IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank Goodness for some movement/news! I really hope they are working on resolution behind the scenes.

It seems clear as day from the article that no, the landfill has not yet been searched. Look at the tenses.

There were rumors on the FB Case Discussion page of negotiations with a POI. Does anybody else wonder whether this development could have come from that (if it's even true, it was mentioned somewhere days ago, buried in a lot of other posts).

All thanks to Btown for the tip! I just happened to check WS before leaving my office. The reporter and I talked about the points he just made on the news. We're all shaking heads in disbelief over BPD! He said BPD turned over the landfill search to FBI.

zn2a14.jpg

HA I went to HS with Richard Essex's, the reporter on the sidewalk.

:) any news?

no, not the search warrant - I mean did they FIND her yet!

After all this time they will be exceedingly lucky to find her. If they find her at all it will be a miracle, but it may take many days.

Thanks Btown!!

When I go to WTHR.com it's showing video from 5:00. That's old news, WE
WANT NEW news!!!

Her family needs to know......please!!:tears:

Why wait until now from when they got the original warrant to search? I have an either/or scenario...
So I think they either got the info from someone who knew where she was..... and if so, a deal has probably been made, and we should hear news on that front soon. I hope.
OR, they have finally concluded that they didn't have enough evidence to convince anyone to divulge any more info, and have decided to finally just do the search.

Kudos to Jupiter for taking the time and having the wherewithall to go talk to the reporter.

Great work!

Why wait until now from when they got the original warrant to search? I have an either/or scenario...
So I think they either got the info from someone who knew where she was..... and if so, a deal has probably been made, and we should hear news on that front soon. I hope.
OR, they have finally concluded that they didn't have enough evidence to convince anyone to divulge any more info, and have decided to finally just do the search.
Both good guesses, but at this point, I really don't care. I only want her found! (And I know how much you want that too, elmomom. :cupcake: ) We all do. :crossfingers:

Based on the news report of excavation scheduled to start later this week, it is not sounding tip based to me. I think if they received a credible tip, the search effort would be escalated. IMO.

That being said, something is definitely off here. BPD turned in the warrant request on 6/16, but did not buckle under the intense public scrutiny in late July when it became known that no search had taken place?

Can someone post the link to the Facebook case discussion page? I'd like to read a little about the supposed deal that was being discussed.

Based on the news report of excavation scheduled to start later this week, it is not sounding tip based to me. I think if they received a credible tip, the search effort would be escalated. IMO.

That being said, something is definitely off here. BPD turned in the warrant request on 6/16, but did not buckle under the intense public scrutiny in late July when it became known that no search had taken place?

Since it's the FBI's search, and they are probably going to use a private contractor to do the search, perhaps it is tip based, and it is going to take a few days to get things together. -or- maybe (and I really hope this isn't the case) some interested party has come through with private funding to make this happen.

Yes Bessie - like let's go bring her home tomorrow!!!! or sooner!!!!

Can someone post the link to the Facebook case discussion page? I'd like to read a little about the supposed deal that was being discussed.
here's the link:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/208180112562676
good luck trying to find it - lol not the most organized place in the world...

And from what I remembered, it was total rampant speculation since they were contemplating why the Spierer's shut down the protest of the BPD about the landfill search, or at least that is how I read it at the time.

But was it searched? Do we know?

I should have noted in my original post that the story is dated July 20. I was trying to confirm that the landfill has GPS and can pinpoint areas where garbage from a certain area has been placed.

Here's another possible, although IMO not probable, scenario. The landfill is about an hour and 20 minutes from Bloomington. The landfill is public and does accept garbage from individuals. Could that be why the search of the transfer station (and wasn't the transfer station searched?) and dumpsters didn't turn up anything.

Who would have thought, 2 months ago, that we would all be practically giddy at the thought of searching for a body in a landfill? :(:(:( :sick:

here's the link:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/208180112562676
good luck trying to find it - lol not the most organized place in the world...

And from what I remembered, it was total rampant speculation since they were contemplating why the Spierer's shut down the protest of the BPD about the landfill search, or at least that is how I read it at the time.

Thanks elmomom,
I can't find anything. I am FB stupid!:loser:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads