Found Deceased IN - Kyran Holland, 1, Kyannah Holland, 2, Kyle Moorman II, 5, & dad, Kyle Moorman, 27, Indianapolis, 6 Jul 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Deeply saddened over the outcome. Sometimes we read too much into clues and most times not enough. In my opinion, this was most likely an accident that occurred when the phone died.

We all live a life, we all make choices, usually they're unplanned and last minute. His plans were not last minute, so it seems...he was going fishing. I'm still trying to locate the facts but it appears he was going to go fishing with his brother late that night and drop his two youngest off at his brother's house to be babysat while they fished. But because I can't solidify that online story.... Then my opinion is he was going fishing late at night with his three young kids that he loved and took very good care of, he didn't bring a lot of supplies that we're aware of, because it was late at night and they would be sleeping. I don't even believe that this should even be a point of discussion or contention, it was late at night and he was just going fishing. What supplies would you bring for little kids if you think they're going to be sleeping? He was a young father, a single young father taking care of three young children. He was living his life.

I would like to add, and this is just my opinion, no offense to single dads or dads in general. But in my experience as a mother of three with many many friends with children, it is usually the mom or female figure who details and thinks of all the little things you might need. Guys in general are the doers, the workers, the problem solvers, they get the job done...and sometimes the little details that females are notorious for are just not part of the psyche of a man. Again just my opinion and no offense to any guy out there that reads this that's the opposite or that is very detailed and brings everything and thinks of everything that goes in a diaper bag or a bag.

Circling back to my thoughts, when the phone died. He was texting 2 females probably on a dating app, no big deal, very common and especially after covid and the shutdown of the world it is usually the way people meet these days. And with three small children he doesn't really have a whole lot of time to get out and date unless he's sure of the person that he wants to see. Anyway, he said he couldn't take a picture because the children were sleeping which is where I find the story confusing of what happened. Why couldn't he take a picture??? Was it because it was dark and the flash would wake the children up because he was in the car while he was texting? By him stating that about not being able to take a picture would not make sense if he was out of the car on the shoreline fishing as the light would not have affected the sleeping children in the car. So, In my opinion something happened after that moment. Perhaps he got out of the car to take the picture and by doing so something disengaged and the car went in and he went in after the car and the phone died upon immersion.........

This is a tragic, unimaginable, horrible outcome no matter how we try to figure it out. Especially for the mom/grandma, as I am a mother and a grandmother and I would be utterly devastated. She lost her grandbabies and her son. There's nothing worse. I will be praying for this family.

“Why couldn't he take a picture???”

That’s a nagging question for me too.

@Indy22 my thoughts and prayers during this tragedy for family and loved ones. I hope our questions are not bothering you or seen as criticism.
Thank you for being on here and sharing information.

Maybe his explanation was a two-step simplification. I've got a low battery, I've got my kids with me, i don't want to use up the last of my juice while I've got precious cargo. Quick answer: can't do it bc they're on board.

JMO

If that's a popular fishing spot, is it possible he drove there first, for the purposes of feeling it out? Found it unmanned and grabbed it.

I wonder too if his brother had duplicatw supplies. Maybe not the inhaler but a stash of diapers and clothes.

If the young'uns were already settled and asleep, maybe he adhered to the gold standard -- never wake a sleeping baby (or a sleeping teenager, unless you absolutely have to!)

JMO

If that's a popular fishing spot, is it possible he drove there first, for the purposes of feeling it out? Found it unmanned and grabbed it.

I wonder too if his brother had duplicatw supplies. Maybe not the inhaler but a stash of diapers and clothes.

If the young'uns were already settled and asleep, maybe he adhered to the gold standard -- never wake a sleeping baby (or a sleeping teenager, unless you absolutely have to!)

JMO
Still seems odd that he wouldn't text family to let them know he wouldn't be making it--the last text between him and the woman he was talking to was after midnight, so in theory, he'd been there for a while before his phone died.

Decided to go back to the beginning of the thread and look for anything I missed the first time. These quotes from an early article (before finding them) stuck out to me:

"The two girls he was texting on his phone while he was going fishing said he was supposed to send them a picture, but his phone went dead and that he couldn't get out of the car because the kids were asleep," said Hayes.
"Normally, he wouldn't take all of the kids and he was to supposed to have met with his brother and my oldest two granddaughters were going to babysit the youngest two. He never made it to his brother's house," said Hayes.
WTHR 13

First- they're somewhat contradictory quotes, but that could just be due to what I'm sure is the frantic state of a loved one speaking to a reporter during such an awful time.
Either way- it seems like his plans changed from what he told his mom when he picked up the kids. He was going to his brother's to drop off the youngest two kids, but at some point that plan changed. I think someone mentioned maybe this was because of them falling asleep so he maybe thought oh, ok, they'll just sleep in the car and I'll fish. But then, he couldn't take a picture because he couldn't get out of the car because the kids were asleep. A bit confusing, but yes, could just be a change in plans. I do think though that the fact that he was supposed to stop at his brother's house to drop off the two youngest kids could account for why he didn't take any diapers or food with him.

I also wonder about him picking up the kids from his mom- had he been out or at work, and came home to pick them up? I couldn't find anything to confirm his activity just prior to loading up the kiddos for the fishing trip.

Has anything been reported about what time his phone died? I know it last pinged after midnight, but curious as to what time it died, if they can tell.

This case is just so terribly sad, on every level.

Since it was night maybe he thought they would just sleep. Many young kids fall asleep as soon as they are put into a vehicle.

Drinks and snacks would lead to the need for trips to the bathroom.

JMO
But still, if you as a parent is up all night while your children are fishing, then when are you going to sleep? You obviously can’t the next day. And why bring them if they were supposed to be sleeping? There was adult supervision back home, but he woke them up, refused food, didn’t pack anything and just drove with them?
It’s not adding up for me and I don’t like it. I wonder what he was doing leading up to driving away.

If it's true he just bought the car, and had the windshield changed that day, maybe he had promised them a ride in the new car and thought going out to the fishing place would be a good nearby destination? I know that doesn't perfectly mesh with what family members have said, but there seems to be a lot of confusion and disagreement about what the actual plans were.

Since it was night maybe he thought they would just sleep. Many young kids fall asleep as soon as they are put into a vehicle.

Drinks and snacks would lead to the need for trips to the bathroom.

JMO
What's the point of them being there if they are just strapped into a car, sleeping in their car seats? Why not let them sleep in comfy beds while Dad and the older child went out to the pond?

I truly think this was just a terrible accident. Somehow the car went out of park and it rolled into the pond. He may have been asleep in the car with his children or out of the car when it started rolling in. Just tragic all around.

If it's true he just bought the car, and had the windshield changed that day, maybe he had promised them a ride in the new car and thought going out to the fishing place would be a good nearby destination? I know that doesn't perfectly mesh with what family members have said, but there seems to be a lot of confusion and disagreement about what the actual plans were.
I don't think the one and two yr olds cared one way or the other about riding in a new car. Or about the fishing trip either, if they were just kept buckled in the car seats all night. JMO

I
But still, if you as a parent is up all night while your children are fishing, then when are you going to sleep? You obviously can’t the next day. And why bring them if they were supposed to be sleeping? There was adult supervision back home, but he woke them up, refused food, didn’t pack anything and just drove with them?
It’s not adding up for me and I don’t like it. I wonder what he was doing leading up to driving away.
I don’t fish, but I do have friends who live on various small lakes around central Indiana, and some have lake homes on larger lakes in northern indiana. So I can tell you that night fishing is very, very popular and often fathers bring very young children, or entire families come out to night fish.

It has been beastly hot and humid here and people generally aren’t out fishing until after dark.

My former husband and I used to take our babies and toddlers with us to drive in movies. Yes, we could have left them with relatives but we knew they would sleep in the car so we just took them along. And we didn’t pack food or drink for them because we knew they would be sleeping.

Unless the investigation turns up other information I am not willing to condemn him simply for taking his children night fishing. MOo

I was kind of confused by that because them finding a baby bottle would indicate that he did bring something. Although strange to bring a bottle for the baby but not something like diapers. The more I think about it though and try to rationalize it, I realize it's a fruitless endeavor... I remember when my kid was a baby, and I only have one kid, I was extremely scatterbrained and would forget really obvious stuff at home all the time, especially if there was some unexpected change of plans that threw me off.
They are not even sure that was a baby bottle that belonged to Kyle's kids, according to recent articles. The family had conflicting opinions and none could say it was for sure one of theirs.

What's the point of them being there if they are just strapped into a car, sleeping in their car seats? Why not let them sleep in comfy beds while Dad and the older child went out to the pond?
We took our babies and toddlers with us to drive in movies, knowing they were going to sleep from the time we left home until the time we returned. We could have left them in their beds and had a babysitter or friend stay with them but we chose to take them with us.

Parenting decisions vary, the decision you or I make isn’t necessarily the same decision another parent makes.

Unless further information is revealed I believe it was simply a tragic accident.

Most modern cars (I'm fairly certain a 2009 model would fall under this category) need to have the brake pedal pushed down in order to shift the car out of park. At least with automatics. I'm not sure it's so easy for a 1, 2, or 5 year old to knock the car out of gear. MOO

ETA: It was also pointed out that the air conditioning didn't work in the car, so it may not have even been turned on. Making it harder to get the car out of park.

Last edited:
I don't think the one and two yr olds cared one way or the other about riding in a new car. Or about the fishing trip either, if they were just kept buckled in the car seats all night. JM

Depends on the personality of the kids, too. And Dad might have wanted the whole family to experience it together.

It's likely not relevant anyway. Everything points to tragic accident, as far as I can see.

If you haven’t slept all night and been up fishing and watching three small children - wouldn’t he be very tired and unable to work the next day. It was the middle of the week not on a weekend. Maybe he was used to working a second/third/night shift.

Upthread it was mentioned that the car didn’t have air conditioning.

Sleeping in car seat on a muggy hot humid night doesn’t sound comfortable. Maybe there was a good breeze that evening with the car windows down and no mosquitoes around the lake area. Guessing that’s not an issue around water in that region.

Last edited:
Regarding not bringing food, diapers and medicine etc. I think the comment from family is more relevant since they were reporting him missing after a few days. They didn't expect him to be gone several days and he didn't appear to take items to be gone several days. I took the comments more in the context of last we knew he was going fishing, he's been gone several days now, didn't take any extra clothing or food for the kids, and we haven't heard from him something is not right. Most people probably wouldn't even notice if he brought the normal items a lot of people take when going out for a few hours like a couple snacks and diapers.

My opinion only this is a very tragic accident that occurred while trying to do something relaxing and enjoyable. It's heartbreaking.

Regarding not bringing food, diapers and medicine etc. I think the comment from family is more relevant since they were reporting him missing after a few days. They didn't expect him to be gone several days and he didn't appear to take items to be gone several days. I took the comments more in the context of last we knew he was going fishing, he's been gone several days now, didn't take any extra clothing or food for the kids, and we haven't heard from him something is not right. Most people probably wouldn't even notice if he brought the normal items a lot of people take when going out for a few hours like a couple snacks and diapers.

My opinion only this is a very tragic accident that occurred while trying to do something relaxing and enjoyable. It's heartbreaking.

Oh, that's a good point. Puts it in an entirely different (and less worrisome) light.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva
Back