there are no windows or lights back there, and the walls are painted black. I went there on an afternoon and drank one beer and left, just didn;t feel welcome, which is rare for me, i like my urban, gritty, old school bars.

If Kevin left and came back, he may very well have gone to Dan's Broadway Grill, which is a few blocks south from the Rail. I know a gal who bartends there, the place has had some trouble in recent years, but most nights it's pretty sane, just lively and an eclectic mix of urban locals. I've never had a problem there, but it's well-lit and people generally look after each other.

Bars here in Fort Wayne generally will not put up with trouble, and they don't want LE coming around. That said, I stay away from the Rail, just not my speed and I think they tend tp put up with some nonsense that other bars here would never put up with.

This Kevin Nguyen deal intrigues me, I drive through that area every day going back and forth to work, and wonder all the time what on earth happened to the poor guy.

My suspicion is Kevin walked north of the Arby's, along and/or through the surface parking lots between there and Main St. That time of morning would have been kinda desolate in spots in that part of downtown, but gosh someone would have seen him on foot in the more well-lit areas around Main and north of there, I'd imagine, if he kept to the sidewalks.

There's a major barrier before you even get to the St. Mary's River, the Norfolk-Southern main line through town. Kevin would have had very few choices walking through that area, that is places to cross over or under the tracks, and on to the 3 or 4 bridges he would have had choose from to cross the St. Mary's River in that part of town.

Which makes me wonder if he got picked up just north of Arby's.

If he didn't get picked up, something could have happened between, say, Main St. and the river. It's a dense mix of commercial, residential, schools, etc.

JMO

This case has gone cold. It seems that many have been fixated on the bar he was drinking at on the night of his disappearance. The “theories” around the bar seem far fetched to me. Even the mafia could not pull off such a perfect crime and have a person disappear into thin air without any evidence. I believe the truth is more tragic than sinister.

This case has gone cold. It seems that many have been fixated on the bar he was drinking at on the night of his disappearance. The “theories” around the bar seem far fetched to me. Even the mafia could not pull off such a perfect crime and have a person disappear into thin air without any evidence. I believe the truth is more tragic than sinister.

I wouldn't say it has gone cold - it hasn't even passed the 90 day mark. Unfortunately it is likely local LE are simply not prioritizing the case, lack funding for river searches, are waiting for the waters to recede/warm or - if they suspect foul play - may need to spend a lot of time chasing leads that won't be as visible to the public and kept from the family. Kevin's family has to mobilize on social media and continue to engage the media to keep the pressure on.

I live in Fort Wayne, Kevin is not the only missing male recently Jabari B. Mbwelera 26 went missing on Jan 16, 2019 and has yet to turn up anywhere. He was also waiting on someone to pick him up at a gas station on Spy Run and went silent. The areas are fairly close in proximity.

I will be watching both of these crimes. I feel like they are somehow related.

Just posting this, John Lordan (Brainscratch Searchlight) does try to cover these cases where ethnic, class, gender factors seem to result in a lot less media coverage and perhaps to be honest, less effort from LE.

If you can subscribe to his channel (it's free!)please do, his heart is really in the right place, he gets the info across in an easy way and the more subscribers he gets the more coverage these lesser known cases will get. John also frequently donates to the funding victims' families need to search for their loved ones and has done some great interviews with family members. He has covered a lot of cases now and you can gain knowledge of a wide range of types of cases.
Hoping Kevin's family and friends get some answers very soon.

I wouldn't say it has gone cold - it hasn't even passed the 90 day mark. Unfortunately it is likely local LE are simply not prioritizing the case, lack funding for river searches, are waiting for the waters to recede/warm or - if they suspect foul play - may need to spend a lot of time chasing leads that won't be as visible to the public and kept from the family. Kevin's family has to mobilize on social media and continue to engage the media to keep the pressure on.
LE attention sure would help. It is interesting how the Jussie Smollett hoax was discovered after LE found outside camera footage. Considering Kevin was last seen moving away from the bar at 2:45am where are all the other security cameras in Fort Wayne? Unfortunately the family is convinced the answer is at the bar and have stopped considering any other alternatives. This is a big mistake and LE could play a role in securing footage from other cameras that have overlapping fields of view so they can piece this together.

The Brass Rail has been questionable but I am not convinced the bar is the result. However, just from previous experiences I have had with things like this, I know usually family knows more than the rest of the public.

James Hardy, 31, 6/2017, Found Drown/River, Ruled suicide
Deonte Cooper, 28, 5/25/17 - Found Drown/ Park Pond

Missing Unknown:
Kevin Nyguen Missing, December 2018
Jabari B. Mbwelera Missing, Jan 16, 2019

All of these last locations known were within about a 3-4 mile radius of each other.

James was ruled a suicide but it sounded also like he was legitimately on the run from someone and was in the process of leaving down. He was missing for a couple weeks. Abandoned car was found on the road along the river where he was found.

The amount of young men going missing in Fort Wayne is just... strange to me. Two found drown. I am interested to see if or how these other two cases pan out. I have yet to find any news regarding women gone missing and/or found drown.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nc1995
Back