IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok not being one to say I told you so... now that everyone is on the same page about where JW lives - you all gave me a heck of a time when I suggested that LS could have gotten to the corner of 11th and College, turned the corner, walked diagonally across the street (no traffic at 4:30 AM) and headed east on 10th to JWs (eventually going S one more block on the way somewhere). And most likely that entire walk would not be on camera.
Not the top theory, but hey, possible, yes?

There's an iffy camera at Salzmann's on 10th. But yes Possible.

First time I have seen those booking photos of some of the people in the Who's Who in the Lauren Spierer case. Maybe not the preferred photo these individuals wish to have out in public.

Investigators have had to seek out Spierer’s friends and associates for interviews, Bloomington police said last Friday. One of her friends has reached out to police, according to Qualters, confirming mother Charlene Spierer’s statement last Wednesday expressing her disappointment that only one of her daughter’s friends has come to police with information. That friend has not been identified by authorities.

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/30/news.qp-0075723.sto

Assuming it is true, I don't know if I will ever understand the above in regards to this case or any missing person case if I were to hear such a statement by law enforcement again.

One would think that more than one friend would call in with a "have you checked [insert place]" or a "I know she sometimes [whatever]" - even if they didn't have specific knowledge about the case, they might be able to offer pattern of behavior or routes she liked to take or anything that might assist. I am with Cpt. Qualters on this issue, it is indeed perplexing. In fact, I don't get it at all.

I don't really remember any specific theories involving JW which is strange because usually the boyfriend is the center of suspicion. I haven't followed the case or this thread every day though-just seems like he has really flown under the radar. I do think he is a possibility along with the others...still. In my mind, he always came and met or saw her somewhere, but her walking to his house actually makes sense. Then no one would be lying except for him.

I'm still on the fence, but here's a scenario with Lauren at JR's apt at 3:10, and at Tenth & College with mystery man at 3:38.

Lauren and CR walk from Smallwood to CR/MB's apt. MB puts CR to bed (3:10?), Lauren goes to JR's to party some more. JR falls asleep; Lauren leaves around 3:30 and is spotted at 3:38 by the witness at Tenth & College. Later that day JR hears that Lauren is missing; he lies about watching her leave at 4:30...she was fine...not stumbling...so he doesn't look like such an awful person for not walking her home...
(respectfully snipped)

If they were still "partying" at 3, I doubt anyone was falling asleep by 3:30. JMO.

Along the same lines, I've always found the story about Lauren walking CR home to 'take care of him' and tuck him in to be a little unbelievable, especially given witness accounts of Lauren's condition around that time.

Just random thoughts...

I hope this new search leads to finding Lauren and/or helps to clear the POIs.

First time I have seen those booking photos of some of the people in the Who's Who in the Lauren Spierer case. Maybe not the preferred photo these individuals wish to have out in public.

Assuming it is true, I don't know if I will ever understand the above in regards to this case or any missing person case if I were to hear such a statement by law enforcement again.

One would think that more than one friend would call in with a "have you checked [insert place]" or a "I know she sometimes [whatever]" - even if they didn't have specific knowledge about the case, they might be able to offer pattern of behavior or routes she liked to take or anything that might assist. I am with Cpt. Qualters on this issue, it is indeed perplexing. In fact, I don't get it at all.

Did you notice that only one person (CR) has an exact date listed for when he spoke to LE, (10Jun). I wonder if that is the person who came forward. I don't know why, it makes no sense, but that's how it struck me when I read it.

Ok not being one to say I told you so... now that everyone is on the same page about where JW lives - you all gave me a heck of a time when I suggested that LS could have gotten to the corner of 11th and College, turned the corner, walked diagonally across the street (no traffic at 4:30 AM) and headed east on 10th to JWs (eventually going S one more block on the way somewhere). And most likely that entire walk would not be on camera.
I didn't disagree with you. I'm the one who said at LS's age in a similar situation, only two things would cause me to leave an apartment alone and on foot at 4:30 a.m. -- a strong need to get away from one guy, or an equally strong desire to be with another. I'm still up in the air. It could be either of the two.

The pics of CR and JR are really unflattering and truly make them look like bad news, don't they? JR's pic really makes him look sinister. Not saying he IS, but that picture isn't doing him any favors given the rumors buzzing about him. Looking at a pic like that really makes me believe that he could have done something terrible without thinking twice.

Regardless of photos, I'd put my money on JW's involvement. If I didn't have shoes/keys/etc, I'd be heading to my boyfriend's to help me out. I also get the feeling that HT was a little frustrated with LS's recent behavior - hence all of her comments about "she went too far this time", and a general sense that she was blaming the victim - so I could see LS not wanting to go home and dragging HT out of bed to let her into the apartment.

If JW had any clue that LS was out with another guy - which he may very well have heard, based on the fact that tons of the NY-East Coasters hang out in Sports - and then she showed up at his house, it could have been a recipe for disaster.

BBM

Most importantly for me with this info about where JW lives is that Lauren could have easily decided she would head over to his house. If she did make this much-too-long-for-a-tiny-girl-alone-at-4:30am-walk, the possibility of a stranger abduction becomes much higher.

BBM

Most importantly for me with this info about where JW lives is that Lauren could have easily decided she would head over to his house. If she did make this much-too-long-for-a-tiny-girl-alone-at-4:30am-walk, the possibility of a stranger abduction becomes much higher.

True that. If she actually did leave JR's apartment, but instead of heading to Smallwood decided to go somewhere else, then the possibility of her being abducted and not being on camera increases, as well as the possibility it was an accident and she fell/climbed/drowned somewhere, but for whatever reason the body hasn't been discovered yet.

Did you notice that only one person (CR) has an exact date listed for when he spoke to LE, (10Jun). I wonder if that is the person who came forward. I don't know why, it makes no sense, but that's how it struck me when I read it.
I believe June 10th was the day that CR attorney, Carl Salzmann, started talking to the press.
http://www.wthr.com/story/14879549/...appearance-of-iu-student?clienttype=printable

"When he woke up the next morning, his jaw was considerably sore. Bruises on his face. His clock got cleaned," said attorney Carl Salzmann. Police say Lauren wasn't involved in the altercation.

Carl Salzmann says his client is being fully cooperative with police.

I have trouble believing LS could have taken two steps, let alone turn the corner at College Av. The suggestion that she was walking all the way to JW's seems nearly impossible. But following that theory...are you suggesting she made it all the way to JW's and something bad happened there or are we back to possibility of random abduction along the way? And I guess then you would buy the story that it was LS making the call to DR. Not challenging...just trying to take it a step further.

Also, JW has a roommate who claims he had no visitors. So if we consider the possibility of Lauren going to his house, we would have to believe that her arrival and whatever happened next either didn't wake up the roommate, or that the roommate is covering for JW.

While I can imagine potential reasons the other POI might cover for each other, I find it harder to believe that JW's roommate would have any reason to do so.

I have trouble believing LS could have taken two steps, let alone turn the corner at College Av. The suggestion that she was walking all the way to JW's seems nearly impossible. But following that theory...are you suggesting she made it all the way to JW's and something bad happened there or are we back to possibility of random abduction along the way? And I guess then you would buy the story that it was LS making the call to DR. Not challenging...just trying to take it a step further.

ok, note I didn't call this a leading theory. But, yes, there is a route from where she was 'last seen' to JWs that would place her out of camera range. If she was blitzed out of her head, had a few lines to wake up and started walking (all big IFs there) I could certainly see her make up her mind to go to JWs. Especially if that call to DR was a "I have no keys can you come get me, let me in, whatever" call.
So now she's going to JWs. Has he been cleared? No. So now pick your choice here - it's a long enough walk that abduction risk is higher. Also, lots of houses along the way, not all of them checked I am sure. And a boyfriend that may just not like getting "seconds". 3 more possible outcomes with nothing to rule them out...

Also, JW has a roommate who claims he had no visitors. So if we consider the possibility of Lauren going to his house, we would have to believe that her arrival and whatever happened next either didn't wake up the roommate, or that the roommate is covering for JW.

While I can imagine potential reasons the other POI might cover for each other, I find it harder to believe that JW's roommate would have any reason to do so.

But how can you know? She could have easily tapped on his window, he heads outside, they fight over the fact that she's been out with another guy...and things go bad.

Now how he gets rid of the body is up for discussion. But I think his behavior the next day was almost trying too hard to appear to be a caring boyfriend.

Just to clarify, TG, do you mean you have trouble believing she could walk two steps because of her intoxication level? If so, have we had any type of official confirmation about how wasted she really was? Just curious.

I have a feeling she was some level of intoxicated, but I have don't know to what extent or on what.

Still, it hardly looks as though LE has a random abduction at the top of their list, almost 4 weeks in...I hope they have reasons beyond what we know to keep their focus on the students (although they do seem to have plenty of reasons to be looking where they are...)

Also the longer her walk, the more chance someone should have seen her, if she walked as far as JW's...

And thousands of photos -- all of themselves and friends partying. I have not seen one photo or post on their FB pages having to do with art, culture, the world.

And haven't these smart kids read about getting a job and companies looking at FB profiles? I think it goes a bit to arrogance.

Could be some arrogance, but also immaturity while these young 20-22-year-olds wait for the frontal cortex to become fully developed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prefrontal_lobe#cite_note-0

Since according to H-T police also entered CR and MB's apartment in addition to JW's apartment really indicates to me that at this point they still don't have a leading theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member