IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After looking more closely at those posts elsewhere that I mentioned above, I'm also more of the opinion, though not certain, that there was at least one other person at JR's with LS late at night - that's consistent with Salzmann's suggestion that there were at least 3 people LS encountered after CR went to bed (two of whom are MB and JR). I don't know if that was a guest from out of town or not. I wonder if that person was there earlier in the night and also if they went to Sports with CR and LS. I wonder, in fact, if JR went to Sports. I do remain fairly confident that it was (only) CR in the alley with LS.

Why must the "the acquaintances" in the quote below be CR and MB? This is from Elmomom, post #685, thread 9 and your response. What timeline is being referenced?

It sounds like the time is after MB put CR to bed in which case it would not be CR, could be MB but who else. Or, the timeline could be from earlier in the evening, before CR was put to bed and they went "up to" ( I know Qualters may not have meant this literally but it's a fairly steep hill) to someone's apt other than JR's, perhaps their neighbor. Finally, the two parts of the quote could be unrelated.

Quote:
Lieutenant Bill Parker said the Bloomington Police have conducted polygraph tests with the people who were with Lauren the night she disappeared. “We have spoken to the acquaintances that were with her in going up to the other apartment on 11th, and then the acquaintance that watched her walk away, but I don’t want to [say] what was stated at this point"

http://indianapublicmedia.org/news/c...ng-iu-student/

I think the fight was the evening's fulcrum -- the point at which it tipped for LS from a normal fun night out in which she might have overdone it a little but nothing she couldn't sleep off -- to a very dangerous one.

I disagree, at least with respect to her condition. Nothing about the confrontation, which was not directed at her, caused her to stumble out of an elevator in a condition similar to that she allegedly was in at Sports.

Why must the "the acquaintances" in the quote below be CR and MB? This is from Elmomom, post #685, thread 9 and your response. What timeline is being referenced?

It sounds like the time is after MB put CR to bed in which case it would not be CR, could be MB but who else. Or, the timeline could be from earlier in the evening, before CR was put to bed and they went "up to" ( I know Qualters may not have meant this literally but it's a fairly steep hill) to someone's apt other than JR's, perhaps their neighbor. Finally, the two parts of the quote could be unrelated.

Quote:
Lieutenant Bill Parker said the Bloomington Police have conducted polygraph tests with the people who were with Lauren the night she disappeared. “We have spoken to the acquaintances that were with her in going up to the other apartment on 11th, and then the acquaintance that watched her walk away, but I don’t want to [say] what was stated at this point"

http://indianapublicmedia.org/news/c...ng-iu-student/

I don't really understand your post beyond the first question. My answer to that is that we have nothing to indicate that there was a third individual in the alley, and that it is a straightforward reading of the Parker quote to assume that the acquaintances are MB and CR.

I disagree, at least with respect to her condition. Nothing about the confrontation, which was not directed at her, caused her to stumble out of an elevator in a condition similar to that she allegedly was in at Sports.

The confrontation caused her to leave Smallwood.

I don't really understand your post beyond the first question. My answer to that is that we have nothing to indicate that there was a third individual in the alley, and that it is a straightforward reading of the Parker quote to assume that the acquaintances are MB and CR.

My read of this is not in the alley.

Whose "other apartment" is this and from where are MB, CR, and LS departing?

My read of this is not in the alley.

Whose "other apartment" is this and from where are MB, CR, and LS departing?

You're misreading, I believe, because of Parker's awkward phrasing. He's referring to LS and CR's going up to CR and MB's apartment ("other" is to distinguish from JR's apt) - CR and MB are the individuals LS was with during that process. I remember parsing this at the time.

You're misreading, I believe, because of Parker's awkward phrasing. He's referring to LS and CR's going up to CR and MB's apartment ("other" is to distinguish from JR's apt) - CR and MB are the individuals LS was with during that process. I remember parsing this at the time.

Misreading someone's awkward phrasing? lol To not misread that statement must require a mindreader then.

I interpret it as more than one acquaintance went with Lauren to an apartment.

Misreading someone's awkward phrasing? lol To not misread that statement must require a mindreader then.

I interpret it as more than one acquaintance went with Lauren to an apartment.

I think if you refer back to the full context of the quote you'll agree with me.

I think if you refer back to the full context of the quote you'll agree with me.

I can see that because of the conducting of polygraphs. But this means I also have to accept that MSM has told us the names of everyone who took a poly.

My original thought was it might reinforce the notion of one or two other acquaintances being at JR's when she was there.

I went back and looked at the first page of the first thread in this case and saw something interesting. The linked article is gone, but a quote from the link says the following:

"Lt. Parker says Bloomington Police have Spierers cell phone, which she had left at a different friend’s house earlier in the evening. The phone has yet to provide any leads and Parker says they are not releasing the address of where the cell phone was found."

I think it's more likely than not that that was early misreporting (especially given LE's unwillingness to confirm in the second sentence). But what if it wasn't? Does anyone recall if/when/how it was corrected?

I think that's pretty consistent with what I said. However, I don't know that that describes the entire group, or how many members. We have the undenied "rumors" about ZO, for instance, who may not be AEPi - I'm not convinced he was in the confrontation, but I have become more convinced, after re-reviewing things that have been posted elsewhere, that he might relate, at least tangentially, to the case.
I can't find it, but I thought in the early days of all this, there was a "friend" of JW's posting on his facebook account about having his back or somesuch in regards to the fight. Does anyone else remember anything like that?

Maybe I read that in the comments section of another story, but I thought it was here.

I went back and looked at the first page of the first thread in this case and saw something interesting. The linked article is gone, but a quote from the link says the following:

"Lt. Parker says Bloomington Police have Spierers cell phone, which she had left at a different friend’s house earlier in the evening. The phone has yet to provide any leads and Parker says they are not releasing the address of where the cell phone was found."

I think it's more likely than not that that was early misreporting (especially given LE's unwillingness to confirm in the second sentence). But what if it wasn't? Does anyone recall if/when/how it was corrected?

No, but this may be related to CS's curious comment about when Lauren last used her cell phone!

And, this friend is different than who? Edited to add: JR.

Another interesting quote from the same page and post by Knox:

According to Bloomington Police Lieutenant Bill Parker, Spierer was walking home from a friend’s house a few blocks away. He says Spierer and her friends had been partying but her friends felt it had been several hours since their last drink and she would be fine to walk home on her own.

Sooo...according to this it was more than JR and these friends were drinking with her several hours earlier, at Sports likely.

Lt. Parker was probably taken off the case for giving TMI.

As the article contains no mention of the bar, it reinforces my supposition that the friend's house is the author's supposition, and LE did not yet want to give up details re the bar.

I think early reporting can account for some mistakes. I am not familiar with the author of the Indiana Public Media s/he may be a student--I'm not implying any less accuracy than say the HT, but just sayin'. I do think Lt. Parker was looser with info which may have resulted in inaccuracy early in the case and this may be why he went bye-bye. Obviously the flow of info slowed then stopped with Qualters.

Another interesting quote from the same page and post by Knox:

According to Bloomington Police Lieutenant Bill Parker, Spierer was walking home from a friend’s house a few blocks away. He says Spierer and her friends had been partying but her friends felt it had been several hours since their last drink and she would be fine to walk home on her own.

Sooo...according to this it was more than JR and these friends were drinking with her several hours earlier, at Sports likely.

Lt. Parker was probably taken off the case for giving TMI.

Good point.

In other words, if it weren't for the Spierer's keeping track of what's being said on message boards like this, LE wouldn't have a clue about what we have been talking about. Doesn't surprise me in the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95