IN - Kimberly Camm, 35, & 2 children murdered, Georgetown, 28 Sept 2000 *2 earlier trials OVERTURNED

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No they didn't do a rape kit. And NO David had no wounds, cuts, abrasions or anything on him at all. Kim had defensive wounds and broken nails.
Her pants were removed halfway her shoes were removed and CAREFULLY placed on top of the Bronco.
BY Criminal Charles Boney.
Boney has a VERY lenghty record of abuse and armed robbery. He preyed on women. THAT is public record!
Yes the shower curtain and condoms dissappeared!
So did a foot print and I THINK a PALM PRINT (can't remember the palm print)
BUT Female DNA was also at the scene. UNKNOWN DNA.
Wonder who's that is to this day no one knows!

I thought the female DNA belonged to Boney's girlfriend, who has since left town?
Was there ever any DNA recovered from under Kim's nails? I think that would be like THE MAJOR CLUE!
You know, it's weird, but I always 'wanted' David to be guilty. Not because I think he did it, but because I wanted someone, anyone to pay for this horrible crime! Emotionally, it's easy to say he's guilty, as so many others have said. But, if I were on the jury and weighing the evidence, I would have found him not guilty.

I don't know if they matched the DNA under Kim's nails.
I do know they took 4 1/2 yrs to even run DNA in CODIS and found Boney.
It is so sad that it took that long to find him and he admitted to this!
Alot of people want David guilty. They wanted a fall guy. ALL of the investigators had "tunnel vision" and went after David. This was basically a Charachter Assasination on David.
I firmly believe he is innocent. I pray that he is released and is able to grieve properly.
I feel so bad for him and his family. They have been through so much with this.
The juror's even said there will ALWAYS be doubt. NOW if a juror can come out and say that then JUSTICE was not served. The jury is obligated to find a person not guilty if reasonable doubt exist. It does and they even said it did in an interview after the trials.
That is at the very least misjustice!

I know I am emotionally involved because David is a friend BUT objectively I can see that there is no evidence against David. Reasonable doubt does exist.
This CAN happen to anyone.
I pray the Supreme Court rules soon for David and his family. They are such great people.

OK after a long time from posting on this site, I would publicly like to say that I firmly believe I WAS WRONG DAVID CAMM IS INNOCENT...I have taken several years to review this case, and I can also say the fact that I knew Kim Camms brother-in-law I was looking at this case from the wrong side...I am now attempting to do anything I can to right a wrong that was done to David Camm..

I would suggest that anyone who really wants to know what happened to David please go to justicefordavidcamm.com there is invaluable information on this site that if you are an open minded person will show you what an injustice was done to this man...If you feel inclined you can also donate to his defense fund since his family has basically lost everything trying to get him out of jail...He is currently serving a life sentence without the possibility of parole and in isolation..This case has dragged on for 9 years and it is high time the Court of Appeals throws this case out against him and makes it so he can not be re-tried...

I also feel that if the State wants to go after a second person that would be Charles Boneys girlfriend at the time who now lives out of the country in Trinidad...

once again...

DAVID CAMM IS INNOCENT PLEASE VISIT...JUSTICEFORDAVIDCAMM.COM

If anyone is interested in reading about what really happened during both of David Camms trial please visit justicefordavidcamm.com

I know that this seems like an open and shut case, but believe me I live in the area that this happened in and there were so many rumors floating around with the sole propose to do a Character Assassination of David Camm..

When this case first began I was sure that David was guilty but after taking out all the speculation, wild arse theory's and just getting down to the lack of evidence against David, it became clear that an 11 time convicted criminal Charles Boney and possible his girlfriend at the time were the ones responsible for this horrific crime

with all of that being said I truly hope the appeals court overturns this case once and for all and does it to where he can never be tried again..

If you visit justicefordavidcamm.com you can see the appellate court that was held in May 2008 and I think you will see that they were still unhappy with the way that this case was handled by both Floyd County Prosecutors and on top of that there are abuse of power, malicious prosecution, and perjury charges that can be filed on prosecutors, and expert witness's for the State..

It is time this charade stop and Davis freedom is returned

Kimmer

You just got your wish Kimmer. They overturned his conviction Friday. I don't have time now, but I do believe he is guilty and yes I will go to the website you suggested and then you and I can discuss this more in detail. I also have the book so give me a few days.

dwb

I too believe David is guilty and I'm sorry to hear his conviction has been overturned.

http://www.newsandtribune.com/local/local_story_177112303.html

3 p.m. UPDATE: David Camm's murder convictions overturned by Supreme Court

He was previously found guilty of killing family

By MATT THACKER
Matt.Thacker@newsandtribune.com

The Indiana Supreme Court overturned the conviction of David Camm in the deaths of his wife and two children and ordered a third trial.

Camm, 45, was convicted in 2002 and again in 2006 of murdering his wife Kimberly, 35, and their children, Bradley, 7, and Jill, 5, at their Georgetown home in 2000.

I too believed Camm to be guilty. Perhaps this 3rd trial can get to the truth, once and for all?

Thanks for the updates! :blowkiss:

I have followed this case from the night it happened. I also know people who are related to the victims and the defendant. For what it is worth, I think David deserves a new trial.
I have never felt David to be innocent, but the cops have tried and convicted him on trumped up charges. The man was smart enough to create an alibi for himself. He wasn't home when the killings occured. He planned it that way.
The S.A. needs to charge him with the crimes that he is guilty of. He didn't pull the trigger. Boney did that. The evidence shows this was a perp with a foot-fettish. I think David was more the "master-mind" behind the scenes.
Remember folks, David was tried and convicted in a court of law (1st trial)without the name of Charles Boney ever being mentioned. His clothes and prints were left behind right in the garage. No one wanted to talk about that or investigate this evidence because it was not directly linked to Camm.
Another fact that wasn't talked about much in the media is that he was divorced and had a child from an earlier marriage. He wasn't going to walk away from this a free man, He still had a child and responsibilities.
Take it for what it is worth, The justice system only works if the scales are balanced.

I have followed this case from the night it happened. I also know people who are related to the victims and the defendant. For what it is worth, I think David deserves a new trial.
I have never felt David to be innocent, but the cops have tried and convicted him on trumped up charges. The man was smart enough to create an alibi for himself. He wasn't home when the killings occured. He planned it that way.
The S.A. needs to charge him with the crimes that he is guilty of. He didn't pull the trigger. Boney did that. The evidence shows this was a perp with a foot-fettish. I think David was more the "master-mind" behind the scenes.
Remember folks, David was tried and convicted in a court of law (1st trial)without the name of Charles Boney ever being mentioned. His clothes and prints were left behind right in the garage. No one wanted to talk about that or investigate this evidence because it was not directly linked to Camm.
Another fact that wasn't talked about much in the media is that he was divorced and had a child from an earlier marriage. He wasn't going to walk away from this a free man, He still had a child and responsibilities.
Take it for what it is worth, The justice system only works if the scales are balanced.

Oh, I completely agree. I never thought for one second that David pulled the trigger. I also believe he was the 'mastermind' behind this. Kinda "hit for hire" so to speak. I also believe he was not given a fair trail when the molestation was introduced. There is no concrete proof he did that to his daughter and it should have never been brought up. We have to give a fair and balanced trial and I hope he is convected a third time for the right reasons.

dwb

I used to feel the same way, that he was guilty no matter what. However, after spending a huge amount of time reviewing the case, I can't say that anymore. I can't find a link between David and Boney. No doubt both trials were unfair and biased. I do find it rare that the Supreme Court would overturn a conviction, twice! I think David is guilty of many things, but not murder or being involved in murder. I still believe that Boney zoned in on Kim from Karem's meat market. I remember shopping there as a child. I have the utmost respect for Kim's father, Mr. Renn. And while many people want to punish David for other things, not related to the murders, I think it's more important to ensure that our justice system works appropriately. Floyd County can't afford another trial. While money shouldn't be a concern in the search for justice, how many times does it take to get it right? ( that would be for either a guilty or not guilty verdict, either way)

Oh, I completely agree. I never thought for one second that David pulled the trigger. I also believe he was the 'mastermind' behind this. Kinda "hit for hire" so to speak. I also believe he was not given a fair trail when the molestation was introduced. There is no concrete proof he did that to his daughter and it should have never been brought up. We have to give a fair and balanced trial and I hope he is convected a third time for the right reasons.

dwb

JMO. . but I think that if David were going to do a "hit for hire" deal, he would have gone with someone more professional, as opposed to using Boney. If you check out Boney's rap sheet, it makes no sense that David would align himself with a low rate criminal such as Boney.

For those who may know about this case, David Camm was a retired Indiana State Officer that in Sept, 2000 was charged with killing his wife Kim, and his kids Brad & Jill Camm....David was convicted of this horrendous crime, and a few years later the conviction was overturned by the Indiana Supreme Court, He was then re-tried for a 2nd time, during the 2nd re-trial new evidence was tested and found to belong to a 11 time convicted criminal by the name of Charles Darnell Boney and Charles Boney also admitted that he was at the crime scene when this family was slaughtered....The prosecutors where unwilling to admit that they had made a mistake in charging David Camm not once but twice, when David Camm was re-tried he was once again convicted...

Last week the Indiana Supreme Court once again overturned the 2nd conviction of David Camm....

Since this is a very fluid case, with more twists and turns than any case I have ever seen, I have decided to start a blog on this case, If you are interested in getting information about this case, please go to the blog and in the search box and type in David Camm and it will take you to the blog that I have started..

When this case first started I thought that David Camm was guilty, but over the past couple of years I have been doing alot of research and I now feel that David Camm is completely innocent and because of politics in the area that I live has been continually tried for a crime that he did not committ.....If you would like to know more about this case, or discuss this case please visit my blog....

Thank You,

Kimmer

JMO. . but I think that if David were going to do a "hit for hire" deal, he would have gone with someone more professional, as opposed to using Boney. If you check out Boney's rap sheet, it makes no sense that David would align himself with a low rate criminal such as Boney.

I, at first, thought that David hired Boney.

You make an excellent point regarding that "theory".

Is there a reason, you believe, that Boney could have targeted the Camm family because of David's job with LE? Or do you believe Boney act is solely because he had some prior "infatuation or otherwise" with Karen?

As I said earlier, I do hope they can get to the truth this time around. I'm not sure what I believe about it all now.

I, at first, thought that David hired Boney.

You make an excellent point regarding that "theory".

Is there a reason, you believe, that Boney could have targeted the Camm family because of David's job with LE? Or do you believe Boney act is solely because he had some prior "infatuation or otherwise" with Karen?

As I said earlier, I do hope they can get to the truth this time around. I'm not sure what I believe about it all now.

Hi Boyz Mum,
It's nice to see you here again!
IMO . . I think he targeted Kim Camm when he saw her at Karem's meat market. I think her sister is married to Mr. Karem and Kim often went to the market. Boney lived in this area at one time. The meat market, if I remember correctly, is located next to a convience store and is close to Knable's liquor store. This is a highly populated area, with banks and restaurants. It's right down the street from the hospital and close to the Target store and another shopping plaza. The area is 'busy' and people come and go unnoticed.
It was said that Boney told someone, another inmate I think, that he was going to 'get a cop'. Also, Kim's vehicle had a police sticker on it that could easily been seen by Boney. I often wondered if Boney knew who Kim was in advance of these crimes. I think it was stated that Boney's mother lived near the Camm residence area and Boney's car was seen that day parked at the end of the road that the Camm family lived on.
JMO. . but I think that he saw Kim at the store and that sparked his interest. I also think that he followed her and found out who she was and realized that she was married to a former police officer, whom he might have thought was still on the force at the time.
I have a lot of problems with having a third trial. Besides the obvious, ruining David's life, I don't think it's fair to put her family thru another trial. I think that Pros. Henderson and Faith are giving them false hopes. If they could have gotten a conviction using 'evidence', they would have done it in the first two trials. I can understand their feelings of wanting the guilty party to be punished, but I do think he is, Boney was sentenced to 225 years.
The other problem I have is that they would be going to trial again based on the same 'evidence' that was unsuccessful two times already, nothing new would be brought to the table. I don't know if it's a faulty case or if the investigation was that screwed up. I do know there was some evidence collected that was 'lost' before trial and never tested. There was also several pieces of evidence that were collected and were never tested before the first trial.
I think, in general, we at WS tend to examine the facts and evidence of cases and use this to base our opinion. But, the public eye doesn't usually work this way. You wouldn't believe some of the rumors that I heard about this case going around town. I think David was found guilty of these crimes in the public eye long before the first trial ever took place. While many people in our town don't care or won't admit it, if it were them, they would feel differently. If this is allowed to continue or happen without consequence, it could be anybody next time. I find that kinda scary!
Have a great day, Boyz Mum!!
HoundAcres:)

ETA: I just wanted to add that Camm's defense was privately funded for the first two trials. Because everything is gone now, a third defense would have to be funded by Floyd County.

Remember folks, David was tried and convicted in a court of law (1st trial)without the name of Charles Boney ever being mentioned.

*snipped for space
Hi Nightfallgypsy,
I also explored the idea that David set this up. But then I had to ask myself, David was a law enforcement officer, why would he need to get a clean gun from Boney? Why would he even need to involve Boney? If they had planned this together, why isn't there any evidence that the two even met?
The reason David was convicted in the first trial without Boney is because the prosceutor told the jury that David molested his daughter. They also paraded a number of women before the jury that said they'd had affairs with David. This may be true, I don't know. But, that makes him a bad husband, not a murderer.

I am aware that there has been a previous thread on this topic, but it has been a couple of years since there has been any real activity on that thread...And since the Indiana Supreme Court just again overturned his 2nd trial, this case is going to be heating up again, so for that reason I thought I would start a new thread to let others know about the recent activity on the case...

Kimmer

The thread is resurrected every time there is move on the case. There is current activity now.

Well here are 2 very important questions that in my mind need to be answered, and from all of the investigating of this crime there is no evidence to support this.

1. Had Boney given David the gun wrapped in his sweatshirt as Boney has always claimed he did (and the sweatshirt did have gun oil on it also)..Why was there never ANY of David's DNA on that sweatshirt...There was not even touch DNA on that sweatshirt...So I feel comfortable saying that David never touched the item the gun was wrapped in..

2. Had David left the basketball game and went home and either killed his family or been a witness (that was close enough to his daughter to get High Velocity Spatter on his t-shirt) Then why was there no forensic evidence (IE: Blood, hair, fibers,GSR) found in David's pick-up truck....There is no way that this man was within 4 feet of his daughter when she was shot, as well as being in the garage when his wife and son were killed and him be able to get back in his vehicle and drive back to the church without transferring some forensic evidence into his truck..

These are just 2 questions out of several that I have, Since we have such good sleuthers on here can anyone make sense out of this lack of evidence?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeonGhostWolf
Back