IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I really don't see anything interesting about the comment, nor the meaning. I can say it does remind me of the AB tweet that was pretty irreverent regarding LS, and the tweet by someone else about eating in Bloomington. To me, they all make these guys sound uninvolved, at ease, and not at all acting differently. cluciano thinks that young folks "move on" pretty quickly thses days, and that's a possibility. But I think that they would at least go silent out of feeling a little worried until they knew they had "gotten away with things". So to me, all these public comments sway me to feel they weren't involved.

That's an interesting take on it.
I think given the current situation referencing a line from a song from the eighties that refers to someone who's dead is quite peculiar.
Especially when the poster is a young twenties something man and the chosen line includes the words "she", "New York", and "snow".
Maybe he's just a classic rock fan?

In fact..not only do I find these newly surfaced tweets and posts peculiar but extremely interesting.
Maybe a little nervous energy release to break the silence? Why so nervous if innocent?
Imo the first to pop has the most to say and maybe the most to hide.

Besides all that....the rumored AB tweet, if true, was plain rude given the circumstance and he'll get no free passes from me.
He tells on himself with that one

Why weren't dogs sent to zo & ab apt the day they searched the others? Seems to me they would be just as interesting to check up on as the rest of the poi's. Ive been reading for hrs now on my phone and can hardly see at this point. I can not get Lauren out of my head. As always-my prayers & thoughts r with her family. Check ya in the a.m

I think given the current situation referencing a line from a song from the eighties that refers to someone who's dead is quite peculiar.
Especially when the poster is a young twenties something man and the chosen line includes the words "she", "New York", and "snow".

In fact..not only do I find these newly surfaced tweets and posts peculiar but extremely interesting.
Maybe a little nervous energy release to break the silence? Why so nervous if innocent?

Besides all that....the rumored AB tweet, if true, was plain rude given the circumstance and he'll get no free passes from me.

The song does not refer to someone who is dead. It is the second-most popular song of its decade and may remain a radio staple. You ask "why so nervous" after deciding that "nervous" is the explanation. The AB tweet might not have been "rude" to its audience, which shares AB's "sense of humor." Why on earth would anyone tell on themselves?

The song does not refer to someone who is dead. It is the second-most popular song of its decade and may remain a radio staple. You ask "why so nervous" after deciding that "nervous" is the explanation. The AB tweet might not have been "rude" to its audience, which shares AB's "sense of humor." Why on earth would anyone tell on themselves?

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Examine these similar actions as we will, we shall find them resulting solely from the spirit of the Perverse. We perpetrate them because we feel that we should not. Beyond or behind this there is no intelligible principle...
"The Imp of the Perverse", Edgar Allen Poe
http://classiclit.about.com/library/bl-etexts/eapoe/bl-eapoe-imp.htm
[/FONT]

I cannot, for the life of me, dismiss the white truck as unrelated to this crime, for serveral reasons:

The timing: coincides with when LS should have been leaving JR's apt
The odd behavior of the driver: blowing a red light, circling the block a few times?
The driver does not come forward - yet LE approaches driver
The location of the truck - strange. Was he there the day before, the day after?
The pictures - I don't know what your eyes see, but mine see something in the back of the truck and it doesn't loook like it should be. I see the outline of an ear, with pearl like earrings in it.
The phone call to DR - was this someone that DR knew? borrowed his truck? asked him to do him a favor?

IMO bring back the truck. I think there is a web of people involved that extend beyond IU students and go into a dark area of people that would do anything to protect their *advertiser censored**** and operation. Could have easily been a customer that owed some "cash" and this was his way of paying it up. A cadaver dog would pick up on the scent within 10 minutes of death.

At least, at the very least, have the cadaver dogs go over this truck before excluding it from the investigation. No forensics done? Talk to the guy, believe his story, verify (which was easy enough to make a few calls to friends), and let it go? Why didn't the guy come forward for a WEEK? His truck is plastered all over the place? There's a connection between a POI and the driver, perhaps a single text message, but LE needs to find that. Get the driver's phone, pings, calls. Don't let him off after a "talk." He's placed himself in the middle of a crime scene and sorry pal, you'll need to cooperate a bit more. With the drugs rampant on that campus and presumably coming from the main house nearby, this truck guy is connected in some way, it may take a little thinking out of the box, getting phone records, sending tapes to FBI lab for better clarification, but don't walk away yet.

Check the Smallwood videos...Did DR leave the apartment late that night? Who else left? Check all the videos. Who is in the truck with the driver?

LE needs to bring back the white truck. LS left Bloomington and not on foot. That town has been scoured. She isn't there. How convenient that a get-a-way car is parked and running so close to the location of the "activities."

Is this case too big for BPD? Perhaps the DEA/FBI would better serve the parents of Lauren. These POIs skipped out across state lines the very next morning. Grounds for bringing in FBI. I think the resources and cash flow is not equipped to deal with a case like this so rather than wait another 2 months CALL IN FOR HELP. We know there are drugs. Bring on the DEA. Bust this campus wide open.

It is now becoming obvious that this case is going cold. That is very disappointing as there are so many leads and, possibly, 2 POIs which do not appear to have necessarily told everything they knew.

I really dont understand how the last POI might have only given a written statement to the police, without directly talking to them (if that's the case) and not be considered a suspect (not just a POI). If someone is innocent and was just a witness to a disappearance, would not have a problem telling all they know to the police (especially in the presence of their highly expensive lawyer). If he only gave written statements to the police via his lawyer, one can only thing that he is hiding something important to the case.

I am wondering if the FBI is or can get involved in the case. I am not a lawyer, so I do not know the logistics about jurisdiction in the case. But at some point I believe I had read somewhere that the FBI might get involved? Is that true? Does anyone know?

I cannot, for the life of me, dismiss the white truck as unrelated to this crime, for serveral reasons:

The odd behavior of the driver: blowing a red light, circling the block a few times?
The location of the truck - strange. Was he there the day before, the day after?
The pictures - I don't know what your eyes see, but mine see something in the back of the truck and it doesn't loook like it should be. I see the outline of an ear, with pearl like earrings in it.
The phone call to DR - was this someone that DR knew? borrowed his truck? asked him to do him a favor?

IMO bring back the truck. I think there is a web of people involved that extend beyond IU students and go into a dark area of people that would do anything to protect their *advertiser censored**** and operation. Could have easily been a customer that owed some "cash" and this was his way of paying it up. A cadaver dog would pick up on the scent within 10 minutes of death.

Snipped for length. This does not seem like the best way to go about the investigation. The truck was cleared. The driver came forward, the car was searched, it was verified through his co-worker why the truck was driving there. The material in the bed of the truck was also verified. The truck circling was found to be an error involving the time not being lined up. He wasnt circling. This isnt a random car that LE knows nothing about.

My feeling is the white truck is NOT involved and that this is the ONLY thing LE can or has said with any certainty.

It feels like they have learned nothing new since the first weekend.

It is now becoming obvious that this case is going cold. That is very disappointing as there are so many leads and, possibly, 2 POIs which do not appear to have necessarily told everything they knew.

I am wondering if the FBI is or can get involved in the case. I am not a lawyer, so I do not know the logistics about jurisdiction in the case. But at some point I believe I had read somewhere that the FBI might get involved? Is that true? Does anyone know?

With the absolute silence from LE in the last week, I'm not quite as inclined to think the case is cold. My understanding was that FBI was involved pretty early-on in this case. Can't remember where that was written, but I think it was in the H-T.

I believe that the recent article in the H-T about cocaine use in Bloomington is an indicator that there's work going on in flushing out the suspects (and my bet is that they have some!) and in getting more info.

At least, at the very least, have the cadaver dogs go over this truck before excluding it from the investigation. No forensics done? Talk to the guy, believe his story, verify (which was easy enough to make a few calls to friends), and let it go? Why didn't the guy come forward for a WEEK? His truck is plastered all over the place? There's a connection between a POI and the driver, perhaps a single text message, but LE needs to find that. Get the driver's phone, pings, calls. Don't let him off after a "talk." He's placed himself in the middle of a crime scene and sorry pal, you'll need to cooperate a bit more. With the drugs rampant on that campus and presumably coming from the main house nearby, this truck guy is connected in some way, it may take a little thinking out of the box, getting phone records, sending tapes to FBI lab for better clarification, but don't walk away yet.

Check the Smallwood videos...Did DR leave the apartment late that night? Who else left? Check all the videos. Who is in the truck with the driver?

LE needs to bring back the white truck. LS left Bloomington and not on foot. That town has been scoured. She isn't there. How convenient that a get-a-way car is parked and running so close to the location of the "activities."

Is this case too big for BPD? Perhaps the DEA/FBI would better serve the parents of Lauren. These POIs skipped out across state lines the very next morning. Grounds for bringing in FBI. I think the resources and cash flow is not equipped to deal with a case like this so rather than wait another 2 months CALL IN FOR HELP. We know there are drugs. Bring on the DEA. Bust this campus wide open.

I've done a few experiments with the white truck myself. The white arrow in the photo is pointing at what looks to me like a blonde haired woman with the same dark part in her hair as Laurens. Now either this is someone laying down with their head up against the side bed of this truck, or it's an illusion.

We are told the white truck is out, but how can that be when I see what looks like a person in the truck bed?
whitetruck1.jpg

They don't get a pass from me either. The AB tweet is true btw. They're brazen, lacking in empathy, and obviously showed a lack of adult response to LS's condition if they were in her presence. Given ZO's alleged drug enterprise I imagine he considers himself effed again in terms of making money from supplying. Maybe he's giving the finger at this whole debacle and he holds her responsible.

With the absolute silence from LE in the last week, I'm not quite as inclined to think the case is cold. My understanding was that FBI was involved pretty early-on in this case. Can't remember where that was written, but I think it was in the H-T.

I believe that the recent article in the H-T about cocaine use in Bloomington is an indicator that there's work going on in flushing out the suspects (and my bet is that they have some!) and in getting more info.

Me too.

IMO bring back the truck. I think there is a web of people involved that extend beyond IU students and go into a dark area of people that would do anything to protect their *advertiser censored**** and operation.

I do think the truck should be thoroughly investigated with a fine-tooth comb. Like you, I "see" something that unsettles me in the back. I can only think it's an optical illusion, since LE would hopefully be treating the truck differently if it weren't. That said, the timing, location, etc., concerns me. I'd like to think that LE delved/will delve deep, given this is such a crucial time period.

This is the second case I've followed. The first, 30+ years old, recently went to grand jury, following evidence that implicates a new suspect who may have had help. A sketch resembling a victim was found when this suspect committed suicide in 1978. Stained ligatures were also found. The sketch wasn't released to the public until recently. The ligatures were lost over time.

So though still short, it's the passage of time that scares me most about this case. I've read that there's pressure to search the landfill. That, too, should be done now IMO (already done, actually). I'd like to think that all possible connections are being explored.

I really dont understand how the last POI might have only given a written statement to the police, without directly talking to them (if that's the case) and not be considered a suspect (not just a POI). If someone is innocent and was just a witness to a disappearance, would not have a problem telling all they know to the police (especially in the presence of their highly expensive lawyer). If he only gave written statements to the police via his lawyer, one can only thing that he is hiding something important to the case.

June 8 - Day 6
11:30 a.m. The National Center of Missing and Exploited Children and the FBI begin helping the BPD.

bbm...In our case the witness voluntary gave a statement - in writing.

The legal term "suspect" means police have probable cause to believe a person has committed a crime.

The term person of interest has no legal meaning. Probable cause or any other type of cause is not needed for someone to use it -and each person who uses it can and does have their own personal belief as to what the term means to them.

June 8 - Day 6
11:30 a.m. The National Center of Missing and Exploited Children and the FBI begin helping the BPD.

bbm...In our case the witness voluntary gave a statement - in writing.

The legal term "suspect" means police have probable cause to believe a person has committed a crime.

The term person of interest has no legal meaning. Probable cause or any other type of cause is not needed for someone to use it -and each person who uses it can and does have their own personal belief as to what the term means to them.

Given a written statement to the police is not really "voluntary". It seems to be under the advice of a lawyer, to avoid direct police questioning and at the same time claim that they have been "cooperative". To me only someone who has knowledge of a crime or has committed a crime would act like that. An innocent person who has told all truth would be simply willing to talk to the police in the presence of their lawyer. Simple as that. And I have hard time believing that the police would not have requested to speak directly to the last POI who had seen her.

I just checked for covers of "Bette Davis Eyes" on Youtube. It was done recently (2010) by Brandon Flowers of ... I'm not kidding ... a popular band called The Killers. This one's a solo performance.

I don't think this implicates AB, BTW ... the more I think about it, who would do that? He could also have posted this before LS disappeared. What it does show, though, is why he might know the song. My kids, close to his age, listen to Flowers (and his band) a lot.

I'm pretty bad with links, but here it is (hopefully): www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBPlz-XHsVc&feature=related

I do think the truck should be thoroughly investigated with a fine-tooth comb. Like you, I "see" something that unsettles me in the back. I can only think it's an optical illusion, since LE would hopefully be treating the truck differently if it weren't. That said, the timing, location, etc., concerns me. I'd like to think that LE delved/will delve deep, given this is such a crucial time period.

This is the second case I've followed. The first, 30+ years old, recently went to grand jury, following evidence that implicates a new suspect who may have had help. A sketch resembling a victim was found when this suspect committed suicide in 1978. Stained ligatures were also found. The sketch wasn't released to the public until recently. The ligatures were lost over time.

So though still short, it's the passage of time that scares me most about this case. I've read that there's pressure to search the landfill. That, too, should be done now IMO (already done, actually). I'd like to think that all possible connections are being explored.

Last night I posted a link to a story about this pressure that I found on the Love for Lauren FB page. In addition to what we've discussed before on this forum about there being a grid about where the loads are dumped and so on, apparently there is GPS help for this search too. If you haven't checked the link, I really recommend it. I have been learning a lot about landfills lately! I thought that they were just huge dumps of trash, like this.

If the scenario is correct, then CR is almost certainly involved. For instance, everything I've heard about the CR altercation in Smallwood is that it had to do primarily with drugs. And CR would've been doing lines with LS prior to going to Sports. I don't buy this cockamamie BS about the memory loss.

MB? Not sure. We've heard the least about him. He may be telling the truth - LS may have brought CR home after all and invited MB to "party"...but the party was elsewhere. Perhaps someone else arrived at 5 North with LS and CR.

(My bolding above.)

I'm thinking the someone else could be the drug dealer. Who else is both a well-known dealer and an unnamed POI? ZO is the only one that I'm aware of. Maybe he did follow CR and LS to 5 North after the fight.

Given a written statement to the police is not really "voluntary". It seems to be under the advice of a lawyer, to avoid direct police questioning and at the same time claim that they have been "cooperative". To me only someone who has knowledge of a crime or has committed a crime would act like that. An innocent person who has told all truth would be simply willing to talk to the police in the presence of their lawyer. Simple as that. And I have hard time believing that the police would not have requested to speak directly to the last POI who had seen her.

Both speaking and writing to the police is voluntary in this case, as no one has been named a suspect.

Thus, this witness who voluntarily wrote out a statement is not avoiding talking to police and telling them what, if anything, they know because "speaking a statement" is voluntary as well.

Advance apologies if this was already posted.

WSBT (07/19): Landfill has capability to search for missing IU student's possible remains:
Pimento, Ind. — Many are urging the Bloomington Police Department to search a Pimento landfill for the possible remains of missing IU student Lauren Spierer

The Sycamore Ridge Landfill is where all of Bloomington's trash is dumped. Management said if Bloomington Police wanted to search this landfill for Lauren Spierer's possible remains they could find the specific trash they want using something many of us have in our cars: GPS technology. Per state guidelines, each load of trash dumped at Sycamore Ridge is plotted using a GPS locator system.

"Each day the trash that's deposited in the landfill, we have the coordinates of where that trash goes for each day." said Kenny DePasse with Republic Services of Indiana, the company that runs the landfill.

DePasse said trash from Bloomington isn't placed separately, but instead mixed with trash from other areas. GPS coordinates could help police find trash dumped on specific days close to Lauren's disappearance.

"We would have the ability, if someone gave us specific information, to try to come as close as we possibly could to locating that day's deposit," said DePasse.

Bloomington Police said investigators have not searched the landfill, and detectives won't say if that's even a possibility, though.

Public pressure to search the landfill is building. Hundreds have posted comments on social media sites, including the the Bloomington Police Department's Facebook Page, asking why investigators haven't already searched it.

Some are angry, like Lillie Tennen who writes, "If you have not searched the landfill, then you are clearly not suited to work on the case."

Others like Heidi Delis simply beg for more searching, posting, "The public is begging you to put the Lauren case back on the front burner and search the landfills and anywhere else that might have been missed. WE the public are ready and willing to help just say the word."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Louiwebb