IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my earlier posts was called "depressing" by another, so it's time for optimism!
I'm on the fence if LE is really on top of this case or not, but they may very well be crazy like a fox! I have a hard time believing people involved in the investigation could sleep at night if they weren't trying their hardest to solve this case.

Well, then I should be accused too, as I have been thinking and posting depressing opinions on this case for a while. I think LE is trying their best, but not sure if any LE is really good at MP cases...WS has made me a cynic about them, I fear.

Perhaps we are speaking of the same white shack.......very small, the door on it has been nailed shut .......surrounding by brushes and trees.
next to the door is the busted out window, and as you look inside nothing but garbage?

Yes sir, thats the one.
Don't know if LEO searched it, but I also looked in it.

BTW, that pic is of 10th & College Village apartments on the right with the handrail at the entry door where Lauren's keys and coin purse were found at.
Its parking garage is just out of sight on the right in the alley straight ahead, easily accessed from the alley.

The building on the left is 10th & College apartments. You can see the camera pointed down the alley to the left that leads to College ave, and you can barely see the camera pointed down the alley straight ahead toward 10th St. That is the camera that lauren was last seen on. The alley directly in front leads to Smallwood. You can almost make out the camera farthest away from the your camera, down on 10th street. Thats the Camera that picked up Lauren as she entered the alley.

Yes thank-you for clarifying things for me........that parking you speak of i seen those going up and down the alley......there like side streets but there just parking spaces............And so that is the railing i have heard much about.......I looked for it, and thought it was around the doctors office.............but could not find it............Thanks for the help in telling me what i am looking at........

I bet those keys ending up there, after she made that turn toward the gravel area..........because after today, i would bet my paycheck she was abducted in that area. right after she was spotted on the camera leaving the alley.

5898840765_b8ec409296_z.jpg

And that pic is standing where Lauren was last seen on video, but facing the opposite direction she was.

Smallwood straight ahead in the distance.

10th & College Village Apartments garage on the Right.

10th & College Apartments on the left. The camera on the corner of the building is the one that picked up Lauren as she entered the alley from the direction of Smallwood.

Yes thank-you for clarifying things for me........Thanks for the help in telling me what i am looking at........

Glad to help.
It makes me feel like maybe I'm helping find Lauren in some small way.

I'm glad you took the time to go. Your pics complement mine, and the media's. Good work.

Too bad we didn't get a chance to meet up. Perhaps another time.

Is this the camera that caught her leaving.
5899412038_a8970aa31e_z.jpg

No sir, thats the camera that first picked her up as she entered the alley.

Your pic is facing toward Smallwood, which is the direction she was coming from.

If you look closely at the building on the right across 10th St. there are 2 more cameras, round with smoked domes. I believe one is pointed down the sidewalk to the right toward 10th and Morton. The other appears to point down the alley toward Smallwood.

See my map for reference
aahggg1.jpg

and my pics on the photo thread
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140294"]IN IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 *PHOTOS & MAPS* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

This one shows the same alley from the opposite view of yours
2jcu0pl.jpg

Is this the camera that caught her leaving.
5899412038_a8970aa31e_z.jpg

Your pic is facing toward Smallwood, which is the direction she was coming from.

If you look closely at the building on the right across 10th St. there are 2 more cameras, round with smoked domes. I believe one is pointed down the sidewalk to the right toward 10th and Morton. The other appears to point down the alley toward Smallwood.

See my map for reference
aahggg1.jpg

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140294"]IN IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 *PHOTOS & MAPS* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

2jcu0pl.jpg

Well, then I should be accused too, as I have been thinking and posting depressing opinions on this case for a while. I think LE is trying their best, but not sure if any LE is really good at MP cases...WS has made me a cynic about them, I fear.
Yea I hear you on the point of being leery of how some MP cases look to be handled from the outside looking in. IMO the bottom line is every MP case has a unique set of circumstances and the decisions made by LE from the start of the investigation really do shape how the case will play out. They set the tone, so to speak, and following the case you can't help but get in tune with that tone and shape your ideas around it. Opinions can sway very quickly with the release of new information on the case, but we all know that info is the picture the LE wants to paint for the public and not what may be the truth.
You can second guess why it took LE so long to do a search/interview/etc... but I think it is safe to say that small town LE does not have the resources for immediate responses, I am pretty sure on the BPD website they have 1 canine, as an example, and it could of taken some time to bring in the specific resources needed for any given task. Also, in LS case it was not a witnessed abduction and it was about 12 hours since she had last been seen before she was reported missing, that made them play catch-up from the start.

See my map for reference
aahggg1.jpg

IN IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 *PHOTOS & MAPS* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

2jcu0pl.jpg
I never even seen those cameras while i was there.........
Ill post some more pictures, if for no other reason then perhaps someone just wants to see them for curiosity.......and perhaps you can tell us what we are looking at, Because i was amazed when i got home and looked at them, i couldn't remember what they were or which direction.

I never even seen those cameras while i was there.........
Ill post some more pictures, if for no other reason then perhaps someone just wants to see them for curiosity.......and perhaps you can tell us what we are looking at, Because i was amazed when i got home and looked at them, i couldn't remember what they were or which direction.

Yes, please keep posting the pics.

They are helpful.

That is standing in the alley that runs North South from 9th St. to 11th St.
Facing the North side of Smallwood along 9th street. The top floor is the VIP floor where the sports stars & wealthy like to live.
The windows on the lower left corner of Smallwood are a gym / workout facility / business.

College Ave to the left, Morton St. to the right.

Behind the trees directly forward is the entry to Smallwood's underground parking garage, and a side entry/exit into Smallwood's stairwell.

To the left is the empty lot that has been used as construction overflow for the 9th & College Apartment building.

Bub's burgers and Ice Cream are just out of sight on the right on the corner of 9th and Morton St. (yum).

Facing the North side of Smallwood along 9th street. The top floor is the VIP floor where the sports stars & wealthy like to live.
The windows on the lower left corner of Smallwood are a gym / workout facility / business.

Behind the trees directly forward is the entry to Smallwood's underground parking garage, and a side entry/exit into Smallwood's stairwell.

To the left is the empty lot that has been used as construction overflow for the 9th & College Apartment building.

Bub's burgers and Ice Cream are just out of sight on the right on the corner of 9th and Morton St. (yum).

I took this of the front door of small wood to show you need a key.
I didn't
5898839197_911cbf7574_z.jpg
see anywhere for someone to slide a card through to get in the building.

The windows on the left corner of Smallwood are a gym / workout facility / business.

underground parking at smallwood
5899405506_f6a6a8fea2_z.jpg

It's most likely not her. But the sooner LE is able to find her body, the better for the case.

Just out of curiosity is there a reason you guys feel it's "most likely" not her (jjenny you are not the only one to have made that assertion) besides statistics?

ie is it because of the severity of the decomposition, the distance? Or just because technically speaking chances are it's not?

I took this of the front door of small wood to show you need a key.

I didn't see anywhere for someone to slide a card through to get in the building.
5898839197_911cbf7574_z.jpg

That door is facing East along College Ave.

Most of the time that door is unlocked.
You need badges inside the building to use the elevators, but most of the tenets have keys with a chip in them or attached to them, instead of a card.

Once your inside those doors there is a short foyer with another set of glass doors. Once inside them, you are in a long hallway with the building office as the first door on the left, then the stairway door.

On the right the first door is a mail room closet with some pc gear. The next door on the right is the security room. Next is the double elevators.

If you continue straight thru you wind up in the upper floor of the underground parking garage.

Yes it is, note the camera on the corner of the building closest to Morton, pointed down the alley toward the handrail her keys were found at.
The camera cant see the handrail though, its pointed downward too much.

Just outside of the camera viewing area - just a coincidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member