IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking, and by the way I am actually partial to the LI guy, that JW had just graduated and was experiencing that transition while also losing his gf. What might this do to his state of mind?

What may I ask has this to do with Lauren missing?It doesn't matter if his name is Jose Baez.What has this got to do with it.?

Just trying to establish facts. Having the correct name of an attorney to one of the POIs helps in searching on the interwebz. It also seemed odd that such a mundane thing would be so commonly misreported.

An excellent point.

The only thing would be if he got someone else to do it for him, but really?
Why would someone else, who wasn't present, and is only getting themselves into trouble, go out of their way to help JR?

Man, I probably sound like a flip flopper on this one.
One day going after JR, then another day going after JW, and HT sometimes too.

I just have problems with all of their stories, none of them add up.

Could they have all been partying together? Maybe JW and JR were enemies, then that would make two competing theories where only one can be right.

I just wanted to point something out. I keep seeing people say that LS couldn't have gotten very far with no shoes, etc. However, after Kilroy's didn't she go back to her apartment for about 10 minutes (when the fight happened)? I am almost certain she would have gotten herself another pair of shoes. That probably the reason for going back to her apartment complex.

1. LS may have had an extra phone, the pre-paid type that cannot easily be tracked. Did someone advise her to buy one with cash? Or she may have been aware of a pay phone somewhere.

2. We do not know if she were actually intoxicated at 4:30 am. The booze would wear off, and some of these reports seem to be just rumors.

3. The shoes could easily be replaced. As I mentioned before, $2 for some flip-flops. Of course, she would have to wait until stores started opening.

4. The money? Certain groups can often provide money for people who they are recruiting to join.

5. Maybe the items "lost" are items she was careless with, because she felt that she no longer needed them. She didn't need the old cell, the keys, the (probably stylish) shoes.

6. She looks very happy as she leaves Smallwood; a sense of joy and relief? As though she were quitting something.

7. As I posted before, maybe the "going-out" was just a way of saying goodbye.

8. Many people are up for work at 4:00 am. Not impossible that someone was available & able to give her a ride at that time.

And, I do realize that nothing is proven by these observations and guesses. But possibly investigators could look for any ties LS may have had to "anti-modern" groups, whether political or religious, and not necessarily located in IN. Just a suggestion.

I see what you are saying,and would be a better outcome.but she would have to be a very cruel person to put her parent's through this.I don't see it happening

Thanks for your on-the-ground perception and judicious take. I'd like to get a little behind the above, however. HT saying that the person who made the call was LS presumably is relating JR's story to her - clearly he spoke to her after 6/2, presumably upon her inquiry into LS's disappearance. I believe the attorney representing DR in a separate matter has said that he received a 4:15 call, but doesn't know who made it. Presumably, this is because the call was identified as coming from JR's phone, but the attorney doesn't want to say JR was making the call if he can't say that for sure, in light of JR's allegation, via HT. Do I understand correctly that these are the two sources and JR has never said anything to LE (or are the sources you mention yours?) about the call?

Yes. Ronald Chapman is the attorney and he is representing MB in this case, but has represented DR in the past. He says DR received the 4:15am call and he was sleeping so didn't take it. (Please don't start a long string of speculation on whether there was a voicemail left, we just don't know, but seems unlikely) HT also talks about the call to DR, but goes into detail about how it was made from JR's phone, but that it wasn't DR, but LS making the call.

If they did the same amount of drugs it would not necessarily effect them in the same way. This is clear from the fact that in the scenario she would have OD'd and JR would still be living. Every substance is going to hit a 90lb person harder than most average people. The idea that drugs, especially cocaine, would proclude someone from doing someone from accomplishing something (especially when their entire life depends on it) is false.

I just wanted to point something out. I keep seeing people say that LS couldn't have gotten very far with no shoes, etc. However, after Kilroy's didn't she go back to her apartment for about 10 minutes (when the fight happened)? I am almost certain she would have gotten herself another pair of shoes. That probably the reason for going back to her apartment complex.

Never went into her apartment. CONFIRMED. Was in the building but never made it into her apartment.

Disclaimer - I am a currently unemployed scientist, and completely uninvolved in this case. In case anyone cares! Proving something scientifically is even worse than proving it legally!
:fence:

If you've ever seen an attorney try to qualify an expert witness (like a scientist) in court you'll understand how true this is.

I posted that only because others here were trying to get a sense of where the family lived.

I wanted to help since I had seen it before.

I don't care about money. It's often irrelevant unless it's the motive for a crime, or if a problem with it is the cause for crime.

I do, however, enjoy looking at houses and neighborhoods to imagine if they would be places I would want to live.

I totally agree with you - I love looking at houses and neighborhoods too. I quoted your post, with the house, as an example. I maybe shouldn't have b/c my reply was meant to be a generic question. I hope you didn't think I was being snarky b/c I wasn't meaning to be.....I was sincerely interested in why some seem to "care" that he comes from money. I guess I just found it irrelevant, so I was wondering if I was missing something - genuinely interested. I just used your post as a "lead in" to my questions but I didn't take that you cared, nor not cared about money. I took your post to be just more informative. THanks.

Personally, I believe this is magical thinking but it is the preferred ending three weeks into this.

Consider the Elizabeth Smart case. People never gave up searching for her, even outside of UT. Several months later, someone recognized her in CA & reported it to the police.

Posters will often state that LS cannot be alive, because she would have called her parents by now. ES apparently had had opportunities to contact her parents, but didn't. Sometimes people are manipulated to behave in a way that one would not expect.

LS being alive is not impossible, however improbable it may seem to some observers.

The idea that drugs, especially cocaine, would proclude someone from doing someone from accomplishing something (especially when their entire life depends on it) is false.

Yep. The right amount of cocaine can even make you do stuff better or quicker. I am not saying he somehow hid her body very well because of coke or anything, but him possibly being on cocaine does not make him incapacitated.

Yes. Ronald Chapman is the attorney and he is representing MB in this case, but has represented DR in the past. He says DR received the 4:15am call and he was sleeping so didn't take it. (Please don't start a long string of speculation on whether there was a voicemail left, we just don't know, but seems unlikely) HT also talks about the call to DR, but goes into detail about how it was made from JR's phone, but that it wasn't DR, but LS making the call.

So then how does the 3:38 sighting play into this senario?

Police have said she was barefoot from the start, so I don't think she went into her apartment.

I see what you are saying,and would be a better outcome.but she would have to be a very cruel person to put her parent's through this.I don't see it happening

People can be manipulated to behave in a way one wouldn't necessarily expect.

yeah, you would think. But LE has pretty much told us that she never entered her apartment. Most likely because of the brouhaha with ZO and company.

Can someone please explain this to me? If the attorney represented DR in the past, can he still represent MB now? What if DR turns out to be a "murderer", who claims that MB assisted him? Wouldn't this be malpractice for Chapman to represent a client who's being accused of something by a former client? Something like this could be a potential problem for him so I'd think he'd likely want to bow out now.

Just speculation -- I've read that LS met CR at the Indy 500 a few days prior to her disappearance. Maybe she liked him and told JW she wanted to break up because she met someone else. She was in school for the summer and I believe JW wasn't. Maybe CR was and I'm sure someone on here can say for sure. I should just take notes. MAYBE JW and/or his friends blamed CR for moving in on LS and this could be the reason for the fight at Smallwood. Maybe one of JW's friends caught her walking down the street alone after leaving JR and fatally injured her in the heat of the moment. It makes more sense that it would be prior to 4:30 but it wouldn't make sense for JR to say he saw her walking down the street and putting himself as the last "known" person to see her. At this point, I'm not ready to give JW's friends a free pass. JMO

Yes. Ronald Chapman is the attorney and he is representing MB in this case, but has represented DR in the past.

I hadn't picked up on that. Very interesting. While CR's attorney seems to be a bit of a big fish locally, I believe his office is located just blocks from their place (perhaps unsurprising given the compactness of downtown). It's struck me that CR and MB may have just gone looking for, or been found by, the closest lawyers at hand, as DR might have as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member