IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a scrolling ad to the right for a book titled I Would Find a Girl Walking. Just saying.

Thanks elmomom! I still don't know entirely what to make of CR.

johneverett-A good point and one I have been thinking about in the case in general. Like, at the VERY beginning drugs were not even really mentioned a lot. Like, some people even got very, very defensive when coke was brought up or the idea that Lauren may have been using. Lauren was painted in a much, much more innocent light. Now, I feel like pretty much everyone assumes she was foaming at the mouth on multiple types of drugs, sleeping around, etc. I wonder if that is the truth coming out or if that "truth" is just more exciting (rumors) or if it benefits anyone to have that image of Lauren floating around.

52 days and still just a guessing game. Websleuths is probably the best forum on the Internet for intelligent, honest sleuthing. I've seen incredible information on here in other cases as well.

ANYTHING SMALL COULD BE BIG, and THE SILENCE IS DEAFENING.

I see lots of guests joining us all day and night. Please sign up and join the discussion. I personally am tired of the same old theories! We all post anonymously, and just maybe one of our new friends can shed some light. I would love to hear from a UI college age perspective. I am not saying give us "insider information", just give us anything small!
I'm wondering what you do at Kilroys at 2:30 for only a few minutes? Is it odd to go out on a Thursday night at 2:30 am? Is it business as usual around Smallwood & campus now? Are people afraid it was a random abduction?
Thank you in advance for any help you can give. My father just passed away from cancer. If there is one thing I've learned in the last month, it's how fleeting and precious life is. We are only here for a short time, and we can't get by without a little help from our friends.

A rumor out there:
"Rossman admitted he and Lauren went up to an apt and did “all kinds of drugs” in the short time they were at Smallwood."

this was ONLY a comment to news article I think, so I haven't put much if any stock in it, but it is a possible scenario to what happened at that time. I also think it is possible that the visit to Smallwood was a visit to DR's, not to go back to LS's apt.

Wait a sec guys, I'm pretty certain that I remember this statement being put forth by a poster here a few days ago, not relaying a rumor they had heard, just posing a HYPOTHETICAL. I can't remember who, but I think it was during a time when we had little new info and were mostly just brainstoming, and someone asked: IF you heard the following statement/rumor from someone, what would you think about it? Just trying to start some discussion.

I'll link to that post if I can find it!

Wait a sec guys, I'm pretty certain that I remember this statement being put forth by a poster here a few days ago, not relaying a rumor they had heard, just posing a HYPOTHETICAL. I can't remember who, but I think it was during a time when we had little new info and were mostly just brainstoming, and someone asked: IF you heard the following statement/rumor from someone, what would you think about it? Just trying to start some discussion.

I'll link to that post if I can find it!

that was me, after I read the rumor. here [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6939593&postcount=58"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - IN IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #19[/ame]

52 days and still just a guessing game. Websleuths is probably the best forum on the Internet for intelligent, honest sleuthing. I've seen incredible information on here in other cases as well.

ANYTHING SMALL COULD BE BIG, and THE SILENCE IS DEAFENING.

I see lots of guests joining us all day and night. Please sign up and join the discussion. I personally am tired of the same old theories!

<snipped>

As for a new theory, I was just thinking about how, on paper, DB sounds a lot smarter than JR, and I wonder if he's the alpha dog of the pair who could tell him what to do: "Say you saw her walk to the corner at 4:30 a.m."

I know this line of query won't get much traction, but DB and JR have a lot in common. And DB's name didn't just fall from the sky. Someone had to have dropped it. DB could have arrived that afternoon/evening, partied, put her in his car and returned to Michigan before daybreak. Too simple to do much speculating about perhaps.

DB info can be found on the JR Needs To Talk blog.

BF Thoughts - random and JMO, as always.

Weird that BF is so passive - waiting for her to call him to get together. Just waits and finally goes to sleep.

They only had a few weeks of carefree student life left before they leave Bloomington and their life together while he goes off to whatever post-graduation.

CS says in her latest message that LS is a daughter, granddaughter, sister. She says she has friends that she adores. I don't think she mentions that LS has a long-term bf that she loves. Odd or not? Because two years is a long time to be together.

I thought it was determined that the people in the altercation were NOT friends of JW??

At one point, yes, that was the general consensus. With the recent MSM reports about her condition, it has resurfaced again. This time it says "at least one friend" of JW was there."

Poster a few pages back commented that it was interesting that around the same time that BPD was getting negative press for the lack of landfill searching that suddenly there was a "leak" of someone talking about how messed up LS was that night. Now we have almost completely quit talking about landfill searches and a lot of bits have been spent talking about how messed up she was and could she have possibly walked anywhere or wanted to do more drugs. I find this so fascinating. What a good deflection, if done on purpose. Why now would this person who had reviewed a video tape suddenly yap it up when for weeks there was nothing in MSM like this report? And why don't they search the landfill?

To add insult to injury, today the local Herald Times "news"paper has yet ANOTHER article about Smallwood trying to improve its image.

<snipped>

As for a new theory, I was just thinking about how, on paper, DB sounds a lot smarter than JR, and I wonder if he's the alpha dog of the pair who could tell him what to do: "Say you saw her walk to the corner at 4:30 a.m."

I know this line of query won't get much traction, but DB and JR have a lot in common. And DB's name didn't just fall from the sky. Someone had to have dropped it. DB could have arrived that afternoon/evening, partied, put her in his car and returned to Michigan before daybreak. Too simple to do much speculating about perhaps.

DB info can be found on the JR Needs To Talk blog.

I can tell you exactly how his name got involved. Chickjustin went through an anormous amount of friends of friends on FB, tied those to Twitter accounts and went through all the tweets. On June 4 DB tweeted that he was eating at a restaurant in Bloomington. That was the sole info that triggered everyone else to pursue looking into the link between JR and DB.

Maybe my prejudices show here, but I have always "felt" that JR was an unlikely suspect. And I "feel" DB is even MORE unlikely. I think they could be keeping info quiet - but my money is on the rumors that involve those with Indianapolis ties.

BF Thoughts - random and JMO, as always.

Weird that BF is so passive - waiting for her to call him to get together. Just waits and finally goes to sleep.

They only had a few weeks of carefree student life left before they leave Bloomington and their life together while he goes off to whatever post-graduation.

CS says in her latest message that LS is a daughter, granddaughter, sister. She says she has friends that she adores. I don't think she mentions that LS has a long-term bf that she loves. Odd or not? Because two years is a long time to be together.

Agree on your first point. Is he a puppy dog type?

2nd point. Never thought about it. Makes me sad. Endings such as this are always hard at that age.

3rd point. Not odd at all since JW is a POI.

I can tell you exactly how his name got involved. Chickjustin went through an anormous amount of friends of friends on FB, tied those to Twitter accounts and went through all the tweets. On June 4 DB tweeted that he was eating at a restaurant in Bloomington. That was the sole info that triggered everyone else to pursue looking into the link between JR and DB.

Maybe my prejudices show here, but I have always "felt" that JR was an unlikely suspect. And I "feel" DB is even MORE unlikely. I think they could be keeping info quiet - but my money is on the rumors that involve those with Indianapolis ties.

I did not know that. Kind of a shame because given her tenacity to do all that legwork she could be useful to some agency (if she were more stable). I sure wouldn't want to be one of her targets.:sick:

It was difficult to read through Clueful/CJ's writing. That did seem like an enormous amount of work cross-referencing tweets and FB friends for the DB tweet.

LE must have investigated the tweet about DB being in town eating corned beef hash that morning. Although it hardly makes DB seem like the alpha to tweet that if he's trying to lie low. And that could tie in with the thought that these guys could hardly be smart enough to outwit the FBI, at least in the long run.

To add insult to injury, today the local Herald Times "news"paper has yet ANOTHER article about Smallwood trying to improve its image.

Yeah. Did you notice that they don't report ANY drug arrests?

I'm not arguing with you, I don't think the rumor is true, but I do think that 12-15 minutes in a building where they did not get past the elevator lobby on the 5th floor is a little long for a simple little confrontation and I think there may be a little more than we know involved

It was 12 minutes. In which two allegedly intoxicated people had to get onto an elevator, get to the fifth floor, one of them was involved in a fight, then they had to again get into an elevator and leave the building. How exactly is that excessive?

"Activities in the alley"

Thoughts? I really have no idea what the definition of activities is.

It seems unlikely they are doing drugs outside where there is a camera every few feet.

Plus they live nearby, so you do the drugs at home.

Sex? Same as above unless you have public fetish. Sorry, that is so crude. At any rate, I don't think that was it at all.

Plus the leggings.

Buying drugs? Also in public with all those cameras?

How hard would it be to catch and convict if everyone just bought and consumed like that with all those cameras?

Back to my original question - does anyone have new thoughts on the alley activity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper