IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it's still sketchy.. most definitely. For the record, I don't believe any of the statements made after about 2:45AM. And from what I can tell, LE doesn't believe them either.. It's also just kinda coincidental that there are no cameras anywhere around in the last hours of the night.. weird.
We know cameras in the area were working at 4:15 a.m. because at least two of them recorded the white truck. The problem is that Lauren does not appear on any videos that LE has reviewed, to date.

Live on sixth floor, mostly Kelley Biz School students, all guys.

IR
SS
JS
AM

No information on that at all. Just what I posted, these are young men who reside on the sixth fl of smallwood. they may or may not have been there that night,

I find it easy to explain - I may well be wrong but as far as I can recall, LE has not named any individual in connection with any particular point on the timeline. The naming has been done by the media relying on the statements of attorneys and others. If that individual is not CR, then MB is lying about their return to the apartment. MB has been polygraphed. I have little doubt that it's CR.
If LE has positively identified CR as the man in the alley video, but have refrained from revealing his name to the public, it's possible they're withholding the information on a request from CR's attorney. If CR has admitted that he is the person in the video, and his story checks out, why should LE release his name? What purpose would it serve?

We know cameras in the area were working at 4:15 a.m. because at least two of them recorded the white truck. The problem is that Lauren does not appear on any videos that LE has reviewed, to date.

you're right. I just meant in the area where the guys live. All the statements from about 3:00AM onward are so hard for me to believe. Especially the one about her leaving @ 4:15-4:30am.

He's the one that recalls LS because of her walking by or somesuch, yes? If not roommate, then neighbor.

and
ZO - friend of JW

that's who KT is. i've seen an MSM source indicating that he is a neighbor, which full-name googling should turn up easily. given his proximity, one would imagine there might be a good chance he's a POI, but if he did not have any contact with LS or others that night, perhaps not. i believe he may (or may not) fit the description of the mystery man, but again i'm not sure i believe the mystery man report is credible, or that there's any good reason to suspect KT of anything.

i think it's certainly safe to assume that ZO is a POI.

I am an attorney, but I don't practice criminal law. IMO though, the police have probable cause to issue search warrants, and arguably they have it to arrest certain POIs.

LE has mentioned that they have had numerous warrants issued in this case.

you're right. I just meant in the area where the guys live. All the statements from about 3:00AM onward are so hard for me to believe. Especially the one about her leaving @ 4:15-4:30am.
Gotcha. I hate the thought of any young woman in that situation walking home alone, but unfortunately, from what we've heard here from locals and students, it's not all that uncommon for that area.

Everyone should watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

I hate to say it but even if you are innocent, you should never talk to the police.
I just watched this whole video and it was very informative. Thanks for posting it. At about the 27 minute mark, the 'other side' of the story is told and this is where the video gets really interesting. A cop talks about all the tactics they use to build cases and discusses some of their tricks and towards the very end of the tape, he talks about how they can and do lie. One of the most important aspects of this video, is that it stresses over and over that being innocent and honest isn't always enough. In my daughter's case, a detective told her that she was' too honest...brutally honest'. We didn't realize you could be too honest, but whatever. MOO

Re the question about JR's roommates - it is my understanding that he had 4 (one of the units at 5NT is a 5-bedroom, though I don't know that this is JR's), that none of them are his fraternity brothers, and that all of them had left Bloomington prior to the night in question, ie he presumably had the apartment to himself, unless there was a subletter.

Snipped your post to respond to this in particular. JRs is the 5 BR if his mycase address from 11/10 is to be believed. CR is 2 doors east using the same method.

When it was said that they are a "new phase" of this police investigation, do you think that means that it just went from being a Search & Rescue mission (looking to bring home a live person) to becoming a Recovery mission (to find a presumed deceased body)?

Lilcheese wrote:
"When I looked at JWs behavior that's the first person I compared him to. If I remember correctly Brittanee's boyfriend's name was John and he was very involved in the searches, took time off of school, headed to MB multiple times, did interviews, gave every inch of information he had hoping it would lead them to Britt. While Britt remains unsolved John did everything you would expect a BF to do in the situation. JW took of a "few days" after LS disappeared stated one of the newspapers. I don't think LS and JW had the relationship everyone thought they did."

I don't necessarily trust the guy who searches for his girlfriend/wife.
LS' boyfriend had been clued in that she was hanging around enjoying a guy's "inappropriate attention". Guys have killed with less motive than that. Friends and relatives worry, while boyfriends and husbands get angry and sometimes violent.

Does anyone remember the case of Leah Walsh from Long Island? Her tearful husband led searches, handed out photos, and made impassioned pleas for her safe return. I was afraid to take the highway where her car was found abandoned after she sent a text to her husband that the car broke down before she disappeared. Later we found out that he had cheated, she was divorcing him, he killed her, and he dumped the body like garbage further up on the grass and his car had been spotted there. He later confessed. So don't necessarily trust the distraught-looking husband/lover who leads the searches and begs for her safe return. Sickening.
http://helpfindthemissing.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8221&page=11

By the way, I recall that a male from JW's house aimed a Porsche at a reporter camped outside his house and then veered away at the last minute. Anger issues, anyone? Maybe JW is a victim or maybe he is a Wolff in sheep's clothing.

I wonder if HT (LS's roommate) had a crush on JW and said things to cover for him.

Personally I'm more leaning towards JS disposing of an accidental overdosed LS instead of taking the chance of going to jail for manslaughter after providing LS with the drug that overtaxed her existing heart condition. He is probably sorry, but not enough to ruin his the next 10 years of his life. And I'm sure his parents feel the exact same sentiments, worried that their son was in the wrong place at the wrong time and then did something really irresponsible that he cannot undo. They will stand behind him because, at this point, nothing is going to bring her back (in this scenario) and they see no reason to let him take the fall for a moment of extreme stupidity.

When it was said that they are a "new phase" of this police investigation, do you think that means that it just went from being a Search & Rescue mission (looking to bring home a live person) to becoming a Recovery mission (to find a presumed deceased body)?

No. That term is used in cases of miners or people lost on mountains, based on the time frame they could have possibly survived. It isnt like the volunteer searchers were prepared to rescue LS from any extreme circumstances. I think that it is just LE babble when they dont have much to disclose. It is not a signal that they have given up on her being alive. Reality is, after a day or two, the chances werent good of her coming home alive.

Go to TonyGatto's two pieces of evidence post.

Look for the comment from IU student, on June 22nd, 2011 01:11 at 1:11 am.

Now, obviously, the person linked in this comment could be mistaken or even flat-out lying, but who knows. Indeed, it isn't terribly clear what his story is or where it would fit into the timeline. Someone in the media (not one of us amateurs) should see what this guy has to say... and I get the feeling that he may be willing to share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member