IN IN - Kristy Kelley, 27, Boonville, 15 Aug 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, the FBI can, and will, come in to assist, but they have to be asked by the local law enforcement. Sheriff Kruse refuses to do that. There is no way that the FBI could come here and it not leak out like an oil strike with so many volunteers being involved in the search. News reports and Facebook posts refer to these FEW professional entities being here ONLY because they, themselves, volunteered to do so because the story has gone national. The Scales family and the sheriff are appearing to be running around in circles not knowing what to do other than asking the community to do the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. I am here. I know this case. And Mr. Scales is employed by the sheriff's department. He either is too concerned about "stepping on toes" to ask the sheriff to bring in the FBI, or, he blindly has complete faith in the sheriff finding his daughter. The same is true in asking for an entity like Equusearch to come in. Enough is enough. This is a human being who has been missing for FAR too long. This is serious stuff, and calls for immediate professional attention. When I called to ask how I could volunteer, one of the things suggested was to post flyers. After 21 days of Kristy being gone, there is practically NO business or light pole that does not have her picture posted. She has been gone too long for posters to be useful in finding her. The greatest chance in finding her, though not a guarantee, is for the resources of the FBI and the manpower of the military reserves to be utilized, and utilized NOW! Enough with the pleas and the posters. Get the professionals in here so that this poor family can have a greater chance of knowing where their sweet daughter is!

I certainly hope they aren't overlooking anything. Maybe they know what they are doing and there is a reason for how they are handling this. We can only hope.

Generally speaking, if they post a MP on their page, it is because they have been asked to be involved with the case. If they have a flyer for a MP, it is because they have taken the case on. There may not be teams of them out in the field, but that doesn't mean they aren't actively working the case researching, mapping, planning and everything else that goes on behind the scenes.

Hi SeaJay! I saw you made it earlier so thought I would join up. Looks like a few of us made it over here. There are about 3-4 of us from Erin's Thread here. Hope top catch up later tonight. This appears to be a strange disappearance as it is a small community and most know each other. Checked it before supper just to see if any thing surfaced. No luck so far, I guess. Hope this is better than Erin, but that is questionable considering how long she has been missing. Also with two children involved, I have disregarded the possibility she left on her own accord. This crazy stuff has to stop! World ain't what it use to be, sure nuff! Peace.

I'm with you, I don't think she left on her own. Her two little ones mean everything to her from what I've read. It is a small community and things like this don't happen there. The whole community has come out and is supporting the Scales family, trying to help find Kristy. She's got to be somewhere. I worry about the length of time she's been gone. If it was a simple accident, she should have been found by now. I'm thinking foul play, or something like a stripper pit, yet those aren't open and close by where someone could accidently drive into one.

Glad you joined us, as well as the other Corwin case sleuthers. We need all the brainstorming we can get. The locals are fabulous here, helping us along to understand the lay of the land.

I truly hope you are right. I really do. But there would be absolutely no reason for them to be involved and it not be reported to the media that they are assisting. That would be great PR for the sheriff, and great news to the community who is so very, very frustrated. But again, I do hope you are right. God knows Kristy deserves to have all resources utilized to find her.

Thrilled to hear that Joelle has been located!!! Woot! Woot!

About Kristy. I don't know why the family wouldn't leave no stone unturned, not take every avenue available to find their child. They need to utilize every thing at their disposal. They don't have to do this with just the community. It's a national story. Kristy is no only a daughter but a mother. She needs to be returned to her kids. IMO

Also, just as mind-boggling, the family has NOT actively searched out a professional search and recovery company like Texas Equusearch. They know their stuff, and have a high success rate in finding missing people. It is unacceptable and shocking that this family pleads for help, but yet does nothing at all to truly do all they can to find her. They believe that relying on local police and volunteers IS doing all they can to find their daughter.

Mind-boggling...

SNIPPED for brevity

with all due respect, Klaas Kids was indeed there on site today assisting....and they are well respected in what they do for the missing...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Klaa...r-Missing-Trafficked-Children/252896698060669
Snipped-
KlaasKIDS Search Center for Missing & Trafficked Children
9 hours ago
Our teams are spread out this weekend as we assist the families of Kristy Kelley missing from Boonville, In; Joelle Lockwood missing from Evansville, In and James Chambers missing from Fayetteville, NC. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers as we work with these law enforcement agencies, families and communities to bring resolution to these cases.

You should also be aware that some SAR groups can not come in many times if there is not some definitive area for actual 'on the ground' searching to take place by their team members...it is very labor intensive and costly to do such searching by professionals, and they are best utilized once a specific area(s) is determined to be methodically searched. There are many variables to consider and proper use of resources is important when making that decision.

You would think so, but that's not necessarily true. When Terrilynn Monette's car went into a bayou here in New Orleans last March, there was no oil slick. I don't recall the exact depth off hand, but it was no more than about 15-20 feet.

I appreciate the added details you mention tied to Terrilynn Monette's case. By mentioning the city, circumstance, and specifying when it happened, there's enough info to trigger my memory about the case.
Lately, just the name of a victim has been posted as if readers are familiar with every case on WS. We have the option of looking up a case using only a name but, while trying to catch up, it is time consuming if we want to know the comparison being made. :cheers:

oh and by the way...LE doesn't owe the public jack squat when it comes to an active investigation....they do not need to take a risk of compromising the investigation ...unless there is a crazed murderer floundering around, putting the community at immediate grave risk. IMHO, we as a society have become so accustomed to to instant gratification, via the internet, et al, that we often forget that law enforcement works on a need to know basis.

And another thing...at this point in time, bringing in SAR dogs is a moot point unless it can be ascertained that a specific area needs to be covered by an HRD K-9

I do recall Mr Scales saying that Mark K called him. I believe it was the Brad Byrd interview. So glad Joelle was found safe.

Heard some interesting news on this case, which I'm sure LE has already checked into.

As you know, I'm a local... and I don't want to step on any toes or start unfounded rumors, but I heard from two very reliable sources today that KK was dating a several people at the time of her disappearance. I also learned what the dispute was about at the VFW. Apparently KK was "flirting" with the male half of the couple she was with. Now, as I said, I heard this from two different people today and I don't want to flame anyone's reputation. Just thought it was interesting.

If things like this aren't allowed on WS, please remove this post. I just know we've all been speculating on what the VFW argument was about and I believe my sources are reliable.

I heard the same thing about the dispute.

oh and by the way...LE doesn't owe the public jack squat when it comes to an active investigation....they do not need to take a risk of compromising the investigation ...unless there is a crazed murderer floundering around, putting the community at immediate grave risk. IMHO, we as a society have become so accustomed to to instant gratification, via the internet, et al, that we often forget that law enforcement works on a need to know basis.

And another thing...at this point in time, bringing in SAR dogs is a moot point unless it can be ascertained that a specific area needs to be covered by an HRD K-9

I agree with all this. We don't know everything that LE knows, and they are not required to tell the general public everything. I would rather they remain tight-lipped if it will help ensure a conviction in the end, should this case come to that.

Also, I don't think family members can demand that the FBI show up and investigate.

That's the downside of a small town. People will support each other, but they can also be very quick to turn on each other and to bad mouth each other. I'm not sure such harsh criticism of the Scales family is warranted yet, when we really don't know all the details. :(

They just started a reward fund fund for Joelle. I wonder if that brought the tip?

I truly hope you are right. I really do. But there would be absolutely no reason for them to be involved and it not be reported to the media that they are assisting. That would be great PR for the sheriff, and great news to the community who is so very, very frustrated. But again, I do hope you are right. God knows Kristy deserves to have all resources utilized to find her.

I have personally known Brett Kruse for 20+ years. He is not the Sheriff for PR. He is a great man who has dedicated his life to public service. He is not arrogant at all. I am not saying his department is perfect but they have dedicated several men to the case. I wish the FBI were involved but I am also not privy to every detail of the case. The Boonville City Police have 2 men on the case & the IN State Police have at least 2 men on the case. Any of those agencies could call the FBI in if they felt it would help. I think the family is full of grief & despair. I am sure they have no idea what to do. I can't even fathom being in their shoes. Who knows if they even read the FB posts. I am sure they are just trying to get through each day. Instead of ranting, let's try to brainstorm where she might be.

So if she might have been talking to (dating) more than one man, could one of them be jealous? Surely texts & calls would have been reviewed & those men interviewed?

Maybe they do have texts and interviewing but dont have evidence yet of a crime.

I hope they are looking hard into the past few weeks at who Kk was communicating with. Maybe she could be with one of them.

I just posted this in Joelle's thread.
Two arrested in missing woman, Joelle Lockwood, investigation
Josh Allsopp
Posted: 09/07/2014 2:19 AM

Officials tell us that two are arrests were made Saturday night in the investigation of missing woman Joelle Lockwood.

Evansville police tell us that the arrests were made at a residence in Posey County where they believe Lockwood had been held since early July.

We're told that a man who visited the suspects got Lockwood out of captivity and brought her to Evansville. Lockwood was then interviewed by EPD detectives.

EPD says that any criminal charges will be handled by Posey County authorities.

More at the link

Normally, I'm very hesitant to suggest cases are related, and I won't just yet. Sure am looking forward to hearing more details, though.

BBM:

I just posted this in Joelle's thread.
Two arrested in missing woman, Joelle Lockwood, investigation
Josh Allsopp
Posted: 09/07/2014 2:19 AM

Officials tell us that two are arrests were made Saturday night in the investigation of missing woman Joelle Lockwood.

Evansville police tell us that the arrests were made at a residence in Posey County where they believe Lockwood had been held since early July.

We're told that a man who visited the suspects got Lockwood out of captivity and brought her to Evansville. Lockwood was then interviewed by EPD detectives.

EPD says that any criminal charges will be handled by Posey County authorities.

More at the link

Normally, I'm very hesitant to suggest cases are related, and I won't just yet. Sure am looking forward to hearing more details, though.

omg!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members