IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the repeated descriptions of LS it does NOT sound like cocaine was her major drug of choice for the evening. More likely alcohol and another central nervous system depressant. She may have used cocaine to clear her head from those other substances however. Not uncommon.

(My snip.)

I agree, especially since JR said "...if I see you stumble..."

JR UPDATE Sorry, let me clear up a mistake. Not Bloomington Hills, totally messed that up. JR comes up in West Bloomfield and Southfield. WB comes up first and more often, thinking WB is home and SF is business tied to him or family member. Comes up as 23 years old with the longer first name, not the shortened one his friends have used. And, yes, this is RICH area!

In the comments I take it. (just don't have the time to look at them). Can you send it to me? Thanks.

Yes, sorry I didn't repeat that it was a comment on blog. I did mention that in my original post on page 9 (#225 I think):

Not sure if this is who you're asking about, but a comment on TG Blog (June 22, 08:16) says JR is from West Bloomfield, Michigan. Not sure where he is now, or if any other POIs are in Michigan.

http://tonygatto.wordpress.com/2011/.../#comment-1062

(The West Bloomfield info came from JRs State of Indiana Case Records.)

Ok, I'm wandering off topic now, but I've never done cocaine nor really been around it... It wouldn't mess up one's motor or perceptual skills? Huh.

Cocaine, combined with alcohol actually produces a very toxic and harmful chemical in the liver called cocaethylene. Most people report that when they consume both, they end up drinking in excess because the stimulating effects of cocaine makes them feel less "drunk". If that makes sense to anyone..

And while the effects of cocaine are stimulating, by the end of a long night of excess.. The combination actually produces a very strong coma like effect.

Cocaine, combined with alcohol actually produces a very toxic and harmful chemical in the liver called cocaethylene. Most people report that when they consume both, they end up drinking in excess because the stimulating effects of cocaine makes them feel less "drunk". If that makes sense to anyone..

And while the effects of cocaine are stimulating, by the end of a long night of excess.. The combination can actually produce coma like effects.

Add to that possible if not likely use of Xanax.

For reference, here's Port Washington, NY, where JW is from:

http://goo.gl/maps/E5Lr
Despite smaller property sizes, Port Washington is considered very wealthy as well. Most of the towns in Nassau county, Long Island are very wealthy and especially the ones closest to the L.I. Sound. This, and Westchester County NY (where LS is from) are two of the most wealthy areas within easy commuting distance of NYC.

The question - At 4:30 is LS coked up and raring to go, stumbling drunk, comatose, or dead?
--- any other possibilities?

Despite smaller property sizes, Port Washington is considered very wealthy as well. Most of the towns in Nassau county, Long Island are very wealthy and especially the ones closest to the L.I. Sound. This, and Westchester County NY (where LS is from) are two of the most wealthy areas within easy commuting distance of NYC.

Port Washington is not the toniest of LI. ftr

Do we have any reason to think that JR was not sober himself? And I would exclude cocaine from this, as that would not at all impair his ability to drive. Also, how many people do you know and trust well enough to call up and say, hey I've got a dead body and I need you to involve yourself in this very serious crime and come and help me out...
I am wondering if there was a second person present with JR and LS, as then that person would be involved already. I think that is slightly more likely than JR calling up someone to come and help.

That's a good point. I assumed that JR had been "partying" with LS at some point in the evening and that's why she thought his apartment would be a good place to party. But if cocaine does not impair the ability to drive, and that was all he did, he may very well have been okay to drive himself.

As far as the calling up, though, I think if someone were under the influence of anything, they would be unlikely to handle that kind of situation without seeking help/opinion/advice from someone they trusted, and/or someone else who had something to lose, which could be the person who provided drugs or the last person (before them) to see the individual who OD'ed.

Then again, trying to put myself in the shoes of someone who is trying to cover up an OD is kind of futile. If I am not the kind of person to cover it up in the first place, then obviously, my decision-making process is not going to be the same as that person.

What's up with this DR guy? I get a bad feeling about him, can't substantiate that, but I don't like him. What's his profile again? Where is he from?

But to provide some perspective, it appears he participated in the search - would they have allowed him to search if he was under suspicion?

http://www.indianas4.com/wxin-family-friends-search-for-missing-coed-20110605,0,847453.story

Apologies if this has been covered already.

http://www.examiner.com/criminal-pr...case-on-two-week-anniversary-of-disappearance

There's some useful info in the article linked above; there are also some errors. But the DR's criminal record is of note. Someone here at WS pulled a quote from his FB page about his mfg of fake ID's.

I didn't have an opinion of DR until I saw his Facebook page. He has an open wall. He doesn't post too often, but when he does, many of his posts are very vulgar. Furthermore, his friends who comment back (none of whom are known PIOS), are just as vulgar. One of his posts was nonsensical (to me, at least), as though he was under the influence of alcohol/drugs while writing or maybe just trying to be funny. If the latter, I don't get his sense of humor, but his friends seemed to enjoy it, so who knows.

He did post something nice about LS, but right above it was another post with profanity about something unrelated.

FWIW, my opinion of DR is that he is not involved. He may have been the drug connection (which means in some way he is involved). There is an MSM interview with him where he is participating in the search with some of LS's female friends. I had a good feeling about him. your mileage may vary!

This is an example of a property which I believe is in the area JR's family lives. I could be wrong, of course:

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/6704-Watercroft-Ct-West-Bloomfield-MI-48322/2128013178_zpid/

A house like that in other parts of the country, CA, MA, etc. might be assessed at 4+ times as much.

I mean this question very respectfully.....

Can someone please explain why it matters how much money any of these POI's have? The only thing I can think of, is perhaps it explains why/how he can afford such a high-powered attorney. But even at that, these listings are $500 K homes. Homes in my area are 1/2 the size and priced higher. I know that very few of my neighbors who could afford an attorney of this caliber. Property value doesn't mean much IMO to show a person's wealth. I guess it's all relative. I'm just wondering though, if there is reason to be curious about their incomes - something that I may be missing. Are you assuming that because the family may have $, he may be better suited to buy drugs? If so, I'm not sure that's a consideration. The kids pushing drugs in many communities, come from FAR FAR FAR less than what JR may have had growing up. As an aside, I wouldn't begrudge anyone from getting the best attorney that they can afford (or even one they can't afford). If I were in his parents' shoes, I'd be forking out ALL that I could to help my son - remember that we're presumed innocent until proven otherwise. This is their son. Unless he has come forward with a confession to them, they are probably assuming he's innocent and wanting to help in any way they can.

Again - who is DR? I don't find him in any of the "initial set explanations"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member