IN IN - Kristy Kelley, 27, Boonville, 15 Aug 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you all see this?

http://www.tristatehomepage.com/sto...-with-the-man-wh/12400/I36f5nXgDESOzk9JNpSurQ

I have never in my life heard of such of story! INSANE. If this wasn't so horrible, it would almost be a little laughable, given his intro, "Well, I was helping out my ex wife by giving her some of my prescription drugs and buying her some Jack Daniels..."

I was surprised though that Joelle went with one of the perpetrators to his house willingly, though obviously she didn't know what they had planned for her. They didn't just snatch her off the street, which is what I thought initially. But, just because she initially went with them to their house doesn't mean that a horrible series of crimes were not committed. Just because I go to a friend's house, for whatever reason, doesn't give them the right to hold me captive and violate me. The face that people are even suggesting this is ridiculous. The poor woman is most definitely a victim!

Maybe it is not a secret? I mean, us random internet people here on WS were able to find that info out pretty easily.

Maybe "keeping the spirits of the community high" is not the #1 priority for this family or for local LE? There #1 priority right now is probably finding Kristy. Which is as it should be. And I'm sorry, but the general public is not entitled to know every bit of information that has been found during an ongoing criminal investigation, no matter how much they may think they are. I think it's shameful that some people are turning on the family like this. Almost as bad as those people in the Joelle Lockwood pages saying that she might not be a victim because she willingly went with the people who held her captive. :gaah:

Yes, exactly. Also, LE could be playing it close to the vest because they are closing in on a suspect and don't want to spook him or her.

I've been wondering about this as well. I've thought for the last few weeks that LE probably didn't have much to go on, and they've been quiet because they don't have anything to share.

On the other hand, they are being SO quiet, I am starting to wonder if they do have a POI, but not enough physical evidence to arrest. The searches seem to be sticking very close to home, as if everyone is quite convinced Kristy and/or her car is still in Warrick County, and actually very close to Boonville. There may be more to this than just randomly searching the same places over and over.

Also, in regards to putting flyers/signs/billboards out continually, I do not think the point now is to inform the community. The majority of the people in this area are completely aware of Kristy's disappearance, what she looks like and what her car looks like. I was told that it is more about pressure at this point. Imagine if someone in the area knows something, or was involved, and everywhere they turn, they see her face. She's in every yard, every billboard, every telephone pole. She's in every business and every window. She's on the news. That might get to someone and eventually they could crack.

The searches also might be applying some pressure. You're faced with Kristy every day on Facebook, and on every corner in the area, and people are constantly searching the Boonville and surrounding areas and over and over. They've been riding ATVs, searching with boats, using drones, using SARs, using dogs...At any given moment, searchers can just pop up in your yard. That would be a lot of pressure on someone local that might be hiding something on their property, or who have hidden something in the area.

Did you all see this?

http://www.tristatehomepage.com/sto...-with-the-man-wh/12400/I36f5nXgDESOzk9JNpSurQ

I have never in my life heard of such of story! INSANE. If this wasn't so horrible, it would almost be a little laughable, given his intro, "Well, I was helping out my ex wife by giving her some of my prescription drugs and buying her some Jack Daniels..."

I was surprised though that Joelle went with one of the perpetrators to his house willingly, though obviously she didn't know what they had planned for her. They didn't just snatch her off the street, which is what I thought initially. But, just because she initially went with them to their house doesn't mean that a horrible series of crimes were not committed. Just because I go to a friend's house, for whatever reason, doesn't give them the right to hold me captive and violate me. The face that people are even suggesting this is ridiculous. The poor woman is most definitely a victim!
Joelle went to high school with the male perpetrator, so she probably thought he & his girlfriend were harmless. Horrible betrayal of trust, to say the least.

I've been wondering about this as well. I've thought for the last few weeks that LE probably didn't have much to go on, and they've been quiet because they don't have anything to share.

On the other hand, they are being SO quiet, I am starting to wonder if they do have a POI, but not enough physical evidence to arrest. The searches seem to be sticking very close to home, as if everyone is quite convinced Kristy and/or her car is still in Warrick County, and actually very close to Boonville. There may be more to this than just randomly searching the same places over and over.

Also, in regards to putting flyers/signs/billboards out continually, I do not think the point now is to inform the community. The majority of the people in this area are completely aware of Kristy's disappearance, what she looks like and what her car looks like. I was told that it is more about pressure at this point. Imagine if someone in the area knows something, or was involved, and everywhere they turn, they see her face. She's in every yard, every billboard, every telephone pole. She's in every business and every window. She's on the news. That might get to someone and eventually they could crack.

The searches also might be applying some pressure. You're faced with Kristy every day on Facebook, and on every corner in the area, and people are constantly searching the Boonville and surrounding areas and over and over. They've been riding ATVs, searching with boats, using drones, using SARs, using dogs...At any given moment, searchers can just pop up in your yard. That would be a lot of pressure on someone local that might be hiding something on their property, or who have hidden something in the area.

Press conference today at 1pm at studio bee for KK

Joelle went to high school with the male perpetrator, so she probably thought he & his girlfriend were harmless. Horrible betrayal of trust, to say the least.

No kidding. People are so sick!

Ha! Maybe my post has LE's ears burning. :p

They hadn't found anything as of yesterday when I left Studio B (the searchers) but that doesn't mean LE isn't going to release some info. Or, they may just say they still don't have any credible leads. I hope they have some info, though!!

I'm remembering stuff from forty plus years ago - lol!
My guess is, since WWII vets are old, these organizations are not as vibrant as they were at one time?
I ask/say this because we're retired military and my husband didn't seek out a club since retiring ten years ago.
Actually, I embarrassed myself when it dawned on me how little I know about the VFW and similar organizations.

If u look up VFW pasts and their rules it says.
One must be a member.
If your not a member u have to ge a guest of a member and that member must be on premises with the guest.

So LE must have a list of every person that was there that night!

If u look up VFW pasts and their rules it says.
One must be a member.
If your not a member u have to ge a guest of a member and that member must be on premises with the guest.

So LE must have a list of every person that was there that night!

We discussed this for a while in the 1st KK thread. You can be a member of the Ladies Auxiliary. Also if Bingo is open to the public they most likely do not make those people sign in if they pop in the bar for a drink during or afterward. In a perfect world yes there would be a list but this is Boonvegas- most everyone knows each other & not known for crime.

I will say although I have followed this case closely, I am still surprised at how many fliers I see. They are literally everywhere. Any Evansville business I frequent has at least one and usually more than one. I see them on cars, billboards, newsletters etc. If they are trying to make a local crack, they are well on their way!

Did you all see this?

It is not that unusual for couples to advertise on Craigslist or certain websites for a third person to join in their sex play. It is becoming more 'normal' in some circles, from what I hear and see. I don't know this from experience, I'm your average suburban housewife...(truly). I'm not judging it, unless it turns into something very different for one of the people. If that's what it was, and it turned out to be something a lot uglier for the victim, it does not make it consentual.

Joelle is 30 and the male perpetrator is 37 so I don't think they went to high school together. I think an article said they may have been acquainted because they were from the same town. The trailer she was kept in was only five miles from her parents house if I remember correctly. Whatever the case, I am so thankful that she was found and rescued!

Joelle is 30 and the male perpetrator is 37 so I don't think they went to high school together. I think an article said they may have been acquainted because they were from the same town. The trailer she was kept in was only five miles from her parents house if I remember correctly. Whatever the case, I am so thankful that she was found and rescued!
At the following link, it mentions that Sheriff Oeth said they went to high school together. Either House was held back for several grades or the Sheriff is confused (or the reporter misunderstood).
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...aring-belt-like-dog-collar.html#ixzz3Cjg7zDEU

Yes it is. I'll try to keep everyone posted about it. I know Evansville/vanderburgh county is now assisting in the search for Kristy.

Press Conference?
Oh, sorry, for some reason my page doesn't refresh when I post (like it did on the old forum). I see posts have addressed the PC. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE