IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would CR and/or MB also be involved with the cover-up?

And sorry for all of the questions!! Thanks for answering what you feel comfortable answering.

If the scenario is correct, then CR is almost certainly involved. For instance, everything I've heard about the CR altercation in Smallwood is that it had to do primarily with drugs. And CR would've been doing lines with LS prior to going to Sports. I don't buy this cockamamie BS about the memory loss.

MB? Not sure. We've heard the least about him. He may be telling the truth - LS may have brought CR home after all and invited MB to "party"...but the party was elsewhere. Perhaps someone else arrived at 5 North with LS and CR.

Let's put it this way...the drug dealer isn't one of the POIs named by LE to this point.

If this scenario is accurate, it likely involves JR covering for the DD.

Does the rumor mill put the alleged DD as someone who permanently resides in state or out?

Does the rumor mill put the alleged DD as someone who permanently resides in state or out?

In-state.

And to answer your question about Indy, it's admittedly a guess, but it offers significantly more opportunities than Bloomington for effective disposal. And it fits the people involved, particularly if the DD got help up the food chain.

northsider...

You posted that she may never be found, but you said that multiple people in this group had talked to LE about what happened.

So do you still think that she won't ever be found?

Here is the initial story that broke regarding that altercation (and the one that brought about the reaction from the family indicating that they did not give the quote).

Apparently, the story about an altercation at Smallwood was reported in the IDS (Indiana Daily Student, IU's publication) as early as June 8. The story was removed from the IDS website due to conflicting information:

http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81870

IDS Reports

POSTED AT 09:12 PM ON Jun. 8, 2011 (UPDATED AT 02:10 PM ON Jun. 10, 2011)
Bloomington Police Department Lt. Bill Parker denied repeatedly that missing IU student Lauren Spierer was “directly involved” in any altercation. He did not respond to any questions regarding an altercation that reportedly took place the night that Lauren disappeared. He also refused to comment on whether or not Corey Rossman was involved in an altercation, as some news organizations have reported.

The supposed altercation at Smallwood was also reported by WAVE3, citing the Journal News in NY as their source, on June 8:

http://www.wave3.com/story/14871996/father-video-shows-iu-student-in-altercation-with-men

Posted: Jun 08, 2011 11:33 PM EDT Updated: Jun 09, 2011 7:07 AM EDT
By Connie Leonard - email

BLOOMINGTON, IN (WAVE) – The New York newspaper that serves the hometown of a missing Indiana University student reported Wednesday night that video footage from security cameras at Lauren Spierer's apartment shows her and several men in an argument the morning she disappeared. Bloomington Police have not confirmed the report, but Robert Spierer, Lauren's father, reportedly told the Journal News the video does show his daughter and a male she was with in some kind of altercation with a group of other men at the Smallwood apartments.

Hi Folks. I'd left the sleuthing behind at frustration with both the investigation and what I perceived as the failure to focus on what seemed to me to be by far the most probable storyline, which was basically the same one Northsider just laid out. It certainly could be off the mark, or misdirection, but my bet is that it is the most fruitful path for investigation, not that others should not be followed as well. I am less skeptical of CR's story than Northsider, given CR's cooperation and demeanor, but perhaps there is something more there as well.

- It's suspected by this group of people that LS got drugs from this dealer, the dealer let her stay in his place, he passed out, and when he woke up she was dead from an OD, and her body was subsequently dumped.

- The police have been told all of this by multiple people in this group.

I'd think that LE could've found enough cause for a warrant and searched this person's apt/home (including using cadaver dogs) based on this type of info.

So, as logical as it sounds there must be something missing or wrong with the scenario... or conflicting names being mentioned as the dealer to the point the police couldn't get a warrant due to a lack of specificity or something else.

...Unless I'm missing something...

...or they really are inept...

I'd think that LE could've found enough cause for a warrant and searched this person's apt/home (including using cadaver dogs) based on this type of info.

Isn't the apt being referenced that of a POI and one that has already been searched? I believe the implication here is that another, unknown, individual may have been present prior to the OD and in any event aided in the disposal.

Isn't the apt being referenced that of a POI and one that has already been searched? I believe the implication here is that another, unknown, individual may have been present prior to the OD and in any event aided in the disposal.

Northsider was indicating it was the place of another person, that is known to LE, but has not been named as a POI.

After all this time, only one thing is clear. There appear to be a lot of rumors flying around. What I am not sure of is how much any of these rumors have to do with reality. If LS went off somewhere else, why would JR be saying she was in his apartment and he saw her leave, thus making himself a POI? That lawyer of his doesn't come cheap.

Let's put it this way...the drug dealer isn't one of the POIs named by LE to this point.

Note that LE has not in fact named any POI, except JR, and that only apparently on background to a single print publication. While JW has been confirmed to be a POI in response to a question at a news conference, he has never been named by LE (though the question came after his name had already been revealed, so that might be considered naming as well). The names of CR and MB came from their attorneys. The same may have been true I don't recall - of DR, who, like HT, voluntarily spoke with the media.

Northsider was indicating it was the place of another person, that is known to LE, but has not been named as a POI.

I understand who Northsider is (speculatively) pointing to, but was s/he indicating that the OD occurred at that person's place or elsewhere?

If this person is a dealer that is higher up on the food chain than a piddly little inexperienced college student it is also possible that they would be able to deal with it in a way that a search and cadaver dogs wouldn't even pick up on it.

I understand who Northsider is (speculatively) pointing to, but was s/he indicating that the OD occurred at that person's place or elsewhere?

- It's suspected by this group of people that LS got drugs from this dealer, the dealer let her stay in his place, he passed out, and when he woke up she was dead from an OD, and her body was subsequently dumped.

My interpretation of that is that the OD occurred at this unnamed dealer's place.

I admit to not being especially familiar with "search and cadaver dogs," but I don't understand what utility they would have in searching for someone who was disposed of with the aid of an unknown individual('s vehicle?).

The second story quoted above was reported on npr, and McQuaid works for FOX. Granted, one could be paraphrasing the other. But it's more than just the "they were friends of JW" and "no they weren't".
Initially, and sorry to say there are no links left to back this up (but others here remember this as well) the whole altercation was covered up by LE. They said it never happened. Then LS's uncle, or maybe her Dad actually was on FB saying "We never told you about any altercation - it never happened" on the same page of FB where they HAD said it did. If you listen to McQuaid's story the very first thing he says is "I knew about that altercation before, I just couldn't tell you, and now I can".

His friends, not his friends, it happened, no it didn't. Sorry, but there is SOMETHING here that is more than meets the eye. And I wish we knew!!!
Here's the link. It didn't disappear. I've watched it numerous times over the past six weeks.

June 9, 2011, Lauren Spierer Police Press Conference Uncut

Lt. Bill Parker in response to a reporter's question beginning at approx 1:30 min.
I'm not going to release specific statements. In general you know that's what I mean. But I do want to make a kind of definitive statement. Lauren was not involved in any altercation. All of our information, including video and interviews, indicates that Lauren was not involved in an altercation. I want to make that clear.
He firmly refuses to discuss any details of the altercation, but stresses that Lauren was not involved. Not once, however, does he deny an altercation occurred.

I admit to not being especially familiar with "search and cadaver dogs," but I don't understand what utility they would have in searching for someone who was disposed of with the aid of an unknown individual('s vehicle?).

They could have tried to trace her from the last place she was known to be for sure because it's on camera, which is in the alley.

They could have tried to trace her from the last place she was known to be for sure because it's on camera, which is in the alley.

Well, I think it's safe to say she went to one or both of 5 North and 10th and College Apts. I'm unsure how useful it would be to use dogs in these places if she was traveling between them and/or had visited them previously. In any event, presumably the trail runs cold if she is put in an unidentified vehicle.

Well, I think it's safe to say she went to one or both of 5 North and 10th and College Apts. I'm unsure how useful it would be to use dogs in these places if she was traveling between them and/or had visited them previously. In any event, presumably the trail runs cold if she is put in an unidentified vehicle.

Aren't we discussing the rumor that she actually went somewhere else entirely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste