IN IN - Kevin Nguyen, 25, Fort Wayne, 8 Dec 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
LE attention sure would help. It is interesting how the Jussie Smollett hoax was discovered after LE found outside camera footage. Considering Kevin was last seen moving away from the bar at 2:45am where are all the other security cameras in Fort Wayne?.

I believe there was footage from Arby's released. The area he was in... I'm not sure if there would be a lot of cameras... Depends on what way he was traveling. A lot of the buisnesses in that area are pretty run down and far between.

Yuw9HYo.png

I believe there was footage from Arby's released. The area he was in... I'm not sure if there would be a lot of cameras... Depends on what way he was traveling. A lot of the buisnesses in that area are pretty run down and far between.

Yuw9HYo.png
He was traveling towards the river on the footage at Arby’s around 2:45am. If there were any cameras in downtown FW you could find out if there were any vehicles or other foot traffic in the area. I really wonder more could be done to find more video evidence from downtown cameras.

He was traveling towards the river on the footage at Arby’s around 2:45am. If there were any cameras in downtown FW you could find out if there were any vehicles or other foot traffic in the area. I really wonder more could be done to find more video evidence from downtown cameras.

Actually, I watched the podcast posted earlier in this thread and it's pretty well done. It actually kind of gave me chills because it was eerily similar to the Smileyface Killer Series I have been watching on Oxygen that has been going on in the Midwest. With all these other missing persons cases going on it's got my mind turning.

It appears that he went north and turned east on Jefferson and then north again on Fulton his home was on Washington... he would have turned right (east) I believe off Fulton onto Washington. Really there are not a lot of businesses along the way that he traveled. Where he went from Arby's is the mystery. He appeared to be very disoriented on the camera footage. A lot of the way he went is housing and vacant properties. Arby's would have been about the only place that would have had cameras probably unless a home in that direction had a Ring or Nest system or something like that but for that area...that would be a long shot.

Last edited:
Actually, I watched the podcast posted earlier in this thread and it's pretty well done. It actually kind of gave me chills because it was eerily similar to the Smileyface Killer Series I have been watching on Oxygen that has been going on in the Midwest. With all these other missing persons cases going on it's got my mind turning.

It appears that he went north and turned east on Jefferson and then north again on Fulton his home was on Washington... he would have turned right (east) I believe off Fulton onto Washington. Really there are not a lot of businesses along the way that he traveled. Where he went from Arby's is the mystery. He appeared to be very disoriented on the camera footage. A lot of the way he went is housing and vacant properties. Arby's would have been about the only place that would have had cameras probably unless a home in that direction had a Ring or Nest system or something like that but for that area...that would be a long shot.
The Arby’s video shows him clearly inebriated and stumbling. Can’t make out any injuries but seems like he lost his eyeglasses when he was getting tossed at the bar. Drunk, on drugs, visually impaired and heading towards water at 2:45am is not a good combination of factors.
This case would be helped if there were other videos placing him after Arby’s. Another well known case - the Skripal poisioning in the UK - was essentially solved using video camera evidence to track the movement of Russian agents. Check out the work of Bellingcat, they do a great job.

Interesting that you mention the Oxygen Series on the Smiley Face Killers. I, too, see similarities with Kevin's case and the recent disappearance of Achim Bailey. Since the Oxygen series started airing, there's been some recent activity on the Websleuths thread for "Deaths of Male College Students," which was started years ago. Those of you familiar with the cluster of similar cases in Fort Wayne might be interested in reading / posting there. Not all of the men in these "River" cases were actually in college, and the men in some of the more recent cases, such as Kevin and Achim, are not Caucasian. IMO, the victim profile is expanding a bit, but the circumstances around their disappearances are remaining very similar. Interestingly, I'm not seeing cases that fit these circumstances expand to include women, in spite of how many women go missing and are murdered. MOO.

Deaths of Male College Students-General Discussion #6

Like others here, I've wondered if Nguyen was indeed murdered, and if so, if it can tied in with other cases.

Could be that someone or a couple of people are targeting places where they know young, vulnerable men will be walking alone at night. Vulnerable because they're intoxicated and/or high.

Here's a guy who was beaten to death inside the antique shop that is directly next to the bar that Kevin was last seen at. His name was Robert Shimer. He worked at the antique shop and was beaten in broad daylight. In the FB group we discussed that there are also two or 3 other people that were found beaten to death after disappearing from the brass rail.Autopsy: Fort Wayne store worker fatally beaten... - WOWO 1190 AM | 107.5 FM
What has this got to do with this case?

I live in Fort Wayne, Kevin is not the only missing male recently Jabari B. Mbwelera 26 went missing on Jan 16, 2019 and has yet to turn up anywhere. He was also waiting on someone to pick him up at a gas station on Spy Run and went silent. The areas are fairly close in proximity.

I will be watching both of these crimes. I feel like they are somehow related.

This is the first I've heard of that case. What time of day did this happen?

The Brass Rail has been questionable but I am not convinced the bar is the result. However, just from previous experiences I have had with things like this, I know usually family knows more than the rest of the public.

James Hardy, 31, 6/2017, Found Drown/River, Ruled suicide
Deonte Cooper, 28, 5/25/17 - Found Drown/ Park Pond

Missing Unknown:
Kevin Nyguen Missing, December 2018
Jabari B. Mbwelera Missing, Jan 16, 2019

All of these last locations known were within about a 3-4 mile radius of each other.

James was ruled a suicide but it sounded also like he was legitimately on the run from someone and was in the process of leaving down. He was missing for a couple weeks. Abandoned car was found on the road along the river where he was found.

The amount of young men going missing in Fort Wayne is just... strange to me. Two found drown. I am interested to see if or how these other two cases pan out. I have yet to find any news regarding women gone missing and/or found drown.

There's a door at the back corner by the restrooms, very dark in that part of the business, especially at night. My hunch is they threw him out there, which makes sense, it's dark right behind the place where they found his glasses. He must have headed up the side street which T's out by Arby's.

Scary to think he may have been grabbed from just north of there. In that area it's desolate late at night, lots of dark parking lots by the hospital.

JMO

I just Street View'ed the possible route Kevin took that night. If he made it across the river, it's likely he would have walked past that Lassus where that other guy was last seen! I stopped by that very store one day while on and afternoon walk to check out the river trail near there, Lawton Park, and the water plant.

Like others here, I've wondered if Nguyen was indeed murdered, and if so, if it can tied in with other cases.

Could be that someone or a couple of people are targeting places where they know young, vulnerable men will be walking alone at night. Vulnerable because they're intoxicated and/or high.

or could it be that these men are propositioned in these bars, for drugs or sex, told to leave their jackets inside, it'll only take a second, meet me in the "woods" or other scarcely inhabited area near said bar? i know this is highly conspiratorial, but what would make a man walk out of a bar without his jacket, leaving all of his friends behind, telling no one they arrived with, which has happened in so many of these cases? does the person propositioning these men drug them during said proposition with ketamine or ambien or rohypnol, therefore making them appear disoriented via cctv and/or speak to loved ones and seem confused and/or get kicked out of establishments due to being "too wasted," also all common factors in these cases? perhaps these men are vulnerable to these particular perpetrators BECAUSE they are in bars drinking, cutting loose, having fun, less inhibited? it would mean there is a highly coordinated group of serial killers, worldwide, and i'm not quite on board with that, but how can we deny all these creepy common factors that keep popping up over and over and over?

or could it be that these men are propositioned in these bars, for drugs or sex, told to leave their jackets inside, it'll only take a second, meet me in the "woods" or other scarcely inhabited area near said bar? i know this is highly conspiratorial, but what would make a man walk out of a bar without his jacket, leaving all of his friends behind, telling no one they arrived with, which has happened in so many of these cases? does the person propositioning these men drug them during said proposition with ketamine or ambien or rohypnol, therefore making them appear disoriented via cctv and/or speak to loved ones and seem confused and/or get kicked out of establishments due to being "too wasted," also all common factors in these cases? perhaps these men are vulnerable to these particular perpetrators BECAUSE they are in bars drinking, cutting loose, having fun, less inhibited? it would mean there is a highly coordinated group of serial killers, worldwide, and i'm not quite on board with that, but how can we deny all these creepy common factors that keep popping up over and over and over?
Problem with that theory is he was out alone, no friends and was kicked out of the bar multiple times - I have read about four times. There are stories that he was acting out, harassing/touching girls and generally being a handful. Sounds a lot like he was on drugs as well as drinking. I highly doubt someone drugged him to capture him if he was repeatedly trying to get back into the bar. They would have had plenty of opportunity to do so and wouldn’t have been so patient to lay in wait so they could pounce. I also have issue with the theory that the doorman killed him because he was so annoying or saw “something”. People don’t kill if someone annoys them or witnesses them doing drugs. I still can’t believe there are no other cameras that picked him up after Arby’s.

Problem with that theory is he was out alone, no friends and was kicked out of the bar multiple times - I have read about four times. There are stories that he was acting out, harassing/touching girls and generally being a handful. Sounds a lot like he was on drugs as well as drinking. I highly doubt someone drugged him to capture him if he was repeatedly trying to get back into the bar. They would have had plenty of opportunity to do so and wouldn’t have been so patient to lay in wait so they could pounce. I also have issue with the theory that the doorman killed him because he was so annoying or saw “something”. People don’t kill if someone annoys them or witnesses them doing drugs. I still can’t believe there are no other cameras that picked him up after Arby’s.

What I had read said he had entered the bar 4 times. Where was it reported that he was harassing girls? So many people attribute things to people "being on drugs". Have these people ever done drugs?

What I had read said he had entered the bar 4 times. Where was it reported that he was harassing girls? So many people attribute things to people "being on drugs". Have these people ever done drugs?
I believe it was on Facebook and witnesses said he was acting strange and grabbing women. As someone who worked in a bar I can assure you that there are people who take drugs to keep partying late. Hassling girls is a sure way to get booted. Coming back in the bar 4 times indicates to me that they need better doormen or they were NOT being overly aggressive tossing him. When I threw people out, they stayed out. The worst bar fights are between aggressive drunks, someone acting a fool is usually just tossed, people want them gone.

Not sure if these are related. There was a story awhile back that an arrest warrant was issued for Jabari due to an assault that had happened around that same time.

When the story broke of the warrant (which was quite some time after the missing persons information all over the news), I had gone online to see what I could find regarding Jabari and it did not appear that anyone was really looking for him the way you would normally see people searching for missing people. No public posts being shared at all searching for him. I had assumed maybe he was on the run and as a result and that was why no one appeared to be looking for posting missing posters...although he did turn up dead. Hard to say...

Missing man has warrant out for his arrest

CORONER: Human remains found in NE Allen County

Speculation in the community has run rampant suggesting that the remains are from missing man Kevin Nguyen, who disappeared from Fort Wayne last December. Investigators at the coroner’s office say Nguyen is one of many missing persons cases they are aware of, and positive identification of the remains will only come after they have been forensically examined.

[...]

The Allen County Coroner’s Office told Fort Wayne’s NBC that someone discovered what officials believe to be human remains in the 1900 block of Doehrman Road in Woodburn. They were found about 150 feet off of Doehrman Road in a wooded area.

[...]

CORONER: Human remains found in NE Allen County

1900 block of Doberman Road, Woodburn, IN is about 19 miles away from the Brass Rail bar and Arby's. -- MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nc1995
Back