IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which means LE is still looking at JW.

It means that if the polygraph took place last week. I see nothing in the article to indicate that that's the case. Polygraphs were administered by LE to CR and MB between 6/8 and 10. JW was also present during this time, and described as cooperative by LE on 6/10. Presumably, then, he took a polygraph during that time.

Interesting LoHud article. A few things stand out:

--I knew JW was 2 years older than LS, but this is first mention I saw that JW had graduated. Commencement at IU was held May 7th. Anyone know why JW remained on campus nearly a month after graduating?

--JW again alludes in the article to the reason he and LS did not make contact that night was because of her lost phone. However she did not lose the phone until as late as possible 2:20AM and at the minimum knowing it was lost/found at Kilroy's she had it with her until reaching the bar at approx 1:20AM. The basketball game JW had been watching ended by 11:45 if he watched live, so there would've been 90+ minutes for JW to reach LS before she became separated from her phone from after the game ended, if in fact she wanted to be reached. There had to be other reasons they didn't connect other than the lost phone.

--The article reports that JW was contacted by Kilroy's about LS's lost phone. This clearly would've been prior to the disappearance being widely known and Kilroy's realizing what a piece of evidence they held. MSM's initially reported that the bar called JW to say something like "tell your friend to come get her phone". Wonder what was subsequently said by JW to instead give him LS's phone rather than handing it over only to LS. Would "I'm her boyfriend be good enough" or something like "she can't come get it, or she's out of town now". Maybe it's just me, but I'd sort of hate to think that if I left my phone in a restaurant, that the restaurant would call someone I'd had text exchanges with to tell me to come get it, but then hand the phone over to that person who comes to pick it up on the premise he would return it to me - I might never know where it was found if that person weren't honest.

--JW clearly seems to be side-stepping the pointed questions of LE polygraph administration and results. He probably doesn't want to be caught in a lie, but also is leading the reader to believe something that he's not exactly saying either. If a polygraph is performed privately, one doesn't know the questions asked or exact wordings thereof, and contrary to what he says - no the whole world would not know the results if he failed a privately given polygraph because there would be no incentive or requirement to release those unfavorable results.

Just responding to your first inquiry, it is very very very common for students whom have graduated or aren't taking summer classes to stay out for at least part of the summer. If they are taking classes, like LS was, they would not have been over yet. I believe JW stayed out there to hang out with friends and LS until they went home later in the summer together. I remember reading JW and LS were traveling home together once her classes were done.

--I knew JW was 2 years older than LS, but this is first mention I saw that JW had graduated. Commencement at IU was held May 7th. Anyone know why JW remained on campus nearly a month after graduating?

Snipped by me.

Very interesting thoughts!! Thanks for posting those.

The only thing I can really respond to is why he might stay in Bloomington after graduation. Almost all of the property rental companies in Bloomington require people to sign 12-month leases, meaning his lease probably started and ended sometime in August. If he didn't already have a job lined up after graduation, I can understand him staying in Bloomington to live in the house he rented so that his parents weren't just throwing $$ away on rent for three months. It probably seemed like a better option to him than moving back into his parents' house and being away from his roommate(s) and girlfriend.

That's my take on it.

So...what are we talking about? A perp who knew LS (a friend), is evil because he won't tell where she is, but was just trying to help her out because she OD'd?

I don't get the feeling that CS is buying in to the accidental O.D. theory.

Either which way things happened-i have no idea at this point-i do believe it is evil to let these parents continue to suffer in not being able to lay her to rest. Pure evil and SELFISHNESS.

I firmly believe it is quite intentional there are no surveillance cameras at 5 North. Apparently the building developer/owner is AEPi alum and lobbied against closing the chapter on IU campus. IMO there is nooo way he is not aware it's a party house.

Are you sure about the developer/owner is an AEPi alum?

Earlier in the threads people were saying that her friends/acquaintances...or I guess anyone's friends/acquaintances...wouldn't go far away to hide the body. It was something like they would leave the body in the alley for someone to find. My thought was this: How do we know that they didn't leave her somewhere close expecting for someone to find her quickly? Like for instance the dumpster....that was subsequently pickup up Friday? Maybe, just maybe, they thought that someone would find her while taking out their trash...or the garbage company directly.

That's just a thought that crossed my mind. All just a speculation. But everyone keeps saying how her friends couldn't/wouldn't take her out somewhere remote to hide her....so maybe they didn't. Just lucky or unlucky (if you think they could have placed her in a dumpster somewhere in hopes of someone finding her) coincidence.

I'm not saying this happened or trying to make the boys look good/bad...it was just a thought that crossed my mind in considering everyone's thoughts on the case. It was just food for thought. It's obvious that someone did something with the body...it's just who, where, and why at this point. And I don't have any suspects in mind. I waffle based on the testimonies/rumors/leaked info that comes up periodically.

OTOH.

I do believe that all of the boys retained counsel because their parents made them. Parents are footing the bill so obviously they deemed it necessary for their sons to do so. And I believe that the boys are afraid and retaining counsel because they were involved in the illegal substances that night. JR semmingly supplied MANY persons illegal substances that night...which DD or not sure paints him in a DD's light. That's NOT going to be good for him. So not talking may be just protecting himself and his buyers for the drug aspect. It's all JMO for sure...but it explains their behavior. Innocent until proven guilty (of murder...not the drug side).

I'm just saying that they could possibly be innocent...not trying to convince anyone of it for sure. Of course they could also have counsel because they are guilty...that is a given that everyone already knows without explanation.

AGAIN...this is all just my opinion and speculation and I do not have any opinion on who may be guilty. Someone hid her body and that is disgusting to me. But someone(s) was most likely high/intoxicated and probably panicked....no matter who it was...DD or friend. It was LS herself that ingested the drugs (and was allegedly known by her friends to do), and it's no one fault for the OD. She was an adult. I know when you are hurt and angry that you want to blame it on someone else...human nature I guess.

It's just unfortunate that someone had to hide the body and that the Spierer's can't bury their daughter.

I don't know that anything has come out publicly about this, but I will comment that this is not out of the ordinary. All of my roommates stayed after graduation for some length of time, and none of them had serious gf's in town.

--JW again alludes in the article to the reason he and LS did not make contact that night was because of her lost phone. However she did not lose the phone until as late as possible 2:20AM and at the minimum knowing it was lost/found at Kilroy's she had it with her until reaching the bar at approx 1:20AM. The basketball game JW had been watching ended by 11:45 if he watched live, so there would've been 90+ minutes for JW to reach LS before she became separated from her phone from after the game ended, if in fact she wanted to be reached. There had to be other reasons they didn't connect other than the lost phone.

Slight clarification here, JW isn't again alluding to this, the article is alluding to what JW allegedly told HT.

--JW clearly seems to be side-stepping the pointed questions of LE polygraph administration and results. He probably doesn't want to be caught in a lie, but also is leading the reader to believe something that he's not exactly saying either. If a polygraph is performed privately, one doesn't know the questions asked or exact wordings thereof, and contrary to what he says - no the whole world would not know the results if he failed a privately given polygraph because there would be no incentive or requirement to release those unfavorable results.

This same type of discussion was held when JR's private polygraph was turned in. While its still not clear who administered JW's test, if it was privately taken and failed, like you said, it wouldn't be known, but if it was privately taken and passed, wonder why we haven't heard that from his lawyer (perhaps we will now).

I must say that the JW quotes in this article certainly give credence to the statements made by the guy who apparently is JW's brother - they sound very similar.

Earlier in the threads people were saying that her friends/acquaintances...or I guess anyone's friends/acquaintances...wouldn't go far away to hide the body. It was something like they would leave the body in the alley for someone to find. My thought was this: How do we know that they didn't leave her somewhere close expecting for someone to find her quickly? Like for instance the dumpster....that was subsequently pickup up Friday? Maybe, just maybe, they thought that someone would find her while taking out their trash...or the garbage company directly.

That's just a thought that crossed my mind. All just a speculation. But everyone keeps saying how her friends couldn't/wouldn't take her out somewhere remote to hide her....so maybe they didn't. Just lucky or unlucky (if you think they could have placed her in a dumpster somewhere in hopes of someone finding her) coincidence.

I'm not saying this happened or trying to make the boys look good/bad...it was just a thought that crossed my mind in considering everyone's thoughts on the case. It was just food for thought. It's obvious that someone did something with the body...it's just who, where, and why at this point. And I don't have any suspects in mind. I waffle based on the testimonies/rumors/leaked info that comes up periodically.

OTOH.

I do believe that all of the boys retained counsel because their parents made them. Parents are footing the bill so obviously they deemed it necessary for their sons to do so. And I believe that the boys are afraid and retaining counsel because they were involved in the illegal substances that night. JR semmingly supplied MANY persons illegal substances that night...which DD or not sure paints him in a DD's light. That's NOT going to be good for him. So not talking may be just protecting himself and his buyers for the drug aspect. It's all JMO for sure...but it explains their behavior. Innocent until proven guilty (of murder...not the drug side).

I'm just saying that they could possibly be innocent...not trying to convince anyone of it for sure. Of course they could also have counsel because they are guilty...that is a given that everyone already knows without explanation.

AGAIN...this is all just my opinion and speculation and I do not have any opinion on who may be guilty. Someone hid her body and that is disgusting to me. But someone(s) was most likely high/intoxicated and probably panicked....no matter who it was...DD or friend. It was LS herself that ingested the drugs (and was allegedly known by her friends to do), and it's no one fault for the OD. She was an adult. I know when you are hurt and angry that you want to blame it on someone else...human nature I guess.

It's just unfortunate that someone had to hide the body and that the Spierer's can't bury their daughter.

:welcome: Nice first post!

If they wanted her to be found, why not simply leave her. Putting her in a dumpster (if they did that) would be committing a criminal act - one more obvious than not getting her medical attention.

ETA: Then again, on second thought, in an effort to make the problem disappear, placing her in a dumpster or in anything to cover her up - out of sight, out of mind reaction...

Not sure this would make someone "evil".
I don't think it's a word CS would use lightly given the families religious beliefs. "Evil" is usually associated with the intent to do harm.
It certainly seems out of place with any belief in a scenario involving an accidental death unless the original intent were rape and the death occurred as a result.

Not telling a Mom where her baby is in the interest of self-preseveration is pure evil to me and I can guarantee the Mom sees it as evil too. I don't know if you have kids, but parents want to hold onto their kids. Some have trouble even sending them to college or seeing them move out. You want to know where they are, what they are doing, that they are happy, etc. Imagine one disappearing and never knowing if you will ever see that baby again or hold them. A proper burial, the ability to kiss your baby one last time, to know where they are...that is all a lot of parents of missing children want. It has literally killed people when they could not get it.
So, to me, yes it is evil to sit day in and day out and watch the pain and horror in the parents and still remain silent.

I know there is a fine line between drugs and OD.After saying that if you sell drugs or give drugs to someone which both is illegal by the way,and that person dies you are accountable.Yes even if Lauren agreed to doing it,she had to get the drugs from somewhere.That's why there is a War on Drugs.They are selling drugs on the street to elementary children is that right .NO. http://abcnews.go.com/US/dc-kids-ingest-cocaine-elementary-school/story?id=13160115

While I find JW's words immature in that post (at least he still HAS a life), he's only 22. And providing he's not the perpetrator, he's grieving under extreme circumstances ... very publicly and with no closure at all. So I'll forgive him for a lack of finesse, given that he's not the perpetrator. I don't feel strongly one way or the other about him in that respect (passing the polygraph would help).

I also can't hold anger against him ... he's probably angry at the world right now, even LS perhaps. But if there's an issue with the polygraph, I'll take back my words.

Something I was thinking about - a male group reaction to her OD'ing on the street versus her being with just one person....

I think if she were with just one person, that person would either simply leave her, or get help. In a group scene, the dominate male would be the one controling what happens... if he was the one responsible for her condition, he would want to get the others involved - the more others become the more obstacles in the way of justice...

Jupiter - thanks for the photo. This says "private security". Is this a security company hired by the owners of 5 north or is this LE? If it's private, hired by 5 North, you'd think they'd have cameras if concerned about "security". Therefore, I'm guessing this is LE....or maybe a private investigator hired by the Spierers?

OK I just found the link to this guy on pg 1 of this thread. So who do you think hired this guy?

http://www.grahamsecuritypatrol.com/

ex-BPD

It means that if the polygraph took place last week. I see nothing in the article to indicate that that's the case. Polygraphs were administered by LE to CR and MB between 6/8 and 10. JW was also present during this time, and described as cooperative by LE on 6/10. Presumably, then, he took a polygraph during that time.

I am sorry I wasn't clear."The boyfriend of missing college student Lauren Spierer spoke with detectives this week "

http://www.lohud.com/article/201107...nd-says-he-passed-polygraph?odyssey=nav|headl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member