IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read a few comments on LS: case discussion FB page and heard one rumor. There is a sense that negotiations with the prosecutor may be occurring and negotiations with lawyers to make it easier for the boys come forward. While that FB page is highly dysfunctional imo, the people connected to these comments are not. This shouldn't come as a surprise. But other than that, there is next to nothing to go on. Nobody knows anything. This case is like hermetically sealed!

bbm :floorlaugh: you can say that again

i just hope that the public not knowing many details means that LE knows what happened and is just waiting for the right moment (or a body) to proceed!

Am I wrong, or didn't CRs lawyer say that he watched his law firm's surveillance video around the time that JR said she would be walking in front of it, and she was never seen?

He DID say this on a recent video. Don't forget, that's how poor Lieby was found. They started with the video from where he SHOULD have walked, he wasn't there, and then they went with video from where he COULD have walked, and found him getting into that psycho's car.

I am sure if DR is involved the police know about it. SW has cameras everywhere so I am sure LE knows exactly what time DR came home.

^ ^ ^ Friends, that's some cooler discussion up thread! ^ ^ ^ I enjoyed that. With no disrespect intended of course. I guess it's black humor.

Every day I wake up thinking this is the day. At this point, I really fear that this case is going to go cold (if it hasn't already).

As far as things going missing (per the sleeping bag or a suitcase). I have kids that age. It's just not an issue for kids that age to "lose" a sleeping bag, or announce that it was too yucky after X event, or announce that they'd thrown out a suitcase because the zipper broke. And I'm middle-middle class, not wealthy. So I'm NOT happy when that happens. But I "choose my battles", sometimes *advertiser censored* happens, and a sleeping bag or a suitcase disappears.

I think either they put Lauren in the dumpster, or somebody (the guest, DB) hightailed it out of town. I don't tweet but DH does and apparently you can tweet anything you want. For all we know, the tweet about the sandwich at the Runcible Spoon was made from China, or Michigan, or Bloomington. My guess is that is was NOT made from Bloomington, I have always felt it was a coded message for somebody else. Others have pointed out that if DB was kosher and he had met this hot chick who disappeared that night, he would have mentioned it. Also, that he was apparently not in the habit of tweeting about his meals (I remember reading that but I don't remember where.)

Last thing, I know chickjustin has both friends and foes, but she insists that DR was with them as well, up till 3am. Has anybody looked into that info?

I think I made the comment about him tweeting his meal. The tweet first struck me as atypical and still does. But as Tony Gatto pointed out, he hasn't tweeted that much so there's not much to compare it to. Still...

I hadn't heard that about DR. It doesn't surprise me. It's not that long for him to stay at JR's either. Maybe he's the one on the alley tape with Lauren.

I think I made the comment about him tweeting his meal.

Indeed you did. No offense, but others did too. I think it's a very valid point.

When I first read about it, I asked my DH if you could tweet about being in place A if you were in place B, and he said yes. I have friends who travel around the world and photograph their meals and post them on FB. But if you never tweet about yours, if suddenly you do, it struck me as more suspicious than innocuous.

I hadn't heard that about DR. It doesn't surprise me. It's not that long for him to stay at JR's either. Maybe he's the one on the alley tape with Lauren.

Interesting thought! At this point I have to wonder whether LE being this cagey isn't doing more harm than good. I DO realize that they have no obligation to keep us informed, but at this point one can't help wonder.

I think I made the comment about him tweeting his meal.

Indeed you did. No offense, but others did too. I think it's a very valid point.

When I first read about it, I asked my DH if you could tweet about being in place A if you were in place B, and he said yes. I have friends who travel around the world and photograph their meals and post them on FB. But if you never tweet about yours, if suddenly you do, it struck me as more suspicious than innocuous.

I had the same thought. Not so much suspicious as perplexed. I wondered if someone "hacked" or simply borrowed his account. But...why?

The play on words was sort of clever too (# for hash) and out of character with the rest of the tweets.

I have read a few comments on LS: case discussion FB page and heard one rumor. There is a sense that negotiations with the prosecutor may be occurring and negotiations with lawyers to make it easier for the boys come forward. While that FB page is highly dysfunctional imo, the people connected to these comments are not. <snipped>

I tried reading through that page, but there's so much chit chat... could you direct me to the post(s) about the negotiations?

Can someone direct me or repost the tweet? I remember reading it a long time ago and sort of glossing over it.
I do think that there should be some way that they could trace where a tweet was made, but it may take warrants for both phone records and/or twitter/the twitter program that they used and that may be harder to obtain? Not sure-I am sort of brainstorming there.

(Originally posted by GobBluth) Am I wrong, or didn't CRs lawyer say that he watched his law firm's surveillance video around the time that JR said she would be walking in front of it, and she was never seen?

(Originally posted by Baked) He DID say this on a recent video. Don't forget, that's how poor Lieby was found. They started with the video from where he SHOULD have walked, he wasn't there, and then they went with video from where he COULD have walked, and found him getting into that psycho's car.

I was almost POSITIVE that he did, and it was something that I saw recently. It stated that he (Salzmann) handed his surveillance video over to the police, but he watched it with them, and LS was NOT walking on the sidewalk in front of his office, which was the route JR said that she was taking. I will try to find the link.

Also, on a side note, I have been wondering about the altercation, and saw a clip where WISH TV news reported specifically that the altercation was between some of LS's friends and CR, and that it happened because the friends wanted LS to stay with them. She then left w/CR by choice.

Can someone direct me or repost the tweet? I remember reading it a long time ago and sort of glossing over it.
I do think that there should be some way that they could trace where a tweet was made, but it may take warrants for both phone records and/or twitter/the twitter program that they used and that may be harder to obtain? Not sure-I am sort of brainstorming there.

You read my mind, Darcyline. I would love to know what was in this tweet, even if just from memory. Also, was there a twitpic with it?

I keep finding references to the tweet and summaries, but not the exact text :( I also found DB's twitter page, but like most, it is now private.

from memory:

runcible spoon having corned beef#

no pictures, and it was really just a play on words (# is a common symbol used in Twitter, but in this case he uses it to mean "hash")

eta: LE can tell where a tweet came from if they have access to the phone that transmitted the tweet. also, some users opt to allow twitter to track their location, and in that case, LE could get the info from the Twitter feed

" Runcible Spoon getting my cornedbeef# 10:00 AM Jun 3rd via Twitter for iPhone "

For the record (I've said this before), I don't think the tweet was weird or noticeably out of character. I'm not even sold on the fact that this is the visitor HT was talking about, but for the sake of argument, let's say it was and that he hightailed it out of there early June 3rd:

Why would he create an unsolicited 'alibi' that places him in a public place at a precise time? As noted, a tweet isn't much of an alibi in itself, while using a cell phone to tweet would pinpoint your location, easily verifying or disproving it. Plus it seems like it would create a million other ways to be caught in a lie, by witnesses, cameras, receipts, etc. that could contradict his story. If a person was trying to come up with an alibi, I just can't imagine that would be it. For me to believe this person has anything to do with the story, I need something more.

IF it is true that someone had a camera that recorded the exact area where JR said he saw Lauren last and she is not there...that is very interesting and would indeed explain the Spierers' continued focus on the "group". Her not being on tape and him being the last to see her would not be enough to charge anyone but would certainly be enough to keep him very much in the frame, as well as anyone who corroborated his story.

" Runcible Spoon getting my cornedbeef# 10:00 AM Jun 3rd via Twitter for iPhone "

For the record (I've said this before), I don't think the tweet was weird or noticeably out of character. I'm not even sold on the fact that this is the visitor HT was talking about, but for the sake of argument, let's say it was and that he hightailed it out of there early June 3rd:

Why would he create an unsolicited 'alibi' that places him in a public place at a precise time? As noted, a tweet isn't much of an alibi in itself, while using a cell phone to tweet would pinpoint your location, easily verifying or disproving it. Plus it seems like it would create a million other ways to be caught in a lie, by witnesses, cameras, receipts, etc. that could contradict his story. If a person was trying to come up with an alibi, I just can't imagine that would be it. For me to believe this person has anything to do with the story, I need something more.

And why oh why would you place yourself in Bloomington (and in a public place) if no one knew who you were or that you were there (like none of us knew until this tweet came to life). Meaning why would you volunteer your identity for the gossip fodder like this????

IF it is true that someone had a camera that recorded the exact area where JR said he saw Lauren last and she is not there...that is very interesting and would indeed explain the Spierers' continued focus on the "group". Her not being on tape and him being the last to see her would not be enough to charge anyone but would certainly be enough to keep him very much in the frame, as well as anyone who corroborated his story.

The lawyer's office is one block up from the corner on which she was said to be seen. And he only said that she wasn't on the video at the time he looked. Doesn't rule out if she was slowed down for several minutes for example, and it doesn't rule out an abduction before she reached his corner.... my opinion of all the video in this case is that it is only really useful for what it shows, but not so useful for what it doesn't.

The lawyer's office is one block up from the corner on which she was said to be seen. And he only said that she wasn't on the video at the time he looked. Doesn't rule out if she was slowed down for several minutes for example, and it doesn't rule out an abduction before she reached his corner.... my opinion of all the video in this case is that it is only really useful for what it shows, but not so useful for what it doesn't.

But seriously how big of a window can there be when she would not have been on tape, to be abducted at that hour? I just don't believe it.

One possibility is that DB is not the visitor that HT referred to.
Another possibility is that it was DB, and that he was in fact at the Runcible Spoon at or near the time he sent the tweet and was solidifying that "alibi".

And why oh why would you place yourself in Bloomington (and in a public place) if no one knew who you were or that you were there (like none of us knew until this tweet came to life). Meaning why would you volunteer your identity for the gossip fodder like this????

If he was JR's visitor then there were already at least some people that knew he was there. Sending one tweet, probably intended for friends who might have already known he had gone to Bloomington is not exactly an advertisement of identity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itzAMANDAyo