IN IN - Kristy Kelley, 27, Boonville, 15 Aug 2014 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did she live with her Mom? I thought her mom said Kristy was due to come to her house...not like due to come home. I thought Kristy lived a mile or two away from mother.

She lived with her parents

Locals- If you take the Boonville exit off of I64 and come south towards town, you pass a HUGE...coal mine? Quarry? Gravel pit? What is that thing? Do you think it might be a good place to hide a car?

It's a coal mine. There are a lot in this area. Many of the lakes in the area are old stripper pits. I read somewhere that the coal mines are cooperative, and searching their own properties.

I read somewhere that her phone was found by a worker in the bar the next morning. The phone was found up on a shelf in the bathroom. The worker did not do anything about the phone. They didn't know who it belonged to and figured it was just forgotten and someone would be in to pick it up later. They didn't think much about it, but when Kristy didn't show up for work the word started spreading around town that she was missing. When the workers at the bar heard Kristy was missing they called Kristy's parents about the phone. The parents came to the bar and got the phone.

I don't know if this gives any context, but I once left my phone (and other things) at the bar when I was sloshed out of my gourd. Thankfully, I didn't drive, as I don't recall the evening at all. I guess I'm saying that, even though I hope its not the case, could she have been utterly hammered while driving? Not judging, just pondering potential outcomes.

Also, someone posted that she turned around. Is that true? I thought the video only shows her going one way. Does it show her coming back?

I don't know if this gives any context, but I once left my phone (and other things) at the bar when I was sloshed out of my gourd. Thankfully, I didn't drive, as I don't recall the evening at all. I guess I'm saying that, even though I hope its not the case, could she have been utterly hammered while driving? Not judging, just pondering potential outcomes.

Also, someone posted that she turned around. Is that true? I thought the video only shows her going one way. Does it show her coming back?

My daughter around the same age has lost her phone on nights out so many times she is talking about getting a burner phone to take out. Many of her friends already do. Outfits w tiny or no pockets, alcohol, no purse frequently..she goes out w ID, phone and debit card in hand. Pretty common in that age group. Depending on tired/drinking level she has decided multiple times not go back for it until next day.

As a result, I put zero importance to leaving the phone in bathroom. My kid doesn't want to drop in toilet so puts it down on the sink or in the stall and voila, forgets it. Super duper common IMO.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I really wonder the same thing, especially because she left when the bartender wasn't around. Maybe she thought that the bartender wouldn't let her leave because she had too much to drink.

Paypal is not a bank account in itself. Paypal is attached to your regular bank account and/or credit card. It is possible that there would be money in her PayPal account, but investigators should still be able to find it. If she transferred money from her bank acct to her paypal, there would be a record of it on both accounts.

Actually, that's not totally true. I have a PayPal and money deposits and withdraws into it without affecting your bank account or credit/debit cards IF you have enough in there to not overdraw. I only know this because I have a side job that deposits directly to my PayPal and then I make purchases with that deposited money that never show up on my bank statements.

That being said, I'm not sure how she would make purchases in person with it, that route would only work with internet purchases.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Actually, that's not totally true. I have a PayPal and money deposits and withdraws into it without affecting your bank account or credit/debit cards IF you have enough in there to not overdraw. I only know this because I have a side job that deposits directly to my PayPal and then I make purchases with that deposited money that never show up on my bank statements.

That being said, I'm not sure how she would make purchases in person with it, that route would only work with internet purchases.

Actually, you can get a PayPal debit card. I have one and I can use it anywhere that a normal Mastercard debit card can be used. It pulls money from the PayPal account and then if there's nothing left, it will pull from my bank account or deny the card if I don't have a backup set up.

I read somewhere that her phone was found by a worker in the bar the next morning. The phone was found up on a shelf in the bathroom. The worker did not do anything about the phone. They didn't know who it belonged to and figured it was just forgotten and someone would be in to pick it up later. They didn't think much about it, but when Kristy didn't show up for work the word started spreading around town that she was missing. When the workers at the bar heard Kristy was missing they called Kristy's parents about the phone. The parents came to the bar and got the phone.

Just pointing this out and not saying this is related to Kristy, but I believe that a sex offender lives about a block away from Kristy's parents. And I believe another sex offender is the husband of one of Kristy's coworkers. (I am sorry if this is too much info.)

I noticed that there was a go fund me account set up to collect money for a reward fund. They collected a little over $1000 and then announced that they were closing the account and going to send refunds or use the money for printing fliers. They said they didn't want it to interfere with the investigation. I am just curious of the reasons they might decide not to offer a reward. I have thought of a few reasons, but it is all just speculation. I wondered if it was common or if anyone knew why a family might decide not to offer a reward in a missing persons case.

Very interesting information: Welcome to Websleuths :goodpost:

The cell phone being left behind is a big question mark in my book.

The sex offender info. is troubling and definitely should be investigated, especially the one connected through her workplace.

I hadn't heard anything in regards to the reward money being set up. It is really strange that they would just decide not to offer a reward after money had already been collected for it. I don't know how this would have interfered with the investigation other than generating a bunch of phone calls that the detectives would have to follow up on. Maybe they are feeling a little lazy on these hot summer days.

The big question still remains: Did she leave her cell phone behind on purpose, or did she leave it behind by accident ?

I'm sure if there were any texts or incoming calls made during the last hour she was in the bar, the cops would be all over it by now. Since nothing has been mentioned, I have to assume that there was nothing of note left behind on her phone.

Theory 1
If this was an abduction, the only real way I could see it happening would be if she saw someone she knew walking down the dark street, stopped to ask if they needed a ride, and possibly took a detour to get this individual home. Much to her surprise, the individual attacked her (maybe he was drunk) and demanded to be taken wherever. So where is the car ? Wherever he hid it. Garage, storage shed, barn, a grove of trees, under a big tarp in the back yard ?
The fact that she didn't have her phone with her, might be the luckiest thing that ever happened to this perp., since they can't even track her final pings at this point. Maybe the reason this happened was because she DIDN'T have a phone, and once the perp. realized it, she became a victim.

Theory 2

She left the phone behind deliberately to insure that she could not be tracked. A lot of people are not technically proficient, and might not know if a cell phone could be tracked if it was in sleep mode, if the "off" button had been activated, or if the battery was still in it. Someone that was worried about that, might just leave the entire phone behind. Why would she abandon the phone and run off ? Your guess is as good as mine. People do it all the time though.
I'd be interested to know if she knew anything about the Jennifer Huston case, or if she followed the story along as it was playing out. I remember thinking to myself after they found her, that there may be copy-cats out there that decide to do the same thing.

Keep in mind, there is no activity on her ATM withdrawals, credit cards, or bank accounts. Unlikely she is traveling.

Just to take a stab in the dark, I think it is someone local, somebody she knew and encountered that night after she passed the camera.
I admit it's a small window of opportunity, but none of us know who the perp is or what type of planning may have been involved.
This may have also just been a crime of opportunity, as stated in theory 1 above.

Do we know if the cellphone was shut off or not?

kemo, I am really leaning towards the theory that Kristy went back to the VFW to get her phone and then found them to be closed. I am wondering about what she was doing in that 20 minutes though IF that was her car going past again. At this point, like other posters have suggested, she could have run into someone in the parking lot of the VFW. On the other hand, I also wondered if Kristy might have gone to someone's house she might have known close by in order to borrow their phone. Then she could call the bartender and see if she may have found the phone. Just a thought.

Unrelated to that theory, I noticed that there was a post towards the bottom of the FB page that I believe was a screenshot of a convo with Kristy's dad. He mentions something about a text message Kristy may have sent earlier in the night. I THINK it was something about someone she wanted to visit and there is mention of the street. I may have misunderstood but I will try to find it.

Then, Kristy's best friend posted something on her own FB about Kristy not checking the last snapchat message that she sent. I was wondering when that snapchat was sent because I would think that if a notification popped up on her phone, she would have likely looked at it while she was waiting on the bartender. Maybe it came the next day but it got me thinking about how there could be a better timeline of when she actually went missing.

Sorry if any of this doesn't make sense...I have three kids here and it's a little nuts today! I can barely keep my thoughts together! ;)

There are railroad tracks in between vfw and tasty freeze. If she got stopped by a train she could have been stopped there for awhile. These trains go very slow through town sometimes the trains go through almost to the end and then back up.

I think she accidentally left her cellphone in the bathroom. It's not uncommon to use your cellphone in the bathroom and forgetting it on a shelf doesn't set off bells for me.

I have two scenarios in mind:

1. She left the VFW and then returned when she realized she forgot her phone. When she got back to the VFW, it was closed. This is when the abduction occurred in this scenario. I can picture her getting out of her car to go to the door to see if anyone was still inside. I could also picture her talking to someone in the parking lot, such as another patron just arriving and hoping the bar was open or one of the employees leaving for the night.

2. She was abducted from the bathroom or as she exited the bathroom. This scenario fits with the bartender's statements that she never said good-bye before leaving. However, this means the perp acted while others were in the building. Was the bathroom close to an exit?

I'm also wondering if there is one of those contraptions....what are they called? Oh yeah, public pay phones. Is there a pay phone in the parking lot or nearby where she could make a call from her to her bartender friend to ask to come back to open the bar so she could retrieve her phone?

Locals- If you take the Boonville exit off of I64 and come south towards town, you pass a HUGE...coal mine? Quarry? Gravel pit? What is that thing? Do you think it might be a good place to hide a car?

The coal miners have been alerted and told to be on the lookout.

Icant do link on cell but there is an article on tri state home page where fbi served search warrent today inBoonville. Supposed not be related but who knows.

Just catching up but any account online or otherwise is going to be attached to the owner's ss#. LE will be able to find any account even if no one else knows about it. Its part of the Patriot Act I belive...to catch money laundering, terrorist funding etc. People that churn credit cards (legally) can get a visit from LE for buying too many pre paid credit cards.

I am afraid something happened to her because of the lack of activity. I am still leaning towards accident. If she commited she went well out of her way to hide her car.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

This is an article in regards to the multiple missing women in that area--interesting reading.

I put these photos side by side yesterday and still cannot shake the fact that they look identical. The striking similarity between Kristy Kelley and Brianna DiBattiste cannot be denied. Those two girls are practically the same and both are missing under very mysterious circumstances.
The woman on the left of the photo is Kristy Kelley. She was last seen at the VFW Post in Boonville, Indiana and there is surveillance footage, grainy at best, of her vehicle after leaving the lot. Kelley is 27-years-old, 5’5″ and weighs roughly 135 pounds. She has brown hair and blue eyes.

Brianna DiBattiste (pictured on the right) has been missing since June 16th, 2014, nearly a full month longer. She is 25-years-old, 5’4″ and weighs approximately 110 pounds. She has brown hair and hazel eyes. DiBattiste, as I reported yesterday, has a history of drug use and authorities near Dunkirk, Indiana quickly attributed her disappearance to some sort of drug-related crime. Those theories never led to an arrest. Brianna’s family maintains, that no matter what her internal struggles were, that she would never intentionally lose contact with them. That said, they haven’t heard from her and friends and family are posting her missing poster daily on social media.

Read More: Possible Connections Between Missing Women in Indiana - Kentucky | http://wbkr.com/update-connections-between-missing-women-in-tristate-photos/?trackback=tsmclip

Attachments

• KKellytwin.jpg
    KKellytwin.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 201
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics