IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For all this talk of CR just entering the picture in the days -- maybe weeks -- before LS disappearance -- it is now becoming more clear that JR knew CR, and we know SOME of the Smallwood people were tight enough with JR to watch the game up at his crib -- and HT says she used to hang out up at JR's all the time last year. BW and BL made it clear in their appearance on Fox News that they had never, ever met CR. These relationships are very murky.

very early on I got the sensation that the core group was planning on hanging this on CR as if he was "not one of us". It was in noticing the frequency of times it was repeated how little they knew CR. But then it turned out to focus on JR. From the get-go it has been a JW/LS friend group vs HT/LS friend group in my mind.

just to clarify, the altercation at Smallwood was after the outing at Kilroys.
Timeline:

LS/DR (HT?)-> 5 North (JRs)
LS/CR -> Kilroys
LS/CR ->Smallwood, altercation
LS/CR -> 5 North (MB)
LS ->5 North (JR)

I like this diagramming. Interesting how CR is stuck to LS up to the end when then she is alone....

You mention the "PsOI, if innocent" and then liken in to "OJ". OJ is not innocent.

So either way then, they might be speculating. Still like to hear it. And OJ still maintains his innocence.

This quiet is deafening. Doesn't anyone want to speculate on the statement the family is going to make on Friday? Or the fact that BPD is having a presser?

Speculation: Pressure will continue to be placed and exerted upon the friends and acquaintances to come forward with information about the activities that morning which led to Lauren's disappearance.

Oh my...but I have to say, I'm not surprised. My daughter was on the softball team at a Texas college and she came home for a weekend, and showed me some texts she was receiving from a baseball player. He was inviting her to join in on a group sex thing...just her and some of his teammates. He seriously didn't understand why she got mad. He told her that she should feel 'honored' to be invited. He was from another country, but I'm not sure this was a cultural misunderstanding because the school put these guys on a pedastal. ends up a lot of girls agreed to these invites. My husband confronted this guy at a tournament and basically told him he was going to cut off a few things and shove them down his throat...and he became known as 'that crazy redneck'. go figure.

Go Dad!! That's awesome that he reacted like that to protect his daughter. Good for both of you for having that kind of relationship with your daughter that she would tell you about it, too!

:yourock:

lol no me being dense as usual.
I just can't see this set mailing anything. I know I would have to go to the PO just to buy a stamp - I do everything online now... and I'm old, so I imagine mailing is foreign to many of them. OTOH that may make it more comfortable?

I wondered about that option. IMO someone wanting to be anonymous would not use it. After all, mail has postmarks indicating where a letter was mailed from. Not really all that anonymous in my mind.:waitasec:

Speculation: Pressure will continue to be placed and exerted upon the friends and acquaintances to come forward with information about the activities that morning which led to Lauren's disappearance.

I speculate that it might be more than just a re-run of the last one, which essentially did that, and said no more presser unless there was news.
Maybe they're going to clear some of the POIs, which would put pressure on some others. (speculation)

I feel sad writing this but maybe they are just announcing that they are going home.

The timing makes me wonder if parents will respond to Voyles' comments without directly referring to him/JR, of course.

I feel sad writing this but maybe they are just announcing that they are going home.

Yes. I think they'll thank Bloomington and all the searchers and BPD, and say they're going back to NY to be with family during the grieving process. Sad.

ETA: I hadn't seen that, epiphany. Looks like I'm wrong.

Isn't there going to be some sort of service Thursday night? I thought I read that upthread.

Enough resources to stay. IMO, at least one of them will likely remain after the summer.

just to clarify, the altercation at Smallwood was after the outing at Kilroys.
Timeline:

LS/DR (HT?)-> 5 North (JRs)
LS/CR -> Kilroys
LS/CR ->Smallwood, altercation
LS/CR -> 5 North (MB)
LS ->5 North (JR)

If the relationship between JR and CR was closer than initially thought, this diagram kind of shows what JRs possible motivations were, if he was not being truthful.

For me, I kept returning to JR as the last person to see her because of his own statements, and primarily because I couldn't get a handle on why he would lie about it. The timeline presented this way shows he could be covering for CR, if they had some type of a friendship.

It won't be anything from police about investigation, they wouldn't hold anything that long. I think you will see something different from the parents, something more pointed and direct than we've seen so far.

It won't be anything from police about investigation, they wouldn't hold anything that long. I think you will see something different from the parents, something more pointed and direct than we've seen so far.

Just keeping the story alive, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18