Found Deceased IN - Kyran Holland, 1, Kyannah Holland, 2, Kyle Moorman II, 5, & dad, Kyle Moorman, 27, Indianapolis, 6 Jul 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don’t. I didn’t think to ask that and didn’t have the heart to ask if the babies were belted in. If I hear I will let you know.
Indy22 I personally want to extend my condolences and prayers to you and your friends/family. I’m so sorry all of you are having to deal with this tragedy. Because that’s what it is no matter how it happened. A tragedy! It’s heartbreaking for everyone who knew them just as it is for us here at Websleuthes that weren’t blessed to. Imo moo

I hope the family can find a narrative to explain this loss that will allow them to find closure. They know more than anyone what Kyle was like and what his state of mind was.
A person can be as close as they can be and think they know a person’s state of mind. But it’s not as clear cut as it seems. imo and from my own personal experience of raising 4 young kids by myself.I could put on a happy face every day. No one knew exactly how I was feeling. I covered it well. A lot of people can. It’s easy to pretend that everything’s alright and under control. I’m not saying that’s what happened here. I’m only trying to explain how difficult it can be from the inside. Not by being on the outside looking in. If you get what I’m trying to say. This tragedy can be used to help people who are single parents. How we respond to tragedy makes all the difference imo

I’m so sad to read this. Four lives gone, three of them had not even started yet. I wonder why he chose to bring them that night. I know we’re victim friendly. I just have a hard time seeing this as an accident, considering he didn’t bring Astma inhaler nor diapers, and said no to his sister wanting to feed the children.
Who says no to that when going on a trip with three small children unless they know it doesn’t matter if they’re fed :-(
It looks like his parents and siblings loved those kids, so it’s very tragic that they have to lose it all at once

It was previously stated something to the effect of he was supposed to drop one or two of the children off at his brother's house but never showed up.

Also, how far is the lake from his house? May not have been that far away.

I don’t. I didn’t think to ask that and didn’t have the heart to ask if the babies were belted in. If I hear I will let you know.
Thank you, I appreciate it. I absolutely don't blame you for not wanting to ask since the wounds to the friends and family are still so fresh.
Also, I appreciate that you came on here to give updates. I hope that the family and friends are surrounded by love and support during this tragic time.

Photo of car View attachment 354146
IMO it appears the car went into the water and then sank front end down (the engine being heavy). I think that may be what accounts for the heavy front end damage. At that point, the car may have rolled onto it's roof causing the damage there.

Thank you. I suspect you’re stuck w/me. WS has a great group of contributors and I it’s obvious posters here really care. As does Tricia! A very refreshing change from so many other SM forums populated by trolls and aspiring idiots.
I'm glad you are sticking around. I'm in southwestern Indiana and was not aware of the Moorman situation until I heard about it on Websleuths YouTube live stream. It's nice to have someone in Indy to bring things like this to our attention.

Has there been anyone come forward with any new info today? Has the family expressed what they feel happened? I know it's early and they are still in shock, but you are a source of truthful info, and I had to ask. Thank you.
Has there been anyone come forward with any new info today? Has the family expressed what they feel happened? I know it's early and they are still in shock, but you are a source of truthful info, and I had to ask. Thank you.
No public statements to my knowledge, but I don’t know what if anything they’ve posted on FB. I’ve spoken to several of them and indeed they are still in shock and heartbroken. I appreciate your interest and would likely be asking the same thing. But while we have discussed it a bit, other than their obvious sorrow I don’t feel comfortable sharing any of their personal thoughts. I’m sure when the time is right some of them will probably speak publically themselves. And if they do (as w/their MSM reported frustration w/LE) I may comment as well. If not, IMO they have a right for their personal thoughts to remain guarded. We all do, which IMO is something easy to lose sight of in this social media generation. I hope you understand and suspect you do.

Thanks for asking

Until or unless we have to face otherwise, I see a dad going night-fishing, bringing along sleeping babies. He didn't leave them somewhere unattended. Maybe the children were sound asleep so he decided against driving onward to his brother's, which would've awakened them needlessly. No battery so no way to call brother. Turned down a meal for the children? Meal = drink, drink = bathroom breaks. Makes decent sense.

If he drove the car right to his preferred fishing spot, he'd be able to keep an eye on the children.

Windows open for ventilation. Windows open to keep an ear out for waking children.

Car starts to roll...

Nightmare.

A series of not-unreasonable decisions resulting in an outcome no one could have predicted. Devastating.

How I wish we could rewind time.

JMO

Until or unless we have to face otherwise, I see a dad going night-fishing, bringing along sleeping babies. He didn't leave them somewhere unattended. Maybe the children were sound asleep so he decided against driving onward to his brother's, which would've awakened them needlessly. No battery so no way to call brother. Turned down a meal for the children? Meal = drink, drink = bathroom breaks. Makes decent sense.

If he drove the car right to his preferred fishing spot, he'd be able to keep an eye on the children.

Windows open for ventilation. Windows open to keep an ear out for waking children.

Car starts to roll...

Nightmare.

A series of not-unreasonable decisions resulting in an outcome no one could have predicted. Devastating.

How I wish we could rewind time.

JMO
<modsnip> This feels like a horrible accident to me. With a new car…maybe he never checked to make sure the emergency brake works…kids sleeping in the a/c while he fished. Car slips into gear. Ugh.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip> This feels like a horrible accident to me. With a new car…maybe he never checked to make sure the emergency brake works…kids sleeping in the a/c while he fished. Car slips into gear. Ugh.
I agree with this. Except it was reported that the car didn’t have AC, so that is probably why the windows were open.

And possibly one of the kids knocked the car into gear.

Last edited by a moderator:
No public statements to my knowledge, but I don’t know what if anything they’ve posted on FB. I’ve spoken to several of them and indeed they are still in shock and heartbroken. I appreciate your interest and would likely be asking the same thing. But while we have discussed it a bit, other than their obvious sorrow I don’t feel comfortable sharing any of their personal thoughts. I’m sure when the time is right some of them will probably speak publically themselves. And if they do (as w/their MSM reported frustration w/LE) I may comment as well. If not, IMO they have a right for their personal thoughts to remain guarded. We all do, which IMO is something easy to lose sight of in this social media generation. I hope you understand and suspect you do.

Thanks for asking
If there’s one thing I can say to you today ~ it’s thank you, for all you have taught me about your determination, compassion and dignity you’ve shown for this family. I look forward to working with you in future cases.

Last edited:
ap22194443662952_custom-9bb284da635259df3390fd0e28042ebc56190dfb-s1100-c50.jpg

Family and friends embrace as Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department investigators search for a father and three children on Tuesday in Indianapolis.

On Tuesday night, IMPD were on the southwest side of Indianapolis, searching for Kyle Moorman and his three children, who’d been missing since last week. They were found dead at a nearby lake. The Marion County Coroner’s Office confirmed their identities Wednesday.

IMPD held a media briefing on missing persons cases Wednesday. Prior to Wednesday’s media briefing, IMPD stated it would not accept questions about the Moorman family.

As for missing persons investigations, Commander Thomas says the most valuable information that you can give detectives is accurate information. That’s locations, descriptions, motivations – anything that can be proven and help lead investigators down the right path.

Commander Thomas says one obstacle detectives face is the time frame of a person’s disappearance and the actual missing persons report. If someone is driving a car, they could be out of the state or halfway across the country, says Thomas. Another tricky case is when someone has went missing on purpose.

“There are some circumstances where someone goes missing and doesn’t want to be found,” says Thomas, “and in those case, that person has a right to privacy. We have to respect that. So we may not be able to provide as much information about a location once that person is found.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva
Back