IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish we knew whether the parents of all of these students have been after their kids to make sure they are telling the truth and not just enabling them to keep quiet for fear of consequences...but I don't feel certain about that at all...

Still, if a bunch of people have info, or even say, three or four people, can't there be one set of parents out there who can look at it from the Spierers' POV? Or is that too much to ask...

Since I was the one who posted the link to the story....

what gets me is that he is STILL talking to LE as of Tuesday. Don't you all see that as hard as it is for you (and ME) to fit him in to the puzzle somehow, LE is having a heck of a time trying to clear him. And that should be giving everyone pause. He is STILL talking to LE. And he may not even be talking - there isn't any way to know whether what he meant was that he supplied written answers through his lawyer to LE.
When I speculate about a theory of what I think happened that night, JW is usually not a part in it. But too many reasons keep coming up so that I cannot ignore the fact that I may just not know everything that LE does. WHY are they still interested in him? He should have been eliminated from suspicion fairly easily, but he has not been. Why, why why?

The problem with what you stated is that we have no idea what the nature of him talking to LE was about. It's not known whether he is "cleared" in their mind or not. Being eliminated from suspicion does not equal being eliminated from communicating with them. Yes, they could be asking him follow up questions related to an inconsistancy, but they just as easily could be asking (the person who is allegedly the closest to her) about something that no one else may know.

I wish we knew whether the parents of all of these students have been after their kids to make sure they are telling the truth and not just enabling them to keep quiet for fear of consequences...but I don't feel certain about that at all...

Still, if a bunch of people have info, or even say, three or four people, can't there be one set of parents out there who can look at it from the Spierers' POV? Or is that too much to ask...

I think this is a lost cause,for one fact alone they don't want to see their kids in trouble or go to jail.It is sad but most of the time they do enable their children.I don't believe they will talk because it is not Lauren they are worried about,it is their child.Instead of teaching them about honesty,they are trying to hold on like a possession

The problem with what you stated is that we have no idea what the nature of him talking to LE was about. It's not known whether he is "cleared" in their mind or not. Being eliminated from suspicion does not equal being eliminated from communicating with them. Yes, they could be asking him follow up questions related to an inconsistancy, but they just as easily could be asking (the person who is allegedly the closest to her) about something that no one else may know.

Yes... but they had dogs to his house just 2 weeks ago. That doesn't fit with a person who has been cleared, at all. And his tone and level of frustration. It is a preponderance thing.
He is certainly acting as if he is extremely frustrated at being suspected, and the comment about had he failed a polygraph "don't you think everyone would know" - that level of paranoia makes it seem as if he feels like the whole world is pointing at him and suspecting him. When in reality, they are not. Where is all that pressure coming from if not being investigated by LE to warrant such a defensive stance? His name has almost been non-existent in the media related to this case.

Yes... but they had dogs to his house just 2 weeks ago. That doesn't fit with a person who has been cleared, at all. And his tone and level of frustration. It is a preponderance thing.
He is certainly acting as if he is extremely frustrated at being suspected, and the comment about had he failed a polygraph "don't you think everyone would know" - that level of paranoia makes it seem as if he feels like the whole world is pointing at him and suspecting him. When in reality, they are not. Where is all that pressure coming from if not being investigated by LE to warrant such a defensive stance? His name has almost been non-existent in the media related to this case.

I will admit to giving his tone a bit more leeway than I would others, but that is only because I believe losing a gf contorts him in a way that I believe lends credence toward an unknown instability. I'm not sure where his disdain for the media is stemming, however.

Like I said before, I do think this will lead to his attorney providing a bit more background soon.

Google returns the following numbers of results for "LS" and the following:
"JW" - 15,600
"CR" - 13,000
"JR" - 5,670
"MB" - 3,870
"HT" - 2,110

yes and how many times is he mentioned as just Spierer's boyfriend? And how many times is he mentioned in the sequence of who actually was with LS? As I said his name is hardly being mentioned - meaning in the media as a potential suspect and in the timeline of events except to say his absence. Sorry, if you want me to be even more verbose and spell out exactly what I mean in each and every post I shall.

Oh, yes, except that one story where apparently he tried to run down the reporter from WPIX in NY, but changed his mind just at the last second. Yes, of course he was in the media for that as well.

Just got back from taking the fam to Bub's burgers.

No security car at 5 North.

Do you suppose they could have been out there to estimate a job like installing a security system, or do you think they would go out in a van or other more commercial vehicle to do so?

yes and how many times is he mentioned as just Spierer's boyfriend? And how many times is he mentioned in the sequence of who actually was with LS? As I said his name is hardly being mentioned - meaning in the media as a potential suspect and in the timeline of events except to say his absence. Sorry, if you want me to be even more verbose and spell out exactly what I mean in each and every post I shall.

Lol! Elmomom does not hold back!
I really dont know what i would do if i didnt have u guys to sort this out with. So many good points on so many dif things all day long!:seeya:

I'm not arguing the accuracy of what he said, but rather it's internal logic - the implication of saying everyone would know if he failed, to my mind, is that it was LE-administered. Regardless of whether LE announces results (and you're right that they likely don't, though I believe the implication is that if he had failed he would have subsequently been arrested), I don't think anyone believes everyone would know if it were privately-administered.
I'm sorry, but seriously? They are going to arrest him because LE thought he failed a polygraph, without finding LS? If anyone thinks that, then they must really think they have some other solid evidence against JW. Also, if JW takes a LE polygraph and after it he asks if he passed it, then LE said yep, have a nice life? He is just being deflective again, which doesn't presume guilt, just raises more questions than it answers.

Do you suppose they could have been out there to estimate a job like installing a security system, or do you think they would go out in a van or other more commercial vehicle to do so?

IDK for sure, but I would guess a salesman giving an estimate would drive a car, and an installer would drive a van.

so, if JW takes a LE polygraph and after it he asks if he passed it, then LE said yep, have a nice life?

I would imagine that LE does not answer such questions, which may account for his inability to say whether he passed. The only person who has made that claim is JR, who appears to have taken a private polygraph.

Not telling a Mom where her baby is in the interest of self-preseveration is pure evil to me

Thank you...so knowing that the perp/s are being evil day after day are you more inclined to believe that LS's disappearance was or was not an evil act as well?

I'm sorry, but seriously? They are going to arrest him because LE thought he failed a polygraph, without finding LS?

Again, I'm not arguing the accuracy of what he said, but instead its internal logic, for purposes of interpretation. It is his words that are being relied upon to determine whether he has taken a private or LE polygraph, and I am discussing their meaning.

I never did pay H-T to go read that story about the martinsville fire that happened 2 days b4 that search at 230 am. Is it near where the cell phone pinged? Im just curious. Its nagging the heck outta me!

Have we determined the extent of Lauren's relationship with JR? Did they know each other before IU? Were they ever romantically involved? I know that LS is from NY and JR is from Michigan, but their grandparents are next door neighbors. Was it a coincidence that they both ended up at IU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste