IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's the key to the whole case. I would not be surprised if something happened there that ultimately led to her disappearance. We dont know who was with her at that moment, as the police did not release the name.

<modsnip> finding meaning in a single piece of LE jargon ("activity"), while dismissing the meaning of so many other more explicit statements, as well as the fact that LE hasn't named anyone.

It <modsnip>, because the later the plans changed, the more her actions may have been affected by her drug use, which as I said I understand to have begun before she left SW for the night, and continued at 5N before the bar.

OK, can we put this to rest....it wasn't my point. I realize it may mean something more to you, but that's was not my path...I was simply stating she had plans and changed them.

Don't yell at me lol, but, getting back to JW staying home to watch the game then going to bed. Does anyone feel that it's odd that NO ONE called him about the fact that his friends beat up CR?

Don't yell at me lol, but, getting back to JW staying home to watch the game then going to bed. Does anyone feel that it's odd that NO ONE called him about the fact that his friends beat up CR?

You say "friends," plural. We have no good evidence that more than one of his friends was involved in the confrontation (http://www.indy.com/posts/source-mi...pierer-barely-functional-before-disappearance says "at least one friend of" JW), that more than one person (I have seen only allegations that a single person) "beat up" CR, or that the person who threw the punch(es) (allegedly, ZO, based on anonymous comments only) is a friend of JW's.

You say "friends," plural. We have no good evidence that more than one of his friends was involved in the confrontation (http://www.indy.com/posts/source-mi...pierer-barely-functional-before-disappearance says "at least one friend of" JW), that more than one person (I have seen only allegations that a single person) "beat up" CR, or that the person who threw the punch(es) (allegedly, ZO, based on anonymous comments only) is a friend of JW's.

However the point is, the way these kids use their phones, you don't find it strange that JW wasn't called about the incident that involved his own girlfriend?

You see, this is what happens when arguments start, all progress is stopped. That's not right, can we keep this an ongoing discussion where no one tells others how to think, or what to think?

You see, this is what happens when arguments start, all progress is stopped. That's not right, can we keep this an ongoing discussion where no one tells others how to think, or what to think?

Not to mention that addressing posters, rather than the post, is against WS rules...Bessie will probably weigh in...

The thing that has always bothered me about the phone is that is the reason JR gives for the 4:15 A.M. phone call.So he knew she did not have her phone.Something someone who is going to hide a body would check for.If LS was sober enough to realize she did not have her phone I would think she would also realize she did not have her keys to her apartment.If she was going to call someone at that time of the morning right before she starts walking home I would think the call would have been to HT so she could get back into her apartment.I would think JR had her phone number since they were friends.

This post is clearly directed at me. I am not trying to tell others how/what to think, but rather am subjecting their statements of fact, and arguments, to fact-based scrutiny.

I totally agree and think it's strange as well. IN MY OPINION, given how broad the circle of friends seemed to be, and how many interconnections there were in the group, I don't think a close friend of JW's would have had to be involved for word of a fight that (even peripherally) involved his girlfriend or a companion of hers to get back to him. I would think that phones would start ringing very quickly.

However the point is, the way these kids use their phones, you don't find it strange that JW wasn't called about the incident that involved his own girlfriend?

Well, the point was based in part on the notion that there was a group of JW's friends that "beat up" CR, presumably because he was with JW's girlfriend (and not because of some other beef). When you remove that factual underpinning, it seems much less strange imo, especially if LS was not the target of the confrontation.

That said, yes, I do agree that one might expect JW to have heard about a confrontation involving his girlfriend from one person or another. I do believe, based in part on what I've read on PT, that there were at least two friends of friends of JW involved in the confrontation, that it may have concerned CR's attention to LS (a concern for LS at least as much if not more than for JW), and that if ZO was not the puncher we (would not necessarily but) might have a denial of that fact. However, there is no evidence of any connection between the ZO crew and JW's sphere other than ZO's alleged involvement in the confrontation and in any event I believe that if JW had heard about the confrontation, it's something LE would probably have discovered through examination of phone records, and that regardless he does not appear to be the focus of concern of the family (or LE).

Well, the point was based in part on the notion that there was a group of JW's friends that "beat up" CR, presumably because he was with JW's girlfriend (and not because of some other beef). When you remove that factual underpinning, it seems much less strange imo, especially if LS was not the target of the confrontation.

That said, yes, I do agree that one might expect JW to have heard about a confrontation involving his girlfriend from one person or another. I do believe, based in part on what I've read on PT, that there were at least two friends of friends of JW involved in the confrontation, that it may have concerned CR's attention to LS (a concern for LS at least as much if not more than for JW), and that if ZO was not the puncher we (would not necessarily but) might have a denial of that fact. However, there is no evidence of any connection between the ZO crew and JW's sphere other than ZO's alleged involvement in the confrontation and in any event I believe that if JW had heard about the confrontation, it's something LE would probably have discovered through examination of phone records, and that regardless he does not appear to be the focus of concern of the family (or LE).

Not that we are aware.

What about the cell ping near Martinsville. Where did that origionally come from, is that just a rumor?

It originated from a poster here actually (and was subsequently deleted). Yes, rumor.

I just hope that Lauren's case doesn't end up as a cold case, just as Morgan Harrington's has thus far. I feel that by LE keeping things so close to their vests, those who may remember something don't have the opportunity to because nothing is forthcoming. Why must LE continue on this path? I just don't understand their thinking.

The JW/altercation/hanging out story has always seemed strange to me, but I do think there are multiple explanations for why that is. The one that makes the most sense to me is that, at least for HER, her mind wasn't 100% into the relationship. I am not judging or attacking-lord knows how college relationships are. But that is the easiest explanation for me to lay to rest some of the oddness I find in that whole narrative for the night.

I also really hope it doesn't go cold. I cannot imagine coming back here in 10 years and her still being missing and the only news is the occasional anniversary article or parent statement on some website :(

The JW/altercation/hanging out story has always seemed strange to me, but I do think there are multiple explanations for why that is. The one that makes the most sense to me is that, at least for HER, her mind wasn't 100% into the relationship.

The one that makes the most sense to me is that her mind wasn't 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody