IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: JW house. I see what looks to be either a garage or a garage-turned-room on the left. Garage would be handy in this case.

We also have confirmation that CR and JR tried to break into Smallwood with a credit card:
Rossman is on the Smallwood Plaza “no trespass” list following an Oct. 31, 2010, incident at the complex. At 2:58 a.m., police found Rossman and Jay Rosenbaum attempting to enter Smallwood with a credit card. Police also report the two said they could enter the complex by force.
http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/30/news.qp-0075723.sto

Hmm...so JR changed his FB location to Barcelona? Interesting.
I had heard that he was studying abroad and had never changed it back. But who knows. I do know that as long as I have been interested in this case, it has said Barcelona.

I find it interesting and odd that according to the HT they searched the CR/MB apartment but not JR's.

I can't reconcile that - I would be STUNNED if either of CR/MB are the main players.

Is this type of search one that someone could voluntarily submit to? And in the same vein, is it one for which police would otherwise need a warrant or probably cause?

What type of evidence does LE need to obtain such a warrant?

Could they be having trouble getting one for JR so CR/MB volunteered to stage this in hopes that the dogs might sniff something that leads them to JR's (just 2 doors away), giving them probable cause to search JR's apartment?

Am I crazy for thinking that or is this plausible?

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/30/news.qp-2301833.sto

Article describing the police activities.

"Bloomington police entered boyfriend Jesse Wolff’s house in the 600 block of East Ninth Street around 5 p.m., along with the shared apartment of acquaintances Corey Rossman and Mike Beth at their building on 11th and Morton streets."
From the article: "It is unclear whether police entered Jason “Jay” Rosenbaum’s apartment two doors down. " Well, they certainly seem to be exiting his apartment, since that is his doorway. Perhaps they didn't actually go inside?

OT but the # of friends these people have on their FB pages is astounding...one of the people whose name has come up has over 30 friends just named "Alex"...

From the article: "It is unclear whether police entered Jason “Jay” Rosenbaum’s apartment two doors down. " ...

Unclear means the reporter doesn't know if they did or they didn't. It doesn't mean they didn't.

So to recap that posted articles:

- DR is coming back in the fall but hasn't registered yet (which is a bit odd for a junior)
- CR left town before completing his summer class (????)
- JW and JR are in the same major, albeit a year apart
- MB has a summer job in NYC
- JR's attorneys didn't respond when asked where JR is now
- Police definitely searched JW's house and CR's apartment with dogs, and probably searched JR's apartment as well (the door they're coming out of in the H-T article is JR's)

I thought CR had "stayed in town" along with MB? Wasn't that the story last week? If he hasn't, I'm starting to wonder whether he deserves as much benefit of the doubt as he's been given in this.

I find it interesting and odd that according to the HT they searched the CR/MB apartment but not JR's.

I can't reconcile that - I would be STUNNED if either of CR/MB are the main players.

Is this type of search one that someone could voluntarily submit to? And in the same vein, is it one for which police would otherwise need a warrant or probably cause?

What type of evidence does LE need to obtain such a warrant?

Could they be having trouble getting one for JR so CR/MB volunteered to stage this in hopes that the dogs might sniff something that leads them to JR's (just 2 doors away), giving them probable cause to search JR's apartment?

Am I crazy for thinking that or is this plausible?

Well, it could be possible that they had already searched JRs earlier on and now are going back to check CR/MB and JWs.
Funny that TG scooped them with their own photos. :floorlaugh:

Well, it could be possible that they had already searched JRs earlier on and now are going back to check CR/MB and JWs.
Funny that TG scooped them with their own photos. :floorlaugh:

Maybe JR's lawyer won't let them in?

Um, wow. I lived right next to that house for 2 years at IU. That is NOT a long walk from college/10th. 10-12 minutes maybe. I made the walk from Sports or Bluebird many many times.

This story just seem to hit me even closer because of that. Sounds weird I guess, but wow - I don't know how many times I passed that house walking to or from class down 9th into campus.

A WS poster (sorry don't remember who?) raised the question earlier, what if CR was punched/accosted by a Smallwood staff member? CR was on the no-trespass list. The WS poster was positing that that could be a reason for the delay in the release of the security tapes.I seem to remember that BPD had to get a warrant for the release. I believe other area businesses gave up their tapes voluntarily. Correct me if I am mistaken.

Smallwood doesn't have 24/7 Security per their website, but they do have 24 hr maintenance and a lock-out policy ($30) plus and extra fee for "after hours" (also $30).

Would staff/maintenance know where security cameras are (and are not) located? Hmmm.

Interesting; Nextwave Management/Buckingham Companies/Smallwood posted an ad for a Maintenance Technician 13 days ago. June 16th unless my math is bad.
http://buckingham-co.myexacthire.com/ViewJob-17251.html

I know a little about apartment buildings, my friend runs one. If they don't have 24/7 security then that means nobody is there after hours, they all go home. Having 24/7 on-site support is really expensive so most apartment building don't have them. Plus with an apartment building as opposed to a hotel, the residents are familiar with the building and they town so they don't need much help. When they say they have 24 hr maintenance it means they have a maintenance guy that comes in for emergency repairs. This maintenance guy probably doesn't work for Smallwood though. He is usually just a handyman in town that works with several different apartment complexes on a ad hoc basis, whenever they need something they call him.

Not to stick up for Smallwood in regard to the security cameras, but they might not have known how to give the LE the tapes. The security system might be complicated and the people working there might not have known how to use it. It's not everyday that the LE comes to you and asks for your tapes. Plus if they couldn't contact the manager or owner then it could have delayed everything. But I think the LE were right to knock down the doors to get those tapes, whatever is on them is really important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo