IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Then, HT and maybe MB (some people even question the MB statement now) said party which people on here still swear doesn't mean drugs.

Really? Who?

I don't count PT-I know some people here love it, but I just cannot really say with 100% certainty which online posters have real information and which are just reciting rumors or inserting themselves for other reasons.

I believe that if you had my understanding of that site, and had done the off-site research I had done on posters there, you might be satisfied as to their identity and position to know of what they speak.

I do NOT understand why JW is not close with Lauren's parents to this day; what on earth could he have to hide, he never saw her that night, why would there be any sort of a breach there, assuming there is, as it seem? At first they (L's parents) were saying Lauren and JW are in love, they are everything to each other, then a week or two later, it seems as though JW is totally separate from L's family and only hides behind a lawyer like the others.

Have you ever used the drugs in question? If not, how would you know? You agree that she was in a "state" - she was allegedly foaming at the mouth and stumbling out of an elevator barely able to walk. Do you believe that a girl in such a state is in a position to decide what she wants in terms of being involved with a guy?

I don't believe we have anything but heresay and an anonymous source to establish the alleged stumbling out of the elevator (foaming at the mouth? seriously?).

In my book that doesn't rise to the level of established fact.

And if she was interested in any of the men she was with that night, she could have decided that much earlier in the evening; for example, at the point at which she decided to spend the after-game hours at the bar, instead of with her boyfriend.

I don't mean any disrespect to LS at all. I know that in college there was a time when an interesting new prospect came onto the scene and I was drawn to him and wanted to know him better, even though I was taken and I had no serious intention of actually following through.

I do NOT understand why JW is not close with Lauren's parents to this day; what on earth could he have to hide, he never saw her that night, why would there be any sort of a breach there, assuming there is, as it seem? At first they (L's parents) were saying Lauren and JW are in love, they are everything to each other, then a week or two later, it seems as though JW is totally separate from L's family and only hides behind a lawyer like the others.

Did you miss this article? http://www.lohud.com/article/201109...rents-doubt-friends-reports-her-disappearance

Two weeks after the disappearance, JW and RS exchanged cordial text messages, and RS says he expects he will speak with JW again (which I understand as something like, "when this is all over").

And if she was interested in any of the men she was with that night, she could have decided that much earlier in the evening; for example, at the point at which she decided to spend the after-game hours at the bar, instead of with her boyfriend..

You mean after she had done a lot of coke and xanax?

I agree that there does seem to be a distance - at first her parents were described in some of the lohud articles as speaking fondly of him and now they don't mention him at all except to say he got in touch on Father's Day - but I don't think it's possible to overestimate how much strain everyone is under.

My sister was the victim of a violent crime when she was in college, and even though her long-standing boyfriend was not a serious suspect (or was less-so than others), the police questioned him, took a DNA sample, etc., and there was after that some tension/distance from our family. Nothing overt - just a subtle separation -- probably partly because dealing with him when we had a tiny shadow of a doubt as to his innocence was just too much.

Did you miss this article? http://www.lohud.com/article/201109...rents-doubt-friends-reports-her-disappearance

Two weeks after the disappearance, JW and RS exchanged cordial text messages, and RS says he expects he will speak with JW again (which I understand as something like, "when this is all over").

But why are they forbidden contact with JW in the meantime?

Is this a directive from LE? From JW's counsel? From the Spierer's own attorney?

And if so, what is the purpose?

It is curious.

I mean shortly before the last released image of her smiling, on her way out for the evening, sans boyfriend.

Assuming that's the correct time (which I believe is probably right), I repeat the statement you quoted, minus perhaps only "a lot of" (and then perhaps only as to one of the drugs).

But why are they forbidden contact with JW in the meantime?

Is this a directive from LE? From JW's counsel? From the Spierer's own attorney?

And if so, what is the purpose?

It is curious.

Who says they are forbidden? If they are, it seems like standard operating procedure.

Route 37 and old route 37 play into this somehow, I just get this gut feeling that I'm not able to put aside. How popular is Stepp Cemetery with IU students, if anyone local knows?

Who says they are forbidden? If they are, it seems like standard operating procedure.

So if they are not "forbidden" by outside forces, you are saying it's a mutual agreement? Or would you say one party simply chose to cut off contact?

If I may quote Skigirl from above:

just a subtle separation -- probably partly because dealing with him when we had a tiny shadow of a doubt as to his innocence was just too much.

So, it's that tiny shadow of doubt that causes the parents of missing persons or victims of crime to distance themselves from the SOs?

Hmmmmm.

(It's not always the case, BTW. Just thinking of another recent case, Holly Bobo's mother says she communicates/texts daily with her missing daughter's beau. )

So if they are not "forbidden" by outside forces, you are saying it's a mutual agreement? Or would you say one party simply chose to cut off contact?

If I may quote Skigirl from above:

So, it's that tiny shadow of doubt that causes the parents of missing persons or victims of crime to distance themselves from the SOs?

Hmmmmm.

(It's not always the case, BTW. Just thinking of another recent case, Holly Bobo's mother says she communicates/texts daily with her missing daughter's beau. )

I can't pretend to speak for all families of crime victims, but on reflection, for me, it was not just the sliver of doubt, but also the guilt over even entertaining the doubt.

I can't pretend to speak for all families of crime victims, but on reflection, for me, it was not just the sliver of doubt, but also the guilt over even entertaining the doubt.

That's very honest and interesting and I really do thank you for sharing that(ugh, I sound like a TV therapist! :innocent:). It's some amazing insight though!

JW getting a lawyer so quickly would cause doubt for me, if I were Lauren's parents, regardless of all of the good reasons to get one, JMO...

That's very honest and interesting and I really do thank you for sharing that(ugh, I sound like a TV therapist! :innocent:). It's some amazing insight though!

Hahah, I almost prefaced it by saying, "gee, I am generally not this introspective." :)

Route 37 and old route 37 play into this somehow, I just get this gut feeling that I'm not able to put aside. How popular is Stepp Cemetery with IU students, if anyone local knows?

Never heard of it until now. There was an article in the IDS (IU student newspaper) about it Oct 2010. I don't do haunted but an AEPi party might.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mili