IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there not any other women friends hanging out? That is odd, LS and all the guys. I hung out with more guys in college most of the time, but there was ALWAYS 1 or 2 other women in the group, at least in and out...

I wonder if the behavior described was unusual for LS, or if she did it regularly? Maybe she normally hung out with her boyfriend.

I wonder if the behavior described was unusual for LS, or if she did it regularly? Maybe she normally hung out with her boyfriend.

well we did hear that she and HT hung out at JRs a lot together didn't we?

More off than "pointed, rounded sideburns" ?

*Sorry, Tony, just have never understood how that description is possible.

The description is possible because it was provided by the witness. Whether she is right or wrong neither of us knows. I don't know why you say sorry Tony, as if I have any control over the facts I gather.

I wonder if Mr Sideburns could have been hanging out at JRs as well

The description is possible because it was provided by the witness. Whether she is right or wrong neither of us knows. I don't know why you say sorry Tony, as if I have any control over the facts I gather.

Said that because you printed it and are not immune to including errors. I've definitely since been shown the error of my thinking. Apologies.

Are there not any other women friends hanging out? That is odd, LS and all the guys. I hung out with more guys in college most of the time, but there was ALWAYS 1 or 2 other women in the group, at least in and out...

I have heard the police say many a time it is never a good idea to be the only woman in a group of men from a safety point of view.

Well Mr. Gatto observed the press-conference and accepted that police discount the "mystery man." So why insist it could have happened?

I am a little confused by that too. It feels like people are trying to force this to be true when it has been discounted, but I don't get why? High profile cases get so many mistaken or false tips. Why has the 338 one gained so much traction? I may have missed something-work for me has been busy lately so I haven't been able to read every page.

All posters are allowed to explore the theories they choose to explore. LE is not always up front with the media or the public, especially if they think it will hurt the investigation. All possibilities are on the table until there is concrete evidence of what has happened.

Please allow the other posters to discuss as they wish. You may skip the discussion if you like. There is no rule that says you have to agree with every theory on the table - but there is a rule that says you may not tell others how to post. If you disagree with the post, scroll on by, pass it up, move on. It will all be okay. State your own theories and your own interpretation of the facts.

Thanks,

Salem

I have heard the police say many a time it is never a good idea to be the only woman in a group of men from a safety point of view.

During college I was pretty much a fixture in my BFs suite. And I hung out with all the suite mates (5 other guys). But I can't remember a time that someone else's girlfriend wasn't around at the same time too... I in no way would have felt unsafe - some of the suite mates are still close friends of mine to this day - but it just would have been weird, very much so. And I pretty much lived there. Now this set-up, LS goes there. Without another GF with her?? Even that is odd. I am highly suspicious that there are quite a few people that are still flying under the radar in this tale, and that is going to include some women friends...

Why LE doesn't not have cell phone records on every single person having any contact with LS that night is puzzing if not shocking to me. That would most certainly narrow the group down. Why there are NO cadaver dogs searching every car and apartment that LS apparently went to that night is shocking to me. Call everyone of thos POI's in, bring in their cars, line them up and send the cadaver dogs off. Then go to each and every location that she was apparently at and let them have at it. IIRC cadaver dogs were used in the Caylee case early on, hitting the trunk of the car, the sandbox and the playhouse. That is something that doesn't go away. If if was an accident and she was moved at least get a dog out there to find out where the accident happened and WHOSE car moved her. That's a start huh? LE spent so much time on a white truck while all these POi's lawyered up and went home to mommy and daddy while LS's parents are still waiting for their daughter to come home. Time to open up a can of whoop azz and narrow this group down. I fear this case going cold. WHY have they not brought in the dogs? Start in her apartment and go with the known timeline. So puzzling... so sad, so much time passing and these poor parents going to bed every night with no answers while a bunch of little brats and their high priced attorneys sit at their lake houses having a good ole summer. Someone needs to rattle a few cages. I'd start with JR and JW. I'd make darn sure they're not sleeping well at night.

Sorry, but I see the "thin" and "pointy" in this pic, but not the "rounded" part of the witness' description.

I was really confused by that as well. Think "curved" as in "curved inwards" instead of rounded.

The fact that they aren't doing all that makes me wonder if maybe they have their theory and some of the evidence they may need and are just waiting on something to make some moves. Or they are waiting for cell phone records. I have heard that they sometimes can take a long time if they have to go through the phone company.

All posters are allowed to explore the theories they choose to explore. LE is not always up front with the media or the public, especially if they think it will hurt the investigation. All possibilities are on the table until there is concrete evidence of what has happened.

Please allow the other posters to discuss as they wish. You may skip the discussion if you like. There is no rule that says you have to agree with every theory on the table - but there is a rule that says you may not tell others how to post. If you disagree with the post, scroll on by, pass it up, move on. It will all be okay. State your own theories and your own interpretation of the facts.

Thanks,

Salem

Hmmm, I feel like there is a big misunderstanding. I never, ever, ever meant to come across like I was telling people they are not allowed to have an opinion or "telling people how to post"-I just thought we were discussing and bouncing ideas off each other in order to come up with the most plausible solution for where Lauren is. I also honestly thought I missed something because when I left off reading the site everyone was treating the 338 sighting as a rumor and when I came back (tonight) people seemed to be taking it as fact. I genuinely thought I missed an article or press conference or police statement or something that would have helped move the sighting more in that direction, and was curious.

I apologize that I came across very different than I had intended and that what I felt like was a lively discussion hopefully getting us closer to an accurate scenario was seen as me attacking people. I apologize to those who felt attacked or like I was telling them they weren't allowed to post. Perhaps I really need to work on my tone online :(

You'd need a subpoena.

This was in response to elo's post about phone records through the phone company.

Am still catching up but just wanted to post gitan1's reply to my asking about getting search warrants where JR is concerned..(she is a verified lawyer)

Criminal law is not my area of expertise but I am almost 100% certain they can do a search warrant. His attorney can do a motion to quash it but this is a criminal investigation, he was the last person to see her and his account of the last time he saw her is fishy. So, it would seem that any privacy rights he may have would be overcome by the necessity of the information sought in the context of the criminal investigation.
Of course, LE will first see if he agrees to give them access to his records voluntarily. If he does not, red flags should go up leading to more of a need to subpoena his records or search his premises, car, etc.

So my question is with him in Michigan how are things such as car search warrant being executed?

If they're not then it's likely Jay's not our guy.. Why else would LE not be immediately searching these items..

Regarding a search warrant for the premises, I'm wondering if they even need to get an okay through JR or his attorney. Couldn't any of his other roommates or even potentially the landlord/property owner grant them this?

I think it is possible "sources" meant the blog report not other witnesses.

Wasn't it was Scott Peterson that called Laci's parents stating that Laci was missing? that term "missing" and the call to the parents was scrutinized in this forum IIRC as being too premature to state "missing" when he had no idea how long she had been gone for. Ironically, it's the boyfriend that calls the parents and says LS is "missing." Now if I were making that call, my choice of words might have been, she didn't come back to her apartment last night, she didn't stay with me, and I've been calling all over, I just thought you might have heard from her, I'm a little concerned, she had a lot to drink last night and you know with her medical condition... a very telling choice of words. Missing. I'd like to see his phone records. Did he have her phone and call everyone in it to see if maybe she crashed somewhere? A declaration of missing is a strong choice of words unless he canvassed every place she had ever been, but then again, he didn't know.

Regarding a search warrant for the premises, I'm wondering if they even need to get an okay through JR or his attorney. Couldn't any of his other roommates or even potentially the landlord/property owner grant them this?

Anyone who lives there could, though it might get a little questionable (from a legal standpoint) if, say, JR's roommate let LE in and allowed them to search JR's room.

The property owner cannot allow LE to search an apartment that's currently being leased by someone without that person's consent.

Thank you for all of your insights, bunnyesq!
I also wonder who JR's roommates are or if they currently even have leases.

Anyone who lives there could, though it might get a little questionable (from a legal standpoint) if, say, JR's roommate let LE in and allowed them to search JR's room.

The property owner cannot allow LE to search an apartment that's currently being leased by someone without that person's consent.

Thanks. I'm not doubting you on the latter, but I do know it's written in my lease that the landlord can enter my premises at any time (providing sufficient notice). Not sure if that is in conflict with what you said though.

In regards to a vehicle search, can the owner/title holder grant an okay on the search to LE in lieu of the driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
california_girl