IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WIBC is just piggybacking the Fox coverage.

I'd interpret JR as being one of the people she is referring to, but it sounds like she continues to go with "the people that saw her last" or some other such reference rather than a name.

Thanks. There is no transcript in that article, which also has her questioning JR. The end of the video suggests that there is video of the Q&A coming up, but I can't find that video (that fact itself may be interesting). Can you?

But we don't know, 100%, who that person is. None of us. Not the Spierers, not even LE apparently.

I think we know 100% that JR has told LE that he is that person - LE has said that one of the POI has told them that, another POI's attorney has said it was JR (as has HT), and no one, JR, LE, or otherwise, has contradicted that assertion. We are accepting that assertion for purposes of discussion here.

We don't know who that person is, but I can guarantee that the Spierers believe it is JR. They may be wrong. They may be jumping to conclusions. I don't blame them for focusing on JR though. If you had a daughter and she was last known to be seen with a man who later claims he let her walk home alone in the dark intoxicated and possibly shoeless and then that man disappears with his lawyer...well, where would your suspicions immediately fly?

Once again, their assumptions may be wrong, JR could be 100% innocent and guilty of nothing. I just do understand why some of their quotes seem to be speaking directly at him.

I think we know 100% that JR has told LE that he is that person - LE has said that one of the POI has told them that, another POI's attorney has said it was JR (as has HT), and no one, JR, LE, or otherwise, has contradicted that assertion. We are accepting that assertion for purposes of discussion here.

I'm not talking about the last person who saw Lauren alive upright, and walking. I'm talking about the last person who saw her alive....and then possibly not so alive. That's the person we are looking for? Right? :doh:

Thanks. There is no transcript in that article, which also has her questioning JR. The end of the video suggests that there is video of the Q&A coming up, but I can't find that video (that fact itself may be interesting). Can you?

In this video 3 days later, the same reporter states that, "the Spierers have not named names." That doesn't mean that CS did not in her earlier interview say she questions the story of the unnamed person who claims to have seen LS on the corner at 4:30AM. I wonder if someone had Fox59 pull that video, and if so who.

In this video 3 days later, the same reporter states that, "the Spierers have not named names." That doesn't mean that CS did not in her earlier interview say she questions the story of the unnamed person who claims to have seen LS on the corner at 4:30AM. I wonder if someone had Fox59 pull that video, and if so who.

This was the same day that the Spierer's had a planned statement to give to the media, so all of the outlets ran stories, a few with video. Can't find any further mention of that teased Fox59 piece though.

In this video from the same day, CS is pretty blatantly calling into question the almost verbatim JR story.

edit- okay after watching again, maybe not questioning him so much as the outcome.

I'm not talking about the last person who saw Lauren alive upright, and walking. I'm talking about the last person who saw her alive....and then possibly not so alive. That's the person we are looking for? Right? :doh:

It seems to me that the last person to see her alive would also be a person who knew that she was dead or else we'd have had someone discovering her body on the sidewalk somewhere on the way from JR's apartment to wherever she was going...

http://www.14news.com/story/14848655/no-sighn-of-missing-indiana-university-student

No sign of missing Indiana University student

Posted: Jun 06, 2011 5:20 PM EDT
Updated: Jun 06, 2011 6:29 PM EDT
By Maira Ansari

Quote:

Spierer was last seen around 4:15 Friday morning. There are fliers with her picture posted all around town. Police say she was last spotted at 11th Street and College Avenue walking barefoot toward her apartment.

Interesting detail. Perhaps she would have chosen to walk on College Avenue because the sidewalks were smoother and easier to walk on than the alley. Could lend credibility to JR's account.

JMO: she may also have had intentions of visiting someone who lived at 10th and College Avenue, where many of her girlfriends lived.

It is not a new detail. It's been known for a long time she left her shoes at the bar.

It isn't a new detail, but some people here did theorize that she may have received shoes elsewhere somehow. It isn't unfathomable that one of the people she saw after the bar may have had a pair of shoes she could use.

But, I wonder if they are just assuming she never borrowed anyone else's shoes because no one has mentioned it or if JR specifically in a statement said she was still barefoot?

It isn't a new detail, but some people here did theorize that she may have received shoes elsewhere somehow. It isn't unfathomable that one of the people she saw after the bar may have had a pair of shoes she could use.

But, I wonder if they are just assuming she never borrowed anyone else's shoes because no one has mentioned it or if JR specifically in a statement said she was still barefoot?

Lauren was very petite. She probably only wore a size 4 maybe 5 shoe. If she was with all guys I'm sure she couldn't keep any of their shoes on.

jmo

Lauren was very petite. She probably only wore a size 4 maybe 5 shoe. If she was with all guys I'm sure she couldn't keep any of their shoes on.

jmo

She wasn't literally only around men though. There were other apartment dwellers, indications of other guests at the boys' apartments, etc. It is a very slim chance that she somehow got shoes elsewhere that night, but not one I would dismiss outright knowing how college/college apartments/party nights can be.

Didn't some of the locals here say that the way Lauren supposedly walked was under construction and would have been very rough going, with bare feet?

Police are stated as source; therefore, unlikely that they just assumed that after two hours, and visiting friends at two different apartments, she was necessarily still shoeless.

I think you mean that you are excepting that assertion.
Can we really suspect JR and not call in to question the details of his account?

LE stated an expectation of the landfill search taking two weeks to complete. Tomorrow is two weeks.

:dunno:

What I would find more interesting is if HT and JR were spotted together.

Why?? They are known to hangout anyway.
I imagine everyone has been advised to return to classes and go on with business as usual less appear suspect.

Why?? They are known to hangout anyway.
I imagine everyone has been advised to return to classes and go on with business as usual less appear suspect.

And both groups attended the Indy 500 race: HT and friends/AB and friends.

(To whom it may concern: Yes, I know it's a big event. No, we don't have evidence they partied together.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste