IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to TonyGatto's two pieces of evidence post.

Look for the comment from IU student, on June 22nd, 2011 01:11 at 1:11 am.

Now, obviously, the person linked in this comment could be mistaken or even flat-out lying, but who knows. Indeed, it isn't terribly clear what his story is or where it would fit into the timeline. Someone in the media (not one of us amateurs) should see what this guy has to say... and I get the feeling that he may be willing to share.

Yeah his story does seem to be kind of unclear. I think he's saying he had Lauren in his cab June 4th. He told police where he dropped her off. Police checked a girl out at that address who said she's not Lauren but she didn't have ID, at least that seems to me what he's saying. He also had a guy in his cab the night Lauren disappeared who said he saw her frothing at the mouth and that she's a coke head. And he says he's heard stories in his cab that Lauren has disappeared before. He says he gave the tip once to the police but doesn't want to become a POI by pushing the issue.

I am an attorney, but I don't practice criminal law. IMO though, the police have probable cause to issue search warrants, and arguably they have it to arrest certain POIs.

Exactly. One would think and hope that by now there would be search warrants for all POIs cars/apartments and DNA and other evidence already collected and analyzed if anything found.

I am an attorney, but I don't practice criminal law. IMO though, the police have probable cause to issue search warrants, and arguably they have it to arrest certain POIs.

search warrants maybe, but arrests? on what charges?

public intoxication? consumption of alcohol by minors? public nuisance? assault (the fight at one of the bldgs)? certainly no evidence any of them did any harm to Lauren that night.

if any of them were arrested, any cooperation by the others would vanish, even though I seriously doubt there was any vast conspiracy between them and I don't think any of them had anything to do with Lauren's disappearance.

Yeah his story does seem to be kind of unclear. I think he's saying he had Lauren in his cab June 4th. He told police where he dropped her off. Police checked a girl out at that address who said she's not Lauren but she didn't have ID, at least that seems to me what he's saying. He also had a guy in his cab the night Lauren disappeared who said he saw her frothing at the mouth and that she's a coke head. And he says he's heard stories in his cab that Lauren has disappeared before. He says he gave the tip once to the police but doesn't want to become a POI by pushing the issue.

Wonder if he can ID this person who claimed to see her.

I'm not sure about this, but I think there's a taxi stand around 6th and Morton, a couple of blocks from Smallwood. This may be the only place in B'town where someone can hail a taxi from off the street.

Sadly, this is one of those cases I feel has sunk slowly into the Western Sky.

Maura Murray, Kyron Horman, Brittanee Drexel, Natalee Holloway, Jason Jolkowski, Rachel Cooke, and SO MANY others, and now Lauren Spierer. Their cases seemed so solvable at the time. In the first few days. Now, despite absolutely heroic efforts on the part of their families and friends, they're gone forever.

With any luck, someone will crack and start talking in this case.

Just went over and checked for the comment, but I dont see it? was it deleted? http://tonygatto.com/ I just looked at all the comments and i dont see what your referencing, just curious.

I'm sure this was mentioned upthread(s). Was going back over the fraternity angle mentioned in the comments at tonygatto.com. Here's the link. Comment is from El Gato at 11:38 PM. Link

I then found this on from Fox59 on June 13th. Link

Friendships forged four years ago at the Alpha Epsilon Pi fraternity house on the IU campus may play a role in this investigation. It was at the AEP house that Spierer's boyfriend, Jesse Wolff, met Jay Rosenbaum. Rosenbaum is believed to be the last person to have seen Spierer at 4:30 a.m. at his apartment.

Thoughts? (edited by me to remove too much conjecture.)

Just went over and checked for the comment, but I dont see it? was it deleted? http://tonygatto.com/ I just looked at all the comments and i dont see what your referencing, just curious.

Here is the link that should take you straight to the comment...

http://tonygatto.wordpress.com/2011/06/21/two-suspicious-pieces-of-evidence-point-to-friend-in-case-of-missing-student/#comment-1057

The link to the cab driver's FB account is in there too. Some pretty interesting comments on his wall.

Attachments

• 5 North.jpg
    5 North.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 27
  • CR:MB apt.png
    CR:MB apt.png
    563.9 KB · Views: 27
  • JR apt.png
    JR apt.png
    709.9 KB · Views: 23
  • JR apt 1st floor plan.jpg
    JR apt 1st floor plan.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 28
Has it ever been said how many guys were involved in the altercation with CR? I think there was a comment that one guy named Z actually threw the punch, but I can't find the link.

I wonder why only ONE friend has talked with Lauren's parents. If LS & JW dated for two years I would think he would have a relationship with her parents. I understand not being active in the search if he is a POI but how about being there for comfort and support? Surely he needs it as well. I just don't understand his getting out of town. I have two sons his age and they would use their hearts/emotions before their brains/professional advise when it comes to their girlfriends!

I also feel strongly that LE knows way more than they are saying right now.

Having attended a large university known to be a party school, I think it is probably fairly likely that many of the students who would have relevant information are living a lifestyle they believe would shock and disappoint their parents. There are lots of good girls (and boys) who leave their parents' home as innocent can be, and spend 4 years behaving in a way that neither they or their parents ever would have predicted. There can be a lot of fear on behalf of the kids of revealing that other life to the parents, especially in families such as the ones here (higher socioeconomic levels). I would think that would inhibit some kids from coming forward, but it could also mean the cops have to keep information extremely close to the vest in order to gain the trust of other students who have information, but are afraid of what it reveals about themselves. With the media attention, too...I can't imagine having my private life during my college years shared and documented for not only parents and friends, but all future employers... Granted, some of these kids are already sharing it on Facebook and Twitter, but the ones who are more discreet, and have worked hard to keep the craziness of college under wraps...it could be intimidating.

...I can't imagine having my private life during my college years shared and documented for not only parents and friends, but all future employers... Granted, some of these kids are already sharing it on Facebook and Twitter, but the ones who are more discreet, and have worked hard to keep the craziness of college under wraps...it could be intimidating.

(snipped) I completely agree with this regarding the privacy. This may be a bit O/T, but from my experience, the kids involved in the partying life do NOT keep quiet about it. They are usually sneaky enough to keep it from their parents, but if you know how to dig, it's there - on the net. Most kids these days, either do not "friend" their parents, or they just have more than one facebook/twitter account. There is one for G'ma/Mom/goodietwoshoes friends, and another for their new party crowd. The first will often use their real name, while the latter uses some crazy/sill alias. It's SO common. While it may do a lot to protect their image with their parents and family, it does very little to protect their future. These kids have NO clue about what people can learn from them. Once something has been put on the net - it's there, and can always be found. In my former line of work, I used to work in the line of employment/recruiting. You'd be amazed at what I could dig up on applicants, using some quite simple strategies. While these kids use various aliases, they will often use the alias facebook e-mail address for another site. And that site often has a profile. Simply put, many of these kids are sneaky, but they really just aren't that "smart" about it. It's not that difficult to find "info" on someone and someday in the near future, there may be an employment shortage b/c so many applicants won't even get a first interview.

I'm sure this was mentioned upthread(s). Was going back over the fraternity angle mentioned in the comments at tonygatto.com. Here's the link. Comment is from El Gato at 11:38 PM. Link

I then found this on from Fox59 on June 13th. Link

Thoughts? (edited by me to remove too much conjecture.)

Yes, yes, and yes. This is probably why Hoosier Nat'l Forest was searched early on. And, there is further comment on TG's blog by Caring frat guy, on June 22nd, 2011 08:08 that is a real "wow" eye opener.

IDK if this has already been mentioned regarding "that cab driver". I apologize if it has.. but he makes some claims to have seen, even had LS in his cab on the night in question BUT on his public FB page, on June 3, he posts that he's out for 3 days with a kidney infection.... :waitasec: Attention seeker, maybe?

IDK if this has already been mentioned regarding "that cab driver". I apologize if it has.. but he makes some claims to have seen, even had LS in his cab on the night in question BUT on his public FB page, on June 3, he posts that he's out for 3 days with a kidney infection.... :waitasec: Attention seeker, maybe?

In his dreams. A lot of people want to have their brush with fame and apparently this is his.

Times Herald Twitter:

14 min ago
Police conducting a planned search along southern edge of Monroe County this a.m. That's why official cars seen along 37. #FindLauren

http://twitter.com/#!/theheraldtimes
Could that mean Hoosier Forest? Not exactly the southern edge, but close to 37.

ETA: Looking again, seems that is the southern edge.

that's who KT is. i've seen an MSM source indicating that he is a neighbor, which full-name googling should turn up easily. given his proximity, one would imagine there might be a good chance he's a POI, but if he did not have any contact with LS or others that night, perhaps not. i believe he may (or may not) fit the description of the mystery man, but again i'm not sure i believe the mystery man report is credible, or that there's any good reason to suspect KT of anything.

i think it's certainly safe to assume that ZO is a POI.

Just to clarify this post, it is my understanding (confirmed via sources such as http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/0...disappearance-indiana-college-student-lauren/, which also notes "a lot of cooperation" from POIs) that anyone to have seen LS that night is a POI. Therefore, ZO is certainly a POI, as would be anyone present at the Smallwood altercation, assuming it is correct both that he punched CR and that LS was present there as well (which is not 100% clear, but I believe to be the case). KT on the other hand would not be a POI if he had not seen LS, and we have no indication that he did. Note that it is my belief that neither was involved.

It is interesting, of course, that JW is a POI having not seen LS that night (to our knowledge). That, of course, may merely reflect the natural suspicion one would have of the boyfriend in this circumstance. [I should note that my suspicion of him has grown at least slightly, but my impression of others' perspective on him has not changed]

In thinking about who is and is not a POI, I went back to the 6/9 and 10 news conferences (7 and 8 did not turn up much of interest) and transcribed the following relevant to that question as well as related questions re the altercation and the alley video:

6/9 news conference (video - http://www.theindychannel.com/video/28183778/index.html)

circa 2:12: does not want to go into the altercation other than to say LS was not involved (this is repeated many times in response to many questions)

2:51-54
Q: How many POI?
A: I'm not going to say the exact number.

6:58-did not note (rough transcription; following up altercation questions)
Q: It's been reported by many sources that she was present, though she may not have been involved in it, gotten into an argument, maybe nobody put a hand on her, but she - it's been reported many places that she was there during this. You're saying she was not even there during the...?
A: I'm not saying that; I'm not saying anything further about it.

Re: the alley videos
8:21-9:17 (rough transcription)
Q: Has the person in that part of the video been spoken to in the investigation?
A: Yes.
Q: You previously mentioned 10 POI. Have all of them retained attorneys (indecipherable) one of them has an attorney?
A: Um... some of them have, and... Not all of them have, no.
Q: Are those 10 POI still all POI? Have you narrowed it down at all?
A: They are still all POI that, that we continue to talk to when they're willing.
[skipped Q re warrants not specific to POIs]
Q: (inaudible) You said "when they're willing." Are some of them uncooperative?
A: You know, everybody, at different times, either we can't reach somebody or, you know, they're not able to come in right when we need 'em, something like that (raised eyebrows to the side?), so, you know, we're still making appointments when we can.
Q: But they're cooperative?
A: Generally, yes.

6/10 news conference (Video - http://www.theindychannel.com/video/28197690/index.html)

circa 8:14-19 (rough transcription):
Q: How about those 10 POI; are all of them known to LE?
A: (Pause, sigh) Not necessarily

circa 9:18-38
Q: Have all 10 of the POI now been interviewed? You said yesterday you were still, uh, arranging interviews?
A: There are still some that have not been interviewed.
Q: Is that because they're not cooperating, or they just can't be reached?
A: No, I can't characterize it like that. To some extent, it's just because we haven't received return phone calls from a couple people.

Yes, it could. It's also near Lake Monroe. It's an easy drive out of town, gets rural and dark quickly. There are limestone bluffs on the way.

ETA: Looking again, seems that is the southern edge.

Lauren Spierer search today in southern Monroe county
Police and others turned out for a sweep of southern Monroe County Thursday morning, part of a planned process of searching for IU student Lauren Spierer, 20, missing for nearly three weeks.

Official vehicles seen along exits from Ind. 37 near Harrodsburg were part of the search, local officials said.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/23/news.qp-0048524.sto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member