IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its driving us all nuts but not her friends(i still have some twitters)because they know what happened and we dont.

This is all pure speculation without any factual basis whatsoever. I think JW is the only one of the main POIs who is obviously completely innocent. Why? For a few obvious reasons:

1. His roomate testified that he was with him that night and he went to sleep, while he was there.
2. He was the one who searched for her next morning. He was trying to find her and went to her apartment to see if see was there after getting the keys from her roomate.
3. He was the one who contacted LS's parents and initiated the actions that ultimately led to a police report.

All these are actions of someone sincerely concerned and worried who was trying to find his girlfriend.

I am surprised that police has not officially cleared him yet. I believe that eventually they will, but it is probably still too early in the investigation and in the absence of a body do not want to make a mistake even for a remote possibility. My guess is that police must know by now what happened or have very strong suspicions and circumstantial evidence, but in the absence of a body and any physical evidence they can not make an arrest yet. To me the story of her leaving at 4.30 AM from the apartment of the last POI without shoes, phone, or keys to go to her apartment, while all the accounts from that night were that she was completely out of it from alcohol (and apparently drugs) does not add up.

In addition to that JW actually searched for LS for a few days and reportedly confronted another one of the POI's before he was dragged back to NY by his father.
Rumor has it that his movements in those days were at least in part tracked by on-board gps in his car.
LE has searched for LS amidst several scenarios including the "boyfriend" scenario.
IMO he hasn't behaved in a manner I would expect a "guilty" person to.

I think he would have stayed and continued to search except for the fact that he was indeed named a POI and LE recommended he did not participate in searches.
Plus the Spierer's had no idea what to believe and everyone was a suspect to them.

If you think about it...what if you're named a POI, then you happen to be the one to find LS...how's that going to look?

HT reported it was in fact Lauren that made the 4:15 AM call from JR's phone to DR. Makes you wonder how much more HT knows. I think this is the Spierers call out to Lauren's friends to come forward, even anonymously, with info that you know. HT has a wealth of information, having not been there that night. Strange. Also strange that she reported that Lauren made "some poor choices" that night, yet doesn't explain or elaborate. She is either media hungry or knows more that we believe. She spoke to several of the POIs, including giving JW a key to the apt (while she was in class) the next morning, so he can search there. Wouldn't HT have searched there already? Note that HT was with these POIs earlier that evening (at least JW that we know of) with Lauren so she knows who was in JRs apt and knew a lot of what was going on with Lauren (what she was doing, if she was doing drugs). I think HT should be treated as a POI based on the information she is providing. I think HT knows more. I think HT played both sides of the table that night (CR with Lauren and ratting her out with JW, the boyfriend).

For all we know, she is a POI, as LE hasn't released a list of them.

My hinky meter goes up when she opens her mouth. Not to mention, her roommate, by all accounts, may be deceased and I have yet to see an emotional plea from that girl. She always manages to doll herself up before the cameras.

Some may disagree with me about HT but this is MOO.

That speculation is almost inappropriate. HT is a 20 year old girl whose roomate disappeared. Calling her a potential "POI" is ridiculous. She was was not with her that night and there is nothing to suggest any involvement. To me her behavior was perfectly fine. She is a 20 year old girl under stress whose roomate disappeared. Think of how scared and worried she must be.

In addition to that JW actually searched for LS for a few days and reportedly confronted another one of the POI's before he was dragged back to NY by his father.
Rumor has it that his movements in those days were at least in part tracked by on-board gps in his car.
LE has searched for LS amidst several scenarios including the "boyfriend" scenario.
IMO he hasn't behaved in a manner I would expect a "guilty" person to.

I think he would have stayed and continued to search except for the fact that he was indeed named a POI and LE recommended he did not participate in searches.
Plus the Spierer's had no idea what to believe and everyone was a suspect to them.

Exactly. I agree completely.

Maybe I missed this or the post was deleted BUT

Where did this rumor come from that there was a ping from Martinsville on a POI's phone?

There weren't any volunteer searches up that way, were there? That would provide evidence against this possibility, imo.

<my snip>

Oh the pesky GPS. Any more info about that?

Most of these POIs have nice, new vehicles I presume. If one of them was used to transport body, POI would have some 'splainin to do.

That speculation is almost inappropriate. HT is a 20 year old girl whose roomate disappeared. Calling her a potential "POI" is ridiculous. She was was not with her that night and there is nothing to suggest any involvement. To me her behavior was perfectly fine. She is a 20 year old girl under stress whose roomate disappeared. Think of how scared and worried she must be.

She doesnt appear worried or scared to me! Of course-we ALL behave differently in dif situations. We cant say some1 isnt acting how they should be when their friend is missing....i just know how I would be. And its not how this girl is acting. At this point i just want the parents to have their child back so they can lay her to rest. How do u even begin to go on w/ ur life after something like this? God-i pray they find some peace soon.

Where did this rumor come from that there was a ping from Martinsville on a POI's phone?

There weren't any volunteer searches up that way, were there? That would provide evidence against this possibility, imo.

Where do any rumors come from? The grapevine. But you are right. There were no volunteer searches. Just a hole in the ground where utility company had dug. They did not return so this is starting to look like rumor with a capital R.

Even though there are no general searching going on.

Anyone know if there searching and looking for any volunteers over the weekend............Saturday perhaps?

Btown you heard of any private searching going on?

I'm not aware of any, but there may be some I've not heard about.

Where do any rumors come from? The grapevine. But you are right. There were no volunteer searches. Just a hole in the ground where utility company had dug. They did not return so this is starting to look like rumor with a capital R.

Thats true, but she is as much of "POI" as any of the other roomates or other friends of LS. HT was not with her that night and there is nothing to suggest that she knows more than any other friends of a LS that were not with her that night. She is not a key person in the story.

For some reason some have focused on HT because they did not like her demeanor in the interviews in the news and some somehow seem to "attack" her character/style. That's what I find ridiculous and inappropriate. She is a 20 year old girl. JMO.

Thats true, but she is as much of "POI" as any of the other roomates or other friends of LS. HT was not with her that night and there is nothing to suggest that she knows more than any other friends of a LS that were not with her that night. She is not a key person in the story.For some reason some have focused on HT because they did not like her demeanor in the interviews in the news and some somehow seem to "attack" her character/style. That's what I find ridiculous and inappropriate. She is a 20 year old girl. JMO.

BBM

No one said HT was KEY person in the story, just aother POI. YES, HT WAS with LS earlier that night...
HT also told LE what JR told her;another POI and the last person alleged to have seen her.

Thats true, but she is as much of "POI" as any of the other roomates or other friends of LS. HT was not with her that night and there is nothing to suggest that she knows more than any other friends of a LS that were not with her that night. She is not a key person in the story.

For some reason some have focused on HT because they did not like her demeanor in the interviews in the news and some somehow seem to "attack" her character/style. That's what I find ridiculous and inappropriate. She is a 20 year old girl. JMO.

This focus exists precisely because HT put herself at the center of media attention as if she is the spokesperson. She has even spoken for JR about LS's whereabouts and steps that night. C'mon.

This focus exists precisely because HT put herself at the center of media attention as if she is the spokesperson. She has even spoken for JR about LS's whereabouts and steps that night. C'mon.

She just repeated what JR said. That's not a big deal. She believed his story. How does that make her an important POI? There is no factual basis for all these strong criticisms against her. Just an interview in which she pretty much said she is friends with JR and she believed his story. She was the roomate of LS and it is only natural that she spoke to the media. I really dont get it.

IMO [JW] hasn't behaved in a manner I would expect a "guilty" person to.

I tend to agree.

However, I'd also like to hear from JW's attorney -- Joe (not "Larry" as reported by some news outlets) Lozano -- that JW, like CR & MB, has in fact provided DNA to investigators, whether voluntarily or per request.

JW's DNA could be used to isolate DNA from individuals who are not known acquaintances of LS should the need for such comparisons arise.

It bothered and still bothers me that I've yet to find a news report which (definitively) confirms JW did or has provided DNA to investigators.

I've just looked for the post you are asking about and I can't find it either. perhaps it was deleted.

She just repeated what JR said. That's not a big deal. She believed his story. How does that make her an important POI? There is no factual basis for all these strong criticisms against her. Just an interview in which she pretty much said she is friends with JR and she believed his story. She was the roomate of LS and it is only natural that she spoke to the media. I really dont get it.

I agree. Poor HT. I think she has learned first hand that No good deed goes unpunished. IF you are reading here HT. I hope you know you did a great job and I appreciate it.

I dont know where to go with all this today. What r we missing????

I agree. Every single 1 of them! Itd be a good start. Man i really hope LE has more than we think they do

Seriously, nobody else finds it bizarro that JW and LS roommates filed a missing person report without talking to everyone they KNEW LS was with that night? I still contend if they talked to everyone, the fingers would be pointing at JR from day one, not CR. Unless there is a GIGANTIC gap in the story we have been told.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste