IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys
Does anyone remember the post yesterday....i think it was by cspring who was upset after her friend said something about something smelling like a "dead body" when they drove past somewhere?
She said she wanted to go back there and search.
Has anyone heard anything else from her? If she reported it? Or where this place was?
Cspring? I think that's who it was.....

Hey! I drove back there last night and again today-the smell was gone. With the heat like its been theres just no way a body could continue being hid in the middle of the city. I just dont know what to do with all this information-theres sooo many rumors...with nothing seeming to come from them. Her mom and dad are always on my mind.
I just dont see her body being in my neighborhood. Its all city.

Thanks for coming back so quick to let us know....
This is so frustrating...:(

I started back where she made mention of the smell-covered many blocks back n forth...I think my imagination mustve been getting the better of me. Ive never been so pulled to a missing person case before.

I pretty much keep my phone on this site allday and just keep refreshing. It is by far the best site for logical discussion. I would like to think if something ever happened to me thered be ppl like yall out there thinking about me and caring about what happened.

I pretty much keep my phone on this site allday and just keep refreshing. It is by far the best site for logical discussion. I would like to think if something ever happened to me thered be ppl like yall out there thinking about me and caring about what happened.

I agree!!

Learned something new:
"The Sycamore Ridge Landfill is where all of Bloomington's trash is dumped. Management said if Bloomington Police wanted to search this landfill for Lauren Spierer's possible remains they could find the specific trash they want using something many of us have in our cars: GPS technology. Per state guidelines, each load of trash dumped at Sycamore Ridge is plotted using a GPS locator system. "

http://www.wsbt.com/news/wxin-laure...nts-possible-remains-20110719,0,6241415.story

British - I'm really doubting that it's a rumor, because of the search of route 37. I know that it was reported as a strong smell of decomp, but that doesn't do it for me.

Good point. I think you are right. Now, they did not find anything. Nevertheless, if they were there because of the phone records, it means the body should be within 30-60 min from that spot. The POI might have called on the way there or back.

Why are we assuming that JR was the last to see her? LE has not confirmed that as far as I know. What if JW was waiting for her in the gravel parking lot. The source did not say there was a call was made from Martinsville, it could have been just pings. So what if LE knows she was with JW and the pings were from his phone?

Good point. I think you are right. Now, they did not find anything. Nevertheless, if they were there because of the phone records, it means the body should be within 30-60 min from that spot. The POI might have called on the way there or back.

I *think* there may be a cell tower on Legendary Hill-- location of the 37 search.

Can you please explain how the calculation of 30-60 min is derived? TY

B x2 -- your quote won't fit in my iPhone. Thanx for your diplomacy. Although person is not as interested as me, s/he has read everything in HT paper. Was very specific when telling me this and found it memorable because it's the only thing person has heard that's not been in paper. I said "that's big info." person said "I know." we both are very respectful of one another. Clients are mostly college-educated, w/jobs, careers. Gotta take a break BRB.

Why are we assuming that JR was the last to see her? LE has not confirmed that as far as I know. What if JW was waiting for her in the gravel parking lot. The source did not say there was a call was made from Martinsville, it could have been just pings. So what if LE knows she was with JW and the pings were from his phone?

Within the first day or two of the investigation, JR has been said to be the last to see her. Look in any article, like this one for example
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/28/jason-rosenbaum-friend-of_n_886204.html

The word "triangulation" was not used. I don't know if this info is based on technical info gathering. I thought about it afterward, wondering if LE looked at someone's physical phone.

How else could such info be obtained?

Federal Directives concerning capturing and maintaining call records, (CALEA) ensure the information is saved in databases for a given period of time.

Section 102(2) of CALEA defines call-identifying information as "dialing or signaling information that identifies the origin, direction, destination, or termination of each communication generated or received by a subscriber by means of any equipment, facility, or service of a telecommunications carrier."

We are talking the distance from Bloomington - Martinsville - 31 mins / 21.17 miles. <modsnip>

There is a cell dead zone just north of where the highway splits.

If heading north, you pick the signal up again just about Pine Blvd, which is the top of a hill, and would be your first connection to the cell tower at Legendary Hills IIRC.

You can take a right onto Pine Blvd then the first right to wind up in Morgan Monroe State Forrest, but you'll loose signal off and on in the Forrest in my experience.

There is a cell dead zone just north of where the highway splits.

If heading north, you pick the signal up again just about Pine Blvd, which is the top of a hill, and would be your first connection to the cell tower at Legendary Hills IIRC.

You can take a right onto Pine Blvd then the first right to wind up in Morgan Monroe State Forrest, but you'll loose signal off and on in the Forrest in my experience.

Thank you, and how well would that signal be around the Oliver Winery?

Federal Directives concerning capturing and maintaining call records, (CALEA) ensure the information is saved in databases for a given period of time.

Thanx. I meant the pinging, triangulation , panging part :).

Jupiter812 -- did you get the feeling that your source knew whether that info had either come from an LE source or was at least known to LE? If not, I think it would be worth calling the tip line with that info just to be sure they have it!

Thank you, and how well would that signal be around the Oliver Winery?

The signal around Oliver is manageable, but I think that would be a different cell tower closer to Bloomington, on Burma road IIRC.

But I suppose it will be dependent on your cell provider. Not all cell towers have every provider on it of course.

Here is a map of the cell towers. Scroll up to see the area between Bloomington, and Martinsville.

Anyone know who his provider was? AT&T is the largest of course. You can filter the map by providers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferM2017