IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not simply put it into a US mail box if it has an address to return it to? Anyway, when I was young that's what we were told to do if we found lost keys or drivers license...

I agree, that's ^^ the right thing to do.

There may not have been any ID inside or since she was at a bar, underage, the ID may have been fake or not hers and may not have helped anyway.

I do think the person who put them on the ledge- after rummaging for $$- did so to make them more visible to someone who may have come looking for them later.

I've never taken a found item to the police. In a few cases of finding someone's wallet/purse I've contacted them directly. In cases of scarves, gloves, etc. I pick it up and put it where the person can find it when they trace their steps or I turn it in and lost and found if there is one, such as at the grocery store. People use Craigslist too. Trust me, this is common in Bloomington and IU campus.

I'm sure a lot of the students living in the downtown apartments do not want to visit the police station for any reason. So they have a system that works for them.
Can you blame them for not wanting to call the police.They would probably end up with a public intoxication ticket.

Nope. We have no information on that whatsoever.

IMO, I think it is insane that nothing has been "looked into" regarding JR's visiter. LS disappearance could very well be tied to this person. I just don't understand the way this investigation is being handled.

I will not post the link because I don't know if it's O.K. to do so or not, but commentors on Tony's website are identifying the friend and saying that he left Bloomington on 6/3/11 ...

You can find the reference at the end of the comments in the last post.

I wonder if JR left then too?

I am sure Tony Gatto is all over this lead and that we will soon hear more about him.

Hey thanks. Good get for Tony. What do you make of the tweet from a Bloomington Restaurant on June 3?

I read this yesterday, and it is quite interesting and sad. I would be curious to read the forensic astrology of a case that has been solved...but the forensic astrology was written (and not changed) prior to it being solved to determine how much of it can be reliable.

Does anyone know of any that they can share? I would be curious to know.

Not sure if theres any on that particular blog, but perhaps on the forensic astrology forum on this site, if you go back, maybe you can find one that one of the astrologers did that was eventually solved...

IMO, I think it is insane that nothing has been "looked into" regarding JR's visiter. LS disappearance could very well be tied to this person. I just don't understand the way this investigation is being handled.

Please don't confuse the media not knowing what has been looked into with LE not looking into something. You just do not know what they have and have not "looked into".

I posted this link on the last thread. I also just asked if she would add charts starting at 3am...the ones posted start at last seen, 4:30 am(according to JR)

Time has to be marked and referenced by media, but sometimes they do look "between". However, two times were given and two charts were looked at.

One for the time at around the truck sighting, which is now proven not part of the case, which is around the time JR last saw LS, and then the last time LS was seen on video.

Also, the Astros here do amazing work; they work really hard at what they do.

Hey thanks. Good get for Tony. What do you make of the tweet from a Bloomington Restaurant on June 3?

IMO, hard to say. He doesn't seem to tweet very much, (though he might have just joined twitter recently) so would he think to tweet after he was involved in some sort of nefarious activity? Especially tweeting something that places him in Bloomington? My gut says no.

We can't assume anything, and we don't know what time it was, but if he was with JR, that would seem to indicate that perhaps they weren't in a rush to leave town.

Time has to be marked and referenced by media, but sometimes they do look "between". However, two times were given and two charts were looked at.

One for the time at around the truck sighting, which is now proven not part of the case, which is around the time JR last saw LS, and then the last time LS was seen on video.

Also, the Astros here do amazing work; they work really hard at what they do.

I agree.I follow their forum also and have even reuested a couple of different charts..I used to do birth charts , but dont know how to do the forensic charts..I find them fascinating and a potentially useful investigative tool.

IMO, hard to say. He doesn't seem to tweet very much, (though he might have just joined twitter recently) so would he think to tweet after he was involved in some sort of nefarious activity? Especially tweeting something that places him in Bloomington? My gut says no.

We can't assume anything, and we don't know what time it was, but if he was with JR, that would seem to indicate that perhaps they weren't in a rush to leave town.

You don't really have to be tweeting from where you say you are. I hope LE had this info long before now.

I posted once before a timing question. I'd love your opinion. If we can guess that HT contacted JR between 1 and 4 on Friday June 3rd to retrace LS steps. It was probably in this conversation that JR told HT that he watched LS go to the corner and checked for stumbles. Do you think JR had consulted his parents/Voyles before these statements?

I agree, especially with the bolded part. It seems like in the generation that has come of age with procedural crime shows being such a part of our pop culture (I'm not knocking them; I'm a junkie myself), we are pretty aware of how our mobile devices &/or social media activity can be used to track us.

He ordered corned beef, lol.

My first reaction was that he could have tweeted that from anywhere, like his car--that he used it as a cover. We don't even know that he's the friend who visited, but a lot of his demographics do fit.

I saved some of his tweets--even though I don't have a T account and I really don't even know how to read them, lol.

I forgot to mention another thing that made me suspicious of his tweet is that it was not directed to anyone. He was just giving his status like a check-in on FB. I don't know how common this is on Twitter. He didn't mention that he was with anyone either. Anyone want to chime in please do.

You don't really have to be tweeting from where you say you are. I hope LE had this info long before now.

I posted once before a timing question. I'd love your opinion. If we can guess that HT contacted JR between 1 and 4 on Friday June 3rd to retrace LS steps. It was probably in this conversation that JR told HT that he watched LS go to the corner and checked for stumbles. Do you think JR had consulted his parents/Voyles before these statements?

Definitely don't have to tweet from where you are, but why write anything that puts you in Bloomington? Unless they're at this restaurant after they've disposed of a body.

As to your question, no, I don't think so. If you're getting at did someone help him fabricate a statement/story to give to HT, then no to the atty for sure. In terms of a timeline for Friday afternoon - what time was HT in class? I know I just re-read her account of JW coming to her class to get the apt key, but I forgot the time.

I forgot to mention another thing that made me suspicious of his tweet is that it was not directed to anyone. He was just giving his status like a check-in on FB. I don't know how common this is on Twitter. He didn't mention that he was with anyone either. Anyone want to chime in please do.

I thought the same thing. But this would be a stupid cover. The restaurant could check receipts and ask employees and get a good sense if he was there or not. Way to risky. Better to make tweet from public park or big box store.

It's a weird tweet in that I think he meant to put the # before the cornedbeef so that twitter would sort it with all the other tweets about cornedbeef. But if he was hanging out with JR & co. he was probably hungover, so it's a reasonable error.

Also no tweets for 4 days afterwards, but that's understandable if he realizes he was partying with the missing girl (even if he had nothing to do with it).

I think it's a good scoop in that it probably identifies JR's mystery visitor, but the tweet itself is not shady at all imo. He woke up and got a reuben for lunch and decided to tweet about it, no big deal. Facebook & Twitter seem to be used primarily for posts about lunch, best I can tell.

Historically this is what Twitter was for - tweeting your location. In that way, any of your social group in the vicinity could meet up with you. My how it has grown since then... in any case, random tweeting of one's location or activity is still extremely common. In fact, there is huge participation in 4 Square -a system in which you check into a location each time you enter, and eventually are awarded "Mayor of Dunkin Donuts on Route 1" status (if it's Dunkin Donuts around the corner for instance.)

I don't think that "check in" tweets are uncommon, especially because we all use our phones to do so much social networking.

Good point that he didn't mention anyone - I think you can read into this a few ways. Does JR have twitter? If not, why mention him, even if he's with him. Or maybe he was there alone because he woke up and JR was nowhere to be found. :crazy:

I am fairly convinced that this person had no clue when he tweeted his location in Bloomington that he was ever going to be involved in this case. And this furthers my belief that JR and his gang may not be the responsible parties in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeilC