Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also missing in the same area.

This is Joelle Lockwood, a 30-year-old mother from Evansville, Indiana. Joelle was last seen, on foot, July 9th, 2014. Authorities admit there are some eerie similarities between Joelle’s case and Kristy’s. Each is the mother of two and the ladies most definitely have a similar body type. Joelle is 5’3″, weighs 125 pounds and has brown hair and hazel eyes. But Joelle shares those same characteristics with Brianna DiBattiste as well. Three women, all from Southern Indiana or Central Indiana, have gone missing in the last month and they, for all practical purposes, look alike.

Read More: Possible Connections Between Missing Women in Indiana - Kentucky | http://wbkr.com/update-connections-between-missing-women-in-tristate-photos/?trackback=tsmclip

Attachments

• Joelle.jpg
    Joelle.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 205
Here is another one--same area

"But here’s the one problem with dismissing the fact that these women actually do share some significant physical characteristics. Serial offenders typically target a type. And these women definitely represent a certain type. Yes. There may be some variation in weight and minor variations in height, but these women have way more physical similarities than they do differences. And at night, those differences may not even be noticed at all. Again, serial offenders (and this is assuming that’s what we are dealing with here) usually prey on a type. And, to my naked eye, there is a distinct mold here. And the next young lady fits it perfectly. "

" It was April 15th, 2013 that Jessica Masker was reported missing. Like Kristy and Joelle, she was a young mother of two. And this is information that I didn’t include yesterday. Jessica was last seen leaving the hospital where she had gone to visit her premature infant. She is 5’2″, weighs 95 pounds and has brown hair and hazel eyes. She, like the majority of others, also has visible tattoos.
I mentioned this in yesterday’s post and it bears repeating. Tattoos are a common theme among these women. Joelle Lockwood has tattoos. Briana DiBattiste has tattoos. Ashley Higgs has a tattoo of a pistol on her abdomen. Jessica has visible tattoos (arm, wrist). Ashley Morris Mullis has the name “Ashton” inked on her upper left arm and a small butterfly on her right leg. If there is truly a pattern here, tattoos may be a significant part of it. Tattoos seem to be a part of the type."

Read More: Possible Connections Between Missing Women in Indiana - Kentucky | http://wbkr.com/update-connections-between-missing-women-in-tristate-photos/?trackback=tsmclip

Attachments

• Jessica-472x630.jpg
    Jessica-472x630.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 200
If the vehicle shown in the video headed back towards the VFW is actually Kristy then the story given by the bartender isn't adding up to me:

From http://www.tristatehomepage.com/sto...tri-state-missin/40029/9ZAIj58wsEKbRVGZUCUvXw:

Surveillance video shows what authorities say is Kristy Kelley leaving the VFW in Boonville at 1:48 a.m. on Friday, in front of the Tastee Freeze, on State Road 62.

New surveillance video shows a similar vehicle 20 minutes later driving in the opposite direction on the road behind the Tastee Freeze. Authorities have not confirmed that vehicle as Kelley's.

Then from JVM:

VELEZ-MITCHELL: ....she was talking to the bartender and the manager. They were the only ones there except for an older man who cleans up at the end of the evening.

KATHY SCALES, MOTHER OF KRISTY KELLEY: From what I`ve been told, you know, I`m not definite on everything, but from what I understand, the couple had left maybe like an hour before she had left. She was just sitting there at the bar chitchatting with the -- her friend the bartender. The bartender had to go back and kind of learn how to fill out deposit slips, so when she come back in, she noticed Kristy wasn`t at the bar -- didn`t really think much of it. And then I believe when she come back after she finished up, Kristy was still gone. She went out in the parking lot, checked in, her vehicle was also gone.

That would mean all that in bold above would have had to occurred and everyone would have had to clear out within the 20 minutes it took her to return back to the VFW. What are the odds?

I'm not saying the bartender "did it" at all! I'm just asking for clarification.

Also, has City Lake #1 been checked thoroughly? Like I mentioned earlier it is very close to her parents home and it would be very easy to miss a stop sign and drive into it.

Sounds like finding her car is what's needed at this point. Wonder if there's anyway to track it. Also no mention of her having a cellphone.
So at this point it's matter of rounding up all the usual suspects that being her cellphone, any other phone records, credit card usage, ATM, bank account usage, what and whom she had been in contact with on social media and in real life, surveillance around where she was know to be, etc...
Problem is, LE often won't do much till they feel there's been foul-play.

http://www.14news.com/story/26294728/warrick-co-sheriffs-office-searching-for-missing-woman

On the missing FB page it says her phone was found at the VFW (last place she was seen).
Sorry!!! Seeing this was already addressed, my bad.

Her mom said she had to work at 7am the next morning and planned on coming home to sleep. This would mean she would most likely have to wake up to get ready around 6 am (just guessing). So how could she possibly get more than a few hours sleep and is that normal for her?

Her mom said she had to work at 7am the next morning and planned on coming home to sleep. This would mean she would most likely have to wake up to get ready around 6 am (just guessing). So how could she possibly get more than a few hours sleep and is that normal for her?

Bar hopping and living on two or three hours of sleep before you go to work the next day is what a lot of people aged 18-30 do on a regular basis when single. I know. I lived that life for 10 years before I settled down.

Bar hopping and living on two or three hours of sleep before you go to work the next day is what a lot of people aged 18-30 do on a regular basis when single. I know. I lived that life for 10 years before I settled down.

I just wonder if that is normal for her. If that was me at 24 my mother would have said it was semi-normal, if it was me at 26 after my first born, no way, not a chance. I settled down when I had my kids but I do realize that is not always the case.

Is she normally home early and gets a full nights sleep or does she go out often and take a nap after work if she's tired?

Jmo I don"t think her disappearance is a part of any serial criminal. Partly due to her car being missing, partly just a weird feeling about her evening out, for which I have no definite reasons. Just that if she was harmed, it was by someone she knows. Jmo

I'm sorry, but that WBKR article is ridiculous. The only thing those women have in common is they were about the same height. They did not all disappear from the same area- one disappeared four hours from Evansville. They do not all have brown hair. One of them left of her own accord. They are not even the same size. He says that one of those women is similar in size at 5'5" and 220 pounds. That is nowhere near the 5'3" 125 pounds that Kristy is! It's almost 100 pound difference! And then he digs up cases that are several years old to make more shaky unproven connections. I'm sorry, but that kind of "journalism" serves no purpose but to work people up into a frenzy and detract from finding out what really happened.

I honestly don't think any of the disappearances are related. MAYBE a couple of them could be, but no way that all 5 of them are.

KATHY SCALES, MOTHER OF KRISTY KELLEY: From what I`ve been told, you know, I`m not definite on everything, but from what I understand, the couple had left maybe like an hour before she had left. She was just sitting there at the bar chitchatting with the -- her friend the bartender. The bartender had to go back and kind of learn how to fill out deposit slips, so when she come back in, she noticed Kristy wasn`t at the bar -- didn`t really think much of it. And then I believe when she come back after she finished up, Kristy was still gone. She went out in the parking lot, checked in, her vehicle was also gone.

That would mean all that in bold above would have had to occurred and everyone would have had to clear out within the 20 minutes it took her to return back to the VFW. What are the odds?

I'm not saying the bartender "did it" at all! I'm just asking for clarification.

I'm not sure what is hard to understand about this. 20 minutes is plenty of time for someone to disappear. All of the other patrons were already gone. That's why the VFW was closing early.

I am surprised there is not more discussion of a possible accident. She could have been intoxicated and disoriented, and ended up crashing in an area not clearly visible. This makes more sense since her car has not been found. I have not heard anything about how much, if any, she had to drink. Wouldn't that be a very important question for her friend the bartender?

I'm not sure what is hard to understand about this. 20 minutes is plenty of time for someone to disappear. All of the other patrons were already gone. That's why the VFW was closing early.

I think what foxtrotromeo is saying is that it didn't sound like they were done closing up when the bartender noticed she was gone. 20 minutes is not a lot of time. If she came back to the VFW, what are the odds that they were already done closing up and long gone? I have started to have my doubts about the accuracy of the statements made by the bartender and others at the VFW. Even if they are not involved in any of this, not telling the truth can be detrimental to an investigation.

I just wonder if that is normal for her. If that was me at 24 my mother would have said it was semi-normal, if it was me at 26 after my first born, no way, not a chance. I settled down when I had my kids but I do realize that is not always the case.

Is she normally home early and gets a full nights sleep or does she go out often and take a nap after work if she's tired?

I've found that when people go through a divorce, they seem to go through that "sowing your wild oats" again. I know I did and I was in my mid 40's and had long since settled down before.

I am surprised there is not more discussion of a possible accident. She could have been intoxicated and disoriented, and ended up crashing in an area not clearly visible. This makes more sense since her car has not been found. I have not heard anything about how much, if any, she had to drink. Wouldn't that be a very important question for her friend the bartender?

I totally agree. I also think her friend may not want to be truthful in her answers, seeing as she was a new bartender. I'm not sure about IN, but where I live, overserving can be very serious, personally, for a bartender.

I think what foxtrotromeo is saying is that it didn't sound like they were done closing up when the bartender noticed she was gone. 20 minutes is not a lot of time. If she came back to the VFW, what are the odds that they were already done closing up and long gone? I have started to have my doubts about the accuracy of the statements made by the bartender and others at the VFW. Even if they are not involved in any of this, not telling the truth can be detrimental to an investigation.

I still think it's enough time. There were three people there working on closing, and it was a slow night. I'm sure they had already started taking things down and cleaning and everything. I've closed restaurants before, and you do everything you can to get out of there quicker. :)

With that said, it's possible that 20 minutes is not an exact figure. The bartender probably wasn't paying that much attention to the exact times, because at the time, they had no reason to. They didn't know anything was wrong or that someone was about to go missing. So maybe 20 minutes is just an estimate and it was more like 30 or so. Also, I think the 20 minutes is the amount of time that passed between the sightings of Kristy's car on the camera, yes? We don't know for sure that she was even going back to the VFW.

Is it possible for the Seahawks fan and 49ers fan to agree? ;) hehe

At this point, I think anything is a possibility. There are many things about this that are just strange. If she stayed in town, I don't think she had an accident, because there isn't any place that she wouldn't be seen. An accident is still completely possible if she were headed out of town. Nobody knows why she would have left town, though. She had to work early the next morning, and according to people at the VFW, her plans were to go to another bar in town after the bartender at the VFW got off work.

I still think it's enough time. There were three people there working on closing, and it was a slow night. I'm sure they had already started taking things down and cleaning and everything. I've closed restaurants before, and you do everything you can to get out of there quicker. :)

With that said, it's possible that 20 minutes is not an exact figure. The bartender probably wasn't paying that much attention to the exact times, because at the time, they had no reason to. They didn't know anything was wrong or that someone was about to go missing. So maybe 20 minutes is just an estimate and it was more like 30 or so. Also, I think the 20 minutes is the amount of time that passed between the sightings of Kristy's car on the camera, yes? We don't know for sure that she was even going back to the VFW.

I see the logic on both sides. Unfortunately it's something that we just don't know for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734