IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok thanks Bx2 and Bessie, I feel like I can get some rest now. I was making myself a little crazy there for a minute.
That's not to say I don't still have issues with JW. Abbey I'm wth you on it, I remember the whole FB debacle as it was what really piqued my interest before I even checked in here.

nite nite everyone!

Hello all,

I have been lurking from the outset of the case, and I felt it was time to give some input on several of the overarching theories that people have come up with so far. I am an IU student but also consider myself a Bloomington Resident. I have lived in all range of neighborhoods from Bloomington subsidized housing, to the western (so called "townie" outskirts), student dorms, and central student off-campus housing. I believe I have a great feel for the many social spheres in this town.
The first thing I wanted to address was recent conversation about "The Hill"-- Pigeon Hill and surrounding subsidized housing. Firstly, "The Hill" is not nearly as close to the area where Lauren was last seen as some have considered/construed it to be. It is at least a mile or more away from 10th and college by my estimation (certainly somewhere you wouldn't stumble in to from tenth and college, are stumble out of to tenth and college).
I remember in some earlier posts some mentioned rumors that Lauren had been seen hanging out in the Hill. This is highly highly highly unlikely, as close to impossible as you can get without verification. Someone of LS's wealth would be absolutely horrified of the Hill ( I am by no means validating this attitude, but any of you who have been in the Hill know what I am talking about). I would say 95% of student don't even know the area exists, let alone go/have been there.
Another problematic issue with the hill theory is that the criminals there a (and there is a denser population than in almost all the other parts of town) are experienced. I would find it very surprising for such a criminal to target a wealthy, white, female student for a rape/murder or abduction, knowing fully the type of attention it was bound to receive.
The last problematic issue with the Hill being connected to LS's case is the silence around the case. In most of the "rough" neighborhoods in Bloomington, there is considerable social conflict and drama between factions of neighbors (NOT gangs). Gossip is also rampant, There almost certainly would have been noise, accusations, and perhaps even a conviction by now in there was a connection to the Hill (especially considering the large rewards offered by LS's parents).

Hi everyone. I haven't posted in a while and I've missed a lot of the last two weeks of threads, so I apologize if something I say conflicts with prior info.

I've been chatting about the LS disappearance with some people familiar with the Bloomington party scene, and what they've told me is interesting. This is all hearsay, and I have no idea if it's true or not, but I thought it would be worth passing on.

- LS apparently is a lot heavier into the party/drugs scene than some here have suspected, and would often get together with a particular group of people to do hard drugs, primarily cocaine.

- Prior to going to Sports, LS and other (unnamed) people had done a larger than normal amount of cocaine. While at Sports, LS was indeed incoherent and "practically foaming at the mouth", and she was sent home to Smallwood by her companions.

- Once she got to Smallwood, LS informed someone (unnamed) that she was going to a well-known dealer's house to get more cocaine. That was the last time this particular group saw her.

- It's suspected by this group of people that LS got drugs from this dealer, the dealer let her stay in his place, he passed out, and when he woke up she was dead from an OD, and her body was subsequently dumped.

- The police have been told all of this by multiple people in this group.

Northsider-is it your choice to leave the dealer unnamed or is the dealer really unknown? Like, do police know who this dealer is?

(If this story is true)

Hi everyone. I haven't posted in a while and I've missed a lot of the last two weeks of threads, so I apologize if something I say conflicts with prior info.

I've been chatting about the LS disappearance with some people familiar with the Bloomington party scene, and what they've told me is interesting. This is all hearsay, and I have no idea if it's true or not, but I thought it would be worth passing on.

- LS apparently is a lot heavier into the party/drugs scene than some here have suspected, and would often get together with a particular group of people to do hard drugs, primarily cocaine.

- Prior to going to Sports, LS and other (unnamed) people had done a larger than normal amount of cocaine. While at Sports, LS was indeed incoherent and "practically foaming at the mouth", and she was sent home to Smallwood by her companions.

- Once she got to Smallwood, LS informed someone (unnamed) that she was going to a well-known dealer's house to get more cocaine. That was the last time this particular group saw her.

- It's suspected by this group of people that LS got drugs from this dealer, the dealer let her stay in his place, he passed out, and when he woke up she was dead from an OD, and her body was subsequently dumped.

I'm loathe to say this, but the above is the most logical scenario I've heard to date. :tsktsk:

Cr's attorney says in that interview that the blow or blows to CR caused temporary memory loss.
I wonder if CR's medical doctor knows when we can expect CR's memory to return...or will Salzmann change their story to "he has no memory because of the drug consumption".

They can't have it both ways. Either he eventually remembers the crucial details of the night or he admits drug abuse and claims no memory.

Let's get on with it.

Northsider-is it your choice to leave the dealer unnamed or is the dealer really unknown? Like, do police know who this dealer is?

(If this story is true)

My choice, because I don't have 100% confirmation on who it is. I have a fair idea who it is --- the dealer was described to me as a prominent dealer who has been in trouble before. So take that for what it's worth.

Thanks! That is fine as long as the police themselves know who it is.

- It's suspected by this group of people that LS got drugs from this dealer, the dealer let her stay in his place, he passed out, and when he woke up she was dead from an OD, and her body was subsequently dumped.- The police have been told all of this by multiple people in this group.

BBM Although I have read all the posts in all the threads pertaining to LS, this is the first time I have posted on any of the threads.

I realize what you have posted is hearsay, but I am wondering if you have any ideas (your own or from others) as to where LS's remains may be found?

Thank you very much for your post!

Also following that story, I wonder if it assumes that JR is covering for Drug Dealer or if she went to the Drug Dealer after visiting JR. I am assuming one of the POI's isn't the Drug Dealer from your wording.

Hello all,

I have been lurking from the outset of the case, and I felt it was time to give some input on several of the overarching theories that people have come up with so far. I am an IU student but also consider myself a Bloomington Resident. I have lived in all range of neighborhoods from Bloomington subsidized housing, to the western (so called "townie" outskirts), student dorms, and central student off-campus housing. I believe I have a great feel for the many social spheres in this town.
The first thing I wanted to address was recent conversation about "The Hill"-- Pigeon Hill and surrounding subsidized housing. Firstly, "The Hill" is not nearly as close to the area where Lauren was last seen as some have considered/construed it to be. It is at least a mile or more away from 10th and college by my estimation (certainly somewhere you wouldn't stumble in to from tenth and college, are stumble out of to tenth and college).
I remember in some earlier posts some mentioned rumors that Lauren had been seen hanging out in the Hill. This is highly highly highly unlikely, as close to impossible as you can get without verification. Someone of LS's wealth would be absolutely horrified of the Hill ( I am by no means validating this attitude, but any of you who have been in the Hill know what I am talking about). I would say 95% of student don't even know the area exists, let alone go/have been there.
Another problematic issue with the hill theory is that the criminals there a (and there is a denser population than in almost all the other parts of town) are experienced. I would find it very surprising for such a criminal to target a wealthy, white, female student for a rape/murder or abduction, knowing fully the type of attention it was bound to receive.
The last problematic issue with the Hill being connected to LS's case is the silence around the case. In most of the "rough" neighborhoods in Bloomington, there is considerable social conflict and drama between factions of neighbors (NOT gangs). Gossip is also rampant, There almost certainly would have been noise, accusations, and perhaps even a conviction by now in there was a connection to the Hill (especially considering the large rewards offered by LS's parents).

Welcome to Websleuths, BtownStudent. Thank you for your insight. I don't think LS had to go to the Hill to get in trouble.

My choice, because I don't have 100% confirmation on who it is. I have a fair idea who it is --- the dealer was described to me as a prominent dealer who has been in trouble before. So take that for what it's worth.

Appreciate the info even if its just rumor. If you have an idea of who it is, can you verify that this person's location would be consistent with the story as we know it? Could she have left JR's and went to this location while avoiding cameras?

BBM Although I have read all the posts in all the threads pertaining to LS, this is the first time I have posted on any of the threads.

I realize what you have posted is hearsay, but I am wondering if you have any ideas (your own or from others) as to where LS's remains may be found?

Thank you very much for your post!

I haven't heard any ideas on that from others, but if this scenario is correct, then her remains certainly aren't in Bloomington anymore. And frankly, if this scenario is correct, I don't think her remains are going to be found. If they are, my guess would be Indianapolis or the surrounding areas.

While at first glance this sounds plausible...if true than this is enough to name a suspect yet none has been named?

Also following that story, I wonder if it assumes that JR is covering for Drug Dealer or if she went to the Drug Dealer after visiting JR. I am assuming one of the POI's isn't the Drug Dealer from your wording.

Let's put it this way...the drug dealer isn't one of the POIs named by LE to this point.

If this scenario is accurate, it likely involves JR covering for the DD.

Appreciate the info even if its just rumor. If you have an idea of who it is, can you verify that this person's location would be consistent with the story as we know it? Could she have left JR's and went to this location while avoiding cameras?

Yes, the location would fit, both with the "official" timeline (which I don't believe is accurate anyway) and with the "mystery man" timeline. And I'm not sure about your second question --- it's possible but unlikely she could've left JR's and gotten to the DD's location while avoiding exterior cameras, but I don't know about interior cameras (if any exist). I also don't believe she left JR's at the time JR stated, but I felt that way even before the conversations that led to my original post.

I haven't heard any ideas on that from others, but if this scenario is correct, then her remains certainly aren't in Bloomington anymore. And frankly, if this scenario is correct, I don't think her remains are going to be found. If they are, my guess would be Indianapolis or the surrounding areas.

Why Indy?

Would CR and/or MB also be involved with the cover-up?

And sorry for all of the questions!! Thanks for answering what you feel comfortable answering.

While at first glance this sounds plausible...if true than this is enough to name a suspect yet none has been named?

That's a very good point and one that has given me pause about this scenario. However, my thoughts on this are that LE may not have any video evidence to go by, and/or is expecting to discover a body at some point.

OR that conflicting stories are being related by people inside the group (i.e., the POIs such as JR, DR, CR) and people outside the group, leading to a we said/they said situation with no detectable physical evidence. I'm not sure.

Thank you, northsider.

Such a sad situation for so many reasons.

If what you heard is true...then I guess that might explain the silence of so many of Lauren's friends and acquaintances. Maybe not just the normal "don't get involved" instinct, but maybe genuine fear for their lives.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member