IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You may be right about the "memory loss of convenience." However, just because someone doesn't lose consciousness does not mean that he didn't have a brain injury or even a concussion (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001802/). That's one of the biggest misconceptions about concussions.

/steps off soapbox :innocent:

I personally think that if he does have memory loss, it is more likely to be a result of drugs.

True. Theoretically it is possible. However, somehow I dont believe it. The same way I dont believe the story of the other POI that she left walking alone at 4.30 AM.

True. Theoretically it is possible. However, somehow I dont believe it. The same way I dont believe the story of the other POI that she left walking alone at 4.30 AM.

Ha! Yeah, IMO any memory loss is from the drugs (if they were consuming Xanax, coke, and/or alcohol). I think that if someone got punched hard enough to cause a concussion, his face would be seriously rearranged.

I do know for a fact that xanax-especially bars-can def cause memory loss! Would really like to know how much of what they really did have that night. Xanie bars could most def have you leaving your stuff all over the place too. If you take them as directed you wouldnt have any problems but obviously we r not talking about them taking them as directed.

I must say I have learned a lot about landfills from this thread!

Is landfill searching something that volunteers could help out with, or would the liability to searchers be so great/they would need so much supervision that it would still be impractical?

The LE I've seen who have done it say that it is very dangerous and also a bio-hazard, so they have to use professionals for liability purposes. But when they did the search in Grand Junction, I know it would take as much as a whole day to search a very small area in the landfill...it is a HUGE project.

I do think that would be the best way to get rid of a body.To put her in a dumpster,it takes a lot more risk to put one in a car knowing the body fluids,not to mention smell would be in the trunk.Even cleaning every inch would not destroy all evidence.I say the landfill is the best bet,and would be very time consuming.If these kids were messed up and drunk I don't think they would want to risk driving and getting pulled over.I would think some paranoia would take over and they would want to find the easiest way out.JMO.They know in just a short period of time someone would report her missing

When LE has done landfill searches in the past, it is a very tedious process that takes weeks sometimes and can't really be done without being noticed, i.e. the press would have known if a true landfill search was taking place, I believe. The murders of Jennifer and Abby Blagg in Grand Junction, CO is one search I remember reading about (Jennifer was eventually found) and there have been others. If they were to do this now, after two months (almost) they would have to move truckloads of refuse to even get to the section where they might possibly find her. A huge project, in any case.

I know it is a tedious process cluciano and I am just jumping off your post here. However, IMO, the process would be less tedious if the landfill was searched soon after Lauren's disappearance.

I can't help but be reminded of Somer Thomson's remains being found in that landfill in GA although she was last seen in her FL neighborhood. It was gut instinct and good detective work on behalf of the sheriff to search the landfill so soon after her disappearance. His common sense told him she never left that neighborhood and he immediately investigated when the dumpsters and trash were collected and to which landfill the waste was taken.

Somer seemingly disappeared 'into thin air without a trace' just like Lauren. But there were no video cameras along the street where Somer disappeared, unlike the area where Lauren disappeared.

I am so very disappointed that LE did not search that Btown landfill shortly after Lauren's disappearance. It was a transition time for her peers who were not attending summer session and were moving out of their apts. I don't wanna type what I am thinking but.........

People don't just go
POOF!!!
into the night!

Why wasn't the landfill searched early on?

MOO

wm

I do know for a fact that xanax-especially bars-can def cause memory loss! Would really like to know how much of what they really did have that night. Xanie bars could most def have you leaving your stuff all over the place too. If you take them as directed you wouldnt have any problems but obviously we r not talking about them taking them as directed.

I posted a long one about this yesterday; I guess it is in the previous thread, but I found some interesting studies about how benzodiazepines affect memory & behavior. Also I take lorazepam (same class of drugs) as a prescription, and I can tell you first-hand that it impairs memory! :eek:

If I were the parent I would take some of that big reward money and pay professionals to search the landfill.I don't feel anyone is coming forward and only a few or one know where she is.How often is a reward money claimed? I feel that if someone wanted that money they would have come forward by now if they knew.As far as the one(s) involved they surely don't want that money.Jail time is much worse and their parents are loaded anyway.If LE searches it will take a lot of time and manpower,they probably don't have.Like everyone knows ,not knowing is the worst.I agree

It wouldn't have been that hard to search the landfill at the same time the lakes were searched. They'd know where the Bloomington garbage was and the dig wouldn't be too deep -- a bulldozer could do most of the work.

This stuff the BPD said about methane is a load of backpedaling bulls***. 2 day old garbage doesn't create methane. There'd be no more danger than normally exists for the landfill employees who push the garbage around.

If the transfer station was searched, the BPD would have said so! If they mistakenly neglected to mention it the other day they would have by now, given the blowback.

If she was in a suitcase, there's a good case she would have been missed at the xfer station or the landfill.

There's as good of a chance that she's in that landfill and forever gone as she is anywhere else.

Also of note: Lauren's cousins - who should have an idea what's going on should know the pulse of the immediate family -- are on repeatedly tweeting "PLZ RT! BPD is 2 cheap 2 rule out TerreHaute Landfill! Spread the word! Need2 rule it out #FindLauren" (@amspierer and espierer)

Where are these dumpsters located where the guys live? I thought someone said they were located inside while the parking area is or am I mistaken.Too many threads to dig through.Since none of these guys she was with that night are not talking and have lawyers.I think finding Lauren is the only way to get to them.I would include JW in this as well,he is not out of the clear in my mind.I keep reading this posts and all good thoughts but I feel like it is going around in circles.The circle gets bigger and bigger and very little facts.

It wouldn't have been that hard to search the landfill at the same time the lakes were searched. They'd know where the Bloomington garbage was and the dig wouldn't be too deep -- a bulldozer could do most of the work.

This stuff the BPD said about methane is a load of backpedaling bulls***. 2 day old garbage doesn't create methane. There'd be no more danger than normally exists for the landfill employees who push the garbage around.

If the transfer station was searched, the BPD would have said so! If they mistakenly neglected to mention it the other day they would have by now, given the blowback.

If she was in a suitcase, there's a good case she would have been missed at the xfer station or the landfill.

There's as good of a chance that she's in that landfill and forever gone as she is anywhere else.

Remember Lori Hacking they found her body parts in the landfill and I think it
was months after searching.I don't think it's to late.

Where are these dumpsters located where the guys live? I thought someone said they were located inside while the parking area is or am I mistaken.Too many threads to dig through.Since none of these guys she was with that night are not talking and have lawyers.I think finding Lauren is the only way to get to them.I would include JW in this as well,he is not out of the clear in my mind.I keep reading this posts and all good thoughts but I feel like it is going around in circles.The circle gets bigger and bigger and very little facts.

The dumpster at 5 north is in the parking area in back. Literally steps away from JR's unit. Then a few more steps for CR. It is on the small side. Since several people had already moved out it may not have been too full. It is surrounded by fencing on 2-3 sides.

P.S. There are no back entrances. He has to go out front door and walk around the nw corner of the building.

I think that's a good theory...

Another that I've been wondering about (purely speculation, of course), is that the "activity" may have involved "key hits" of cocaine. Makes sense considering they were in an alley & wanted to quickly get a high without being detected. Also could possibly account for dropped keys following this activity (maybe they were in someone's pocket up until that point), and would make sense, out of respect to Lauren's family, why LE is beating around the bush a bit with that one. JMO, of course

Most the POIs live just steps away. There's no reason to do it in the alley.

Also of note: Lauren's cousins - who should have an idea what's going on should know the pulse of the immediate family -- are on repeatedly tweeting "PLZ RT! BPD is 2 cheap 2 rule out TerreHaute Landfill! Spread the word! Need2 rule it out #FindLauren" (@amspierer and espierer)

Why Terre Haute? Is that where the landfill for Bloomington is, because it's about an hour away...

Gabby - this isn't directed at you, as I think yours was just a typo, but I do want to re-emphasize that AA is the person who was found by MSM and when interviewed he said he saw the key/purse on the floor around 3 AM. Afterward, his friend (no ID known) moved them to the railing.
There is absolutely NOTHING anywhere that ties AA to the case other than he saw keys.

AB is a person who is rumored to reside with ZO, and again, there is NOTHING to say that he has any involvement in this case. His involvement has come by way of his friendship with ZO, and his appearance possibly fitting a description of a witness that sighted LS with a man at a time or place unverified by LE.

I think it is good that we are aware of the people around and about, but IMHO (and MHO only) recently, we have been a little too quick to associate random people with criminal activity without substantiation.

The person rumored to be JRs guest is especially troublesome. One site claims they attended the same HS, they did not. And the only thing that this person has done is to be from Michigan and to be eating a meal in Bloomington. There is no reason this person should be even mentioned.

jmho and all that... I think the internet is getting a little too witch-hunty for my tastes on this case.

(my bold) I googled JR and DB, and it looks like both graduated from Cranbrook in '08. JR played varsity football and DB played soccer. (JR is listed under first name "Jason".) Perhaps JR started high school at W. Bloomfield High and transferred to Cranbrook? JR and DB may have known each other, because it's a small private school. But, unless I missed something, we have no proof that DB was visiting JR, or even that they're friends. Like you said, all we know is that he ate a meal in Bloomington that day!

Edit: Another possibility, there could be two people named JR, if it's a common name?

Why Terre Haute? Is that where the landfill for Bloomington is, because it's about an hour away...

Yes the landfill for Bloomington is in Terre Haute. It is also the same landfill for many other municipalities, including Indianapolis from what I've heard.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the family break from the BPD somewhat. They're probably getting desperate, have played it BPD's way all this time, and they probably feel it's not gotten them anywhere.

If they are feeling BPD has been dropping the ball then I'd expect there will be some leaks to the MSM of info about the case not heard before. I'm just guessing the family has been privy to some details that has helped keep them quiet while letting LE do what they've been doing. But, if either that info stream has dried up leading to family frustrations, and/or with the lack of any progress in finding LS, then I suspect things will get interesting. The family seems like they'd be in a position to put heat on BPD without making themselves look bad.

Gabby - this isn't directed at you, as I think yours was just a typo, but I do want to re-emphasize that AA is the person who was found by MSM and when interviewed he said he saw the key/purse on the floor around 3 AM. Afterward, his friend (no ID known) moved them to the railing.
There is absolutely NOTHING anywhere that ties AA to the case other than he saw keys.

AB is a person who is rumored to reside with ZO, and again, there is NOTHING to say that he has any involvement in this case. His involvement has come by way of his friendship with ZO, and his appearance possibly fitting a description of a witness that sighted LS with a man at a time or place unverified by LE.

I think it is good that we are aware of the people around and about, but IMHO (and MHO only) recently, we have been a little too quick to associate random people with criminal activity without substantiation.

The person rumored to be JRs guest is especially troublesome. One site claims they attended the same HS, they did not. And the only thing that this person has done is to be from Michigan and to be eating a meal in Bloomington. There is no reason this person should be even mentioned.

jmho and all that... I think the internet is getting a little too witch-hunty for my tastes on this case.

Oddly enough he is at the same location as Lauren at about the same time LE states that the "activity" took place, yet he didn't see or hear anything? I don't think anyone has connected him but also don't believe he's been completely disconnected from this crime. There was talk about AA awhile back. Don't remember what was concluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay