IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is an article that quotes JW's friend. Will see if I can find the 11:30 reference.

http://www.fox59.com/news/bloomingt...udents-disappearance-20110613,0,3710472.story

Thanks for this article -- to me, one thing that that articles you and I dug up underscores is that their friends know the broader outline of the story but may not know all the details so we should probably take those with a grain of salt -- e.g., her roommate says it was a text, his friend says it was a call from the bar; the details about exactly when the alert was raised are hazy.

Also, the reporters are somewhat careless with the details that we're taking seriously, which was evident to me when I transcribed a couple of the press conferences and read the corresponding MSM articles, so I'm keeping that in the back of my mind as well.

In the Morgan Harrington case, a mysterious fire took place shortly before her body was found on the nearby Anchorage Farm. Some speculate MH's body was at the farmhouse, dumped at AF, then the house was burned to destroy evidence of her murder. Others claim that without the knowledge of the owner, AF itself was used for late night parties. The property is so vast that a large gathering could easily go unnoticed. The case remains unresolved.

In the case of the detective's sister, 20+ years before the Carreira case, she had had a party when her family was out of town. She was sexually beaten and murdered and set ablaze in the house to destroy evidence. Killer was found guilty, sent to prison for 75 years & recently denied parole. http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=3557599

I just find it very odd that if LS was supposed to hang with JW, she didn't even respond to ONE of his texts? If she didn't have her phone, this would make sense. I can believe her maybe setting down the phone at JR's place, and losing track of time, but if she was alert enough to pick up that phone to take it with her to Sports, she didn't even check her texts and answer him once? Really? That's hard to believe.

CS is saying something to someone about the phone. It is suspicious to say the least, that the LS had the phone on her from 12:15 until it was left at Sports, maybe around 2:00-2:30...depending on when at Sports she no longer had it, and NEVER used it. It's suspicious that some of the statements/comments from friends of LS and JW don't match up.

Someone mentioned that there's no reason to think that LS and CR met at Indy or that LS and JW's relationship was an issue, but IMO I think there may be more merit to a 'love triangle' or jealosy issues than some of LS friends are letting on. Apparently LS had plans to watch the game with JW, but decided against this plan, and made new plans that began after midnight with a different boy that she either just met or got to know better, and spend the late evening hours with him. POI or suspect or NOT....CR was with LS most of the night. The Kilroy text/call to JW about the phone, the time it happened and sequence/timing of the events the next day are all very suspect to me.

I believe the events of the evening led to her dissappearance and that it wasn't just a readom abduction. There are so many factors of the evening, including the absence of JW, absence of calls that CS is refering to, and the Spierers direct comments to the friends...that they have additional information that we don't have (for good reason) that the events of the evening have everything to do with her dissappearance.

I also think that if LS and CR were just 'making their way' through the alley at the last camera at 10th and the alley, then that would have been reported just like the other previous camera sightings. The fact that LE states that their was 'activity' and do NOT name CR as being in the video, tells me there is more to that vid than just 2 people.

Someone mentioned that there's no reason to think that LS and CR met at Indy or that LS and JW's relationship was an issue, but IMO I think there may be more merit to a 'love triangle' or jealosy issues than some of LS friends are letting on. Apparently LS had plans to watch the game with JW, but decided against this plan, and made new plans that began after midnight with a different boy that she either just met or got to know better, and spend the late evening hours with him.

Every time someone suggests that there was relationship trouble, it is based on misreading of the facts. This is no exception. They had plans to meet AFTER the game, i.e. after midnight, not during the game. And I am sure that in a two-year-plus relationship, it is entirely ordinary for them not to meet up on a night when they had planned to.

she had to have contacted him somehow OR they were having relationship trouble OR she was way, way more messed up way earlier than any of us think. That story is about as real to me as CR's punch amnesia.

I don't know what "us think," but I do know that people I believe to be closer to the facts than anyone here say she began to get messed up before leaving SW. It's also generally accepted that she got more messed up at JR's, and was very messed up at Sports.

Every time someone suggests that there was relationship trouble, it is based on misreading of the facts. This is no exception. They had plans to meet AFTER the game, i.e. after midnight, not during the game. And I am sure that in a two-year-plus relationship, it is entirely ordinary for them not to meet up on a night when they had planned to.

No, as stated, "IMO I think there may be more merit to a 'love triangle' or jealosy issues....this is NOT a misreading of facts, it's merely an opinion and speculation, as stated, of the lack of facts, thereof.

I believe that there is MUCH more information and MANY more communications that went on that night than we are privy to, therefore, I, like others, are trying to connect the dots. And as you are 'sure' that..."it is entirely ordinary for them not to meet up..." is no more of a fact, but again speculation. <modsnip>. Thank you.

I would also like confirmation as to the time he took his roommate to class. When the story first broke, I had heard 8AM. Later on, it had been changed to 12PM.

The 8AM comes from a single anonymous individual with no connection to the case, and there's good reason to believe that it is mistaken. The noon comes from an individual that I have verified to my satisfaction is actually a friend or roommate of JW's; I believe others are capable of doing the same.

If the family were pointing at JW, why would they be publicly pointing at JR and CR, and why would they arguably in fact be publicly saying nice things about JW? Why do you keep ignoring this?

I am a little confused/suspect as to when JW called LS's phone and the bar picked up. I also wonder, if the bar doesn't open until earliest 2PM, when and how he got the phone. Did he get it the night before? If he was calling it in the morning, presumably no one would answer seeing that no one is at the bar. But according to some accounts, JW called LS's phone and the bar answered and he went and retrieved the phone. WHEN???

Those are not "accounts." If they even exist (cite, please), they are anonymous comments or misreadings/misrememberings of the facts.

It is perfectly straightforward when he picked up the phone imo - he dropped his roommate off before noon. The bar opens at 4. He picked up the key sometime during a 2PM class, after speaking to Sports (who it's reported called him - see article at bottom). So he clearly spoke to the bar some time between noon and 3 to 4 (depending on the length of the class). I'm not sure he even picked up the phone at that time, but the police report was made just before 4:30 - http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/07/03/news.qp-1931501.sto.

Btw, the idea that JW was texting her early in the morning of 6/3 may come from this article (http://www.lohud.com/article/201106...mor-overdose-new-details-her-night-parents-TV), which says he was texting her "hours after her disapperance," not before it.

No, as stated, "IMO I think there may be more merit to a 'love triangle' or jealosy issues....this is NOT a misreading of facts, it's merely an opinion and speculation, as stated, of the lack of facts, thereof..

I said it was BASED on a misreading of facts - the belief that they were supposed to meet up to watch the game. That is incorrect. <modsnip>.

I said it was BASED on a misreading of facts - the belief that they were supposed to meet up to watch the game. That is incorrect. <modsnip>.

What is incorrect here? How is it u sound so sure? Help me out here. U guys r alot better than i am at putting stuff together-thats why i come here.
Also-are there any articles i can read that have the S' speaking nicely of JW? I may have missed something. Considering the limited facts we have in this case i dont think any1 on this board should be telling any1 else that they r wrong.:woohoo:

"Every time someone suggests that there was relationship trouble, it is based on misreading of the facts."....the confusion is that your statement of misreading the facts is directed at the 'relationship trouble', not whether she was planning to hang with JW to watch the game or AFTER...frankly, I don't recall (thanks for the clarification) but it was not pertinent to my thinking if it was before or after, but that she had plans....then they were changed.

Also-are there any articles i can read that have the S' speaking nicely of JW? I may have missed something.

"Wolff, who said he had planned to get together with Spierer the morning she went missing, joined the search the following weekend. He has had no contact with her parents since then, except for a cordial Father's Day text message that he sent to her father.

Robert Spierer, who said he responded in kind, expects he will speak with Wolff again one of these days. He has had no contact with any of the other 'persons of interest,' though he briefly met Rosenbaum when the search began."

http://www.lohud.com/article/201109...rents-doubt-friends-reports-her-disappearance

And note whose story they aren't questioning in that article.

What is incorrect here? How is it u sound so sure? Help me out here.

What is incorrect, for the third time, is the statement that they were supposed to meet up to watch the game (which was before midnight). Rather, they were supposed to meet up afterwards - after midnight.

"Every time someone suggests that there was relationship trouble, it is based on misreading of the facts."....the confusion is that your statement of misreading the facts is directed at the 'relationship trouble', not whether she was planning to hang with JW to watch the game or AFTER...frankly, I don't recall (thanks for the clarification) but it was not pertinent to my thinking if it was before or after, but that she had plans....then they were changed.

It <modsnip>, because the later the plans changed, the more her actions may have been affected by her drug use, which as I said I understand to have begun before she left SW for the night, and continued at 5N before the bar.

I believe that there is MUCH more information and MANY more communications that went on that night than we are privy to, therefore, I, like others, are trying to connect the dots. And as you are 'sure' that..."it is entirely ordinary for them not to meet up..." is no more of a fact, but again speculation. Please be respectful of peoples speculation and opinoins in contrast to a mis-stating of facts. Thank you.

I wanted to thank you for pointing this out.

I also think that if LS and CR were just 'making their way' through the alley at the last camera at 10th and the alley, then that would have been reported just like the other previous camera sightings. The fact that LE states that their was 'activity' and do NOT name CR as being in the video, tells me there is more to that vid than just 2 people.

I think that's the key to the whole case. I would not be surprised if something happened there that ultimately led to her disappearance. We dont know who was with her at that moment, as the police did not release the name.

"Wolff, who said he had planned to get together with Spierer the morning she went missing, joined the search the following weekend. He has had no contact with her parents since then, except for a cordial Father's Day text message that he sent to her father.

Robert Spierer, who said he responded in kind, expects he will speak with Wolff again one of these days. He has had no contact with any of the other 'persons of interest,' though he briefly met Rosenbaum when the search began."

http://www.lohud.com/article/201109...rents-doubt-friends-reports-her-disappearance

And note whose story they aren't questioning in that article.

they r in no way coming out and saying they Dont ? JW. Im not seeing that here at all. Im not saying i am looking at JW but Im not closing the door on anyone or anything at this point. We just simply Dont have enough facts about anything or anyone. Im not gonna get sidetracked with this again about JW. U r no more privvy to info than the rest of us. I-like others disagree with ur opinions-its ok. Stop trying to shut Dwn this line of thought pls! Id like to explore a lil more

they r in no way coming out and saying they Dont ? JW. Im not seeing that here at all. Im not saying i am looking at JW but Im not closing the door on anyone or anything at this point. We just simply Dont have enough facts about anything or anyone. Im not gonna get sidetracked with this again about JW. <modsnip>.

<modsnip>. Question 1: Do they explicitly question JR and CR's stories in that article? Question 2: Do they explicitly question anyone else's stories in that article? Question 3: Do they say what may be nice things about JW in that article?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonlit7