IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Blythe

Sorry I didn't mean to attach my musing about what might have been had JR phoned 911 to your post.

I was just confirming that according to Indiana law if JR had done the right thing, he could be facing manslaughter charges right now. Had he as host provided drugs.

I know what you mean. I guess we have to make it easier to do good, or, rather, easier to do the right thing.

I could not agree more with your statement about the video evidence.I have been bothered that other than the white truck that LE has not asked the public's help in identifying one person or vehicle in the 300 hrs of video they claim to have looked at.I wonder if they would have even bothered with the white truck if they did not erroneously think it had circled the block.

...just something to ponder:
another searcher whom i know personally swears that he saw JR at an out-of-town exhaust repair shop one week after LS disappeared. He was driving a white truck exactly like the one in the video minus the lettering on the doors. He was inquiring about some repair work for that truck.
Was there actually two white trucks?
Did JR have access to a white truck?
Did someone drag their exhaust loose off-roading somewhere?
The shop is just north of Martinsville.

David Ison is accused of killing 5 people after a drug deal gone bad, reportedly for only $100.

Perhaps some similar situation occurred June 3. Was the Smallwood altercation motivated by a price hike? Or if anyone in that neighborhood was as desperate as Ison apparently was, might they not have abducted LS to rob her jewelry, or if they thought that she might be carrying cash or drugs?

http://www.kypost.com/dpps/news/tri-state_news/suspect-pleads-not-guilty-to-indiana-murders_6818674

Amanda Napier said Ison told her the Napier’s had lied to him by saying they were supposed to have 50 pills and they only had 30. He said they were to make up it up to him late in the week by giving him 20 more pills and that the price of the pills increased from $10 to $12.

Read more: http://www.kypost.com/dpps/news/tri...ilty-to-indiana-murders_6818674#ixzz1apAlZvRn

I am going out on a limb in wondering if the "Hispanic" man at Killroys had something to do with the Hispanic men in the white truck. Perhaps Lauren called one of them with someone else's phone; or, she gave him info as to where she was going to party and he stalked her out using the "construction crew" theory as an alibi; or Lauren told him at Killroys to meet her at the location of the white truck at a certain time.

I can't help but think these guys weren't checked out good enough. For all practical purposes, Lauren would have passed them on her walk back to Smallwood given the length of time they were there.

I do recall them being referred to as Hispanic.

Too ironic for me if the Hispanic in the bar story is for real.

I don't think the truck driver or passenger was identified as Hispanic or identified at all unless some media outlet did their own investigation and found them. LE went out of their way to not identify them and precisely for the reason that some people would never clear them in their minds no matter how well LE investigated them. And the rumors and innuendo could harm their business.

I was at IU last weekend with a good friend that had been there a few weeks prior. They took a cab that weekend and asked the cab driver what he thought happened to LS. The cab driver told her he picked up JW that night and dropped him off at Yogi's (bar) and that he was acting strange/upset and that he'd been with LS. I'm not sure how he knows this was JW for sure or where he picked him up at...my friend didn't get details. It makes me wonder what was going on at Smallwood before she left at 12:30 with DR. Was there a party going on there? Was JW there and upset at what she was doing and that's why they didn't hang out that night? Yogi's closes at 1:00 am on Thursdays so I'm guessing the cab driver picked him up sometime before that...if this really was JW. The cab driver said he's turned this information into LE. All we have from HT is that they were "hanging out" at Smallwood before she left with DR. HMMM.

The cab driver told her he picked up JW that night and dropped him off at Yogi's (bar) and that he was acting strange/upset and that he'd been with LS.

Even if this story were true and the cab driver believed he had picked up JW, how on earth would he have known that he had been with LS? Unless you mean she was there too?

It's always interesting to hear new rumors and potential clues, even if they are not from 'official sources'. Still, I'm finding it strange that all of a sudden all of these new stories are coming out of the woodwork after all this time.

It is good that we are getting some new rumors, but this case has left me exhausted on what is rumored and not fact. I have literally heard everything across an entire spectrum of rumors that stop only at alien abduction in craziness. I think that is normal in a case where no strong evidence exists, there are so many variables, and it involves a cute little blonde girl. Everyone has a story or "I heard that" type rumor from someone. It is frustrating that none of them have actually led to Lauren though. Like, if the "Mexican" guy pushing drugs on her at the bar is true we should have videos of him potentially or witness statements on record by LE regarding him. As well as the other millions of rumors or hearsay flying around. I guess we don't know if we do or not, though, since LE hasn't released anything. I would bet they probably have a ton of tips though along the lines we have been seeing here. I wonder if every one was examined carefully?

Even if this story were true and the cab driver believed he had picked up JW, how on earth would he have known that he had been with LS? Unless you mean she was there too?

It's always interesting to hear new rumors and potential clues, even if they are not from 'official sources'. Still, I'm finding it strange that all of a sudden all of these new stories are coming out of the woodwork after all this time.

I don't know how the cab driver knows JW had been with LS that night, or if it really was JW...my friend didn't get details. I trust my friend 100%, but don't know about this cab driver. I don't see any reason for the cab driver to lie and he said he turned his info into LE, so I would guess he feels pretty certain what he witnessed. I've known about this for a while but haven't posted so I guess "rumors" are coming out b/c we don't have much else to talk about. I don't even know how relevant this is other than maybe they got into a fight earlier and that's why they didn't hang out that night. I do think more was going on at Smallwood before she left at 12:30.

I don't know how the cab driver knows JW had been with LS that night, or if it really was JW...my friend didn't get details. I trust my friend 100%, but don't know about this cab driver. I don't see any reason for the cab driver to lie and he said he turned his info into LE, so I would guess he feels pretty certain what he witnessed. I've known about this for a while but haven't posted so I guess "rumors" are coming out b/c we don't have much else to talk about. I don't even know how relevant this is other than maybe they got into a fight earlier and that's why they didn't hang out that night. I do think more was going on at Smallwood before she left at 12:30.

It's not that a cab driver has a reason to lie, it may be that a cab driver wants to insert himself into a case like this because it feels good or makes him feel important. Early on, there was a cab driver who said Lauren was in his cab on June 4 (a day after she disappeared). He posted repeatedly on his FB page that she kept visiting him in his dreams and he was getting upset over it. He was also in the hospital with some illness or surgery at the time. I just now visited his page (public Wall) for the first time in over 3 months and he says his wife hit him over the head while he was sleeping. :waitasec:

Edited to add: If true, one place from which the cabbie would not have picked JW is his house--it's 2 and 1/2 blocks away from Yogi's.

I'm beginning to consider that JR essentially tossed LS out at about 4:30. The call to DR may have been a last ditch effort to have someone pick her up and take her home. He may have let her stumble out. That would make the basic facts of his story accurate, though not the implication that he was considerat nor that she was safe. He may not know what became of LS ; but certainly knows that he left her for dead or at least left her to her own devices. This would leave a wider window for her to wander off, meet up with someone random, or be picked up.

I think we overestimate the value of cameras in the neighborhood. It is not cinemascope.

Just another new thought after four months of no progress, no LS, no evidence.

JMHO
That is possible.If you look at the interview on fox he could not just stick to the story fed to him by his lawyer of staying silent to protect the integrity of the case.He just had to add that he talks privately to LS family.In an attempt to make him self look better than he actually is.Also goes to show he will lie to try to accomplish it.

Bessie, it would follow then, based on your speculation that they went to her apt to get cash, that they were not able to make the deal so she went looking for him.

I can accept that she left JR's alone. I can still believe he exaggerated or lied about the rest.
Yes, Jupiter, that is how the theory would follow through with one addition: before she went looking for the guy with the coke, she went looking for money since her plan to get cash from her apartment was thwarted by "the altercation". To repeat what Imkeylime has already stated. LS goes to JR's apartment, tells him she can get some coke but needs money, which he gives to her. Now we have an explanation for his caginess. He doesn't want to admit that he supplied LS with money and let her go off alone to purchase drugs from a stranger in the middle of the night. Whether or not he was going to partake of the drugs himself, the moral and legal implications give him reason to lie. I hadn't thought that the call to DR was to find out if he'd seen or heard from Lauren, but it seems possible.

Disclaimer: The above is a theory based on the growing collection of hearsay and rumors that share a common theme.

It's not that a cab driver has a reason to lie, it may be that a cab driver wants to insert himself into a case like this because it feels good or makes him feel important. Early on, there was a cab driver who said Lauren was in his cab on June 4 (a day after she disappeared). He posted repeatedly on his FB page that she kept visiting him in his dreams and he was getting upset over it. He was also in the hospital with some illness or surgery at the time. I just now visited his page (public Wall) for the first time in over 3 months and he says his wife hit him over the head while he was sleeping. :waitasec:

Edited to add: If true, one place from which the cabbie would not have picked JW is his house--it's 2 and 1/2 blocks away from Yogi's.

That is a good point. I do remember the other cab driver trying to insert himself into the case saying he had picked up LS and dropped her off somewhere.
I really wish I would've been with my friend b/c I would've asked the cab driver a million questions! It doesn't surprise me that she didn't ask more details b/c my friends (fellow IU alum) aren't following this case closely. They are aware LS is missing but don't really know any details of the case. She noticed all the flyers around town and asked the cab driver what he thought happened to LS.
The one thing that seems plausible with the cab driver's statement is that Yogi's is really close to JW's residence, and it would make sense if he hung out there. I guess it just got me thinking about what may have happened earlier in the evening. I keep picturing JW at home watching the game, which may be true, but we don't know what was going on before the game. Maybe he had already seen LS and that's why they didn't hang out later, or maybe they got in a fight and that's why she went out that night.

That is possible.If you look at the interview on fox he could not just stick to the story fed to him by his lawyer of staying silent to protect the integrity of the case.He just had to add that he talks privately to LS family.In an attempt to make him self look better than he actually is.Also goes to show he will lie to try to accomplish it.

Adolesents tend to tell you what they presume you want to hear, in my experience, which accounts for his embellishments which make his behavior sound more socially acceptable and conscionable.

Yes, Jupiter, that is how the theory would follow through with one addition: before she went looking for the guy with the coke, she went looking for money since her plan to get cash from her apartment was thwarted by "the altercation". To repeat what Imkeylime has already stated. LS goes to JR's apartment, tells him she can get some coke but needs money, which he gives to her. Now we have an explanation for his caginess. He doesn't want to admit that he supplied LS with money and let her go off alone to purchase drugs from a stranger in the middle of the night. Whether or not he was going to partake of the drugs himself, the moral and legal implications give him reason to lie. I hadn't thought that the call to DR was to find out if he'd seen or heard from Lauren, but it seems possible.

Disclaimer: The above is a theory based on the growing collection of hearsay and rumors that share a common theme.

As someone (Keylime?) has said, when Lauren asked MB if he wanted to "party" this could have also been a request to pay or share the cost. He "demured" so she goes to JR.

Lauren left CR's at 3:15 a.m. In the new scenario we've been constructing, she could be basically out on the street then meeting up with someone and disappearing during the 3:30 to 4:30 a.m. time frame.

I wonder what the house guest's involvement was at that point? It's possible the guest went looking for her and he becomes involved at some level, giving JR yet another reason to implicate himself--to protect his friend.

JR could have known that something tragic happened to her even before, say, 5 a.m., so he not only watches her leave he sees her with his own eyes at the corner at 4:30.

That is a good point. I do remember the other cab driver trying to insert himself into the case saying he had picked up LS and dropped her off somewhere.
I really wish I would've been with my friend b/c I would've asked the cab driver a million questions! It doesn't surprise me that she didn't ask more details b/c my friends (fellow IU alum) aren't following this case closely. They are aware LS is missing but don't really know any details of the case. She noticed all the flyers around town and asked the cab driver what he thought happened to LS.
The one thing that seems plausible with the cab driver's statement is that Yogi's is really close to JW's residence, and it would make sense if he hung out there. I guess it just got me thinking about what may have happened earlier in the evening. I keep picturing JW at home watching the game, which may be true, but we don't know what was going on before the game. Maybe he had already seen LS and that's why they didn't hang out later, or maybe they got in a fight and that's why she went out that night.

It has been said (by his roommate on PT, I believe) that he did not approve of her doing the hard stuff (coke). And I think someone has even said that may be why she didn't want to be him later that night.

Even if true, like you said, I'm not sure how significant this cab ride would be, but it's not out of the realm of possibility. JW may have been drinking. Kids who drink and walk home can be arrested for public intox. I read on a Web site recently where a student visitor recommended to partiers to take a cab if they can't walk home.

In my day and age it was don't drink and drive. Now it's don't drink and walk. :crazy:

Every time I start to imagine scenarios that involve LS walking away at 4:30 am, I remember the talk about the cadaver dogs hitting behind JR's. While not confirmed, that story (unlike rumors about the white truck or mysterious people at the bar) was at least backed by people using their real names who were involved in the search and claimed to be working with the Spierers. I don't know if there is any truth to it either, but it still makes me wonder...

As someone (Keylime?) has said, when Lauren asked MB if he wanted to "party" this could have also been a request to pay or share the cost. He "demured" so she goes to JR.

Lauren left CR's at 3:15 a.m. In the new scenario we've been constructing, she could be basically out on the street then meeting up with someone and disappearing during the 3:30 to 4:30 a.m. time frame.

I wonder what the house guest's involvement was at that point? It's possible the guest went looking for her and he becomes involved at some level, giving JR yet another reason to implicate himself--to protect his friend.

JR could have known that something tragic happened to her even before, say, 5 a.m., so he not only watches her leave he sees her with his own eyes at the corner at 4:30.

One thing about what I speculated bothers me ... primarily because of the wristlet she dropped. I wish we knew the contents of her wristlet. Although she wouldn't have picked up $$$ from SW, she might have had some in her wristlet. Also, if JR gave her $$$, w/o the wristlet she would have had to carry it ... I doubt her leggings had pockets. She could have tucked it in the waistband ... or maybe she went looking for the wristlet? IDK.

JR saying he watched her round the corner could be a blanket statement. Last night I dropped off my daughter's friends after the football game. The last two said to just drop them off at the corner, that people (teens who drive maybe) leave them there all the time and nothing bad has ever happened. (One lives a few houses to the left of it, the other a few houses perpendicular from it.) I drove them to their homes, obviously. It was a weird moment.

Adolesents tend to tell you what they presume you want to hear, in my experience, which accounts for his embellishments which make his behavior sound more socially acceptable and conscionable.

College students are usually post-adolescents. Not trying to nit-pick, but this new movement to "kid-ify" people until they are 40 is JMO extremely misguided.

JR may just be trying to be "acceptable," or he may know other members of LS's family, whom he may have spoken to privately.

One thing about what I speculated bothers me ... primarily because of the wristlet she dropped. I wish we knew the contents of her wristlet. Although she wouldn't have picked up $$$ from SW, she might have had some in her wristlet. Also, if JR gave her $$$, w/o the wristlet she would have had to carry it ... I doubt her leggings had pockets. She could have tucked it in the waistband ... or maybe she went looking for the wristlet? IDK.

JR saying he watched her round the corner could be a blanket statement. Last night I dropped off my daughter's friends after the football game. The last two said to just drop them off at the corner, that people (teens who drive maybe) leave them there all the time and nothing bad has ever happened. (One lives a few houses to the left of it, the other a few houses perpendicular from it.) I drove them to their homes, obviously. It was a weird moment.

What would be a ball park figure for the cost of an eight ball in Bloomington? Not that LS was necessarily involved herself, but some person(s) close to the situation may have been carrying a lot of cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member