Found Deceased IN - Kyran Holland, 1, Kyannah Holland, 2, Kyle Moorman II, 5, & dad, Kyle Moorman, 27, Indianapolis, 6 Jul 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
<modsnip>
I am an adult with plenty of driving experience and a Safety Marshall for race tracks and a husband racer.
Donuts are not a safe and should be used only until replacement can be made. They are not made for any kind of long term.
It is not an unusual take. It is common sense.

<modsnip>

Yes, in general, donuts are not a replacement and are not intended for long term use. In this case, we don't know how long that donut was on there. For all we know, he put the donut on there the day before they went missing and was planning to get a new tire when he got paid again. JMO and please don't take this as an attack, just trying to point out the other side of the argument.

Last edited by a moderator:

Just curious why no Amber Alert was issued unless law enforcement believes that the children are not in imminent danger, even at that for them all to go missing is quite concerning regardless of the situation. Especially for children where minutes count. It would have been better to issue the alert a soon as possible and dismiss any notion of wrong doing or harm. Even if it were a custody situation DV can really get out of hand. There is always more to "The Story" that law enforcement doesn't reveal and it can be so frustrating not to just the general public but the family as well.
I had wondered about an Amber alert too.

This Amber Alert question was asked on a local news channel and the answer was that the father had full custody, was allowed to take his children anywhere he wanted without notifying anyone else, and there was no reason to believe the children were endangered.

<modsnip>

Yes, in general, donuts are not a replacement and are not intended for long term use. In this case, we don't know how long that donut was on there. For all we know, he put the donut on there the day before they went missing and was planning to get a new tire when he got paid again. JMO and please don't take this as an attack, just trying to point out the other side of the argument.

I think the OP was merely expressing there is a danger there could have been an accident because of the donut tire. <modsnip-reference was removed> Whether people think it's normal and do it all the time, depending on your car they are only meant to drive about 50 miles under 50 mph. Imo, it is legitimate concern that the donut could have caused an accident. Moo.

The fact he went fishing at 11:30 at night with 3 littles, as a parent, makes zero sense to me. Unless he had a tent for them to sleep in, what was the plan? 3 cranky kids does not make for a good fishing trip. Makes no sense to me.

The fact he went fishing at 11:30 at night with 3 littles, as a parent, makes zero sense to me. Unless he had a tent for them to sleep in, what was the plan? 3 cranky kids does not make for a good fishing trip. Makes no sense to me.

I fear that the little ones were asleep in the car and the car rolled or something. I feel like there was an accident of some sort.

I am familiar with the area his phone last pinged in. While not the most dangerous part of Indy, I don’t think I’d sit around in my car with children at 11 pm at night in that particular area. Especially with a dead phone. I am wondering about a possible carjacking. I certainly hope this is not the case.

Was the "lake" they were at public property? I can't tell if they were at the actual NE corner of Troy/Bluff which doesn't look like it would be public property... nor would I call it a lake... and then there's the Eli Lily Recreation Area which is an employees-only park that I think has pretty aggressive security. If the latter, surely there's security camera footage?

I get concerned when a person or persons are missing and the car is not found after a few days, especially near water and when it's dark. Many of us have been around here long enough to know cases where cars have been found in the water - some of us have even posted on cases where we've stated "check such-and-such body of water" and unfortunately been correct. I'm fairly local to this one (about 25-30 minutes NE) and my heart is just breaking. I'm praying constantly that they are all found safe & sound - and soon!!

I wouldn't do it either but not everyone parents the same, and in hindsight we all do things and later think " Well that was not one of the best choices I made. Not to mention he was a young father and he is probably doing the best he can and learning along the way. I'm not sure if he was hands on prior to full custody but if not this can be a challenging time for him. Unfortunately we all just wing it at this parenting thing and hope we get it right. I hope for his sake and his children they are found safe.

I get concerned when a person or persons are missing and the car is not found after a few days, especially near water and when it's dark. Many of us have been around here long enough to know cases where cars have been found in the water - some of us have even posted on cases where we've stated "check such-and-such body of water" and unfortunately been correct. I'm fairly local to this one (about 25-30 minutes NE) and my heart is just breaking. I'm praying constantly that they are all found safe & sound - and soon!!
I agree. It's very concerning.

The criteria are not met for and AMBER ALERT as tey are not in danger or immediate danger. (criteria are listed in a post on page 2) They may have issued a SILVER ALERT because the oldest has asthma and no meds.

I guess the family knows he didn't take the asthma meds from the house, but when one of my young'uns needed medicine for a prolonged period, I had a spare that I kept in the spare diaper bag that I kept in the car. I wonder if maybe he had a backup of some sort?

The whole thing feels to me like maybe he had something urgent and/or upsetting come up in his life and he thought being out with the kids would help him take his mind off of it?

I have many issues with all of this however my biggest concern is the 5 year old who has been without his asthma medication for several days.

Three things:

1. Maybe Dad had back up inhalers in the car in case of emergencies so maybe the child does have his meds.

2. Maybe this was supposed to be a short outing and Dad didn’t think it would be necessary to bring along an inhaler.

3. Dad knew in advance his son wasn’t going to need his inhaler.

Families know their members well. They know what’s out of character and what’s not. Everything is normal until it isn’t.

If you planned on taking your small children fishing in the middle of the night and then they fall asleep and you can’t leave them, why not go home? If you can’t do what you wanted to do in the first place - go home - scuttle the mission and try another time.

If he’s in his car and his phone battery dies, um phone charger in car? Plug it in.

Who are the two girls he was texting?

Why are LE NOT searching that lake? Why is the family doing this alone? What does LE know that we don’t? They know something.

All MOO

Donut tires aren't meant to be used as a regular tire, <modsnip - reference was removed> They are dangerous to drive on at highway speeds. If you can't afford a new tire, then you are increasing the risk of getting into an accident with a blow out. You may get pulled over for having a donut tire on, just like you get pulled over if your indicator lights aren't working or your brake lights. Having no other tire in the vehicle is a dead giveaway that you have been driving with a donut tire for a while. People don't get pulled over because they are poor, they get pulled over because their vehicles don't conform to highway safety standards.

I've read through the thread and it it seems that there is a tendency for the family members to overlook Kyle taking the kids out at night solely based on him getting custody of his children. Even though he's never done it before. I find that concerning because they've been missing for 6 days and counting.

Where did his brother live and how far away was it to his home? What time was he texting the two girls? Has that been established and how long after he left home did the texting take place? Should he have reached his brother's house around the time the texting took place? If he should have arrived at his brother's by the time he was texting, it suggests to me that he was not driving to drop of the kids.

I know younger people still have a tendency to text and drive even though it's illegal. According to this site, over one million accidents happen every year due to texting.

So while Kyle was texting his phone just went dead. Based on that info, it's possible that he had an accident, perhaps a single car accident, where he went off the road down a deep incline or even worse, into a water source. What I remember about Suzanne Morphew's home state, Indiana is generally as flat as a pancake, although Indianapolis is characterized on Wiki as an area of gently rolling hills and sandstone ravines with a minimum elevation of 189 metres (620 feet) above sea level to a maximum of 307 metres (1007 feet) above sea level. So ravines and deep ditches are a possibility. Some locals could verify that for us.

If Kyle didn't get into an accident and he turned his phone off, then a completely different scenario may emerge. For instance,
I think the baby bottle found at one of his favourite fishing sites might be a red herring. Is it possible Kyle threw it out of the car to delay discovery of his actual location? If Kyle was thinking of doing something out of despair then I think water plays a part. If it was me I'd be asking for people to be using drones to check out other water sites including the Eli Lilly Recreation park a little further west. Even though it's basically a private park for E. Lilly employees they do grant access to the general public several times a year. When reviewing images of the entrance gates it looks like you may be able to drive through after dark. Can a local verify this?

So I’m looking at the google map, viewing the body of water at bluff and Troy (where his phone last pinged). There only seems one potential entrance into the lake the truck could have made. Surely searchers checked it out already? So not sure if this is a possible scenario, with this particular body of water.

Was the "lake" they were at public property? I can't tell if they were at the actual NE corner of Troy/Bluff which doesn't look like it would be public property... nor would I call it a lake... and then there's the Eli Lily Recreation Area which is an employees-only park that I think has pretty aggressive security. If the latter, surely there's security camera footage?

I think it is what most may call a pond, but also it may be fed by Pleasant Run Creek from the White River. In the years I drove by there was always a fence located on Bluff Rd, but at the same time I am sure there are places to pull over near it that could be used. Based on the pictures of the search it is the one to the NE due to the lights that look like houses. Those road around there are pretty narrow and there are mostly businesses around to the south of the lake.

I didn't even know that Eli Lily had a private park.

I have many issues with all of this however my biggest concern is the 5 year old who has been without his asthma medication for several days.

Three things:

1. Maybe Dad had back up inhalers in the car in case of emergencies so maybe the child does have his meds.

2. Maybe this was supposed to be a short outing and Dad didn’t think it would be necessary to bring along an inhaler.

3. Dad knew in advance his son wasn’t going to need his inhaler.

Families know their members well. They know what’s out of character and what’s not. Everything is normal until it isn’t.

If you planned on taking your small children fishing in the middle of the night and then they fall asleep and you can’t leave them, why not go home? If you can’t do what you wanted to do in the first place - go home - scuttle the mission and try another time.

If he’s in his car and his phone battery dies, um phone charger in car? Plug it in.

Who are the two girls he was texting?

Why are LE NOT searching that lake? Why is the family doing this alone? What does LE know that we don’t? They know something.

All MOO

My phone charger doesn't work in my car. If I plug it into the phone, it says charging but it just kind of keeps it at the level it was originally at while more and more battery slowly drains away. It might just be my stupid android cause my girlfriend's iphone charges fine.

So I’m looking at the google map, viewing the body of water at bluff and Troy (where his phone last pinged). There only seems one potential entrance into the lake the truck could have made. Surely searchers checked it out already? So not sure if this is a possible scenario, with this particular body of water.
I'm not sure about the water at Bluff & Troy as I haven't been down that way in a while. White River runs from up by where I live (actually starts further up) and runs through Indy then continues on. There are also many subdivisions all around Indy with retaining ponds, as well as industrial complexes and various other places that have retaining ponds. Driving in an unfamiliar area at night can lead to ending up in one of those.

One of my friends has a home that backs up to a lake just north of Indianapolis where people can fish. It is supposed to be for residents only but it isn’t enforced so people drive in from other areas.

From her dining room windows we often see people fishing at night, often with young kids sitting on blankets on the ground.

Ice fishing is very popular in the winter, and we see adults with children sitting on the ice, fishing late at night. When she first moved there we were surprised that people bring very young children to sit on the ice, in the dark, for hours at a time to fish but found that it is fairly common.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmeyer
Back