IN - Kimberly Camm, 35, & 2 children murdered, Georgetown, 28 Sept 2000 *2 earlier trials OVERTURNED

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The case is now with the Jury

http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?S=4564779&nav=menu31_3
(BOONVILLE, Ind.) -- After hearing from more than 70 witnesses during six weeks of testimony, the jury is now deliberating the fate of David Camm, the former Indiana State trooper on trial second time for killing his wife Kim, and their two children, Brad and Jill in September of 2000. WAVE 3's James Zambroski reports.

The deliberation is finally over, the news coverage is still going on, but the verdict has been released, and David Camm has been found GUILTY for the second time! His attorney Katherine Leill (sp?) has announced during her interview that she has the appeal ready on David's behalf. She will be submitting 4 points for her appeal.
1: Jill's supposed molestation being admissable.
2: Boney's confession NOT being permissable.
3: Boney's fetishes not being permissable.
4: Women being wrongly excused for the jury selection.

I think the last point Camm's attorney made about women being wrongly excused from jury selection was quite odd, considering she said previously that she was pleased with the jury and had the utmost faith in their ability to reach a fair verdict.

I hope the families on both sides can finally reach closure on this.
God Bless.
JCinSI

GUILTY ON ALL 3 COUNTS---justice has been served for Kim, Jill, Bradley and the Renn and Karem family's.........

David Raye Camm Guilty :behindbar

http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?S=4569345

BOONVILLE, Ind.) -- After deliberating for dozens of hours over four days, a jury has found David Camm guilty of gunning down his wife, Kim, and their two children, Brad and Jill, in the garage of their Georgetown home on September 28, 2000.

The jury got the case early the morning of Tuesday, Feb. 28th. They had no questions or requests until late Thursday afternoon, when they asked to see a transcript of Camm's conversations with police just before he was arrested.

The verdict was read about 10:15 p.m. eastern time Friday.

tybee204 said:

BOONVILLE, Ind.) -- After deliberating for dozens of hours over four days, a jury has found David Camm guilty of gunning down his wife, Kim, and their two children, Brad and Jill, in the garage of their Georgetown home on September 28, 2000.

The jury got the case early the morning of Tuesday, Feb. 28th. They had no questions or requests until late Thursday afternoon, when they asked to see a transcript of Camm's conversations with police just before he was arrested.

The verdict was read about 10:15 p.m. eastern time Friday.

That is music to my ears ;) I was so afraid that they weren't going to convict him because of the people that said he was at the game. There is no way he could have gotten the DNA on his shirt without being right there. Thank God the jury realized that too.

JCinSI said:
...It was pretty stupid of Boney to state that Camm had come back to the driveway, pointed the gun at him and pulled the trigger, only to hear a dry click (misfire). Why would Camm do this? How would he explain Boney's body?! Or how the same weapon that killed his family killed this mystery man in his driveway...
It makes sense to me that Camm would try to kill Boney to keep him from talking. Camm could have said that he came home, found his family dead and the murderer still at the scene. He could have made up a story about having wrestled the gun from him and shooting him in the process or somehow killing the murderer in a struggle.

What doesn't make sense to me is that Boney would enter the garage after Camm tried to shoot him. Why would you do that? It would have been obvious that Camm was trying to double cross him at that point. Wouldn't your gut instinct be to get away while you could?

In any case, I don't think that we will ever know the true events of that evening. I believe that both Camm and Boney were present during the murders. I don't know which one committed the murders, but I feel that Camm had the motive and promised to pay Boney for his part.

if anyone is interested in the day to day court blogs they can be found at whas 11 tv once you go in on the left column go to blogs and then pull up David Camm Trial this is definatly and interesting read, after reading the evidence that was put on by the case, I am certainly not saying Camm is innocent but I will say that I would not have wanted to be on the jury, as to I believe there is definatly resonable doubt as to his guilt. I have been a person who due to media reports have always belived in his guilt but I will say after reviewing the eveidence that was given I have questions....Kim Camms Autopsy report gave me reason for pause...Grass on her feet was never explained as well as I have not been able to figure out since there appeared to be a struggle why nothing was ever said about dna under her fingernail being tested and when the police thought there was a cleanup at the scene (this is the main reason Camm was originally arrested) there was never any Luminal used to test the crime scence.
Something just doesnt set well with me on this case, If anyone looks at this information and would like to discuss the facts given in this case I would be interested.

i think this trial was as huge a mistake as the west memphis three trial. This man had minute specks of blood on his shirt after admitting to reaching over the body of his daughter to get to his son. Back splash from a point blank gun shot would have splashed him in a whole lot more places. A man with 11 felony convictions and whose clothing was found at the scene has admitted to committing these murders, and previously said he had never laid eyes on David camm.

This is a case where prosecutres screwed up the original evidence amd didn't want to admit they were wrong so they re tried an innnocent man to save face.
I do not believe the evidence points to anyone other than Bonet. There were 11 eye witnesses who placed Camm at a location other than the crime.

He was convicted in the first trial because he was an adulterer, and on bogus molestation evidence and claims. He had been begging for someone to test that sweat shirt and they didn't even bother. After the verdict was overturned and he got his hands on that sweatshirt they found their man. The prosecution was just too arrogant to admitt they had the wrong guy all along.
Ther were just as many experts who said the blood was not high resolution splatter as there were that did. How this jury convicted this man is beyond me.....wait.......oh yeah they didn't KNOW that Bonet has 11 other episodes of violent behavior with a deadly weapon. They didn't know that he had a known sexual fetish that he had acted on before......they didn't KNOW that a man had ALREADY been convicted of this crime in another courtroom miles away.

I so hope this conviction is overturned. Justice has been served to the three victims because Bonet is behind bars. However, a great in justice has been served to David Camm in my opinion.

kcksum said:
i think this trial was as huge a mistake as the west memphis three trial. This man had minute specks of blood on his shirt after admitting to reaching over the body of his daughter to get to his son. Back splash from a point blank gun shot would have splashed him in a whole lot more places. A man with 11 felony convictions and whose clothing was found at the scene has admitted to committing these murders, and previously said he had never laid eyes on David camm.

This is a case where prosecutres screwed up the original evidence amd didn't want to admit they were wrong so they re tried an innnocent man to save face.
I do not believe the evidence points to anyone other than Bonet. There were 11 eye witnesses who placed Camm at a location other than the crime.

He was convicted in the first trial because he was an adulterer, and on bogus molestation evidence and claims. He had been begging for someone to test that sweat shirt and they didn't even bother. After the verdict was overturned and he got his hands on that sweatshirt they found their man. The prosecution was just too arrogant to admitt they had the wrong guy all along.
Ther were just as many experts who said the blood was not high resolution splatter as there were that did. How this jury convicted this man is beyond me.....wait.......oh yeah they didn't KNOW that Bonet has 11 other episodes of violent behavior with a deadly weapon. They didn't know that he had a known sexual fetish that he had acted on before......they didn't KNOW that a man had ALREADY been convicted of this crime in another courtroom miles away.

I so hope this conviction is overturned. Justice has been served to the three victims because Bonet is behind bars. However, a great in justice has been served to David Camm in my opinion.
This is your opinion. It is not the opinion of two sets of jurors or mine. I think Camm is guilty as the day is long. He was very clever in the way that he planned the murders; however, not clever enough.

What motive did Bonet have for murdering this family as they drove into the garage. There was nothing taken. That blood spatter was from high velocity gun residue and I believe that there was a speck of blood on his shoes. He would have changed the shirt had he seen the microscopic blood. It was invisible to the naked eye. I don't buy the brushing up against Jill's hair. It would have been all over his shirt.

If I were a betting person, I'd say that his chances of having the verdict reversed are slim to none. IMO, he is right where he belongs.

BTW, the ME says that Jill was blunt force trauma to her vaginal area consistent with sexual abuse. I guess that she is wrong, too. :rolleyes:

KC, just out of curiousity, did you see the 48 Hours investigation the other night? Is that what you are basing your opinion on? I have followed this case from the beginning and watched that program the other night and for one second I thought he was innocent but then I went back to this thread and remembered alot of things that were not mentioned in that episode. I can't say I believe he pulled the trigger, but I believe he was there at some point during the shootings. Why would he reach over his little girl to get his son? Why not pull her out first, since she was closest to him, then pull his son out? Like Nanandjim said; what motive would Boney have? He did not sexually assault Kim, he didn't steal anything. Didn't they live kinda out of the way? Why go all that way and do nothing but kill someone and 2 little kids?

You have your opinion and I respect that. I was just curious on how you got your information via television, books, newspaper or people.

Thanks
dwb

I'm not real well read on this case but I did see the 48 hours program and D. Camm was doing the crying without tears thing.

When a reporter asked Kim's father, Frank Renn, what he planned to do over the weekend, he replied: "I've got a case of beer to get rid of." Renn said he had no expectation that Camm would ever admit to the crimes or apologize. "I watched him a little bit when he came in tonight ... and when they read the verdict, he still had that same look like it didn't bother him a bit. So he's a sociopath, just like Boney was."

Camm is sneaky as evidenced by his string of affairs.

http://www.wlky.com/news/1213411/detail.html Lead prosecutor Stan Faith called the testimony "just the tip of the iceberg."
"It shows how he feels about his family," Faith said. "It shows the value he puts on his marriage. If you notice today he's talking to at least three woman about how he's not getting along with Kim. Another time he said he can't afford to leave her because she makes the most money."

detectivewannabe said:
...Why would he reach over his little girl to get his son?...
I believe Boney when he said that he heard the little boy scream, "Daddy." I think that is why Camm tears up when talking about his son. He knew that his son had seen him. Jill and Kim were shot in the head and his son was shot in the chest. I believe that his son was shot trying to climb into the back of the SUV in a vain attempt to hide. I believe that Camm did reach into the back seat to shake Bradley or to some way check to make sure that Bradley was dead. I don't however believe that he brushed up against Jill to do so. He thought of that later as an excuse for the microscopic blood found on his shirt. Perhaps, most of the blood was on a pair of short which he changed. Perhaps, he didn't see any blood at the bottom of his shirt. So, he didn't feel a need to change the shirt.

What convinces me even more that Camm did this crime is that he insists that he didn't even know Boney. Since he didn't know Boney (according to him), it would make it even less likely that Boney would just find this house, lay in wait for someone to come home and then to systematically murder a woman and her children.

If Boney were a stranger, how would he know that a husband wouldn't arrive home or that someone would come through the front door? Sorry, it just doesn't' make sense.

What I would like to know is how Boney's sweatshirt was left at the scene. Did he know that he left it there? I think at one time I read that the gun that Boney gave to Camm was wrapped in that sweatshirt. I do believe that Camm set up Boney to take the fall. Too bad for him that police didn't believe that it was Boney acting alone.

Jade said:
I'm not real well read on this case but I did see the 48 hours program and D. Camm was doing the crying without tears thing.

When a reporter asked Kim's father, Frank Renn, what he planned to do over the weekend, he replied: "I've got a case of beer to get rid of." Renn said he had no expectation that Camm would ever admit to the crimes or apologize. "I watched him a little bit when he came in tonight ... and when they read the verdict, he still had that same look like it didn't bother him a bit. So he's a sociopath, just like Boney was."

Camm is sneaky as evidenced by his string of affairs.

http://www.wlky.com/news/1213411/detail.html Lead prosecutor Stan Faith called the testimony "just the tip of the iceberg."
"It shows how he feels about his family," Faith said. "It shows the value he puts on his marriage. If you notice today he's talking to at least three woman about how he's not getting along with Kim. Another time he said he can't afford to leave her because she makes the most money."
Hey Jade, I wasn't able to get to your links as you had them posted. So, I thought that I would put them in this post. Hope that they work. ;)

http://www.wlky.com/news/1213411/detail.html

Here is another article written by a journalist:
http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?S=4341169

He talks about when he believed that Camm was guilty. He said it was when Sutton, a blood expert for the defense was on the stand being questioned by Prosecutor Henderson.

"He asked Sutton if she saw any signs of a smear or a streak when she examined the stains under a microscope? No, she answered.

He asked her how long it would take for blood drops that small to dry. She was vague on that point, saying it depended if they were flowing from the wound.

He then said, "Do you mean he (Camm) stepped inside the Bronco, touched his shirt to her hair (straight on), stepped back and moved away" leaving stains with no smears or blurriness."

So, the microscopic bloodstains which the defense insists was from Camm brushing up against his daughters hair had no smears or blurriness as would be caused from "brushing."

This journalist does however feel that Camm has a good chance of having the verdict overturned once again. I hope that he is wrong.

I JUST got the book from Amazon. I am going to try to read it tonight. I think David Camm hired Boney to kill his wife and children. 48 hours did a great job going over the case, and I am interested in the book to see what new light it might shed into the case!

I had not heard of this case until it was shown on 48 Hours but I think they did a good job of showing all sides of the case. Personally I didn't find Camm very convincing and do think he was justly convicted. Boney talked a lot, but I think it would be very interesting to know if Camm had previous contact with Boney through earlier criminal enterprise (before the murders) because I didn't find Boney believeable when he stated that he knew Camm from basketball. Perhaps I will never know the answer, but a talkative guy like Boney is sure to be talking again?

AnnRuleFan, would you let us know your opinion on the book?

nanandjim said:
This is your opinion. It is not the opinion of two sets of jurors or mine. I think Camm is guilty as the day is long. He was very clever in the way that he planned the murders; however, not clever enough.

What motive did Bonet have for murdering this family as they drove into the garage. There was nothing taken. That blood spatter was from high velocity gun residue and I believe that there was a speck of blood on his shoes. He would have changed the shirt had he seen the microscopic blood. It was invisible to the naked eye. I don't buy the brushing up against Jill's hair. It would have been all over his shirt.

If I were a betting person, I'd say that his chances of having the verdict reversed are slim to none. IMO, he is right where he belongs.

BTW, the ME says that Jill was blunt force trauma to her vaginal area consistent with sexual abuse. I guess that she is wrong, too. :rolleyes:

The Me wasn't wrong, but no one knows who put that blunt force trauma there and there is no eveidence that David Camm ever abused his daughter. So don't be so quick to be smugg and assume that I have to ignore any evidence in order to form my opinion.
I would say Bonet who is a known offender with a sexually deviant past of attempting to abduct women at gunpoint to fufill his shoe fetish desires would be a higher suspect for sexually deviant behavior than david Camm.Maybe he caused the blunt force trauma to the little girls vaginal area. NO ONE EVER PROVED HOW THAT GOT THERE>>>>IT WAS A THEORY THOUGHT UP BY PROSECUTERS FOR MOTIVE! people have taken that theory and turned it into fact that David Camm was abusing his daughter. For all we know a freak at the grocery store molested her or she fell on a seesaw at school she's dead, she can't tell us.
We have Bonet's hand print on the Bronco, we have bonets shirt with DNA evidence on it (none of which is Camms) beside one of the dead bodies, and we have Bonets record of assault with a deadly weapon( a gun) more than 5 times (none of which those two juries got to hear about) They get to hear theories about Camm abusing his daughter that have no prooof backing them whatsoever, but they don't get to hear that the man convicted of this crime had a record of previous gun related crimes that he committed without the help of David Camm
Bonet managed to assault and terrorize other people before this murder, why do you think he would have trouble stalking and murdering a woman "all by himself"?
There was not enough physical evidence to convict David Camm, the jury wasn't given all of the story.
Yes this is my opinion, and the opinion of many other people. Just because 24 jurors convicted this man does not make him guilty. Many people have been exonerated who were convicted by 12 jurors in a court of law. That's why we have an appeals process.

detectivewannabe said:
KC, just out of curiousity, did you see the 48 Hours investigation the other night? Is that what you are basing your opinion on? I have followed this case from the beginning and watched that program the other night and for one second I thought he was innocent but then I went back to this thread and remembered alot of things that were not mentioned in that episode. I can't say I believe he pulled the trigger, but I believe he was there at some point during the shootings. Why would he reach over his little girl to get his son? Why not pull her out first, since she was closest to him, then pull his son out? Like Nanandjim said; what motive would Boney have? He did not sexually assault Kim, he didn't steal anything. Didn't they live kinda out of the way? Why go all that way and do nothing but kill someone and 2 little kids?

You have your opinion and I respect that. I was just curious on how you got your information via television, books, newspaper or people.

Thanks
dwb

Did see the 48 hours special,but have followed this case from the beginning though because I am KY native and it interested me. I feel like Camm should have never been investigated or charged in the first place. I think it was a rush to judgement and he had an 11 person solid alibi.
Bonet was a bad guy, real bad guy witha hx of sexually deviant behavior and assault with a deadly weapon. Who knows why he was there and killed them......Why did Sharon tate get slaughtered along with her friends in california....that house was out of the way, nothing was stolen,......sometimes criminals do really bad things for no other reason than to get their kicks. Most sociopaths don't ever have a really logical motive for their crimes.Bonet had a hx of violent behavior, why do people assume he couldn't have picked these victims like he picked his other victims all by himself. The conspiracy charge was thrown out, the court determined there was no evidence showing that Camm had ever met Bonet. How can we believe that he hired Bonet, when there was not even enough evidence to support a conspracy charge. What we're going to believe Bonet?
Bonet also said on camera that he had never met David Camm in his life.....which version are we to believe?
I just don't think he got a fair trial. There are people in Arkansas who believe the west memphis three are guilty as hell. I don't. I believe that there are lots of people in this country who don't get fair trials because of ego driven prosecuters who can't admit when they are wrong. I think Camm is one of those people. I thank God for the Appeals process and hope that it will work for Camm as well this time as it did the last time.
This is my opinion, it may not be the popular one but that's ok.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
siblingminds
Back