IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe I read a post as well from either a former IU student or a local that the WH establishment is frequented by police officers during those hours.

I'm not sure what the rules here are about posting names of sex offenders but there is one who works at the Waffle House. If this is inappropriate, Bessie please delete.

Captain JQ stated at one of the news conferences that all of the registered SOs had been checked into and accounted for.

The reviews make it seem like an after bar munchy place. An abductor is not going to race out of the place to get her. It just seems like a place where people might be inside or outside at that time in the morning. They could of been in the vehicle in the parking lot, but i don't know where the parking lot is. Also such places are places where people meet up to do deals or meet, because they usually have random customers and nobody looks twice at them. JMO

I've suspected something was not right between Lauren and her boyfriend.
Apparently, a lot of the IU kids seem to think she was cheating on him, but they may or may not know anything at all.
Just rumors / speculation, but regardless, I do think something was not right in that relationship.

Now let's go down that road a bit ...

If you know your g/f possibly spent the night with another guy, would you go to the police the next day because you can't find her?

That seems like something that would definitely not happen.

According to the official story, JW sent texts to Lauren's phone on Friday, and when he found out the phone was left at the bar, he got worried and went to look for her at her place. There, HT let him into the room, or gave him keys to get in there (depends on the story) and when he didn't find her there either, he called police.

Anyone else find that none of this adds up at all?

Why would you immediately assume she was missing? Especially if she possibly spent the night with another guy?

Is anyone out there talking about abduction? Any friends (w/o lawyers), any parents, student body, local officials, campus administrators, other residents?

I assure you that there have been extensive searches outside of Bloomington. As searchers we sign a disclaimer stipulating that we do not discuss where we search or what we find there. Additionally, we are not told where other search groups go or what areas have already been searched. Once in a while, we will be told that we are covering previously searched territory, but that's it. For the most part, the areas in Monroe County that people repeatedly mention as high priority areas that need to be searched have already been taken care of. They just are not discussed outside of a certain room in the search headquarters.

Someone asked about searches being done between Bloomington and Indy....I so agree with this. Long-time Local, maybe there has been some searching done outside of Bloomington and understand that you can't talk about it. But someone going to Indy, would most likely come up 37 or I-65. I think they should search all rural exits off 65 between Columbus and Indy. Personally, I live between Bloomington and Indy, and there are tons of places just off I-65 that could have been used. Also, they should search Camp Atterbury, and also another rock quarry called Meshberger Stone which is on SR 252 east of I65. There was a big marijuana bust there a few weeks ago. A drug operation was growing on the property of Meshberger Stone. Just some ideas that I feel warrant some professional searching.

The reviews make it seem like an after bar munchy place. An abductor is not going to race out of the place to get her. It just seems like a place where people might be inside or outside at that time in the morning. They could of been in the vehicle in the parking lot, but i don't know where the parking lot is. Also such places are places where people meet up to do deals or meet, because they usually have random customers and nobody looks twice at them. JMO

She would have been noticeable going home alone at night.
Barefoot, long blond hair, tiny.

The boyfriend might have not been the one to report her to the police.
At least in some of the reports, her friends reported her missing to the police.

Apparently, a lot of the IU kids seem to think she was cheating on him, but they may or may not know anything at all.
Just rumors / speculation, but regardless, I do think something was not right in that relationship.

If you know your g/f possibly spent the night with another guy, would you go to the police the next day because you can't find her?

According to the official story, JW sent texts to Lauren's phone on Friday, and when he found out the phone was left at the bar, he got worried and went to look for her at her place. There, HT let him into the room, or gave him keys to get in there (depends on the story) and when he didn't find her there either, he called police.

Why would you immediately assume she was missing? Especially if she possibly spent the night with another guy?

I can see your point, and then I would ask the roommate who she had been with last night and then called that person or another of that persons friends before immediately assuming that she was missing. Or am I wrong?

Are the students and residents of the area being warned about a possible stranger/abductor or being given any special warnings at all?

Which makes this even more troubling for me at least.

The white truck also passed by that area that morning, and the driver did not see anything unusual:

Nearby is the Waffle House Family Restaurant, open 24 hours, known as an early morning refueling station for college kids who have been out partying all night. It is an area where a white truck once considered suspicious -- but later dismissed as no worry -- passed through. It was driven by a business owner about to start his day.

http://www.indystar.com/article/201...Spierer?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|IndyStar.com

I can see your point, and then I would ask the roommate who she had been with last night and then called that person or another of that persons friends before immediately assuming that she was missing. Or am I wrong?

Especially since they had to have known who she was with the previous night:

CR, and eventually JR

Why would the b/f and HT and those people not try and get in touch with CR, JR, etc. before going to police???

Especially since they had to have known who she was with the previous night:

CR, and eventually JR

Why would the b/f and HT and those people not try and get in touch with CR, JR, etc. before going to police???

How do you know that b/f and HT didn't get in touch with CR and JR before going to the police? It appears that at least at some point of time JR told HT a story of how JR watched LS leave his apartment and go around the corner. For all I know it might have been that same day June 3rd.

You report her to remove suspection from yourself. He was smart and tried to cover his tracks. If he hadn't reported her missing, you would have thought that something was wrong with that too. He is either in on it or knew what happened. He covered his basis, allowed plenty of time for the body to be disposed of and then reported her missing.

How do you know that b/f and HT didn't get in touch with CR and JR before going to the police? It appears that at least at some point of time JR told HT a story of how JR watched LS leave his apartment and go around the corner. For all I know it might have been that same day June 3rd.

There are several different "accounts" in the media, some of it based on people who tell conflicting stories over time (I won't mention names).

One of the accounts was that:
1. JW texted LS the next day, couldn't get in touch with her -- bar had the phone, told him to come get his friend's phone.
2. JW gets worried, goes to HT to get keys to HT's and LS's room
3. JW goes inside, doesn't find LS
4. JW calls police

That was one of the official accounts in the media. There may be others, people involved in this case haven't been consistent.

----

Also, it's possible HT called JR and he told her and HT told the police this.
It's also possible that JR only told police what he knew after police confronted him?

We don't know whether JR volunteered his story of his own volition, or if the police came banging on his door and started questioning him first.

^^That could be a big difference.

I googled 'waffle house bloomington' reviews mention drunk college kids, wide variety of clientele. Logic seems LS would be wandering down College Ave to get home, unless she was looking for another party place. Anyways 'waffle house' is open 24hrs - so IMO- random person still seems quite possible to me. JMO

It's been said that LE frequents this Waffle House and in particular at these hours of the early morning. It's not been confirmed whether or not Waffle Houses camera has captured all people going in and out of the restaurant that night or if LE was there... I would like to know. However, since it is 24 hrs there very likely was someone there, someone coming and going around the time JR wants us to think that LS was walking down N. College. (I'm not buying it). But for every creep that might abduct someone suddenly at random after eating Waffles... seems to me there would be maybe 500,000 people that would instead just see a girl walking barefoot and then when she goes missing report that they were there and saw her or SAW NOTHING... (not that the Waffle House is that popular... but if there were 5 people coming and going between 4 and 4:30 that might be enough to verify that she was there or no one was out there at all.)

DANG! This just occurred to me too ....

Do we know if JW went and picked up the phone??? Or did LE go to Kilroy's and pick it up???

If you text your g/f and you get a response telling you she left her phone at Kilroy's, wouldn't your first move be to go get her phone?
Why would you assume she's in trouble????

Wouldn't a normal person's reaction be to get their g/f's phone and give it back to her next time you see her (like later that day?)???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay