IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the PI suggestion-I wonder if the family will or would look into something like that. Not necessarily to replace, but just supplement what LE is doing.

My understanding is that the family hired a PI pretty early in the investigation. But no reports have come from that -- so I see the family being every bit as quiet about the investigation as LE.

I like the PI suggestion-I wonder if the family will or would look into something like that. Not necessarily to replace, but just supplement what LE is doing.

I just cannot get 100% behind stranger abduction because something feels off about the people we do know. Well, that and the window of time and cameras make it seem a bit less likely to me.

Not scientific by any means and maybe even dead wrong. I would just love to have a truth serum I could force everyone who saw her that night (ESPECIALLY JW, CR, and JR) to take. I don't really trust lie detector tests and especially ones set up by a POI's lawyer.

From what I've seen and heard from other abductions and criminal cases LE won't share information with a PI so that limits their ability to perform. It is understandable because LE doesn't want "leaks" or to have anything happen that could hurt a court case.

I was wondering if LS could have gotten into a car without being seen on camera?

With all the drugs these kids were taking I wonder if a LD would even be correct. Some medications can Skrew the results.

v good question. i have no idea whether it came first person from MB or second-hand via HT. i just recall reading it somewhere along the way.

Either way, it had to originate with MB? Seems like a significant comment, CR was out of commission (reportedly, ha, who knows?), but JR was right next door, but then she first asks MB if he wants to party and it'd be just the two of them?

that made me think that MB might've had a greater role in all of this than what it seemed at first blush. Specifically, that he might've been the actual connection for their party fun. I think that's since been shot down, but I was trying to marry LS's alleged request to party with MB to the situation/person.

I wonder if LS actually had something on her. Granted she had lost all of her belongings by this point but maybe she had something in a small pocket? That would make sense of why she asked MB and then went to JR's. If she had something all she'd have to do is find someone to do it with, not someone who had something.

Ha ha-I really feel like if anyone is arrested tomorrow I would not be shocked. Well, shocked that an arrest was made out of nowhere, but not by who it is. JR, CR, JW, random stranger, some of the minor players, any combination of the above and I would be like...yes, we should have known. It feels like several scenarios actually fit where I don't feel that way in other cases :waitasec:

Who did report the MB party comment? Was it MB or was it HT saying MB did?

It came from Salzmann (CR's attorney). Here's the link...

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-surv...spierer-last-spotted-20110612,0,7227876.story

I'm not sure Salzmann's age but I've always wondered what the word "party" means to him? When he made this statement was he aware that a lot of younger people equate the word "party" with cocaine use?

Just catching up and adding a couple of comments....

Regarding why LE has not released the video: Unless there's some activity or some person for which/whom LE needs help identifying, I can't really see the point. I figure that they can easily tell WHAT the kids are doing in that alley and I believe they've already said that everyone on camera is known to LE. I'm guessing that since there appears to be cameras most everywhere, LE is able to have kept tabs on the whereabouts of each POI throughout that evening as well as the next day, so I'm not really sure that the public can offer much more input. That said, I would love to see the video for my own curiosity.

I also am beginning to feel that while there appear to be many involved, only one (maybe two) know what actually happened to Lauren. I just can't see these boys all keeping their stories straight over the summer without living near each other and/or remaining in constant communication. I'm very doubtful that these kids are communicating. It wouldn't be difficult for LE to be tracking their phone calls, monitoring online activity through their IP address (which can be obtained via court order from their Internet provider), and general comings/goings. I just think it would be nearly impossible for them to continue communicating about this.

I'd imagine that if the perp is any one of these boys, his behavior would surely be quite suspicious by now. I know that with my own children, I can generally tell when their guilty of something (like even breaking a vase). I can't imagine that one of these boys could continue to act innocent, if he's not....unless he truly was taking so many drugs that evening that his memory is vague and therefore he's able to convince himself it didn't happen. I still think that one of these kids is involved somehow. The parents seem to believe that one or more know something.

I can't imagine what this will do to those who are innocent. Yes, they should not have been doing drugs. But that doesn't make them murderers. Whether we as parents like it or not, this is a huge part of the college scene. Not returning to college to complete their degree could place a devastating impact on their future. Many schools won't allow one to transfer back advanced level courses and if so, will only allow a min. number of credits. It may be impossible for them to continue elsewhere, without basically starting over. I feel for those who really had no involvement, yet I hope this serves as a wake up lesson to them about how this level of partying has consequences just be being indirectly involved.

I would also venture to say that IU may have a direct impact on what is being released and what isn't. No university wants bad PR. I live in a major college town. We have a really bad drug problem at our high school, which was shocking to me when we moved here b/c this is a nice family, affluent area. I was told by a few separate policemen (one being our school liason officer) that LE would love to have drug dogs in the schools but that the schools won't allow it. One officer and several community members have told me that apparently before I moved here, there was a huge political battle between the school district and the major university in town. This of course is hearsay but supposedly, when the university has professors in town on a campus job-scouting trip, they take their kids to the school and do not accept offers at the university if they think the school has a drug problem. Having the drug dogs would scream "We have a drug problem" so therefore the university was VERY against this and I'm suspecting that they threatened to pull the plug on some amazing programs which they offer to our school students. So apparently, the idea is to pretend we don't have a drug problem by sweeping it under the rug, talk about how AMAZING high school programs (which there are many), let the professors move here with their kids, then they can deal with their own kids' problems once they get suckered into the heavy drug use. Yes, I'm being sarcastic, and yes again this is hearsay, but I ABSOLUTELY believe this to be true! I've seen too many good kids go down the wrong paths and have begged for drug dogs in our schools. I suspect that IU holds a similar fear as our local university, that bad press will turn away students and perhaps faculty.

Keeping their stories straight would not be that hard, if they have not been continously speaking with LE...they probably gave their stories and hired lawyers and have not talked about it again without lawyer present. It really does not take a mastermind to give a version and stick with it. If LE had some proof and came after someone hard, that would be different, someone might "crack." But unless they are undergoing regular interviews, which I doubt...theycould easily stick to their original stories, IMO.

Maybe what's on the video isn't our business but on the other hand sometimes a reconstruction of events can help shake something loose. Maybe the POI's wouldn't cooperate but the auxiliary people could.

When I think of drunk people leaving the bar, I think of them as being pretty boisterous and loud. Maybe a group left Kilroys and accompanied LS and CR to Smallwood. LS isn't involved in the altercation. Is that because she actually entered her apartment to get her stash of pot or feed her fish or find shoes? Meanwhile the drunk crowd is getting irritated with CR's attentions to her. I know I'm getting some of the facts wrong but you get the idea. Can you picture it?

Essentially I'm having a hard time picturing an altercation on the fifth floor of a building without people hearing it and I'm having a hard time picturing how an exit was made. Also unclear is how two incredibly drunk people managed to walk back to 5 N. Maybe some mischief was made on the way (not necessarily sex, but vandalism, general noisiness, etc.). If I was in that state and feeling no pain I'd be tempted to do crazy stuff.

I can see websleuths being able to help, if you think of each one of us as part of the processing capability of a larger "computer" that churns through possible scenarios until the best one fits. So, showing tape or videoing a reconstruction of some of the events of that night could help in that sense.

BTW, when I say I'm having a hard time picturing how CR and LS exit I do realize someone described this scene but how did the larger group disperse? Did they live in smallwood? Was there much hassling as CR and LS left?

A big welcome and glad your here.I do have one question,what are other students or the towns people saying they think happened to Lauren? Thanks

Thanks. Everyone who I have talked to believes the OD scenario, more or less. Have not heard more specifics than that really. While there have been some strange situations in Bloomington recently (the woman strangled in day light, a woman being held at gunpoint in the middle of the day) most of these things happen where the locals live, not close to the college campus.

:welcome::party:

I have a question for you. Are there any reports (either here or in the media) that you have read that you think are not true?

No, I can't think of any that I specifically disagree with off hand. If I think of any I'll let you know

Another letter that is one step away from basically naming names and pointing fingers.

Indianagirl-not sure if you can answer this so I understand if you cannot, but are we being too hard on HT in your opinion?

News on LaurenS Twitter account tweeted this tonight:

New poster: twitpic.com/65rqmu & new letter from Lauren's parents: findlauren.com Please RT.

I have seen many retweets on this on my Tweetdeck.

Since the police are so confident they have searched all off Bloomington she had to be transported out of town somehow.That means either a vehicle or a dumpster.Since the police have not searched the landfill,released pictures of the POI cars to see if the public saw them that night or of vehicles that were caught on the many cameras around town so the public can identify them just as they did with the white truck it makes me wonder what they are doing to investigate this case.

I was without internet for a couple days and it was killing me not being able to get on here and keep up with the news. It is so sad that there is still no new news:( everything in me believes more will come out when school starts back up...it just has to

Updated letter from parents. Still deafening silence.

findlauren.com

http://findlauren.com/

Respectfully snipped from the parents message:

"There is no reason to think the people Lauren was last with, wouldn’t do everything in their power to help us find her..."
end of snippet

I don't want to sound snide, but the fear of being caught up in serious drug charges, and attorneys keeping the clients well protected are sadly the answer.

The sadness is compounded if LS was taken by a stranger, and the actions of the POI's have diverted LE's attention more than it should have....

I wonder how skilled LE is in dealing with a situation like this - being confronted by POI's all with attorneys? These aren't dumb kids... Still, assuming the POI's have formed a cabal of sorts - there should be evidence of them doing this. Cell phone records, surveillance cameras, eye-witness accounts on the day(s) that followed might hold important clues about who was meeting with whom, and who was orchestrating things...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1000MoonsAgo