IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe: If it's the same man at 3:38, the mystery man, then he is not a named POI. He lives at 10th and College Apts. with the guy who may have punched CR. He was at the Indy 500 race. Tony says he thinks he doesn't have anything to do with her disappearance.

Adding to my theory....that would mean everyone is in on the cover up story. CR/MB/JR have the story of LS and CR arriving, MB putting CR to bed and then JR seeing her last heading home at 4:30. These 3 ARE the cover-up story - thus they are all in the same boat together and that is why no one is talking. Meanwhile, while they are supposedly all in LS presence, they really aren't because she is being disposed of between 3:38 and 4:30.

What do you think?

I tend to agree. I came to a similar theoretical conclusion yesterday. Combined with Tony's theory of LS not being in the alley with CR (which I wholeheartedly agree with), it puts things into a more understandable focus.

The two questions I haven't settled in my mind - whether the Smallwood incident directly led to LS getting harmed later, and whether CR/JR were active parts of the incident, or just passive elements who were told to cover things up and keep their mouths shut.

Adding to my theory....that would mean everyone is in on the cover up story. CR/MB/JR have the story of LS and CR arriving, MB putting CR to bed and then JR seeing her last heading home at 4:30. These 3 ARE the cover-up story - thus they are all in the same boat together and that is why no one is talking. Meanwhile, while they are supposedly all in LS presence, they really aren't because she is being disposed of between 3:38 and 4:30.

What do you think?

What about the statement CR made to the press: I was not the last to see her.

Then Salzmann I think was the one who added: There were 2 or 3 others who saw her after that.

They're not on the same page. CR gets to have amnesia and JR is left holding the bag.

I think it's pretty obvious the man with LS in the alley is CR. There have been published msm articles that have said it's CR. It also didn't take LS 11 minutes to reach the alley. According to official timeline, she left Smallwood at 2:42 and entered the alley at 2:48. That's only six minutes.

I don't see the need for a cover story that accounts for LS until 4:30 if she never makes it to 5 North. If JR has nothing to do with the disappearance other than to cover for some friends, then he must have something HUGE at stake to allow the spotlight to be put on him and his parents on the hook for hundreds of thousand of dollars of legal fees. As for the phone call to DR, he could have said he was asking where LS was, because he thought she was coming back after Kilroy's.

This theory would put the number of people in the know to around 5 +. I don't see that many kids keeping their silence this whole time, especially JR. What does he stand to gain?

In other words, if LS is never at 5 North, then JR & MB are already in the clear--even if they took drugs earlier in the evening, LS very likely did more at Kilroy's or Smallwood (she was alive the whole time, after all). Why would they involve themselves unnecessarily? JR, MB, & CR could just say "I don't know, I thought she was coming back to 5 North but she never showed up. Next day I found out she was missing."

Is this to say that you think the 3:38 mystery guy is in the video at 2:51?

I am really curious as to how a supposed sighting at 3:38 am with a mystery man morphed into the sighting in the alley at 2:48-2:51 am with a man known to LE?

I don't disbelieve the witness at 3:38AM but I do not feel that whatever she saw is relevant to this case, either because this was a different girl, or the time was wrong, for example. I have seen many cases where witnesses were absolutely positive about an ID or a time or a place, etc...only to be proved wrong beyond a reasonable doubt in court or before. That said, I believe LE when they say, in their roundabout way, that this incident is not a factor.

JMO

I only hope we know, one day, what happened to Lauren...

I believe that Lauren was taken away in a car at some point. And there seems to have been very few vehicles on the roads at the time(s) in question. I think it is more likely that a friend/POI would know where the cameras are, in order to avoid being seen on tape, than a random stranger prowling the streets to see if he could find a lone female pedestrian at that hour. JMO

(OT: Love your cat avatars! Look forward each day to seeing what's new - thanks!)
I wonder how many college kids keep track of where security camera are.. there seems to be so many in that area, seems difficult to avoid .... wonder how many really are working...

I tend to agree. I came to a similar theoretical conclusion yesterday. Combined with Tony's theory of LS not being in the alley with CR (which I wholeheartedly agree with), it puts things into a more understandable focus.

The two questions I haven't settled in my mind - whether the Smallwood incident directly led to LS getting harmed later, and whether CR/JR were active parts of the incident, or just passive elements who were told to cover things up and keep their mouths shut.

I, at the moment, think I'm leaning toward CR/MB/JR being the cover up story - it serves as an alibi of sorts for what really happened between 3:38 and 4:30.

(OT: Love your cat avatars! Look forward each day to seeing what's new - thanks!)
I wonder how many college kids keep track of where security camera are.. there seems to be so many in that area, seems difficult to avoid .... wonder how many really are working...

They may not make a point to know where cameras where but they have probably seen them, maybe they even know someone who was caught on one before, who knows...and IF they are into drugs and/or dealing in any kind of big way, they might well know where cameras are.

Maybe: If it's the same man at 3:38, the mystery man, then he is not a named POI. He lives at 10th and College Apts. with the guy who may have punched CR. He was at the Indy 500 race. Tony says he thinks he doesn't have anything to do with her disappearance.

The 3:38 witness stated that the mystery man asked the incoherent woman "can I take you home"?...right before he slung her over his shoulders an walked away.

According to the witness, the woman was basically passing out or had passed out.

It seems to me that if the mystery man were a stranger to the woman (but with noble intentions) he might call 911 at that point.

But if the mystery man were familiar with the woman, and knew that the witness was within ear-shot, he may make a noble gesture and then with great confidence sling the woman over his shoulder and walk away...because he knows her.

A complete stranger to the woman would be extremely bold and stupid to cart the girl off in front of a witness.

So who were these people?

The witness says it was LS with 90% certainty.
Sure would like to get to the bottom of it.

Well this stopped me in my tracks and I couldn't breathe for a few minutes. It works but:

If the mystery man is helping her--and his roomate, incidentally the same one who punched CR, why would he/they take her to CR's and MB's?

My thought is a car JW's? was waiting for her in the gravel lot. At this point, I don't why the 5 North guys would say the things they did tho.

Possibly JW was waiting for her in the lot...if he's not at all involved, then he surely would be talking. I don't get it. It's like they are all involved from some aspect.

What about the statement CR made to the press: I was not the last to see her.

Then Salzmann I think was the one who added: There were 2 or 3 others who saw her after that.

They're not on the same page. CR gets to have amnesia and JR is left holding the bag.

The 2 or 3 who saw her after that could be ZO, AB and either JR or JW...

I am really curious as to how a supposed sighting at 3:38 am with a mystery man morphed into the sighting in the alley at 2:48-2:51 am with a man known to LE?

It hasn't morphed like that.

The sighting in the alley at 2:51 is with an unidentified man. Police say they have video evidence. Indications are it is CR.

Police confirm that a witness has come forward who says she saw LS with a man, who does not at all fit CR's description, at 10th and college at 3:38am. Police do not discount the witness's story, only saying that her timeframe is off, and that the man is no mystery to them. Just to add...police only discussed the so-called mystery man six days after it was first reported.

It hasn't morphed like that.

The sighting in the alley at 2:51 is with an unidentified man. Police say they have video evidence. Indications are it is CR.

Police confirm that a witness has come forward who says she saw LS with a man, who does not at all fit CR's description, at 10th and college at 3:38am. Police do not discount the witness's story, only saying that her timeframe is off, and that the man is no mystery to them. Just to add...police only discussed the so-called mystery man six days after it was first reported.

Police hasn't said that the only thing off was the timeframe. What we know is that LS is on video entering the alley at 2:48 and exiting it at 2:51. Doesn't sound like someone who is out of it and needs to be carried.

Possibly JW was waiting for her in the lot...if he's not at all involved, then he surely would be talking. I don't get it. It's like they are all involved from some aspect.

So what would JW do next? Take her to CR's apartment? Not in a million years, obviously. So clearly the man in the alley is not JW.

All JMO. I feel very comfortable with the 3:38 sighting. I also feel that the "official" timeline is incorrect and the BPD know it. Unfortunately, I feel that LS is deceased due to alcohol poisoning, drug mixing and/or overdose. I feel that at least one person and most likely more who are known to her know what happened. I also do not believe she made the 4:15 phone call or walked out of JR's apartment at 4:30. I also believe that more than one of her "friends" panicked when she OD'd and hid her body to protect themselves. I also believe the 4:15 phone call was part of the "plan" to cover up what happened and LS did not make that call. As I said, JMO.

in this article it says LS is "last seen walking home barefoot with Jason Rosenbaum, one of five friends who last saw her, after spending the night at a sportsbar and a party."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...arful-plea-friends-parents.html#ixzz1QuXqJM6f

do you all think this is a mistake or a slip up by LE, as i thought CR was the last person seen with LS? & that JR reported seeing her via his window but said he did not walk out with her.

in this article it says LS is "last seen walking home barefoot with Jason Rosenbaum, one of five friends who last saw her, after spending the night at a sportsbar and a party."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...arful-plea-friends-parents.html#ixzz1QuXqJM6f

do you all think this is a mistake or a slip up by LE, as i thought CR was the last person seen with LS? & that JR reported seeing her via his window but said he did not walk out with her.

It's coming from UK so I am pretty sure it's just inaccurate reporting.

We'll be moving to a new thread in about ten minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay