IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it is, note the camera on the corner of the building closest to Morton, pointed down the alley toward the handrail her keys were found at.
The camera cant see the handrail though, its pointed downward too much.
Do you know about that shack i mentioned? behind the construction site about 10 yards or so?

I hope the body found is not Lauren as I don't know how LE would be able to connect her death to anyone. Her murder might well go unsolved. But I also hope this is not another woman, someone we don't even know about it, that would be too sad, to think someone could be missing long enough to decompose and not even have any publicity at all.

If the address they gave in the Fox 59 story is accurate (6500 block of N Fall Creek), then that's a pretty effective spot to dump a body. Heavy tree line, creek not very visible from the road, very close to the 56th street exit on 465.

Do you know about that shack i mentioned? behind the construction site about 10 yards or so?

Yes, I replied to you right after you posted about it.

Here is the link to my reply:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6841243&postcount=375"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - IN IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #15[/ame]

I hope the body found is not Lauren as I don't know how LE would be able to connect her death to anyone. Her murder might well go unsolved. But I also hope this is not another woman, someone we don't even know about it, that would be too sad, to think someone could be missing long enough to decompose and not even have any publicity at all.
It's most likely not her. But the sooner LE is able to find her body, the better for the case.

Interesting article where a retired officer gives his opinion on Spierer's case.

Snipped from part of the article:

Retired police captain and crime author Robert Snow, is not involved in the Spierer case, but his 30 years in law enforcement, including several years as homicide commander, give him insight into this kind of investigation. He believes those people last seen with Lauren know more. Detectives will focus on them.

"The longer you search, the more frustrating it becomes," Snow said. "They would be the most likely ones to know what happened to her."

The fact that many of those students hired lawyers is surprising to Snow.

"I find that extremely unusual," he said. "I don't know why you'd want a lawyer if you were just with somebody who disappeared. I don't understand that, no."

http://www.wthr.com/story/15016375/retired-officer-weighs-in-on-missing-student-case

It's most likely not her. But the sooner LE is able to find her body, the better for the case.

I'd be shocked it this is Lauren, too. It would be pretty daring/bold to drive that far with her in the car/trunk, if she was already dead. And why pass up so many rural spots on the way?

my impression of the 3:38 sighting--- is that LE is saying it's not Lauren, at that time because they have Lauren on video with another man, who they do know who it is.
http://tonygatto.wordpress.com/2011...-discount-mystery-man-in-lauren-spierer-case/

If she were on video at 3:38 with anyone then they would have made that part of the official timeline.

That's not in the official timeline because LE is not saying she is on video at 3:38 am. They don't have any video of her after 2:51 am.

I'd be shocked it this is Lauren, too. It would be pretty daring/bold to drive that far with her in the car/trunk, if she was already dead. And why pass up so many rural spots on the way?

Because it's a spot you're familiar with?

Yes, I replied to you right after you posted about it.

Hm, i dont believe we are talking about the same shack?
Its due north of here, straight across 11th street about 30 or 40 feet?

5899408714_aba537213b_z.jpg

Any of those POI's go to Central HS?

There is always the possibility that LE is ready to make an arrest once they find LS. It is still a missing person investigation at this point, but LE may have the info needed and just need the final "clue". Hoping that body is not LS, but if it is, trying to stay optimistic this case will have resolution.

There is always the possibility that LE is ready to make an arrest once they find LS. It is still a missing person investigation at this point, but LE may have the info needed and just need the final "clue". Hoping that body is not LS, but if it is, trying to stay optimistic this case will have resolution.

I hope this is true...I believe it would be in some other cases, but not as confident about this one. Hoping LE is just discreet and not bumbling. But I would love for Lauren's parents to have her back, ASAP...

I doubt LE is anywhere close. But without the body they won't have any chance whatsoever. The sooner the body is found, the better.

Hm, i dont believe we are talking about the same shack?
Its due north of here, straight across 11th street about 30 or 40 feet?

I'm speaking of a little shack across the street from 11th, just North of 5 North Apartments, just East of the building under construction, just West of the ReStore, and the 2 abandoned buildings.

Wikimapia Link Look at the x in the center of the map.

Of course the linked map does not show the construction, or 5 North Apartments. They did not exist when this map was made.

If the address they gave in the Fox 59 story is accurate (6500 block of N Fall Creek), then that's a pretty effective spot to dump a body. Heavy tree line, creek not very visible from the road, very close to the 56th street exit on 465.

What other women are missing in IN? The body is sad to be badly decomposing, so the person had to be missing for while. I wish we at least knew the age.

I hope this is true...I believe it would be in some other cases, but not as confident about this one. Hoping LE is just discreet and not bumbling. But I would love for Lauren's parents to have her back, ASAP...
One of my earlier posts was called "depressing" by another, so it's time for optimism!
I'm on the fence if LE is really on top of this case or not, but they may very well be crazy like a fox! I have a hard time believing people involved in the investigation could sleep at night if they weren't trying their hardest to solve this case.

the body found in indianapolis could be someone from another state.

I meant this to be a response to jjenny above me.. but forgot to quote

BTW, that pic is of 10th & College Village apartments on the right with the handrail at the entry door where Lauren's keys and coin purse were found at.
Its parking garage is just out of sight on in the alley straight ahead, easily accessed from the alley.

The building on the left is 10th & College apartments. You can see the camera pointed down the alley to the left that leads to College ave, and you can barely see the camera pointed down the alley straight ahead toward 10th St. That is the camera that lauren was last seen on. The alley directly in front leads to Smallwood. You can almost make out the camera farthest away from the your camera, down on 10th street. Thats the Camera that picked up Lauren as she entered the alley.

I'm speaking of a little shack across the street from 11th, just North of 5 North Apartments, just East of the building under construction, just West of the ReStore, and the 2 abandoned buildings.

Wikimapia Link Look at the x in the center of the map.

Of course the linked map does not show the construction, or 5 North Apartments. They did not exist when this map was made.

Perhaps we are speaking of the same white shack.......very small, the door on it has been nailed shut .......surrounding by brushes and trees.
next to the door is the busted out window, and as you look inside nothing but garbage?

5898840765_b8ec409296_z.jpg

I doubt LE is anywhere close. But without the body they won't have any chance whatsoever. The sooner the body is found, the better.
The one thing you could certainly say about LE possibly not having a clue what happened is the perception/reality? that LS friends aren't painting the whole picture for LE to work from. The very few leads and assumptions they have been working with may very well be worthless bits of information and leading to wild goose chases. Much in the same way we are possibly on a wild goose chase trying to decipher the few bits of information we have been given to work from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay