IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad enough to turn your son in? (hypothetically, of course)

Do you think their words imply they have ruled out JW as a suspect. They seem to be very focused on the idea that there is more than one person who could give them valuable information. I can imagine it would be much easier to find someone who would help you cover an OD than to cover intent.

To me this appeal to multiple people implies that they are talking to the CR, MB, DR ,HT, JR camp.

Do you agree?

She is not on FBI's Missing/Kidnapped page...FWIW

1. I'm ok with most of this

2. A little odd that only one person sees these two rambling down the street, odd but not impossible. You would think JR's lies would cover the possibility of a sighting. Like guest took LS out for walk to sober her up.

3. What if the guest turns out to be a midget or a 6'4" Norwegian?

4. If two are involved. Consider that in the moment one had to convince the other to comply. Why would two people be equally motivated to hide LS?

Possible answer to #4 -- One bears greater responsibilty or has more at stake, e.g., a previous record, parents ready to cut off his $$$, or something he stands to lose by being involved in a scandal. He's able to convince the other that they will both be in serious trouble. The second one would be most likely to break, but if he's hiding behind a lawyer, maybe not. Then again, maybe his parents won't let him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you think their words imply they have ruled out JW as a suspect. They seem to be very focused on the idea that there is more than one person who could give them valuable information. I can imagine it would be much easier to find someone who would help you cover an OD than to cover intent.

To me this appeal to multiple people implies that they are talking to the CR, MB, DR ,HT, JR camp.

Do you agree?

I have to think on that - interesting....

My initial thoughts during the pc actually made me think that they were suspicious of JW. It was nothing that they said but what wasn't said, particularly about the phone call saying she was missing. They received that call from JW. The fact that he can not be with them in this effort is troublesome. We have no idea of his behavior - grieving or otherwise.

Since someone brought it up, I would also like to comment that I think that Jesse Wolffe might be who the parents are looking at it.

In the beginning, the father said that she had been in a loving relationship FOR YEARS.

But since this happened, Jesse doesn't seem to be presenting an united front with the family at all. That seems very weird to me. If they had been dating for years, he was probably part of the family and should have stayed in Bloomington a little more to support Lauren's parents.

Just popping in with a possible scenario posted on the TG blog this morning (in comments to TG’s witness story). Click links for full comments. In a nutshell:

LS leaves CR’s apt, goes to JR’s, parties with JR and mystery hometown friend. LS leaves with JR’s friend around 3:30. He may not have known about the alley so they walked down College- no cams there. She’s so drunk she can’t even tell him where she lives. She’s losing it...they sit down on steps at Tenth & College. The witness sees them there at 3:38. He lifts her and carries her back to JR in a panic. Bad things happen- they call DR but he doesn’t answer. Alibi: I’ll say she left at 4:30- let’s say LS made the phone call.

Thanks for writing this out. It's one of the many thought threads I've had but not taken the time to pursue. This also could be why JR is not talking. He's protecting his friend.

I have always been curious about this phone call. How and what do you say to your GF's parents when she is apparently missing? Not to mention that early on, he either intuitively senses something is wrong, has gotten wind of something via the social network (notice the lower case) or has knowledge about her disappearance. LE must have scrutinized this material.

A father of a 19-year old IU student who WAS abducted and murdered by a stranger went to the vigil yesterday to pray with Lauren's parents.

Just to show that it HAPPENS and in Indiana. The girl's body was only found 3-years later but justice was served and the man was sentenced to 65 years in jail.

http://homepages.indiana.edu/news/page/normal/4263.html

Yes, I was going to ask how this recent case changes the statistics that it could happen here again so soon.

No, a great many people in the community do not feel that justice was served. They believe the wrong man is in jail. They believe the PD failed to find the perp and they lack confidence in the PD to solve this LS case. I'm just reporting the sentiment. I do not have a dog in the Behrman fight.

A father of a 19-year old IU student who WAS abducted and murdered by a stranger went to the vigil yesterday to pray with Lauren's parents.

Just to show that it HAPPENS and in Indiana. The girl's body was only found 3-years later but justice was served and the man was sentenced to 65 years in jail.

http://homepages.indiana.edu/news/page/normal/4263.html

FWIW, a LOT of people in this area don't believe they convicted the right guy in that case. There was nothing but circumstantial evidence against him. A woman actually confessed to killing her a few years before with another man and woman while they were on drugs, then recanted her statement. In my opinion, police felt pressured and desperate to convict someone after the case had gone on that long, and the guy who was convicted just happened to be an easy target. Again, that's all just my opinion.

You can read all about that case here: http://www.bloomingpedia.org/wiki/Jill_Behrman

It's pretty interesting.

Yes, I was going to ask how this recent case changes the statistics that it could happen here again so soon.

No, a great many people in the community do not feel that justice was served. They believe the wrong man is in jail. They believe the PD failed to find the perp and they lack confidence in the PD to solve this LS case. I'm just reporting the sentiment. I do not have a dog in the Behrman fight.

I was just going to post this. I was reading some discussions on the Berham case and some people believe her real perp might be on the streets and may actually have harmed Lauren since 11 years is a pretty common time for a serial killer to strike again.

Very scary.

Just popping in with a possible scenario posted on the TG blog this morning (in comments to TG’s witness story). Click links for full comments. In a nutshell:

LS leaves CR’s apt, goes to JR’s, parties with JR and mystery hometown friend. LS leaves with JR’s friend around 3:30. He may not have known about the alley so they walked down College- no cams there. She’s so drunk she can’t even tell him where she lives. She’s losing it...they sit down on steps at Tenth & College. The witness sees them there at 3:38. He lifts her and carries her back to JR in a panic. Bad things happen- they call DR but he doesn’t answer. Alibi: I’ll say she left at 4:30- let’s say LS made the phone call.

http://tonygatto.wordpress.com/2011...at-tenth-and-college-at-338-a-m/#comment-2199

http://tonygatto.wordpress.com/2011...at-tenth-and-college-at-338-a-m/#comment-2200

http://tonygatto.wordpress.com/2011...at-tenth-and-college-at-338-a-m/#comment-2220

This scenario brings a lot of things together.

The 3:38 witness should be shown a few pics of the visitor from Michigan...see what she thinks?

This scenario brings a lot of things together.

The 3:38 witness should be shown a few pics of the visitor from Michigan...see what she thinks?

The visitor from Michigan was a woman? That's known?

FWIW, a LOT of people in this area don't believe they convicted the right guy in that case. There was nothing but circumstantial evidence against him. A woman actually confessed to killing her a few years before with another man and woman while they were on drugs, then recanted her statement. In my opinion, police felt pressured and desperate to convict someone after the case had gone on that long, and the guy who was convicted just happened to be an easy target. Again, that's all just my opinion.

You can read all about that case here: http://www.bloomingpedia.org/wiki/Jill_Behrman

It's pretty interesting.

Just a reminder....that same woman told LE that the suspect at the time put JB's remains in Salt Creek.
They actually drained the creek out and of course found nothing.

The man convicted lived between where the bicycle and bones were eventually located.

I never read what all evidence they had on him...but this case with LS missing can make ya wonder about serial killers on the loose and old cases for sure.

skigirl, the 3:38 witness is a woman. No details that I can see have been made known on the guest from MI.

BTW I haved been lurking for years and have read every post in this case.

Just a reminder....that same woman told LE that the suspect at the time put JB's remains in Salt Creek.

The man convicted lived between where the bicycle and bones were eventually located.

I never read what all evidence they had on him...but this case with LS missing can make ya wonder about serial killers on the loose and old cases for sure.

And how you can't trust LE's view 100%.

I think all the options should remain open. Yes, focus on the friends. Please. But keep the options open.

skigirl, the 3:38 witness is a woman. No details that I can see have been made known on the guest from MI.

BTW I haved been lurking for years and have read every post in this case.

Welcome!!!!

I don't trust the witness account 100%, so for me, to trust this speculation, is a little too much.

If you read closely, they found several things consistent with the woman's story in Salt Creek (industrial plastic, bungee cords, knife). Some theorize that the woman and/or her two accomplices moved the body. All other evidence pointed to JB being on the south side of Bloomington with her bike, including people who saw her. No one ever saw her riding north, where her body was found. They also found the water bottle from her bike on the south side of town right after she disappeared. IDK, everything I've ever read/heard about it leads me to believe the man convicted was framed.

An ironic link between the JB and LS cases is that CR's attorney was the Monroe County Prosecutor during the JB case and he declined to pursue charges against the three who were originally suspected/confessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717